Avon
1,658 reviews

Avon Employer Reviews

You get out of it what you're willing to give!
Unit Leader Plus & Lead Sales (Current Employee), Chino Valley, AzAugust 20, 2014
Pros: making $$! meeting new people! independence
Cons: lots of time!
I just celebrated my 4yr anniversary as an Avon Independent Sales Rep. You have to think of your Avon business like a plant. If you don't take care of it it will die!! You have to be willing to talk to strangers. Brush off the "No thank yous" and take GOOD care of your customers. Avon customers are some of the MOST DEDICATED people you will find! I – more... LOVE to get new customers BUT I also LOVE to hear, "I've been ordering from the same Avon lady for __yrs". I have a downline, which means I make a commission off of their sales. The idea is to help new reps build their business like you are building yours. Then it's a win win for everybody. I have signed probably 200+ people since I started in Leadership. I have a solid team of 59 reps. These people are dedicated to their "plant". They take care of their customers and we are all making money. FYI, I just took 1st place for sales in my district....YOU CAN MAKE $$$ SELLING AVON!! You have to realize, there is work involved and you have to learn to deal with peoples quirky natures.

I would be happy to answer anyone's questions! And, I'd be even happier to sign you up today to help you start your own business. Yes, I want to sign you onto my team - soooo contact me for information.

I work a full time job in addition to selling Avon so I know it's VERY doable!! – less
traveling to meet new people
District Manager (Former Employee), Crestview, FLAugust 18, 2014
Pros: i was pretty much my own boss
Cons: long hours
Leave home around 6:00 a.m. to travel to recruiting area. Conducting meetings.
I learned a great deal about time management
Supervisor was really helpful
I worked alone since I was a manager
Not getting home until sometimes 11:00 p.,m. six to seven days a week.
Meeting new people and helping them get started.
The beginning of my Makeup world
Assistant Program Planner (Former Employee), Manhattan, NYAugust 16, 2014
Avon is a great company. I was working in the corporate side along the events manager and was taught how to pick venues to have certain events at and how to do research and site inspections. Working with Avon I also learned about their products and learned to communicate and book meetings with people in hotels and restaurants for these avon events which – more... helped me build a great hospitality network. – less
Great for networking.
Independent Sales Representative (Former Employee), Edinburg, TXAugust 11, 2014
Avon has awesome products that i have supported since i was in my teens. Unfortunately I believe that to be an AVON rep you have to be willing to put all your time into it. There is really a great way to make money with AVON by recruiting more Avon reps. Avon gives you all the tools you would need to succeed if you throw yourself into the business. – more... I started selling Avon to make some extra cash for myself to catch up with some things. In the end I believe I am a better AVON customer than Independent Sales Rep. – less
Productive and nice meeting new people everyday and interacting making others happy.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAAugust 8, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
It was a job were you only worked by yourself or with one other person from your own home or environment which was very nice. A typical day was usually taking customers orders, writing up receipts and on shipping days send it off, wait for the order to come in then deliver their items safely. You were you own boss so you had to make sure that you kept – more... everything in order and accounted for so that everyone could be happy. The hardest part of the job was trying to remember all your customers sine you met new people everyday. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to meet new people everyday and making the happy, and using all the information you know to help them make good buying decisions. – less
Sadly, a lost company more concerned with internal politics than finding its way.
Lead IT Analyst (Former Employee), Rye, NYAugust 7, 2014
Avon was once a strong, proud company that focused on their customers. They truly cared for their customers, their employees and their reputation. This is no longer true. Now, when faced with difficult times, knee jerk reactions instead of thoughtful consideration has caused this once great company to lose its way and become a shell of what it once – more... was.

Too many changes in upper management brought in people who had no idea about how Avon was built and how to make their model of direct selling work in today's world. Most were more interested in reinventing the wheel rather than tweaking what did work and replace what didn't. Instead, repeated 5 year plans that did nothing to help Avon were promoted and ended up being detrimental to the future of the company. – less
It was my own evironment placce with my boss that was my mother. I met a lot of people from my neighborhood that I didn't even knew of.
Salesman (Former Employee), Bronx, NYAugust 6, 2014
Pros: break for long period
Cons: salary not satisfied
Working for AVON help me realize what I really wanted to do in work field. I really enjoy working for my own even though I was working with a family member. What enjoy the most about this job was that I had the chance to talk and meet a lot of people.
self employment
Independent Sales Representative (Former Employee), Waterford, CAAugust 5, 2014
Door to Door Sales and Marketing the product; Wrote own strategic material to trained new representatives in English and Spanish;
Prepared and Coached New Representatives on Meeting Quotas; Multi-tasked under severe stress; Worked independently and solved
problems, Participated in conferences answering open ended questions and provided solutions; always – more... maintaining a positive attitude – less
Stay at home mom
Self-Employed (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCAugust 5, 2014
As an Army Wife & a mother of 1, I got good discounts for products, but that's all it was for me.
saleing products
representative (Former Employee), Tyler, TXAugust 4, 2014
Pros: benifits
Cons: some customers not wanting to buy products
its fun at work meeting new people.i learned to be successful in retail.manager is the greatest and kind soul.co-workers also nice.the hardest part was people saying not interested in buying stuff.the most fun has to be meeting new people.
Avon is a good company.
District Sales Manager (Former Employee), Rochester, NYAugust 4, 2014
Pros: company car, great people
Avon is a good company. It just wasn't the right fit for me. The people I worked with were wonderful. The pay was average for this type of work.
I did not feel that the goals for prospecting were very reasonable.
I am a hard working, responsible and loyal employee.
AVON REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Pelham, NHAugust 4, 2014
I enjoy working independently, however, I communicate with customers on a daily basis. I answer their questions and concerns as well as taking product orders.
Terrific to work with people to people contact-also servicing.
Avon sales Represenative (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJuly 31, 2014
Pros: i was shy and this job helped me interact with people.
Cons: making sure the right product was delivered.
It was a on the job training,I created my own system.I distributed at first 60 books for customers to look over,met some customers introduced myself and sale products,offered samples.Returned in three days to see if they would like to order or if they had questions.Took orders,then returned in the second week to collect money and deliver orders.I made – more... sure they were happy with the order.Repeated this process.I learned about the person and their family-also their likes and dislikes.Management was there for me with questions on products and guidance when I needed it.I enjoyed interacting with people and servicing their needs. – less
A great company to work for
Independent Sales Representative (Former Employee), El Paso, TXJuly 30, 2014
Pros: setting your own hours, getting to throw demos and parties, large community of co-workers, special deals and discounts for reps
Cons: the local market can be oversaturated which makes it hard to find new customers, pay is unreliable and completely dependent upon the number of customers & orders you have, sometimes you put more money into the company than you get out of it
Typical days for me when I was working involved filling out my brochures and cards for when I would go customer scouting, looking up new products so that I would have relevant recommendations for customers, and checking my Representative website for new customers or orders. If I had just done a customer scout, I would follow up with phone calls.
Challenging environment and work
Area Leader, Operations (Former Employee), Zanesville, OHJuly 29, 2014
Pros: varying duties
Cons: lack of advancement opportunities
This was a challenging place to work. My co-workers were helpful and pleasant and the atmosphere was good. The management team did my expectations most of the time, and it is overall a great place. There is a struggle with employee engagement, but the management team does put the effort into correcting this.
Have to be very extroverted or know the right ones
Avon Sales Representative (Former Employee), Pryor, OKJuly 29, 2014
Pros: discounts
Cons: sketchy people
Got good discounts and good products, but the hassel of people ordering then not paying, picking up, or changed their minds and dealing with the shipping returns was annoying, but i liked when the shipment came in and did the ordering for books and samples.
Independent Sales Representative (Former Employee), Baxley, GAJuly 28, 2014
Pros: try product samples for free
To make sure my customers were satisfied. I will knock on people doors to sale any products that interest them. I will advertise Avon.
Great people
Independent Sales Representative (Former Employee), westminsterJuly 28, 2014
You were your own boss so what you sold was totally on you, I had a great client base but to me you had to sell so much product to even make enough money,. I sold it because I liked the product and the people I sold to
exciting, self-employed job
sales representative (Current Employee), Fontana, CAJuly 28, 2014
Pros: discounted products/demos
Cons: commision based pay
work on selling products from brochures. Learned how to keep customers happy and from leaving. The hardest part of the job is finding customers. The most enjoyable part is meeting new people.
Independent Self - Employment
Independent Sales Representative (Former Employee), Chicopee MAJuly 26, 2014
I was an Independent Sales Representative for AVON. Setting up my own business was awesome. Being able to set goals and accomplish them was very gratifying. I was able to reach number 88 in the nation in sales out of 560,000 ISR's. Setting my own hours and business guidelines taught my a lot. Dealing with as many customers as I had taught my patience – more... and service skills. Hardest part of the job was when the 50+ cartons of product arrived. Sorting for redistribution was time consuming and labor intensive.

I ended the business to work for benefits. Independent benefits are very expensive. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Avon

Everyday, Avon brings beauty to the lives of women all over the world. At Avon, beauty means finding the right lipstick shade – Read more