Avon
2,064 reviews

Avon United States Employee Reviews

Sales Representative
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Hephzibah, GAApril 26, 2015
Pros: Flexibility while in school
Cons: People would buy up items then turn around and wouldn't pay.
I really liked the flexibilty of going to school while having the option of selling beauty products when I wanted to. I enjoyed it.
Sell, Sell, Sell
Independent Avon Representative (Former Employee), Pflugerville, TXApril 25, 2015
Pros: No set times
Cons: rejections
Depending on the day OK. Some good and some not so good. At first was very enthusiastic but then area manager retired and new manager was good at motivation skills and incentive to want to stay.
Over 126 years of supporting, promoting and helping women
Avon Independent Sales Representative (Current Employee), Spring Lake, MIApril 25, 2015
Pros: Achieve Goals, Avon honors you with trips, awards, recognition
Cons: Products change to new ones which is good, but not always for customers
Avon's philosophy remains solid in their support of cancer research,
domestic violence, date violence and financial equality and support for women.
NPD&E Engineering and Development
Packaging Engineer NPD&E Global Fragrance (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 24, 2015
Pros: location. global exposure
Cons: disorganizaton, apathy of employees and constant employee turnover
Daily tasks involved preparation of designs, prototypes and supplier follow up for feasibility; Project management duties; Daily interaction with Global Partners in Europe/Middle East/Asia and South America; Management is removed from immediate problems due to overwhelming workload so one must act decisively and promptly to aid global regions to make correct changes and/or troubleshoot packaging problems that arise. Most challenging part of the position is working with extremely limited budget which did not allow as many line trials as would avoid future problems during production. Difficult to deal with constant personnel changes and shifting company directives. Most enjoyable part of the position was interaction and management of Global Engineering counterparts as well as working with products I love.
Great learning experience
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Quinby, VAApril 23, 2015
This was a great learning experience that can take place in the comfort of your own home. I liked that you can get familiar with customers and learn how to be on hands with what you are doing.
Extra income
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Tulare, CAApril 17, 2015
Pros: Extra Income
Cons: Alot of people sell Avon
Avon has given my the opportunity to bring in income while staying home with my son. Though it can take quite a while to start up and make money off of, it takes money to make it right? They are there to help when you need it and answer all questions effectively. I personally don't make a lot off of it yet but every little bit helps and the more you put in the more you get out. I wouldn't recommend it to support your family solely off of, but a little spending money never hurts. Plus, I get to do what I love everyday, talk to and meet new people!
Process Oriented, friendly culture
Marketing Director (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 16, 2015
Currently going through an organizational turnaround and lots of ambiguity about the future. Work environment can therefore be challenging, yet rewarding when you see changes implemented.
Productive fast paced organization
Production Worker (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 8, 2015
The hardest part about working at Avon was managing the schedules and supplies to make sure that there was enough shipments to send out. Although that was the hardest part it taught me how to manage and organize schedules.
Great job.been selling over 20 years
Independent Sales Rep (Current Employee), Warren,MichApril 8, 2015
Pros: Make your own hours
Cons: Can't really go door to door anymore
Great customer service job for anyone who loves people and getting out of the house. Great way to earn extra money and you get to make your own hours to fit your day or night.
independent
Independent seller (Former Employee), Bronx, NYApril 5, 2015
Pros: not enough money to invest
Cons: is good because is self employ
Avon is mostly a independent job you need to have money to be able to go though Avon. is a great place to work if you want to be an independent seller all the time.
Avon
District Assistant (Current Employee), AvonApril 4, 2015
This is a great company to work for. If have any question the management was very to answer them and there are very supportive .
Good workspace
Senior Database Administrator (Current Employee), Rye, NYApril 4, 2015
It is a flexible environment, at the same get chance to work on too many projects at the same time along with day to day support.
Sales Associate
Sales Agent/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Jackson, MSApril 3, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: no health
Having to meet the following quality of work and quanity I enjoyed the daily challenge a day. I can say the company is great to learn about.
My Avon Business
Independent Avon Sales Representative PT (Current Employee), Newport News, VAApril 3, 2015
Pros: All done on my time
Cons: Commission only
Very demanding job - basically self-employment. The more time and hours that I put in promoting the Avon name, products, and purchasing of products, brochures, business cards, and samples, the more I try to get others to purchase the Avon products. I also try to get other to sign up under me to sell Avon on their own which is known as Leadership. The hardest part is getting and maintaining customers every two weeks. Commission based only - but doesn't seem like enough to support a family just a fun job for extra money purposes. I just enjoy doing it.
fun work enviroment, own boss
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Puerto RicoApril 1, 2015
Being a representative with avon helped me develop exceptional customer service skills. I worked my own hours and was my own boss. Also had the opportunity to meet new people and also recruit a few of them. The hardest part of being a avon rep was the cold calling and that sometimes there was just too many reps in the area.
Shipping (Former Employee), Zanesville, OHMarch 31, 2015
I enjoyed the atmosphere and quality people that I worked with. The company provided a very good benefits package. I would recommend this company.
Being your on boss is great!!
Sales Manager (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Going on trip, showing you that you are doing a good job
Cons: Not able to sell avon the way i would like too
AVON IS A GREAT JOB!! There is not much to say, avon sell it self.I have sold avon for many years. The people that i have work with was good co-workers, we got alone great.We work togather as sister and good friends.Back in the day management was the best, we got along great.Customer server was the only thing that was on her mind.I'm not as close with the new manager.I work a lone. thank you
Fun Place!
District Sales Manager (Former Employee), CaliforniaMarch 27, 2015
Lots of coaching and developing but most of that you get to use your creativity side and host events and Avon parties. You must posses strong selling skills! if you love a challenge this is the place for you.
The Company for Women
IT Purchasing Agent (Former Employee), Rye, NYMarch 26, 2015
One of the best companies that I have ever worked for. Avon Products has a wonderful mission and love for it's representatives.
Horarios Flexibles
Representante de Ventas (Former Employee), Caguas, PRMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Productos gratis de parte de Avon
Cons: Cobraban extra por productos que no fueron pedidos. (no piden permiso para enviartelos)
Es un trabajo un poco dificil ya que es buscando clientes diferentes cada dia para convencerlos y compren de los productos. Aprendi que hay que ser una persona consistente para este tipo de trabajo.En parte era comodo ya que el tiempo de trabajo es elegible. Lo dificil era cobrarle a los clientes ya que algunos no tienen el dinero a tiempo y tendrias que pagar de lo que has Ganado.. Lo mas que disfrutaba eran las entregas de productos a los clientes. Se siente bien verlos satisfechos

1 2 3 4 5

About Avon

Everyday, Avon brings beauty to the lives of women all over the world. At Avon, beauty means finding the right lipstick shade – Read more

Avon Salaries