Avnet Employee Reviews

A place where people can grow professionaly
Sr. Credit & Collections Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 21, 2017
Great people, nice workplace, relaxed atmosphere.
I got to learn a lot of new things, I wish I got into Sales though.
They also offer cross training which helps you better understand the bussiness
Don't even think about it!
Sales (Former Employee) –  PhxJune 15, 2017
After the conversion to SAP April 2016 it's a MESS! At one time it was a very good company to work for. Not now. After the conversion to SAP all the rolls and processes and procedures are a mess. Everyone is in a CYA mode. Layoffs all the time. VIP's left. Don't even think about it.
Pros
M-f
Cons
Too many now days to mention
Always worried about a reduction in force. Management is subpar. Quality on products produced is below average.
Distribution Center Rep. II (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJune 14, 2017
After being employed at this company for almost a decade. I can honestly say that I really haven't learned any valuable life skills, management skills that I can classify as a transferable skill. Mgmt. never really wanted to listen to my brilliant ideas to promote better teamwork and improve quality issues. Management expects you to meet unreachable productivity levels. Corporate America!

One of the best parts of my employment was that I met many great people of all levels of the company that believed in me.
Pros
The people that do the work. Benefits
Cons
Workload, Management, Quality of products, taking breaks are frowned upon by mgmt.
Harrassment filled environment
Inside Sales Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 13, 2017
Verbal harassment fueled environment, very difficult workplace. They have managers managing spouses and relatives, making for favoritism and unfair practices.
Not the best job I ever had
Inventory research specialist (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJune 13, 2017
Long hours and very long weeks. Very little amount of English spoken and lot of Spanish spoken. It is hard to work with people when you don't know what they are saying.
Wonderful place to work
Graphic Design Intern (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 12, 2017
Being an intern at Avnet was an incredible experience. All my co-workers were friendly and I still keep in touch today. My manager was awesome, gave wonderful feedback on projects, very laid back.
Pros
Salary, Co-workers, office space
Cons
A productive teamwork experience.
Solution Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 12, 2017
A productive teamwork experience. Everyday was a new experience with processing the data given and learning new ways of getting the job done. The company would give you a chance to grow.
A typical Publicly held Large company
Lighting Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OhioJune 9, 2017
Avnet is one of the worlds largest distributor of electronic components.
They are publicly traded and this causes them to be over reactive when the market changes.
Relaxed evironment but insular and disconnected management.
IT (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 8, 2017
Fairly low stress job. Fellow employees are nice and helpful. Don't feel pressured to work long hours.

Insular and disconnected managers(especially upper managers) that do not have proper knowledge of what their employees actually do to make them qualified to make decisions about the pay or promotion of those employees. This company doesn't seem to believe in continuous training.
Pros
Fairly low stress environment.
Cons
Very poor management.
Recommended for short term positions only
Dismantler (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHJune 3, 2017
For the position I was working in, a barrage of horrible functional flaws in the general workflow made this a very regrettable atmosphere for me, and others I worked with. Flaws that affect a work salary (rate pay) are nothing anybody wants to hear.
Productive and fun workplace
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXMay 26, 2017
A typical day at work would always involve new challenges that allowed employees to learn and develop new skills. The work environment was friendly including working with management.
productive, friendly environment, work as team
Outbound/ RMA (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 23, 2017
start with RMA pack out and receiving.
i learned bout quality of the units and condition before getting shipped off.
management is helpful, supportive and there when in need, have great leadership skills.
productive, friendly environment, work as team.
working in the warehouse is fun and i like the consist work always on a move.
break time is fun
Allocator (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 23, 2017
The itself is nice, however some other employees just do the bare minimum while others like to go above and beyond. Some people take advantage of the hard workers and have them do more than required and place a lot of emphasis on them instead of themselves
Excellent work life balance and relaxed work environment but lacks in advancement opportunities and has low wages
Customer Ops Support Mgr (Current Employee) –  Groveport, OHMay 21, 2017
Company is great to work for and build experience. They will have you do multiple job roles due to under staffing. There are not many advancement opportunities and the wages are typically lower than at other places. The vacation allowance is great.
Support Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 17, 2017
Work environment: Nice facility with a cafeteria. Large company setting which may not work for everyone. Love the flexibility to work from home one day a week and during special circumstances. Management was friendly and attentive although there were three supervisors in a span of 2.5 years. Reaching out to department/company contacts was challenging given the large company.
Pros
Constantly busy, flexibility to work from home, cafeteria
Cons
Not enough hours in the day, too many conference calls
Every day run of the mill corporation. Do not expect to be special.
Operations Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLMay 16, 2017
Very reactionary employer. Nothing is a problem until its a huge problem. There is no accepted responsibility for management mistakes, only passed down larger work loads. I found an issue in payroll with their ADP system auto-deducting from employees for meal periods even when the employee had time in/out punches. Two days later I was terminated for "Performance issues" even though I met and exceeded all metrics set forth by my manager, and had very good reviews.
Used to be a great place to work
Material and Product Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 16, 2017
Avnet used to be a really good place to work then they went and fired all the good managers did a software system upgrade there was a disaster and can't seem to find their place in the market. All of the new management with the exception of a few hardcore and don't really understand the industry or the company.
Pros
Flex hours
Cons
Everything else
Low stress and good stability but not a progressive company.
IT (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 16, 2017
I have been working here at the 47th St. Building in phoenix the whole time I have been here. Everyone's experience is different but for me this company has been relatively low stress, stable, and there is very little office politics. However this company has an old school environment, is not very progressive, and the mentality of management is about 30 years behind more progressive companies. It has been my experience that the management here lacks the competency, insight, and even interest in their employees to make a fair evaluation on job skills and contribution for determination of pay level and promotion consideration.
Pros
Fairly low stress, stability, fellow workers are nice.
Cons
Old school and not progressive, Lack of ongoing training, Insular and even obtuse management that seriously needs training.
This was a long time ago
ACCOUNTANTING SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 12, 2017
The company has changed significantly since I worked there but it was a good place to work and management was open to suggestions and made positive changes while I worked there.
Dead end
Logistics Team Member (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZMay 10, 2017
Its a good job that does not change much. The management seems to be a little unorganized. Not willing to work out schedules for most people. Overall easy job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avnet. Our community is ready to answer.