Avon
1,911 reviews

Avon Employer Reviews

Fun place to work especially if you are a people person
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Southfield, MIJanuary 25, 2015
Open up in the mornings. Check voice mail messages. Return calls and call and schedule appointments for the week.Appointed new representatives. Run reports. Order supplies. Keep stockroom organized. Set up for monthly meetings.
The hardest part of the job was when we had to meet a certain quota with our sales and calling representatives did not go well.
The most enjoyable part was meeting and helping the new representatives.
Ensured outstanding Customer Service
CSR (Former Employee), Cleveland, OhioJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: getting people to trust and order products from me
Cons: if the customers did'nt have all their money for their products
passing out Avon books to friends church members and people on my job.
I learned how to speak to people.
Management was ok. they were fair when people order was not right.
I didn't have a co-worker. I worked alone
the hardest part of this job was if my customers products did not come back on time or not in stock anymore and I had to tell them.
Most enjoyable part of the job was when my customer products were all in and on time
Promote from within,great incentives and bonus,great benefits
District Sales Manager (Former Employee), Newark, DEJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: excelllent salary, promote from within based on performance
Cons: jobs eliminated without appropriate notice, always worked a min of 20 hours of ot
Recruited, trained, motivated and provided leadership for 350+ Avon
Independent Sales Contractors in a territory that generated $750K in sales annually.
Coordinated and facilitated monthly sales meetings
Created and implemented incentive programs, provided one-on-one coaching and conducted group training for developmental areas.
Consistently met bi-weekly sales, order and Representative count objectives while adhering to assigned budget

• Operations Supervisor
November 1998-June 1999

Managed two Coordinator teams consisting of approximately 50-65 Specialists.
Created incentive programs and developed team building activities.
Monitored on-going performance and conducted performance evaluations monthly to review progress and establish goals.

• Operations Coordinator
June 1997-November 1998

Managed a team of 15-35 Specialists. Monitored real-time and historical productivity, performance and quality
according to World Class Customer Service Standards.
Acted as Liaison between branch contacts and call center to monitor customer service for accuracy and intervene when necessary.
While in this position successfully accomplished a 98% certification team rating against a department goal of 90%.
Instrumental in developing and piloting several tracking processes such as the correspondence system and auditing the CISC region for system enhancements.
Selected as the Customer Service Representative for the Calibration Council as well as a member of the CISC Focus – more... Group.

• District Sales Manager Support Specialist
December 1995- June 1997

Handled Manager and Representative service related issues, input relevant data, refered Managers to appropriate department or individual when additional assistance is required.
Developed and sustained collaborative relationships with Managers, Representatives and co-workers.
Processed orders upon request and determined whether to store the material or forward for immediate shipment.
Transcribed credit situations and free adjustments resulting from lost, short or damaged shipments. – less
sale avon to my customer
Avon Representative (Current Employee), Rembert, SCJanuary 22, 2015
making order on the computer,dealing with the people, Im my on manger, I Like working with people. I do my best at whatever I do.
Entraprenuer/ Flexibility
Advance Unite Leader/Independent Representative (Former Employee), Cheltenham, PAJanuary 21, 2015
A typical day with this organization was prospecting for clientele. Recruiting and training prospects to become independent representatives. Most importantly selling and promoting the product(s).
I had learned so much with this organization. It taught me a lot about myself and my innate ability to promote and market myself as a business professional. I did not realize I had a creative side that was able to build, manage, and train others to become successful.
This organization provided all the tools necessary to assist in building your own business. The management team was extremely informative and caring.
I enjoyed this so much that it did not seem like work at but just fun to put forth effort and creativity and take it as far as you want. Such a delight.
Great Benefits
Customer Service/VMO and Precurement (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJanuary 20, 2015
A good Company with excellent benefits - potential growth over time if the sales environment improves. People are very Family oriented and offer a semi-flexible work schedule if needed. Always offer great training opportunities that the employee can apply to future positions within the Company or at other employment.
Not a great company to work for
District Sales Manager - Brooklyn (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: good medical benefits
Cons: company reorganization was not necessary
Sales and Sales Management Professional extensive experience in diverse industries dedicated to achieving profitability and delivering outstanding customer service. Treats each customer as a potential lifetime purchaser. Convey a professional image of honesty, compassion and concern for customers’ needs. Works well under pressure and deadlines. Highly organized team-builder with strong leadership experience

LANGUAGES: English and Spanish – read, write, and speak fluently.
Independent Sales Representative/Unit Leader (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 15, 2015
A typical day includes cold calling, door to door sales and marketing, recruiting, interviewing, and training new representatives. I have learned that you have to set goals and be dedicated and consistent daily. If you do this you can advance in title. I have a remarkable manager. She is committed to assisting all representatives achieve theirs goals. My co-workers are responsible, leaders who are committed to recruiting, training, and assisting others. The hardest part of the job is convincing others that Avon is a wonderful platform to gain hands on experience and to learn what it takes to be a new business owner. The most attractive and enjoyable feature of the job is the flexibility and the rewards along the way. I can work from anywhere: home, an off-site location, or the office.
Excellent Opportunity
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Kingsland GAJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: president club offers a fixed 40% earnings no matter your order size
Cons: avon is always changing and for some that is difficult, many changes have taken place since i started with the company in 2009
This position is for someone who is willing to work in sales. You have to establish clients and treat your business as a full-time job. Customers like personal attention and exceptional service. Avon provides lots of free online training to learn about the products and how to run the business. It takes effort and willingness to keep on going when things are slow.
Love the products and working with people
Avon Independent Representative (Former Employee), West Haven, CTJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: avon products
Cons: don't make alot of money
Like Avon products and selling to the customers
Like when people order online, and it gets
delivered right to them.
Time consuming is what is the hardest part, because
the delivery of books, then the delivery of the products,
plus collection of the money.
fun
Avon Sales Representative (Current Employee), Elizabeth, NJJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: you make your schedule
Cons: commission is small
working for avon is great because your schedule is flexible.
High Paced
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: provided teamwork
Cons: constantly on one post. little rotation
Deals with a lot of team work and repetition. Working on an assembly line.
The challenges you face could be difficult, but the relationships are very rewarding.
Sales Repr and District Manager Assistant (Former Employee), home basedJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: flexiblity work hours and building new relationships
Cons: benefits and changing the overall persona of avon products
Avon is a self based business you grow from sales of cosmetics, skin care, clothing, jewelry, colognes and various home based products for the entire family.

I enjoy versatility in a work environment and this job had it all.

Each day could include communicating by: phone, email, mailings, outside meeting or social media to: clients, new prospects, manager and the home office. My primary tasks for the district manager included: recruiting, encouraging sales growth and providing information to other representatives in our district (via phone and/or email) scheduling, recording information gathered and continuously monitoring this data. Many days required juggling all the above areas plus continually growing and maintaining my client base.

The most challenging part for me was keeping new recruits motivated and focused. I found many individuals want immediate results over a very short period of time.
I manage myself, enjoy helping others.
Independent Represenatative (Current Employee), Reedley, CAJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: extra money to spend on my son
Cons: not having certain items available after customer has waited
A typical day at work I hand our brochures, ask if any of my clients is searching for a certain item, if so, I assist them with finding the best product that works best for them and their budget.
I learned how to handle money and get things paid on time, and to not exceed the end date.
I manage myself, I control when I work and how often I need to remind the clients about the upcoming date to send in their order.
The harderst part of my job was to start off, to meet and greet people that I wasn't sure would be interested, overtime I overcame that aspect and now I have no problem gaining new clients. More clients equals a bigger business.
The most enjoyabe part of my job is when I give my clients their order on time and complete.
Working with AVON
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARJanuary 6, 2015
Working with AVON was fun and sometimes scary. I was able to meet a lot of nice people.
Independant, exciting and challenging
Sales Representative (Former Employee), New Carlisle, OHJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: working at my own pace, doing it my way!!
Cons: no set weekly pay, self-employment taxes, lack of benefits health or otherwise
A typical day in this business consisted of talking with customers, and potential customers. Taking orders, placing orders and fulfilling orders. Customer service was a big part. Keeping the customer happy always the most important.
Also a lot of book keeping to be done. Keeping records of all clients and what they typically order and when. Basically the purchasing and return habits of my customers.
I learned a lot about "People Skills" during my years as an Avon Representative. How to get on a personal level with the client, yet keeping it professional. How to recognize a potential client over someone just playing.
I already knew basic management skills with running a household and family. I drew a lot of insight into business management, through trial an error in this business. A lot of direction was afforded to me by our district manager.
This was my personal business, I did not engage others to sell for me so there was really no co-workers.
The hardest part of the business I would say was establishing new customers once I had been selling for multiple years, and my area had been canvased many times. Other than that, I would say making my deliveries during bad weather was difficult at times.
The most enjoyable part of my business was the friendships that I made through my customers that have extended through the years. And connecting with them on a regular basis.
Everyday is a fun day when you sell Avon!
Independent Avon Representative (Current Employee), Ashkum, ILJanuary 4, 2015
A typical day at work as an Avon Representative for me is a combination of contacting customers, taking orders, delivering orders, attending group meetings or conference calls. I have learned how to work independently or in group, how to coach a team and have become unit leader. I do have to say that district 5111 as a whole is a great team to work with! The hardest part of the job is deciding if I want to work from home that day or out in the field. The most enjoyable part of this job is being able to help each customer with his or her unique needs.
Sales Representative
Sales Associate (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 3, 2015
I enjoyed being self-employed with Avon and the many tasks it offers,such as customer service,taking orders from customers,distribution of products,making phone calls and follow-up with clients. Posting payments and handling returns of merchandise that was incorrect.
independent work
sales rep (Former Employee), bronx, new yorkDecember 30, 2014
Pros: a lot of free tim
Cons: salary not satisfied
Is a good place to invest if you have the all the money. I was not always available with the amount of money you need for the investment to sell the products.
Hard work pays off
Independent Sales Representative (Former Employee), Augusta, GADecember 30, 2014
You benefit from the efforts you invest in independent commission based sales

1 2 3 4 5

About Avon

Everyday, Avon brings beauty to the lives of women all over the world. At Avon, beauty means finding the right lipstick shade – Read more