Avon
2,017 reviews

Avon Employer Reviews

Being your on boss is great!!
Sales Manager (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Going on trip, showing you that you are doing a good job
Cons: Not able to sell avon the way i would like too
AVON IS A GREAT JOB!! There is not much to say, avon sell it self.I have sold avon for many years. The people that i have work with was good co-workers, we got alone great.We work togather as sister and good friends.Back in the day management was the best, we got along great.Customer server was the only thing that was on her mind.I'm not as close with the new manager.I work a lone. thank you
Fun Place!
District Sales Manager (Former Employee), CaliforniaMarch 27, 2015
Lots of coaching and developing but most of that you get to use your creativity side and host events and Avon parties. You must posses strong selling skills! if you love a challenge this is the place for you.
The Company for Women
IT Purchasing Agent (Former Employee), Rye, NYMarch 26, 2015
One of the best companies that I have ever worked for. Avon Products has a wonderful mission and love for it's representatives.
Horarios Flexibles
Representante de Ventas (Former Employee), Caguas, PRMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Productos gratis de parte de Avon
Cons: Cobraban extra por productos que no fueron pedidos. (no piden permiso para enviartelos)
Es un trabajo un poco dificil ya que es buscando clientes diferentes cada dia para convencerlos y compren de los productos. Aprendi que hay que ser una persona consistente para este tipo de trabajo.En parte era comodo ya que el tiempo de trabajo es elegible. Lo dificil era cobrarle a los clientes ya que algunos no tienen el dinero a tiempo y tendrias que pagar de lo que has Ganado.. Lo mas que disfrutaba eran las entregas de productos a los clientes. Se siente bien verlos satisfechos
Temporary Position
Event Coordinator (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHMarch 24, 2015
Hired through a temp agency. decent pay, easy job ( copy and paste from excel to powerpoint), casual dress, let go two weeks before scheduled lay off.
Avon Representative
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Batesburg, SCMarch 23, 2015
I think that working in Avon was very fun and challenging. You get to meet different people, and build relationships with them. You have a lot of flexibility, you can come up with different ways to sell your products. You handled customer concerns and returns.
Great Company with Great Benefits
District Sales Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 21, 2015
Avon is great company with wonderful core values and great benefits. They have a very good management model and upper management is well involved in all aspects of the business.
Helps women become independent
Sales Representative (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 20, 2015
Pros: homebased business
Cons: takes time to build up a strong clientele.
Love the products that I sell. Takes time to build up clients. It's great to work for yourself. It's a great part time job for anyone that loves Avon and wants to make extra money.
A day of a Sales Leader
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOMarch 19, 2015
Pros: discount on products, freedom to set hours, unlimited earnings
Cons: limited mobility, meeting demands of others, staying financially a float
A typical day started with me getting prepare for it. I organize my tools and prepared what I was going to say to my customers. I learned to really see people and not to be afraid to talk to them and share opportunities with them regarding my business. Working on a team help me to learn from others, sharpen my skills, and to share my experiences. The difficult part of my job was to deliver product's to customers. The most enjoyable was for me to do a good job and have customer remember me later!
Good Products
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Pearl, MSMarch 18, 2015
Good products but to many people under saling others with the same items. When the under saling was brought to upper people of the company they just blow it off. As if they did not care about it
It was a really fun place to work
Avon Representative (Current Employee), El Mirage, AZMarch 15, 2015
The hardest part of the job was trying to find costumers that wanted anything with avon. A lot of people did not want to get involved due to constant emails and the constant bugging of the representative.
Independently
Avon Independent Sales Representative (Former Employee), Antioch, CAMarch 15, 2015
Pros: free samples
Going Out And Finding Clients, Placing Orders For Them, Handling Money, Paying For Orders, Baging Orders, Delivering Orders. I Only Got To Meet Co-workers During Seminars And They Where All Fun, Out-Going, Cheerful. Baging Orders Was The Most Fun.
Challenging Place to Work
Finance Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 11, 2015
This is a challenging place to work and advance. The organization is not good at developing talent from within. Recently new management replaced most of the direct selling talent with talent from retail and its not clear whether management is aligned on what to do next to save the company.
great company to work for
Avon Representative, Agent (Current Employee), boston, maMarch 8, 2015
great company to work for. looking forward to learning more. so far, I love being a rep for avon.

so far, i've learned to manage my time and customers.

I usually take orders throughout the week and place my orders on tuesday, by noon time.

Great company for those looking to start their own business.

Love the product and love my customers.
High Energy Environment
Freelance Video Editor/Assistant Photographer (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 6, 2015
Pros: environment
Cons: no down time
The building was beyond stunning and the people were very friendly. The break kitchen was open and had a nice selection of coffee or tea, whatever you needed as a pick me up to get through the day. I learned an immense amount of information from the Creative Director I worked under. He was both professional and inspiring to work for, every morning we would talk for a few minutes before getting to the daily tasks. The most approachable boss I have ever worked for in my entire life. My co-workers were all very sharp as well as intuitive. Days there went very quick and although the environment was fast paced, it was nothing less than extremely enjoyable every day.
District Sales Manager
District Sales Manager (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMarch 5, 2015
Pros: company car, hours, flexibility
Cons: no advancement opportunity, unrealistic business plan, kpi's are changing year to year
The company changes direction every few months. Management changes so quickly it is hard to stay consistent with constant change of job description. Ultimately you are a recruiter and treated like a low line employee. There is no advancement opportunities, management have never held your position and little to no training.

The best part is how the job is different from day to day and thriving to exceed your KPI's on your own. Every boss can have a different attitude of how you should be doing your job so it can change from person to person.
Sales
Sales representative (Former Employee), S Burlington, VTMarch 5, 2015
Pros: learning how to manage your own company
Cons: take as much time as you want, work at your own pace.
Being a sales representative for Avon was challenging, Their was many times when i could not make any sales that that would be stressful if that is what your main goal is.
Fun place and Amazing people
Sales Executive (Current Employee), Beckley, WVMarch 4, 2015
Pros: work on your own time
This is very relaxed company. A normal day just consist of going out and selling AVON and contacting your customers. You do not have a hectic scheduled so you can work whenever its convenient for you. Normally you get anywhere from 20%-50% of your clients money back so you can spend it on your orders or for personal use. Management and co-workers are so nice and are willing to help you with any questions you may have.
Grateful to Avon
Transportation Clerk (Former Employee), Zanesville, OHMarch 4, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: always chanaging on a daily basis
Avon is a great place to work, if you like change. They are always making changes. Which I do not mind, the place is never boring.
My co workers are like family. My hours are ok, a little early in the am. But I have got use to it. I work on my own, not much supervision. Love the benefits I receive here. Avon is struggling financially, sales have deceased greatly over the past 4 yrs or so.
Avon Beauty Products
Avon Sales Representative (Former Employee), Revere, MAMarch 3, 2015
Advertised and sold many beauty products in the city of Revere MA, Worked for personal profit. Bought beauty products from Avon and sold to various customers for person profit

1 2 3 4 5

About Avon

Everyday, Avon brings beauty to the lives of women all over the world. At Avon, beauty means finding the right lipstick shade – Read more

Avon Salaries