AvMed Health Plans

AvMed Health Plans Employer Reviews

productive and fun place to work at
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee), Miami, FLJuly 9, 2014
a great place to grow while providing a great service to all customers
Educational
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee), FLJune 25, 2014
Working for AvMed has been educational i have matured from all the lessons here. Coworkers push you to become better and treat you like family
fun place to work
MEMBER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), miami flMay 14, 2014
Pros: employees were patient
Cons: did not want to hire, just keep on temp
calls were not as hectic, fun atomosphere, employees were nice
Fast Paced Fun Place to Work
Member Service Representative IV (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLMay 2, 2014
Business casual-encouraged growth within company. Multi-level management always available. Team Atmosphere.
Great Learning Experience
Medicare Sales/ Medicare Revenue/ QI Analyst (Current Employee), Miami, FlApril 24, 2014
Plenty of learning experiences; Great Environment; Productive; Fast Paced
provider service rep
Verification Representative for Provider Services (Former Employee), Miami, FLApril 10, 2014
I enjoyed going into work everyday. I loved speaking on the phone with the providers . I gained a lot of knowledge throughout my time at Avmed.
Productive excellent place to work for and free coffee.
Senior Clerk / Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: helping customers. great benefits.
Cons: short lunches
Taking in coming calls in a call center setting. Helping customers understand their health benefits. Filed grievances as needed if a customer was billed when they were not supposed to be billed. Helped providers get authorizations for customers medications, surgeries, etc. I learned to take more than 30 calls an hour. Management was great. My co-workers – more... were the best. Hardest part of the job was leaving. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the customers. – less
Very productive and great place to work at
Member Services Representative (Current Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 21, 2014
I enjoy what I do and love working with people overall, especially the elderly at this moment here at Av-Med.

Love working with people and assisting them in their needs as well.

I enjoy going the extra mile for my clients at all times.
A stagnant Company with high turnover
Sales (Former Employee), North RegionJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: fair benefits package, community involvement activities
Cons: favoritism, job uncertainty, rude senior management
North Region is the "forgotten stepchild" in the eyes of senior management in Miami, the Corporate headquarters. Overall, SanteFe Healthcare is a very good Company, but AvMed is a dinosaur in today's health insurance marketplace. The North Region is given little to no support from senior management in regard to advertising, pricing strategy or strategic – more... direction. There have been several Sales Directors in recent years in the North.
This should tell you something. – less
Productive environment. High Pressure. Management turnover.
MANAGER SPECIALTY MARKETING MEDICARE (Former Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 6, 2014
Managed all Medicare marketing efforts. 50 events in a 10 week period and all other strategic initiatives for the Senior marketing.
Met all Federal regulations and compliance issues regularly.
Productive and condusive work place
RN HEDIS Review Nurse (Former Employee), Miami, FLDecember 15, 2013
My days at work end and begin with my nursing assessments. I not only assess my patients but their family members as well. I've learned a great deal from my well versed and experienced coworkers, from nursing skills, to how and when to use my nursing judgment. Management has done a great work with keeping the lines of communication open, fair and balanced. – more... The hardest part of what I do is managing it all in 12 hours, but the best part of my job is being able to be a superhero for 12 hours. – less
Never work for Avmed in Sunrise, The Supervisor will burn you to the stake
Inpatient Case Manager UM (Former Employee), Sunrise, FloridaAugust 19, 2013
Pros: just disappointments, going home was the best pro i could think of, oh wait if you speak spanish you might be on the supervisor good side, because you cant understand her horrible english accent while be trained by her.
Cons: you will work so hard, you will be unappreciated, and no one will care. you will be spoken to as if you are an idiot, you will be expected to the job done with very little training, no one will help you unless you beg, try never to get sick you will get terminated, finally all new personnel gets paid the same dollar amount regardless of experience or degree, your supervisor is threaten by your degree if its higher than hers.
1- Your training is a joke at Avmed, if you are a temp I feel bad for you, if you get hired full time, may the higher powers be with you. Your training will be you sitting across the supervisor's desk who will inform you not to take notes. Her English accent is so thick you are afraid to ask her to slow down or 'Im sorry I do not understand you'. She – more... speaks very fast and she is very difficult to understand, yet will say to you after the '3 - 5 day' drive thru training, I call it.

The day you say you dont remember that part of the training, you will hear " I remembered telling you that (when I was training you). Im sorry I didnt get that the first time around it wasnt in english. As much as I wanted to say that, I took the hit and the felt the feeling of incompetence when reproached in that manner. As the supervisor is always right, right? This training was you either get it for the next 3 months or we get rid of you. Im glad I had some real training? or a real class? What a joke. I got it better than most, and they still got rid of me, so what does that tell you about Avmed.

Very high turnover rate with temps, as I noticed they treated them badly. They also received a drive "thru training" and it was worse than ours, and was still expected to do a job well done. They were talked down to by the supervisor and the medical Director, who literally ignored the temps, and treated them like dirt, the trainer never worked as a real nurse in a hospital and her spanish accent was as thick as mud.You might as well say you are part Latin, or you chances to stay on will continue to be very slim.

2-Your name is temp or the 'that new person' with no photo to your badge, ask for a photo and get a promise and an excuse the camera is broken. You will work well pass your hours and your days will turn into nights because you will still be there trying to finish all the work that nobody wanted and those assignments will be the worse. They tell you will get to go to the hospital at times, you will never get there if you dont work your fingers into the keyboard first. You will not get paid for more than 8 hours, so, the sooner you get done with the work the better. You will be accountable for time spent after cut off time.

3- 3 mths will go by and you will still be there hanging on working like an animal on the abusive job wondering if you passed probation, or better yet if you're a temp, you will never be offered a full time position. You will think you put in the time, the extra hours without pay and think you have landed the job. Then again they can say “well we abused you for 3 mths and everyone went on vacation, therefore without warning we don’t need you anymore, can’t afford you full time”. Please dont contact us, this is a right to work state, GOOD LUCK.

4- Will they tell you that, well not in your face, they will be deactivating all your access as the day go along, you will be experiencing TECHNOLOGICAL issues towards the end of the day, not understanding why and when you log out, that will be your last day. As they were monitoring your computer all day to see when to shut you down.

5- The last nurse there lasted 8 mths without a full time job offer and they threw her to the curb. Another nurse, was on the cusp of her 10 – 12 weeks and they also threw her to the curb, they have no intentions of bringing anyone in full time, unless you really know how to brown nose very nicely, because it will just cost them more money, versus getting a fresh body.

6- They will convince to stay as along as possible and tell you to stay calm while telling you what you want to hear. You know the line, 'you doing a good job, hang in there, what a joke. If you like your nursing license, preserve it and never work there. The stress level for you will be very high and it will send you into a whirlwind of questions, once that starts, its over for you. This is where your replacement begins, they know the s/s of 'what kind of place is this?'

7- If you have questions on how to complete your job, your manager is never around “always in the other office”, she is always in Miami, you might as well pack it up because no one will have time to help you do your job and their job. Remember you are new and you do not count yet. If you ask anyone what’s going on here?, you can call it a day.

8- The hardest part of the job is “ knowing you work so hard and they will kick you to the curb too, when you least expect it" “ The most enjoyable part was getting a chance to run to the car, without turning back, and that’s one hour later after the time you are supposed to go home. No one cares if you stay or work late, and it will be frowned upon.

9- Take a job from Avmed in Sunrise, Fort Lauderdale and you will be burnt to the ground, you might even go home upset and weepy. Your family will suffer, you will be stressed out and you will go home and kick the dog, cat, bird, etc, you may even get sick and you wont be able to go to the Doctor, because no one will believe you are sick. I got THROWN to the curbside like an animal with minge and I was doing a great job, yet I was looking haggard and it showed, so my clock was ticking with them obviously. You will never know they will be kicking you to the curb, everyone is soooooooooo nice.

10- I have always told them this is too much work for such little training, too much is expected for a new person. They said the more experience you have the more work you will get. I was out of a job at the blink of eye because I had a voice., sink or swim. Home or homeless, you decide. They do not care.

The next day, after I picked myself up from the floor, and wondered how fellow nurses can be so cruel and heartless especially from an insurance company in Sunrise, Fl.

Now I understand why the medicare generation does not want this Insurance Healthplan. If they can get scammed, so can the new employees. Now you know what to do fellow nurses, You decide if you want to work at Avmed. – less
Inpt Case Manager
Inpt Case Manager (Former Employee), Miami & Fort Lauderdale, FloridaJuly 18, 2013
Pros: theres lots of work
Cons: work till you drop dead
Looking for abuse work there. There is no other review out there about this position. They all quit. Staff belongs to clicks.
Long term employees at company
Provider Compliance Specialist (Current Employee), Gainesville, FLMay 27, 2013
There is a lot of team work within a department and assistance from outside departments. Manager is helpful with issues and professional progress.
Avmed
Member Services Representative Level III (Current Employee), miami flJanuary 21, 2013
Pros: thursday treats
Cons: no cons
Member Services Representative Level III-Provide accurate information for claims process to members or members representatives in a professional timely manner Offer understanding of plan offerings including co-insurance/deductible
• Properly document calls/contacts as required by departments standards
• Maintaining up to date and thorough knowledge – more... of Avmed’s products
• Provide accurate research and resolution to member issues
• Maintain an accurate filing system to ensure proper follow-up and resolution of cases
• Escalate unresolved issues to the next level
• Maintain strict confidentiality of all sensitive information
• Demonstrate and promote Avmed values – less
Nice people in my department to work with.
Quality Control Coordinator (Current Employee), Gainesville, FLAugust 16, 2012
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: new management style
AvMed is a fair company to work for. The company abides by it core values. They are always trying to improve processes. I enjoy working for this company, however, I am unhappy with some of the management styles and feel like I am not being challenged.
Outisde Sales
Senior Sales Representative (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJune 30, 2012
I work with brokers and financial consultants, specializing in health care solutions for employer groups. Present to c-level decision makers and conduct employee benefit meetings. Work involves travel within assigned territory and hitting monthly sales metrics. Present and assess for Senior Leadership, market conditions related to communications, advertising, – more... product, pricing, agent/consultant service, and client service needs. Typical work day includes making sales phone calls as well as face to face calls. – less
Great introduction to Health Care
Member Services Representative (Former Employee), Tampa, FLApril 21, 2012
Pros: you learn a lot about the health care
Cons: constant high call volume, this can be stressful at times
This was a great company to work for. I learned a lot about health benefits, claims processing and billing practices. I think the most challenging part of a member representative job is learning to diffuse angry callers and to find a resolution to complex claim/billing issues. The most enjoyable part is definitely being able to help someone in need.
Competitive compensation
Nurse (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 3, 2012
Pros: yearly townhall meetings
Cons: does anyone every take a lunch break?
Fair and ethical company. Lots of VPs and Senior VPs but there are serious issues they need to fix.
Enjoyed working with AvMed, loved my position there.
Sr. Treasury Bookkeeper (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLMarch 29, 2012
Pros: on premesis gym
AvMed is a good company to work for, they offer great benefits, work hours are great and the employees there are extreamly helpful and pleasant to work with.