Avon
2,111 reviews

Avon Employee Reviews

Rewarding and Challenging
District Sales Manager (Former Employee), Rye, NYMay 24, 2015
Pros: company car, 401k and pension and flexibilty.
Cons: Work life balance high stress!
Opportunities to work with leadership and help them be successful. Loved being in the field working one on one, introductions of new products, building an awesome district/team.
The hardest part of this job was recruiting and educating on potential earnings as some tend to believe sales will come to them.
Its only for fun
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMMay 22, 2015
Pros: Meeting people
Cons: little to no pay
I did gain an awareness of the people who lived around me and the things they are interested in. Avon is for fun as it will never pay the bills.
Vary good palce to work for
Associate manager - Global Costing Analyst (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 20, 2015
Vary stuctured workplace environment. Always avaliable to learn and implement new tool. Working environment is great and calture.
Environment conductive to the completion of work and very stress free
Regulatory Analyst Temp (Former Employee), Suffern, NYMay 18, 2015
Very comfortable work space, co-workers are very pleasant and friendly. A very enjoyable place to work, and the work environment is very conductive to get work and projects completed quickly and on time.
Be your own Boss in this company
District Assistant (Former Employee), Bronx, NYMay 16, 2015
Pros: free products
Cons: n/a
My typical day with avon

Following up with current representatives,, offer different ideas on how to make extra cash, recruiting new representatives.. buy and sell type of company.

Preparing for sales meetings, setting up small buffet for meeting, informing reps of new and upcoming products, services etc...
Sales representative
Avon Sales Representative (Current Employee), Lakewood, COMay 15, 2015
Pros: Bonus products
Cons: Won't make much unless you sell full time, which I don't.
I sell avon products during what spare time I have. I have a few regular customers who buy the products that I sell; I, myself, like the products alot so I, too, like to buy them.
Great experience
Avon Unit Leader (Current Employee), Monroe WIMay 15, 2015
Pros: Set own hours
Cons: customers not paying you for orders
Avon allows you to set your own hours and be your own boss. I love working for Avon as side job. I have minimal expenses and great gain.
Great company to work fun and very competitive.
District Manager (Current Employee), San Diego, CAMay 14, 2015
Pros: Independent working enviroment.
Cons: Few oportunities to grow in the comapny.
Working on Avon is has been a very learning experience working shoulder to shoulder with entrepreneurs and very creative people.
Consulting, Training, Coaching, development new sales managers and network managers is the most fun part.
Commission Based
Sales Consultant (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 12, 2015
Pros: Discounted Products
Cons: Poor Pay
It's not steady with pay and customers, but the hardest part of the job is putting yourself out there when most women and men prefer to shop at the store to buy clothes, perfume/cologne, and jewelry. I have learned to be patient, a great listener, and punctual. The most enjoyable part of this job is having a customer be delighted about the product they have received, and they either wear it or use it or give it as a gift.
great people, bad economy
Business Operations Manager (Former Employee), New yorkMay 9, 2015
Pros: great people
Cons: bad economy
people I worked with was great, I came to do the job, but stayed because of the great people and culture. Very relaxed, but depending on the department.
Its ok
Sales Represenative (Current Employee), El Paso, TXMay 2, 2015
Pros: get items at a discount
Cons: Not fun
Thougt it be something exciting to do but I learned it can be time consuming when people do not want to pay. Other than that it was ok, you do not earn much and if people order late you get charged for it. It can be expensive and there have been times where I had trouble returning items back or took to long to get here.
Avon a place of business that provide customer service to representatives on a daily basis
Order processor, Tour Guide (Former Employee), GAMay 2, 2015
Pros: recognitions, longer lunch breaks on certain holidays
Cons: short breaks and long hours sometimes
great company and over-timed work for those that need extra money. working for this company allows some other to promotion of their good performance. The hardest part of the job was working overtime during holidays. I enjoyed my job, because I believed in good customer service.
I was my own boss and made my own hours
Avon Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Paw Paw, MIMay 1, 2015
Pros: I was my own boss
Cons: I never knew how many sales I would make and how much money I would make
I was an Avon Sales Consultant for two years. I enjoyed being able to work a full time job and have a second job selling Avon. The hardest part of being an Avon Representative was that there were no benefits and there wasn't a regular wage amount as far as income. It was hard not knowing how much I would make or how many sales I would have. I did very well and had a lot of customers when I first became an Avon Sales Consultant and did very well. I made my own schedule and made extra money outside of my fulltime job. When the economy started going bad and a lot people were getting laid off is when I stopped being an Avon Sales Representative.
Hard But Good
Independent Sales Representative (Former Employee), High Point, NCMay 1, 2015
Pros: Training, Support
Cons: Profit can be slow
It is hard to make a living with Avon in this area because there are so many representatives. But you will not find a more affordable start-up with a more supportive staff. Each time I have left due to problems they have been problems my lack of experience in an area created. Each time I have come back, Unit Leaders have worked tirelessly with me to try and tighten up my training.

Give them a try
Avon is a Sales based company
Independent Sales Rep (Former Employee), Providence, RIApril 28, 2015
A typical day at work would start out by labeling the catalogs with my contact information. Then I would distribute them to all my clients and potential clients. After that I would take one day to contact them and see if they want to order anything from the books. After I input the orders I then wait for the order to come in and then I schedule my deliveries in order to collect payment at the same time. I learned that you should never give a client an order without payment. The hardest part of the job was the follow up on old clients that had not ordered in a while. The most enjoyable part of the job was giving clients the products they loved.
Fast paced and demanding
Area Leader of Operations (Former Employee), Zanesville, OHApril 28, 2015
My favorite job. I love the hustle and bustle trying meet deadlines and multi-tasking. Cross training was a plus. Training was great.
Avon Review
Independent Sales Representative (Former Employee), Miami, FLApril 27, 2015
Pros: choose your own time
Cons: You have to have a down line to earn more money
This company gives you the opportunity to gain experience of running your own company and it also have different inituatives to earn while you work. I enjoyed working with the people in my district and my up-line.
Love working my own schedule
Independent Sales Representative/District Sales (Former Employee), ArkansasApril 27, 2015
Pros: Car
Cons: Always On Call
Although, an AVON salaried employee, I was still able to work my own schedule. I worked from home and in the field with Representatives. My work day started when I wanted and ended when I wanted.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Hephzibah, GAApril 26, 2015
Pros: Flexibility while in school
Cons: People would buy up items then turn around and wouldn't pay.
I really liked the flexibilty of going to school while having the option of selling beauty products when I wanted to. I enjoyed it.
Sell, Sell, Sell
Independent Avon Representative (Former Employee), Pflugerville, TXApril 25, 2015
Pros: No set times
Cons: rejections
Depending on the day OK. Some good and some not so good. At first was very enthusiastic but then area manager retired and new manager was good at motivation skills and incentive to want to stay.

1 2 3 4 5

About Avon

Everyday, Avon brings beauty to the lives of women all over the world. At Avon, beauty means finding the right lipstick shade – Read more

Avon Salaries