AvMed Health Plans Employee Reviews

Avmed where working is a pleasure
Software Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 14, 2016
The best company to work as a team, learn and succeed. Excellent co-workers make it things happen. Management always provided the required cooperation to get things done.
Pros
Gym available on site
Poor Leadership
Manager (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLSeptember 1, 2016
Leadership does not believe in innovation or a culture to keep millennials, despite advertizing as such. Employees are overworked, underestimated and underpaid. Weak Human Resource department with, again, poor leadership that lacks ethical standards.
Manager
Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 15, 2016
I have never seen the level of sexism at a company at this level. I was in management, but was very resented for my position as a woman. Although well compensated, the job was not worth the hassle.
Pros
compensation
Cons
Lots of favoritism, sexism and overt racism.
Pleasant corporate culture.
Director of Physician Contracting and Service (Current Employee) –  Sunrise, FLMarch 25, 2016
Friendly staff, supportive management and opportunity to be visible on important projects. IT structure and administrative processes need to be updated.
Productive and fun Place to Work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 17, 2016
I learned to engage at AvMed a very good Company to work for. Great environment, coworkers are easy to get along with and helpful. Great management team. The hardest part is getting the Providers' office to sent send back the medical records, getting the star ratings at high as possible.
Pros
Free Breakfast
Cons
Short Break
Home away from home
Medical Credentialing Support Clerk (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLOctober 26, 2015
While culturally professional, AvMed is a relaxed, member focused, team oriented and positive work environment where colleagues are like family.
Friendly culture, no growth, scattered leadership
Program Manager/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 16, 2015
Friendly culture, no growth, scattered leadership and compensation tends to be below market, encouraging management to continually shoot for lower quality staff.
Pros
Cons
Leadership changes course frequently, below market compensation
Senior Analytical Consultant, Financial Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FloridaApril 27, 2015
Great people who enjoy what they do. You work hard, but collaborative co-workers and managers provide a sense of accomplishment and satisfaction.
Pros
Great people, competitive benefits/salary
Cons
Outdated data mining software, which requires more manual intervention than ideal
I enjoy this place of employment
Clinical Coordination Technician (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMarch 18, 2015
I enjoy the family atmosphere and the AvMed care values that are displayed daily on and off the clock. I have learned alot, worked with a very good, diverse group of people.
Pros
Family environment; loving staff
Very professional athmosphere
Administrative Reviewer (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 4, 2015
Very Nice Company. The team has great work ehtics. Great benefits. I have learn how to self manage and prioritize different task.
Enjoyable environment full of highly skilled employees
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FloridaFebruary 16, 2015
-Hospital admissions
-Insurance authorizations
-Call center customer service
Everyone willing to help each other to ensure the success of learning the job and completing the tasks at hand.
Service Desk Field Tech II (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 21, 2015
A day at AvMed is busy and highly demanding in getting things done. I consistently delivered a superior technical and customer service experience to the users. For most tickets I responded as fast as I could, depending on how much work there was. I figured out the appropriate solution or work around as fast as anyone else and reported results back to the manager to help the team if the problem came up again. If a user let the manager know I didn't do everything as well as they wanted, I would listen to what was said and try to apply it as I continued to learn how IT works at AvMed so I was getting better all year long. My co-workers were awesome and very nice. We were all happy to work with each other. We would share knowledge with each and make sure the left hand knew what the right hand was doing. The hardest part of the job is trying to reach end users to resolve their issue in a timely manor. The most enjoyable part of the job is the employees are so nice when they call the service desk. I've never spoken to anyone angry or upset about anything.
Pros
All employees at AvMed are nice and courteous
Cons
The company has a high turnaround rate they higher allot of temp employees
Flexible
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FloridaJanuary 19, 2015
Work as a Team. Management provides organization changes in a timely manner.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Stability
Best place I have ever worked!
Insurance Claims Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLDecember 26, 2014
Absolutly loved working with Avmed, great co-workers and management.
Agent Support Representative
Agent Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 13, 2014
Handle and resolve incoming calls from brokers, prospects, members and internal employees.
Professional friendly company
HEDIS Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 21, 2014
People who work here are wonderful: intelligent, ambitious, motivated, and perhaps most important - FUN! They work together as a team that team camaraderie allows you to stay motivated. Everyone is encouraged to work hard, and is rewarded for that. The management team welcomes constructive feedback
Pros
Stable company
Cons
Short term (temporary) job assignment
productive and fun place to work at
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 9, 2014
a great place to grow while providing a great service to all customers
Educational
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  FLJune 25, 2014
Working for AvMed has been educational i have matured from all the lessons here. Coworkers push you to become better and treat you like family
fun place to work
MEMBER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  miami flMay 14, 2014
calls were not as hectic, fun atomosphere, employees were nice
Pros
employees were patient
Cons
did not want to hire, just keep on temp
Fast Paced Fun Place to Work
Member Service Representative IV (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMay 2, 2014
Business casual-encouraged growth within company. Multi-level management always available. Team Atmosphere.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AvMed Health Plans. Our community is ready to answer.