1,601 reviews

Avon Employer Reviews

Fun, exciting and wonderful company to be a part of, I have enjoyed the last 10 years.
Independent Sales Representative (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 24, 2014
Pros: the great relationships that i have made along the way
Cons: the time spent in traffic
A typical work day is contacting customers via phone, email, stopping by their home or Facebook to let them know of specials and seeing if they need anything, updating my website, invoicing and all other day to day administrative activities of a home based business. I have learned to have patience and gained tremendous listening and communication skills – more... within my 10 years with Avon.

Avon is a company that gives back to the community 10 fold and they are huge supporters of Breast Cancer awareness research as well as the fight against domestic violence. They have been there when disasters have hit such as hurricanes, tornadoes, tsunamis, and many other world tragedies. I am proud to be a part of such a caring company.

Even though this is your own business, you are never alone. Avon offers support every step of the way and my up line management has always been helpful and extremely supportive throughout my 10 years. There are numerous opportunities to win trips and prizes. I actually had the opportunity to visit a packaging facility and was intrigued at how complex it was but amazed at the smoothness and timeliness of delivery to our doorstep.

The toughest part of the job for me is catalog distribution and product delivery days only because I am your typical Avon sales representative and I go to see my customers in person. I have quite a large business and when gas prices rise, it can be a little difficult but I wouldn't change the way I handle my business. I thoroughly enjoy all of the relationships, stories told to me and time spent with each and every customer that I have. – less
Sales
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Forest hill, MdJuly 24, 2014
You make your own hours
how to market
you are your own manager
its enjoy to be able to met new people
No Leadership
Sr. Systems Technical Manager (Current Employee), Rye, NYJuly 21, 2014
AVON is a good company run by unstable management team. People work hard without getting a thank you from managers. We enjoy improving my team's skills and see results.
A job I knew well
Independent Sale's Representative (Former Employee), Torrance, CAJuly 18, 2014
Pros: discount on make up
Cons: not to much money
I was my own boss selling products I had a passion for....cosmetics.I did it as a way to get extra money for school.The job was great and I was working under my best friend so we both came up with great sale techniques. The thing is that you don't really get that much money back so I had to get something with a little more cash flow.
Sales Manager, Sales Promotion (Former Employee), BrazilJuly 16, 2014
Pros: very exciting environment. marketing and sales projects.
Cons: travel between cities in brazil, sometimes it is almost impossible cover the amount of meetings in the same day.
It was a great experience work for Avon Cosmetic in Brazil.
Whoever has a passion for fashion and beauty industry should try work for this company. Highly recommend!
Fun meeting people but product is not easy to sell
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALJuly 16, 2014
Pros: get to meet people, learn to listen for what people want, bring in some income
Cons: not easy to sell
I enjoyed selling Avon very much but if their prices were lower and they upgraded their presentation for the younger customer, i think it would sell better. It supplied my income but the highest i can earn is 50% of what i sell, so if i sell $300 per month, I only make approximatly $100 per month. I would have to sell $1500 per month to actually earn – more... $700 per month. But i did enjoy meeting people thouroughly! – less
Great job
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Ypsilanti, MIJuly 15, 2014
Pros: attend seminars youll learn great sales secrets to run a great business
Cons: you must invest to gain best profit
great job if you like to set your own work schedule, they have very nice seminars to boost you sales also customer service skills.
Great employer
Avon Representative (Former Employee), Garden Grove, CAJuly 14, 2014
I have always loved makeup and working avon was a good way to get most experience in the cosmetic world.
Lots of levels you can work at
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 14, 2014
Pros: you can work your own hours
Cons: meetings have been moved too far away
Fun to meet and talk to people but if you are not good at being pushy and a good sales person it's not for you. On the other hand if you are good at those things you can advance and you can advance fast.
good
Sales representative (Former Employee), chicago ILJuly 11, 2014
nothing in particular .. you must have cliental to sale yourself . you also need to know to address the public when selling merchandise .
A great company with top notch training, and challenging opportunities.
Management/Independent Sales Representative (Current Employee), Jupiter, FLJuly 10, 2014
Pros: top notch training and support, and advancement.
Cons: work life balance can be difficult if dealing with children or elderly adults.
As an Independent Sales Representative you have many avenues to pursue you career path. Selling, Leadership, Internet website, beauty advisor.

The training is top notch both online and in person.
It is a company you want to be a part of in every area of development.

Advancement is there into the management levels both in the Independent contractor – more... role or if you join the Company.

A learning experience in sales, beauty, multi level marketing, fundraising, group and individual selling.

The hardest part is in the beginning when you are building you business, but becomes very encouraging with the training and assistance by your District Management an Upline Managers.

I also enjoyed working as an Administrative Assistant for my District Manager, which helped me stay involved when my parent was sick.

The most enjoyable is building relationships both with your customers, and Avon contacts. – less
Avon is something that will earn money over time, and I know that. Fun and exciting, but sometime to culminate for future rewards.
Independent Business Owner (Current Employee), Fort Mohave, AZJuly 10, 2014
Avon has amazing compensation benefits, products, and customer service, but is something to grow to make money. It is an excellent business for those of us in college, stay at home moms, and people with disabilities wanting freedom.
Was ok
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Montrose, MIJuly 9, 2014
It was ok just had trouble gaining clients not many people have the extra money to buy from Avon, they have other priorities in life than beauty supplies.
Avon
Avon Independent Sales Representative (Current Employee), Rotherham, ENGJuly 8, 2014
Pros: work from home
I do not work everyday. I choose when to work, and when to promote. I only have one dead line, and that is when i need to submit my order to AVON.
I think this is a brilliant way of making money because
I work when I want to, I manage everything myself, I have gained much experience, made many friends and built bonds and i now feel i can go bigger and – more... better. – less
This is a fun job where I get to interact with people
Independent Sales Representative (Current Employee), Watsontown, PAJuly 8, 2014
This is a fun job. I choose the hours that I want to work. There are some days that I create address stickers and business cards. I use the address stickers to prepare my brochures for my customers. Some days I visit or call customers to see what products they may need from the current brochure. Every other week the order needs to be placed for the – more... current brochure. A few days later the shipment arrives, I check in the merchandise and prepare it for delivery to my customers. It usually takes me two days to get the shipment all delivered to my customers. This is an independent business so there are no direct co-workers however, we Independent Consultants do help each other out from time to time. The hardest part of this job is checking in my shipments. The most enjoyable part of this job is talking with my customers and helping them. – less
enjoy working withpeople
Independent Sales Representative (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 8, 2014
This is where I can share what I love and mentor other reps. I can help others cultivate their businesses, I can work anywhere. Fund raise for various charities.
Great, fun learning environment
Regional Manager (Current Employee), Los Angeles, Ca.July 5, 2014
It was a great company to work for. There were some amazing people I partnered with, who have taught me allot about how to run a business.
fast paced and fun place to work .
Binfiller (Former Employee), Newark, DEJuly 3, 2014
Pros: benefits and pay scale, fun place to work.
Cons: it was hard to go into work after hearing they were closing our facility.
Avon was a very fast paced environment with plenty of people depending on me to keep them supplied with merchandise.I learned how to manage my time and use that to keep my co workers supplied and prevent the lines from stopping.management was fair and consistant in making decisions.my co workers were fun and energetic and helped maintain a steady out – more... put of performance.the hardest part of my job waswhen we had inventory and some people didnt do their part to help .the most enjoyable part was the income and benefits that helped me become independant . – less
Avon Representative (Former Employee), Murfreesboro, TNJuly 2, 2014
I enjoy selling Avon it is a good company to work for and they have great products too!
Unit Leader
Sales Representative/Unit Leader (Former Employee), West Covina, CAJuly 2, 2014
it is what you make of it. if you work hard, you'll be rewarded.

1 2 3 4 5

About Avon

Everyday, Avon brings beauty to the lives of women all over the world. At Avon, beauty means finding the right lipstick shade – Read more