Avon

2.3K reviews

Avon Employee Reviews

Self employement
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Hesperia, CAAugust 26, 2015
Pros: great hours
Cons: not enough income
I loved Avon products and have used throughout the years so I thought this would be a great way to earn income but having only lived in this city and state a short time I found it difficult to get customers and orders for larger amounts. I liked and learned how to customize my personal website and how to share on social media sites using my personal url. I had struggles early on because I was not trained nor did I have a lot of access at first to anyone to answer questions so most of the time I was with Avon I had to research and figure out the process on my own. The good things about Avon sales was the incentives offered on sales and working from home at my own hours. I learned sales, and customer service via phone, online and in person.
DO NOT BECOME A REPRESENTATIVE!
Independent Representative (Current Employee), LincolnAugust 20, 2015
Pros: Sounds good at the start
Cons: Take all your money
I signed up to become a representative, thought it was really great. They told me I would have loads of support whenever I needed it. It was good for a few months but then I started to struggle reaching the £85 target every 3 weeks and so therefore began losing money. (to make any profit you have to spend £85, plus you have to buy all of the brochures and order forms etc). Unless you know hundreds of people its not worth the it!! When I started losing money, no one would give me the help I was promised, I was left on my own, not a clue what to do. Then they started charging me for extra stuff I didn't order, I've lost so much money from it! So I decided to cancel my account, I emailed customer services asking about how to do it and someone rang me back and said it was all sorted for me. I presumed, great, my account was closed and that was the end. But, after all of that I received a message from my area sales manager saying I hadn't put an order in, I told her the situation and she said she was the only one that could close my account. My account is still active and they are still taking my money.
DON'T JOIN!!!!
Productive and challenging environment
Senior Cognos Developer (Current Employee), Rye, NYAugust 17, 2015
Pros: Discounts on Avon Products
Cons: Short breaks
Very supportive management. Most of the work was planned which made life easy.
Nice to work in a challenging role helps in learning curve.
I liked being an avon representative.
SALES REP (Former Employee), Sycamore, ILAugust 16, 2015
I had flexible hours when I was an Avon Representitive. I had a small customer base because I did not have a car. I eventually want to try and sell avon again because I have a car. I think I can better my situation.
Productive and great to meet new people
Independent Sales Representative (Current Employee), Columbus, OHAugust 16, 2015
A typical day would be delivering Avon brochures to new and old customers. What I have learned is that you really have to have an outgoing personality. The hardest part of selling Avon would be to have my customer buy an item in every brochure. The enjoyable part of selling Avon would be meeting new people and gaining a relationship with your customers.
Avon
Chemist (Former Employee), Suffern, NyAugust 14, 2015
Pros: Great coworkers
Cons: Bad Management
For the most part Avon has the best employees. Everyone is like family. The downfall is certain management, not all. Avon has the potential of being a great company to work for.
Great company that empowers women
Manager, Avon (Current Employee), NYAugust 14, 2015
Great philanthropy and morale boosting events like the AVON 39. If you're lucky enough to have an amazing boss, there is a great chance that you will get solid projects to work on.
Fun, flexible company to work for
ADVANCED UNIT LEADER (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDAugust 12, 2015
This job offers a great opportunity to grow and advance in both sales and management. Must be a self starter and able to advance with strong organizational skills and independence. Fun with many opportunities to meet new people.
Love Avon
Independent Sales Representative (Current Employee), Windsor, CAAugust 10, 2015
Pros: Free items
Cons: Things always get backordered
It pays for my make up, and other household things, and allows me to make my own schedule. I can dedicate the time I want. I have a few loyal customers, which I like having a small amount to deal with at the moment. I order brochures and customer items, do inventory, pack them, and deliver to towns closer to healdsburg.
fun and productive
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 8, 2015
I love the interaction of new people and the current, I am an independent sales representative. I love being able to make my own hours. I love working for this company.
great company
Independent Sales Representative (Former Employee), Hammond, INAugust 7, 2015
Pros: made my own schedule
Cons: if customer didn't pay for order you were stuck with it
I meet different people on a daily basis selling the Avon products. The products were sellable and the business has been around for years
company is on the verge of collapse
District Sales Manager (Former Employee), Rye, NYAugust 6, 2015
Pros: Great Peers!
Cons: Bad Management!
best part of the job is the people in your day-to-day that you help make a difference for. worst part is the work-life balance, it doesn't exist. Too much pressure from corporate to perform to what they want, not what is practical for nature of the business. You feel beaten down after awhile, hard to maintain a positive attitude. Not the same company it was 10 years ago. Really has gone downhill.
Avon Products gives the opportunity to have a rewarding career with endless possibilities.
District Business Development/Sales Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 3, 2015
As a Business Development Manger your day is very busy, therefore excellent time management is crucial for success. The fellow co-managers are available for support of each other and meet frequently for team feedback and to share ideas of best practices.
My time with Avon
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Warner Robins, GAJuly 30, 2015
So much fun selling to customers and talking with co-workers. I somewhat learned how to and how not to approach customers when selling to them. My sales leader was amazing she was the nicest person I have ever met, I really enjoyed working with her. My co-workers were amazing as well, there was never a dull moment. The hardest part for me at first was approaching the customers and also being able to pay for the products for the customers while going to college. I had fun with this experience in selling for the first time.
Fits into a busy lifestyle.
Independent Sales Representative (Current Employee), Maumelle, ARJuly 29, 2015
I love Avon because it gives me the opportunity to meet new people. I am able to focus on my studies and duties at home and still be successful.
Customer Service and Events
Part Time Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Able to bring my small child to work
Cons: Language barrier with Sales Support, very hard to understand their English
General office work, scheduling and attending events, sales, customer service. Overall we received a lot of incentives.
Avon Representative
Sales representative (Former Employee), Marion, OHJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Getting to order the new items for half price is amazing.
Cons: I think I should be paid more.
My Typical Day is pretty much dealing with allot of Diversity outlook I interact with allot of different products and advertise allot of new items before they hit each week, The Hardest part of the Job is making sure every order is completed by the correct time everyday to make sure every customer gets their products on time by making sure every client is very pleased with the time in manor of their orders which helps the company to sale more by keeping a customer happy. The most enjoyable thing about the Job is by being able to test the products each week before the customer where I can relate to the product rather or if they would be pleased with the product.
changes make it impossible to do a quality job
District Sales Manager (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 23, 2015
Too many hours for the compensation. Company will probably be bankrupt by end of year. Co-workers as I are over worked, over stressed and constantly concerned about loosing their job.
Enjoy working with representatives, but management has no clue what their representatives face on a day to day basis.
Nice place to work ....Good people aroud to work with
Development Lead/ Analyst (Former Employee), RyeJuly 22, 2015
On a typical day at work....Review mails, daily meetings, work with team , have good time with colleagues. Good company to work for..Good management
fun supportive atmosphere
Independent Sales Consultant (Current Employee), oakville, ctJuly 21, 2015
Pros: work at home do as much or little as i can
Cons: get out of it what you put into it
excellent experience with AVON so far. I can make phone calls go door to door and hand out brochures at public places. I have learned to my expenses better.
Industry