Avnet, Inc Employee Reviews in United States

not a good company
Inventory Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 7, 2015
close department very easy. inventory staff salary is very low. bad management, poor benefit. It is a not good experience to work in this company.
Great company
Supply Chain Analyst (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 29, 2015
Unfortunately, many layoffs and uncertainty at times. However, great place to work with excellent benefits and a great group of people to work with.
Great Company to work for
Applications and I.T. Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 12, 2015
Excellent company with great benefits that treat its employees with respect and professionalism. Coworkers and managers always willing to share knowledge and supportive on new tasks.
Successful company with global reach, average employee rating
Product Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 8, 2015
Working distribution offers natural obstacles as you are forced to negotiate for margin on both the supplier side and customer/sales side. There is a constant struggle to be creative in an effort to drum up additional revenue, this often leads to changes in benefits and compensation packages, employee layoffs, and other methods of cost savings.
Pros
work from home days
Cons
tough to advance and grow career with limited career path visibility
Avnet
Account Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 3, 2015
The company has great insurance & compensation is fair. I was a field employee, the company is very hands off. Some of their internal reporting tools could be better.
Avnet was on the cutting edge of technology and the promotion of the Internet
Manager, Project Support Services (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYJuly 8, 2015
I worked on the software systems and hardware/networking sides of the company and both areas were a tremendous learning experience. I learned about project management, software development and how to be a strong manager. My co-workers were energetic and engaging, they loved what they did. The hardest part of the job was trying to coordinate with our partners in Europe and Asia, mostly because of the time differences. The most enjoyable part was doing a ton of R&D as the company was a leader in value added sales systems and customizing software.
Pros
Able to learn many skills
Cons
Management Team was sent out to Arizona, company had to downsize
Enjoyable
Manager, IT Global Infrastructure Services (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 10, 2015
At Avnet, we’re encouraged to go beyond discovering mere solutions that will impact our very landscape. We are encouraged to ask, “What if?” Our Avnet family fosters an inventive and resourceful commitment to finding unique answers to complex problems. We believe that the act of wondering sparks creativity. We will work to foster your creativity, career and personal growth.
Good work/life balance with low advancement opportunity
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 3, 2015
The most enjoyable part of Avnet was the co-worker teamwork and being pro-active. Leadership skills within the organization was often given to allow advancement. Avnet does reorganization within the company of departments a little more than needed.
Pros
Covered parking and prime location
Cons
Healthcare expenses increased over $100 bi/weekly within 2 years
Productive and interesting workplace
Cisco Solutions Consultant (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 17, 2015
Great Place to work with strong work culture established.
One of the largest Solutions distributions in the states.
Long history and track record of proven success in the business.
Pros
much room to develop career.
Cons
sometimes a little slow to adopt innovations.
Great company
Accounting Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 28, 2013
This company does frequent acquisitions and mostly dissemble places that they bought.
Pros
big company fair compensation
Cons
job security (in companies acquired by them)
Good work place with average compensation
FAE (Current Employee) –  Milpitas, CAApril 3, 2012
Good work place with average compensation. Growth for technical folks is very limited.
Nice place to work
Senior Tax Analyst (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 26, 2015
There is a great team environment. A lot of opportunity in the company. The tax department has great leadership, and a lot of knowledge.
Excellent work life balance
Process Engineering & Development (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GASeptember 22, 2015
Given the latitude to design work and present ideas. Ability to impact the organization with process design that will streamline output to customer.
Pros
Positive atmosphere
Cons
Multiple acquisitions have caused confusion
Acquisition Mess
Server/Network Engineer Tier III (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 12, 2015
Avnet has bought a lot of companies over the past several years and has done a very poor job of integrating them into one. The hardest part of my job is the lack of communication from management. I rarely know what my expectations are from day to day.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
No clear direction or goals.
Cog in the Wheel sort of Culture
Solutions Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALAugust 8, 2012
No personal touch to Avnet. Relationships with accounts are based solely on linecard and finance.......building relationships are secondary. Culture is VERY static and rigid...........you are nothing more than an employee number. Management constantly shifting focus from one quarter to the next and goals were basically unattainable. Very inflexible when it comes to customer service. Way too many layers of management and red tape which means that no decision is made swiftly.
Pros
worked from home office with limited travel
Cons
very limited resources, lots of 'coasters' at this company who are not held to same standards/expectations as sales people, feels as if you have 5 bosses to answer to as well
Good Company
Sales Engineering and Project Management (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 7, 2015
Good company, need to get the right boss to support your efforts as the learning options are abundant if you take advantage of the opportunity.
Avnet is a good Fortune 500 Company to work for.
Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 5, 2014
I would run a daily report for our team, quote pricing on parts, approve orders, expedite orders, work with Vendors and Suppliers for the best pricing on parts, check part availability.

Learned Microsoft Windows, Office and Excel, Patience.

Management was great no micro managing and no supervision was needed unless you asked for it.

Co-workers were family.

The hardest part of the job was a little stressful when trying to meet deadlines for quarterly pricing for our customers.

The most enjoyable part of the job, every was pleasant to work with.
Pros
no supervision needed
Cons
n/a
Great work environment
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  San AntonioJune 27, 2014
Great team environment!!! Loved working here. Team player!! I learned how to work on a team. How to process each order despite difficulties...........how to fix it and get the order out to customer!!
Pros
great satisfaction as the team met production goals.
Cons
no advancement
A formerly-strong company that has had many downsizes
Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COFebruary 3, 2014
This location was once independent and was a very good company to work for at the time. Then it was acquired by Avnet, which brought on numerous layoffs, and changes to the overall work environment that were not positive, including many cost-cutting measures that reduced morale.
The employees there were very intelligent and professional, and was a friendly overall work environment otherwise.
Great people to work with.
Sales and Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 23, 2014
Was a great company to work for. My last 12 years, I worked in the sales and marketing group assigned to some of the top tear customers in the Northwest region. I really excelled at consultative selling by concentrating on strategy in the quoting process. My favorite part of the job was the teamwork within all of the groups with a focus on the end result.