AvMed Health Plans Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and fun Place to Work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 17, 2016
I learned to engage at AvMed a very good Company to work for. Great environment, coworkers are easy to get along with and helpful. Great management team. The hardest part is getting the Providers' office to sent send back the medical records, getting the star ratings at high as possible.
Pros
Free Breakfast
Cons
Short Break
Home away from home
Medical Credentialing Support Clerk (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLOctober 26, 2015
While culturally professional, AvMed is a relaxed, member focused, team oriented and positive work environment where colleagues are like family.
Friendly culture, no growth, scattered leadership
Program Manager/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 16, 2015
Friendly culture, no growth, scattered leadership and compensation tends to be below market, encouraging management to continually shoot for lower quality staff.
Pros
Cons
Leadership changes course frequently, below market compensation
Senior Analytical Consultant, Financial Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FloridaApril 27, 2015
Great people who enjoy what they do. You work hard, but collaborative co-workers and managers provide a sense of accomplishment and satisfaction.
Pros
Great people, competitive benefits/salary
Cons
Outdated data mining software, which requires more manual intervention than ideal
I enjoy this place of employment
Clinical Coordination Technician (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMarch 18, 2015
I enjoy the family atmosphere and the AvMed care values that are displayed daily on and off the clock. I have learned alot, worked with a very good, diverse group of people.
Pros
family environment; loving staff
Very professional athmosphere
Administrative Reviewer (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 4, 2015
Very Nice Company. The team has great work ehtics. Great benefits. I have learn how to self manage and prioritize different task.
Enjoyable environment full of highly skilled employees
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FloridaFebruary 16, 2015
-Hospital admissions
-Insurance authorizations
-Call center customer service
Everyone willing to help each other to ensure the success of learning the job and completing the tasks at hand.
Service Desk Field Tech II (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 21, 2015
A day at AvMed is busy and highly demanding in getting things done. I consistently delivered a superior technical and customer service experience to the users. For most tickets I responded as fast as I could, depending on how much work there was. I figured out the appropriate solution or work around as fast as anyone else and reported results back to the manager to help the team if the problem came up again. If a user let the manager know I didn't do everything as well as they wanted, I would listen to what was said and try to apply it as I continued to learn how IT works at AvMed so I was getting better all year long. My co-workers were awesome and very nice. We were all happy to work with each other. We would share knowledge with each and make sure the left hand knew what the right hand was doing. The hardest part of the job is trying to reach end users to resolve their issue in a timely manor. The most enjoyable part of the job is the employees are so nice when they call the service desk. I've never spoken to anyone angry or upset about anything.
Pros
all employees at avmed are nice and courteous
Cons
the company has a high turnaround rate they higher allot of temp employees
Flexible
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FloridaJanuary 19, 2015
Work as a Team. Management provides organization changes in a timely manner.
Pros
flexible
Cons
stability
Best place I have ever worked!
Insurance Claims Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLDecember 26, 2014
Absolutly loved working with Avmed, great co-workers and management.
Agent Support Representative
Agent Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 13, 2014
Handle and resolve incoming calls from brokers, prospects, members and internal employees.
Professional friendly company
HEDIS Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 21, 2014
People who work here are wonderful: intelligent, ambitious, motivated, and perhaps most important - FUN! They work together as a team that team camaraderie allows you to stay motivated. Everyone is encouraged to work hard, and is rewarded for that. The management team welcomes constructive feedback
Pros
stable company
Cons
short term (temporary) job assignment
productive and fun place to work at
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 9, 2014
a great place to grow while providing a great service to all customers
Educational
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  FLJune 25, 2014
Working for AvMed has been educational i have matured from all the lessons here. Coworkers push you to become better and treat you like family
fun place to work
MEMBER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  miami flMay 14, 2014
calls were not as hectic, fun atomosphere, employees were nice
Pros
employees were patient
Cons
did not want to hire, just keep on temp
Fast Paced Fun Place to Work
Member Service Representative IV (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMay 2, 2014
Business casual-encouraged growth within company. Multi-level management always available. Team Atmosphere.
Great Learning Experience
Medicare Sales/ Medicare Revenue/ QI Analyst (Current Employee) –  Miami, FlApril 24, 2014
Plenty of learning experiences; Great Environment; Productive; Fast Paced
provider service rep
Verification Representative for Provider Services (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 10, 2014
I enjoyed going into work everyday. I loved speaking on the phone with the providers . I gained a lot of knowledge throughout my time at Avmed.
Productive excellent place to work for and free coffee.
Senior Clerk / Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJanuary 30, 2014
Taking in coming calls in a call center setting. Helping customers understand their health benefits. Filed grievances as needed if a customer was billed when they were not supposed to be billed. Helped providers get authorizations for customers medications, surgeries, etc. I learned to take more than 30 calls an hour. Management was great. My co-workers were the best. Hardest part of the job was leaving. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the customers.
Pros
helping customers. great benefits.
Cons
short lunches
Very productive and great place to work at
Member Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 21, 2014
I enjoy what I do and love working with people overall, especially the elderly at this moment here at Av-Med.

Love working with people and assisting them in their needs as well.

I enjoy going the extra mile for my clients at all times.