2,213 reviews

Avon Employee Reviews

Avon Representative
Sales representative (Former Employee), Marion, OHJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Getting to order the new items for half price is amazing.
Cons: I think I should be paid more.
My Typical Day is pretty much dealing with allot of Diversity outlook I interact with allot of different products and advertise allot of new items before they hit each week, The Hardest part of the Job is making sure every order is completed by the correct time everyday to make sure every customer gets their products on time by making sure every client is very pleased with the time in manor of their orders which helps the company to sale more by keeping a customer happy. The most enjoyable thing about the Job is by being able to test the products each week before the customer where I can relate to the product rather or if they would be pleased with the product.
changes make it impossible to do a quality job
District Sales Manager (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 23, 2015
Too many hours for the compensation. Company will probably be bankrupt by end of year. Co-workers as I are over worked, over stressed and constantly concerned about loosing their job.
Enjoy working with representatives, but management has no clue what their representatives face on a day to day basis.
Nice place to work ....Good people aroud to work with
Development Lead/ Analyst (Former Employee), RyeJuly 22, 2015
On a typical day at work....Review mails, daily meetings, work with team , have good time with colleagues. Good company to work for..Good management
fun supportive atmosphere
Independent Sales Consultant (Current Employee), oakville, ctJuly 21, 2015
Pros: work at home do as much or little as i can
Cons: get out of it what you put into it
excellent experience with AVON so far. I can make phone calls go door to door and hand out brochures at public places. I have learned to my expenses better.
Fun and productive workplace
Manager, Global Creative Services (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 20, 2015
Great people, growth advancement and a great work life balance. Global company with great innovations. Would recommend working here if you want great Global experience.
Great company to Develop Leadership Skills
Avon Independent Sales Representative (Current Employee), Ventura, CAJuly 20, 2015
Love working for Avon. I get to make my own hours and work as hard or as little as I want to.
The most enjoyable part of my job is working with my customers and recommending great products for them. Furthermore, it allows using creativity to increase sales and the opportunity to grow as a leader to train and develop others. The most important thing I have learned here is to step out of my comfort zone and to move on, when a customer says "no".
i love working there but,,,
sales associate (Former Employee), middlesboro,KyJuly 8, 2015
i loved working for Avon but i didn't make enough for the amount of work i put into the job. But it gave me awesome people skills .I'm a people person anyways but it helped me learn how to deal with an unhappy customer.
They treated their CS reps bad
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Springdale, OHJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Co-workers
Cons: Impossible to get a raise and the managers were horrible
We were on the front lines with the sales reps yet the company treated us like badly. We tried to get corporate to see what needed to be done to keep reps and to keep them happy but they never listened. I loved my co-workers and they honestly were the main reason that I stayed so long. I was laid off do to lack of work, a.k.a lack of reps. That company needs a new CEO who knows what she is doing.
A fun job. Great product. Made new friends
Individual AVON Sales Representative (Former Employee), Denver metro areaJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Making my own scedule
Cons: None
A typical day was showing the product. Showing the catalog and talking about product Setting up appointment's. Taking orders then submitting orders. Than getting product to clients. My co workers were great. Management was great. The hardest part of the job was when orders weren't sent on time. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people.
productive place
Sales Representative (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 3, 2015
Pros: free products
Cons: no insurance
great atmosphere. work on your own time make my customers happy at all times. always did in home product demostrations.my co workers are great and helpful
Avon
Independent Sales Representative (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COJuly 2, 2015
I love being my own boss, and meeting different people that come to the flea market every weekend. Always different people come from all over.
nice place to work
binfiller (Former Employee), pasadenaJuly 1, 2015
i to work but never home with family had to work 7 days 17 hours a day the work was good but after years of doing it it gets to you i would love to go back
Unit Leader Rep
Unit Leader and Independent Sales Representative (Current Employee), Washington DCJuly 1, 2015
Pros: flexible, Work from home, potentiol for high profits
Cons: the industry is too satrated
Great Company to work for and to achieve being an Entrepreneur with. I love going out in the community and helping other women achieve their financial goals and dreams. The hardest part is that the job is commission based if you do not put your best foot forward you will not achieve the maximum amount of profit. My District Manager is Great and supportive and always has new ideas to make money and earn new recruits

So Always talk to individuals about your Avon business.
fun envronment
Independent Sales Representative (Current Employee), Albany, ORJuly 1, 2015
Pros: free items
Cons: hard to keep up with and sell
you set your own hours. people are nice and very helpful. decent comission. fun work environment from your own home. never cna be late. good personal skills
AVON TAKES CARE OF AVON ONLY
SALES REP (Former Employee), EL PASO TXJune 29, 2015
Pros: NOTHING
Cons: AVON ONLY TAKES CARE OF AVON NOT PEOPLE SELLING THEIR PRODUCT.
I had to clients pay me with check and when I deposit them. They did not have any money. My bank charged me 34.oo for each check. I ended up losing over 200.00 in merchandise plus the 103.00. Ehen I called Avon headquarters I was told it was my problem. They care about their profit and no one else.
The job was ok
Avon Representative (Former Employee), Arecibo, PRJune 27, 2015
Pros: Doing business at the comfort of your home
Cons: The difficulty of recruiting and ranking up on the job
As a representative you can work at the comfort of your own home while recruiting people and selling products along the way. Though it can be hard to find someone to recruit from time to time(depending where you try to find people), it can be rewarding when you.
too little pay too much work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Houston,TXJune 25, 2015
Pros: products
Cons: pay
they pay only a set amount of hours and below minimum wage. have to recruit, hold meetings, and customer service along with data entry for the representatives.
Avon
Area Leader of Shipping Operations (Management) (Former Employee), Zanesville, OHJune 25, 2015
Pros: cafeteria, security, multiple breaks
Cons: long hours, overtime during fourth quarter, slow employment in first quarter
Avon is an excellent company. It used to be one of the best companies around. Unfortunately with the shift to online purchasing, most people no longer use representatives to receive products. The products are good, but are not as competitive as they should be. The recent mergers have caused plants to shut down while others have grown. It may only be a matter of time until operations are only at one plant.
Customer service focused (Former Employee), Zanesville, OHJune 24, 2015
Nice place to work, but has an unclear future, business wise. Processing representatives orders. Friendly atmosphere, and great people working there.
Put orders together for representatives and other facilities
Inventory Control Clerk (Current Employee), Zanesville, OHJune 21, 2015
Check to see if any orders were placed for other facilities and if there were orders placed, process them for the warehouse to get the product. I also complete commercial documents for the international facilities orders. Schedule trucks to pick up the loads. I have learned how to complete the commercial documents for international orders. The management and co workers work together to make sure the correct products are in the representative orders and to make sure they get out in a timely fashion.

1 2 3 4 5

About Avon

Everyday, Avon brings beauty to the lives of women all over the world. At Avon, beauty means finding the right lipstick shade – Read more

Avon Salaries