Avon Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,051 reviews matching the search
Typical sales representative.
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 21, 2016
Sell avon to my teachers and friendds. Had to add up their total including tax , input thier orders online and deliver. Unfortunatley my sales representative wasn't working out for me, she was hard to reach and never helped out when needed,which made me quit.
Great representative
Independent Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Nashville, ARMay 20, 2016
I love being a sales representative. I meet new people all the time that needed a Avon sales people that is kind and try very hard to please them. Always have to have a smile on your face because who wants to buy products from a angry person.
Pros
Love talking about their products and i use the products myself
Cons
no cons
Fun, great group of people
Unified Partner (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTMay 19, 2016
Working with adults to become more independent and making healthy choices. I've learned to work in a team and encourage adults with special needs to do the same. Its hard to help and give each athlete individual attention, but we work as a team and get it done.
Pros
Fun group to work with
Cons
hard to give individual attention
Sales Representative
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  KentuckyMay 16, 2016
I enjoyed setting my own schedule and meeting different people to help them feel better about themselves. I was well trained by the company and loved my time there.
incredible job
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMay 5, 2016
interact with customers, tell them about the product and provide them with the best knowledge about the product,in this company i learned how to earn money,manage and distribute and go out there and talk to customers on how much they like the product and what was the problems with the product.
Pros
flexible time, great products, earn money, stress free
Cons
sometimes things go missing, product in bad condition
Overall good company
Sales Represenative (Current Employee) –  Lima, OHMay 2, 2016
I loved working for Avon, but honestly not too many people are interested in Avon as they use to be. Products are Amazing and good quality. I would only recommend working for Avon if you're looking to make a little extra money not a huge amount of money.
Pros
Good Products
Cons
Not many benefits
AVON sucked
E Representative (Former Employee) –  Escondido CAApril 29, 2016
I'm glad i don't work for avon anymore. the earnings were low, the customer number was low and I wasnt happy. I had to quit because I wasnt happy with my earnings and low customer number.
Exciting and fun to manage your own business.
Independent Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 29, 2016
Make Avon your own. Building personal business relationships and filling the needs of your clients is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Make your own hours
Cons
Make your own deliveries.
Stress free environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 27, 2016
Handle customer requests and inquiries of products. Handle all matters regarding any back orders of products customers order. The hardest part of the job was finding the right clientele. the most enjoyable part of the job was the freedom to work when I wanted to.
Pros
Discounts on products
Cons
No health coverage
Good for motivated self starter
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Tidewater, VAApril 25, 2016
Avon is a good place to work if you are a self starter and enjoyed setting your own schedule. However, it is a position that requires you to work nights, weekends and holidays. They have a good benefit package and you work with peers that are driven sales leaders. The product line is one of the best in the industry.
Pros
Good benifit package, meet exciting product line
Cons
Long hours, hard to shutdown the business
It was a great learning experience
Self Employed Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Atwater, CAApril 22, 2016
I ran my entire Avon company, and it was an extremely great learning experience. I loved working with public, doing events, and setting up parties.
job review
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New Castle, DEApril 22, 2016
Avon was a wonderful company to work for. I would have retired from the company but all the jobs in the area were relocated to Ohio.
Nice hard working job
Benfiller/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 22, 2016
If you want to become your own boss one day this is the place to start. The pay is great the people that are surround around you push you to do better. You sale things that you can also use. Good Luck!
Fun
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDApril 21, 2016
This is a good job to work if you are looking to advance in your entrepreneur skills and you like working for your self and with customers. This is commission based and does require you to go and get sales.
Pros
Working for yourself, meeting other sales consultations, awards, recruiting new people
Cons
This is not a stable payed position, you have to give a certain percentage of your sales to Avon.
Flexible hours and comfortable work environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Rye, NYApril 18, 2016
This was a great company to work for. Empowered women and great products. Opportunity to also earn additional income by selling the Avon brand. Also gained continuous product knowledge.
Pros
Great products. Location was very convenient to home
Cons
This location was closing in the future
Hard Work for little Compensation
Independent Avon Sales Representative PT (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAApril 13, 2016
Avon to me is a type of job that is for fun. This is a hard job as well. You have to spend a lot of money for the brochures every two weeks in hopes that someone will put in an order since you have to put in a minimum of $50 every 2 weeks in hopes to try to make a little commission every so often. In order to make this a job that pays your bills and you can live off of it full-time and support your family you have to spend a lot, throw parties, recruit others to sign up and sell.
Pros
Discounts on merchandise
Cons
Spend more than you earn
Great Company
Independent Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Greenville, OHApril 13, 2016
I enjoyed working here. Its a great company but takes a lot to get your name out there to sell. If you do not get customers then you do not get paid so make sure you meet customers.
fun work place
AS/400 Admin/Analyst (Current Employee) –  Rye, NYApril 8, 2016
Fun working with other countries within the company. Building an relationship. and travel to every part of the world. learned type of system and working with management around the world.
Changing Environment
Division Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 6, 2016
The history of this company 130 years in business in 100+ countries is what attracted me to the opportunity. The last 10 years the North America Business has been downsizing and had a revolving door at the top.
Pros
Historically a leader in the industry
Cons
Struggling to reinvent business processes and regain market share
Small Orders Associate (Former Employee) –  Adamsville, OHApril 5, 2016
The work was easy, the pay was good, but the hours were long and tough, but the managers treated their staff well. and i learned how to fill and pack up boxes in a quick fashion.