Avon Protection Systems is a global innovator in respiratory protection for the military, first responder, law enforcement and industrial markets. Our global installation of military- grade, industry leading personal protective equipment is at the frontlines of today’s national defense, emergency service, industrial and tactical deployment strategies. Avon Protections modular, total system approach to respiratory protection ensures that our customers can advance with confidence when facing the many CBRN, TICs and TIMs threats that exist in today’s world.
Join our team
In this friendly, open and collaborative environment, people of globally diverse talent are recognized in the continued growth of our world class platform. Here at Avon we are looking for experience combined with a pleasant personality and excellent ethics. We attract a diverse group of engineers, designers, production, sales and support staff who come together to help provide our end users best in class products so they can advance with confidence.
The Senior Financial Analyst will be primarily responsible to provide Finance support to assigned Product Development Team, Sales, Marketing & Engineering teams. This role provides the financial support for all Product Development Programs financial evaluations and controls, including New Product Cost analysis, Program Cost analysis (R&D Expenses, Capital Investments & Implementation Expenses) and Program Return on Investment analysis. As representative of the Finance Department this role also ensures the validation of the Program financial targets with relevant counterparts within the Finance Department. In addition, the Financial Analyst controls the technical deployment of the investments required for each approved Program and coordinates all activities for the provision of Annual Budget and Actual New Product Cost and Program Cost planning and reporting.
- Facilitate development of program estimates at completion and earned value
- Maintain controls over material and labor spend on engineering programs
- Manage financial aspects of bids & pricing proposals
- Facilitate the process of new product introduction from a financial perspective
- Develop budgets and forecasts for Engineering, Marketing and Sales
- Manage overhead spend controls for the Belcamp operation
- Provide full analysis of capital expenditures from project inception to post-completion outcome
- Review & approve commercial pricing proposals and marketing initiatives
- Provide sales/margin analysis to Product Managers
- Establish customer credit analysis, credit limits and terms
- Uphold and promote the companies policies and procedures
Desired Skills & Experience
Bachelor's Degree in Finance/Accounting or related required, Master's Degree preferred
Minimum 5 years’ experience in finance or accounting
Experience in bid & proposal work in a government contracting environment strongly preferred
Extensive understanding and demonstrated solid skills in Excel required
Ability to analyze, consolidate, and interpret complex financial data modeling
Avon has a strong heritage in designing and manufacturing respirators and combining this with the wealth of experience within the workforce it has secured Avon's position as the world leader in the design, development and manufacture of specialist and general personal respiratory protection solutions for a range of CBRN applications. Avon Rubber is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or any other protected status with respect to recruitment, hiring, upgrades, training, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment. EOE/AAP