Avon
1,626 reviews

Avon Employer Reviews

Terrific to work with people to people contact-also servicing.
Avon sales Represenative (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJuly 31, 2014
Pros: i was shy and this job helped me interact with people.
Cons: making sure the right product was delivered.
It was a on the job training,I created my own system.I distributed at first 60 books for customers to look over,met some customers introduced myself and sale products,offered samples.Returned in three days to see if they would like to order or if they had questions.Took orders,then returned in the second week to collect money and deliver orders.I made – more... sure they were happy with the order.Repeated this process.I learned about the person and their family-also their likes and dislikes.Management was there for me with questions on products and guidance when I needed it.I enjoyed interacting with people and servicing their needs. – less
A great company to work for
Independent Sales Representative (Former Employee), El Paso, TXJuly 30, 2014
Pros: setting your own hours, getting to throw demos and parties, large community of co-workers, special deals and discounts for reps
Cons: the local market can be oversaturated which makes it hard to find new customers, pay is unreliable and completely dependent upon the number of customers & orders you have, sometimes you put more money into the company than you get out of it
Typical days for me when I was working involved filling out my brochures and cards for when I would go customer scouting, looking up new products so that I would have relevant recommendations for customers, and checking my Representative website for new customers or orders. If I had just done a customer scout, I would follow up with phone calls.
Challenging environment and work
Area Leader, Operations (Former Employee), Zanesville, OHJuly 29, 2014
Pros: varying duties
Cons: lack of advancement opportunities
This was a challenging place to work. My co-workers were helpful and pleasant and the atmosphere was good. The management team did my expectations most of the time, and it is overall a great place. There is a struggle with employee engagement, but the management team does put the effort into correcting this.
Have to be very extroverted or know the right ones
Avon Sales Representative (Former Employee), Pryor, OKJuly 29, 2014
Pros: discounts
Cons: sketchy people
Got good discounts and good products, but the hassel of people ordering then not paying, picking up, or changed their minds and dealing with the shipping returns was annoying, but i liked when the shipment came in and did the ordering for books and samples.
Independent Sales Representative (Former Employee), Baxley, GAJuly 28, 2014
Pros: try product samples for free
To make sure my customers were satisfied. I will knock on people doors to sale any products that interest them. I will advertise Avon.
Great people
Independent Sales Representative (Former Employee), westminsterJuly 28, 2014
You were your own boss so what you sold was totally on you, I had a great client base but to me you had to sell so much product to even make enough money,. I sold it because I liked the product and the people I sold to
exciting, self-employed job
sales representative (Current Employee), Fontana, CAJuly 28, 2014
Pros: discounted products/demos
Cons: commision based pay
work on selling products from brochures. Learned how to keep customers happy and from leaving. The hardest part of the job is finding customers. The most enjoyable part is meeting new people.
Independent Self - Employment
Independent Sales Representative (Former Employee), Chicopee MAJuly 26, 2014
I was an Independent Sales Representative for AVON. Setting up my own business was awesome. Being able to set goals and accomplish them was very gratifying. I was able to reach number 88 in the nation in sales out of 560,000 ISR's. Setting my own hours and business guidelines taught my a lot. Dealing with as many customers as I had taught my patience – more... and service skills. Hardest part of the job was when the 50+ cartons of product arrived. Sorting for redistribution was time consuming and labor intensive.

I ended the business to work for benefits. Independent benefits are very expensive. – less
productive
Avon Independent Sales Representative (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 26, 2014
loved it just didn't like going out in the heat everyday. pay was great and some people was out standing.
Sales Representative
Avon Sales Representative (Former Employee), Amsterdam, NYJuly 25, 2014
My Own time
Drving around going Door to Door for Sales, Advertisements
The hardest part of the job
Avon Representative (Current Employee), College Park, GAJuly 25, 2014
Pros: i get to interact and meet great people
Cons: not enough pay
I enjoy Avon but a lot of people are not buying as much due to economical issues.
Well rewarded
Global Director, Product and Consumer Research (Former Employee), Suffern, NYJuly 25, 2014
A good place to work if you can handle tobacco. They have strong people and really know how to manage the business.
Fun, exciting and wonderful company to be a part of, I have enjoyed the last 10 years.
Independent Sales Representative (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 24, 2014
Pros: the great relationships that i have made along the way
Cons: the time spent in traffic
A typical work day is contacting customers via phone, email, stopping by their home or Facebook to let them know of specials and seeing if they need anything, updating my website, invoicing and all other day to day administrative activities of a home based business. I have learned to have patience and gained tremendous listening and communication skills – more... within my 10 years with Avon.

Avon is a company that gives back to the community 10 fold and they are huge supporters of Breast Cancer awareness research as well as the fight against domestic violence. They have been there when disasters have hit such as hurricanes, tornadoes, tsunamis, and many other world tragedies. I am proud to be a part of such a caring company.

Even though this is your own business, you are never alone. Avon offers support every step of the way and my up line management has always been helpful and extremely supportive throughout my 10 years. There are numerous opportunities to win trips and prizes. I actually had the opportunity to visit a packaging facility and was intrigued at how complex it was but amazed at the smoothness and timeliness of delivery to our doorstep.

The toughest part of the job for me is catalog distribution and product delivery days only because I am your typical Avon sales representative and I go to see my customers in person. I have quite a large business and when gas prices rise, it can be a little difficult but I wouldn't change the way I handle my business. I thoroughly enjoy all of the relationships, stories told to me and time spent with each and every customer that I have. – less
Sales
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Forest hill, MdJuly 24, 2014
You make your own hours
how to market
you are your own manager
its enjoy to be able to met new people
No Leadership
Sr. Systems Technical Manager (Current Employee), Rye, NYJuly 21, 2014
AVON is a good company run by unstable management team. People work hard without getting a thank you from managers. We enjoy improving my team's skills and see results.
I really liked this job
Independent Representative (Former Employee), Hancock,Md 21750July 20, 2014
Pros: fun
Cons: not much money
It was fun meeting new people and making people feel good about themselves. It was also nice to be able to help people shop from home due to being unable to shop in the traditional manner.
A job I knew well
Independent Sale's Representative (Former Employee), Torrance, CAJuly 18, 2014
Pros: discount on make up
Cons: not to much money
I was my own boss selling products I had a passion for....cosmetics.I did it as a way to get extra money for school.The job was great and I was working under my best friend so we both came up with great sale techniques. The thing is that you don't really get that much money back so I had to get something with a little more cash flow.
High Turnover
New Business Development, Global Finance Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 17, 2014
Pros: good title and compensation
Cons: no work life balance, no advancement, high employee turnover
This company is going downhill. They can't keep anyone over a year or two maximum. I was here about 3 years and pretty much I worked with different people every year because of the employee turnover. Most people leave here. There is no room for advancement. Marketing has to deal with a poor business model that continues to sink this company. The sales – more... are bad, leadership is poor, CEO was recently voted out. Stay away unless you are desperate. – less
Sales Manager, Sales Promotion (Former Employee), BrazilJuly 16, 2014
Pros: very exciting environment. marketing and sales projects.
Cons: travel between cities in brazil, sometimes it is almost impossible cover the amount of meetings in the same day.
It was a great experience work for Avon Cosmetic in Brazil.
Whoever has a passion for fashion and beauty industry should try work for this company. Highly recommend!
Fun meeting people but product is not easy to sell
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALJuly 16, 2014
Pros: get to meet people, learn to listen for what people want, bring in some income
Cons: not easy to sell
I enjoyed selling Avon very much but if their prices were lower and they upgraded their presentation for the younger customer, i think it would sell better. It supplied my income but the highest i can earn is 50% of what i sell, so if i sell $300 per month, I only make approximatly $100 per month. I would have to sell $1500 per month to actually earn – more... $700 per month. But i did enjoy meeting people thouroughly! – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Avon

Everyday, Avon brings beauty to the lives of women all over the world. At Avon, beauty means finding the right lipstick shade – Read more