Avon
2,165 reviews

Avon Employee Reviews

Unit Leader Rep
Unit Leader and Independent Sales Representative (Current Employee), Washington DCJuly 1, 2015
Pros: flexible, Work from home, potentiol for high profits
Cons: the industry is too satrated
Great Company to work for and to achieve being an Entrepreneur with. I love going out in the community and helping other women achieve their financial goals and dreams. The hardest part is that the job is commission based if you do not put your best foot forward you will not achieve the maximum amount of profit. My District Manager is Great and supportive and always has new ideas to make money and earn new recruits

So Always talk to individuals about your Avon business.
fun envronment
Independent Sales Representative (Current Employee), Albany, ORJuly 1, 2015
Pros: free items
Cons: hard to keep up with and sell
you set your own hours. people are nice and very helpful. decent comission. fun work environment from your own home. never cna be late. good personal skills
AVON TAKES CARE OF AVON ONLY
SALES REP (Former Employee), EL PASO TXJune 29, 2015
Pros: NOTHING
Cons: AVON ONLY TAKES CARE OF AVON NOT PEOPLE SELLING THEIR PRODUCT.
I had to clients pay me with check and when I deposit them. They did not have any money. My bank charged me 34.oo for each check. I ended up losing over 200.00 in merchandise plus the 103.00. Ehen I called Avon headquarters I was told it was my problem. They care about their profit and no one else.
The job was ok
Avon Representative (Former Employee), Arecibo, PRJune 27, 2015
Pros: Doing business at the comfort of your home
Cons: The difficulty of recruiting and ranking up on the job
As a representative you can work at the comfort of your own home while recruiting people and selling products along the way. Though it can be hard to find someone to recruit from time to time(depending where you try to find people), it can be rewarding when you.
too little pay too much work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Houston,TXJune 25, 2015
Pros: products
Cons: pay
they pay only a set amount of hours and below minimum wage. have to recruit, hold meetings, and customer service along with data entry for the representatives.
Avon
Area Leader of Shipping Operations (Management) (Former Employee), Zanesville, OHJune 25, 2015
Pros: cafeteria, security, multiple breaks
Cons: long hours, overtime during fourth quarter, slow employment in first quarter
Avon is an excellent company. It used to be one of the best companies around. Unfortunately with the shift to online purchasing, most people no longer use representatives to receive products. The products are good, but are not as competitive as they should be. The recent mergers have caused plants to shut down while others have grown. It may only be a matter of time until operations are only at one plant.
Customer service focused (Former Employee), Zanesville, OHJune 24, 2015
Nice place to work, but has an unclear future, business wise. Processing representatives orders. Friendly atmosphere, and great people working there.
Put orders together for representatives and other facilities
Inventory Control Clerk (Current Employee), Zanesville, OHJune 21, 2015
Check to see if any orders were placed for other facilities and if there were orders placed, process them for the warehouse to get the product. I also complete commercial documents for the international facilities orders. Schedule trucks to pick up the loads. I have learned how to complete the commercial documents for international orders. The management and co workers work together to make sure the correct products are in the representative orders and to make sure they get out in a timely fashion.
A close knit, caring culture
Senior IT Consultant (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHJune 20, 2015
I gained valuable experience assisting a range of users from computer novices to technical virtuosos. The office staff was friendly and supportive. It was a family environment with people who really cared about you.
AVON
Avon Representative (Former Employee), Saint Cloud, MNJune 20, 2015
Pros: flexable hours, very people orientated, so on.
Cons: no benefits, expensive
really great just so hard to get it started at first and costs a lot when first starting out. Really great people meeting and products just way to hard to start a business at the time. Do not do unless you have some money saved up.
Great if you have the time.
Avon Sales Representative (Former Employee), Mount Gilead, OHJune 17, 2015
Pros: Discount on products
Cons: Pay not good
Takes alot of time and money to get your business started. Not a good job to have when you work a fulltime job and have family. Make sure to live in a well populated area
District manager
District Sales Manager (Current Employee), BuffaloJune 16, 2015
I truly love what I di. I help independent representatives build and grow their business. It's very rewarding. I have great support. My district consists of 500 independent representatives. I'm one of top performers in my division.
Pretty much door to door sales
Sales Representative (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 15, 2015
Pros: Helps you get creative with your sales pitch
Cons: Sucks if you get no clients
Somewhat like a door to door salesman. Most people don't want to bother, some actually do and gets you to think of successful plans to get people interested. Manager was kind and explained things well. Really helpful to work as a team with others and got more done. Hardest part was appealing to get customers. Most enjoyable part was closing the deal with customers you get.
Easy and Fun Income.
Avon Representative (Former Employee), Hilo, HIJune 14, 2015
I was a sales representative with my mother while still in junior high, making income for myself and learning valuable skills through the Avon experience. I enjoyed getting to use my outgoing personality to introduce new customers to the brand, and getting sample beauty products. The hardest part of the job was delivering the purchases as I live in a rural area.
Fun to meet new people
Representative (Current Employee), Topeka, KSJune 12, 2015
Pros: set your own hours
It is a good way to help bring in a little extra income to help support one's family as well as a great opportunity to meet new people. Plus it is nice to be able to set one's own hours though it can be difficult to find new clients within the area that don't already have their own reps.
fun and profitiable
Sales Rep., Avon (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJune 12, 2015
Pros: Own schedule and meeting new people
Cons: not making money if you make purchases for yourself
You get to meet new people, have your own schedule and make however much money you want. It's up to you. It is an experience you don't want to pass up if you have the opportunity
Excellent products.
District Sales Manager (Former Employee), IndianaJune 10, 2015
When you manager over 1000 independent contractors the work is never done. I enjoyed my work helping people succeed and achieve goals they never thought possible. Teaching and training was very satisfying to watch people who had no goals become successful.
Left this position because Guardian Auto-glass pursued me for my knowledge of the industry and made me an offer I couldn't refuse.
Very demanding, no work life balance
District Sales Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 9, 2015
We were trained on the values of AVON-trust, respect, humility, belief--this is how we were to be and how to treat others, however AVON does not treat their employees in this way.

There was potential to make bonus money
Such a great company!
District Sales Manager at Avon (Former Employee), Eugene, ORJune 9, 2015
Pros: Salary, benefits, so many perks, travel!
Cons: Long hours but it didn't feel like work to me.
I worked for Avon almost 7 years & love it!! I would repeat my experience in a heart beat.

Great salary, company supplied car with a gas card! Traveled to so many wonderful places, always staying in extremely nice hotels with great food.

Great friendships were built, management was always available, great training!
Work from home
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 8, 2015
Pros: WORK FROM HOME
Cons: BUILDING YOUR OWN CLIENTELE
WORK FROM HOME!

Making individuals feel beautiful with several options for everyone.
You can work alone or with someone else (I partnered with my mom)

1 2 3 4 5

About Avon

Everyday, Avon brings beauty to the lives of women all over the world. At Avon, beauty means finding the right lipstick shade – Read more

Avon Salaries