Avon Employee Reviews

Sales in a hard knock life
2014-2017 Avon representative (Former Employee) –  Oak Harbor, WAFebruary 16, 2018
I thought i had something good going on til i realized that I moved to the wrong town wrong place where no one wanted Avon. I kept at it made private sales. My Rep manager was sweet and always there to help. I may begin again, I never gave up on Avon. still my favorite brands of makeup and more.
Pros
Products of plenty
Cons
barely broke even more broke then anything
Good Place to Work but little opportunity
Manager (Former Employee) –  Rye, NYFebruary 14, 2018
Avon has been a good place to work with competitive salaries and good work-life balance. However, since moving the headquarters to the UK, many of the roles in NY have moved overseas.
Pros
competitive salary, good work-life balance
Cons
HQ moved to UK
fun place
Line Change Clerk (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEFebruary 13, 2018
Newark, de Avon left Delaware in august of 2009 ending a long time relationship with the Newark area I was hoping to retire from Avon but unfortunately it wasn't in the cards
Pros
enjoyable enviroment
Cons
long hours at holidays
A great place to work
IT Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Rye, NYFebruary 12, 2018
Avon provided good pay, work-life balance and career advancement. A mature workplace with procedures and policies in place. Great at providing formal and informal trainings
What I Learned
DISTRICT SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIFebruary 11, 2018
A great first management job which teaches an individual how to manage, train and motive independent contractors. Also, the employee discounts and incentive trips were awesome!
You are your boss
Independent Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Work at HomeFebruary 7, 2018
Avon is a great company to work for if you like to sell the items and like to recruit people to a company. You can make up to 40% earnings.

Avon has benefits for its representatives that include life and health insurance and grants for college. You have a mentor you sign up with and who will be there for you as long as you are a representative.There are multiple ways to grow and learn with regular meetings and training that are optional.
Pros
unlimited earning possibilities, work from home, make your schedule, benefits
Avon
Unit Leader (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 7, 2018
Hardest part was obtaining new clients and keeping representatives underneath you in this market right now. People are cutting back to save money on rising health cost.
Pros
Set your own schedule
Cons
Hard to keep clients
AVON is a nice place to work
Research Scientist (Former Employee) –  Suffern, NYFebruary 6, 2018
Worked at the corporate R&D HQ in Suffern NY. It was a great opportunity, the employees are super nice and there are alot of ways to advance your career. There is a lot of changes now in the company as they aren't performing very well, but other than that it was a great experience.
Well-rounded opportunities!
Voice & Email Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Springdale, OHFebruary 6, 2018
I've been working at Avon for almost 13 years. The staff is wonderful and they've always got your best professional interests in mind. Great benefits, as well. The changes in management styles, after the US buyout, have been different. However, they always welcome input and questions.
Pros
Many positions and great pay
Cons
They no longer offer the "Virtual Agent" program to Specialists
I liked it
Independent Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMFebruary 4, 2018
I was allowed to work when I wanted to. I was happy with the position and I did not want to leave but I need to get a job where i get a paycheck because many places will not let you rent with self employment income
My Full Time Profession
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 2, 2018
My current employment has taught me to be open to learning - My current position as a Supervisor is a position that there is no path to follow. So developing processes and streamlining them are a skill I have well facilitated while employed. Also developing training material and administering it to 12 agency's and over 50 staff within those agency's has also been an unique skill I have inquired.
Pros
Being open to changes is a pro
Cons
Not having the option of finding another organication with same talents
Enjoyed it
Sales (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCFebruary 1, 2018
I enjoyed working for Avon because I enjoyed working for myself and meeting all different people from all types of walk of life I would come back to work for them anytime.
Pros
Discount on supplies and you make your own schedue
Cons
No Healthcare
Independent, self-employment
Independent Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAJanuary 31, 2018
Good work recommendation to have if you are accomplished in a career in sales and management, to work for customers, and keep up with their account needs and services.
Pros
Independent
Cons
Management not available
Great experience
Art Production Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 29, 2018
Made lasting relationships from my time at Avon. Worked within Global Creative and under Marketing learned new processes for print, digital, and post-production. Great career building exposure and collaborative experience.
travel
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  ccolumbus ga, americus ga, tifton gaJanuary 29, 2018
I had a large territory with lots of travel and decided to go back to WLTZ. The work env over invironment however was great. Learned to manage over 125 representatives. The best pat of the job was when I was not traveling I worked from home.
Pros
Great conferences, incentives, management
Cons
travel
muti task
Sales Representative/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJanuary 28, 2018
my day will start out by going door to door with selling the avon products or going into stores leaving a book for customers to view the products and purchase
excellent
Independent Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsJanuary 28, 2018
You are pretty much your own boss you make your own hours the more time you put in the more you get out of working for avon products are always changing.
Great Company/dying industry
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  PA and OH marketsJanuary 28, 2018
Training was off the charts and the leadership and incentives to be a top producer were great but the job was very demanding. You are your own admin staff and have a minimal budget to gain support. 90% of the job was recruiting so you never really felt like you were "off" and the pressure for the numbers game literally defines the trademark industry "fatal error" of quantity over quality.
Avon
Utility Packer (Former Employee) –  Morton Grove, ILJanuary 26, 2018
working at Avon was competitive and fast I learned how to run every machine in my department. We had a good management team that was there for the employees
benefits
Cons
shift realignment
It is a good job to have
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 26, 2018
It is good job to have. You use a network of people to contact to see if they will buy from you. You get a employee discount for every purchase you make. As well as when your client buys from the company.
Pros
you make your own hours
Cons
no healthcare

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avon. Our community is ready to answer.

51.8K