Avon Employee Reviews

Found 1,298 reviews matching the search
very fun company to work for
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 24, 2017
I really enjoyed being my own boss with Avon. There is no limit on the revenue you can generate with this company. i will surely work as a sales rep for them in the future.
Work at your own pace
Avon Independent Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  UtahApril 23, 2017
It is great to get sales experience and to meet new people. You are up to date on products and you gain a lot of experience with Customer Service Skills.
Pros
New Products
Challenging
DISTRICT SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 21, 2017
Constant changes make it hard to implement and cope. Representatives are getting confuse with the changes and the things that they need to implement in their own individual business.
It was a very pleasant experience working there
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYApril 21, 2017
Working for avon was a pretty fun experience I love working with the employees and the management was awesome threre . Also it was always fun to hearabout the new products that came out of avon I'd even buy myself their products are really good
Avon. Fun Job for extra inome
Independent Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAApril 20, 2017
Selling Avon is a fun job to earn extra income. They do give you discounts, first to buy new items that are coming out at a discount, but you tend to spend more than you earn with them because there deals are so good.
i love the work freedom, not tied to a desk!
Independent Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Alamogordo, NMApril 19, 2017
Great company but there a lot of ins and outs to learn about to make more money and to not spend too much on the materials to run the business! I enjoy working when i want to thou!
Pros
freedom and awesome people to work with and clients too!
Cons
Hard to make much money if you dont go into the leadership side.
Great for stay at home parents!
Independent Consultant (Current Employee) –  Streamwood, ILApril 17, 2017
I sell at presidents club level and I am currently a Silver Ambassador in leadership. I only work 2 to 4 hours a week. I am a stay at home mom so taking care of my 2 1/2 year old daughter is top priority. In December 2016 I received a $2000 leadership bonus which was great for Christmas time. I typically earn between $600 and $1000 a month (not including leadership bonuses). Every campaign I add at least one team member and I give myself a raise. I am happy moving slow and steady, if you put in the hours selling business to business and fundraising you can make a lot of money. If you spend 40 hours a week you will grow your business quickly. I would not have any spending money if it was not for my Avon business. This is also a great business to help save money for college, a dream vacation, and put money away for retirement. I love the boss life :)
For more info visit www.GetYourStarterKit.com
Pros
Work your own hours, great bonuses available to earn, as well as trips and other incentives, free online store, up to 40% commission to start.
Cons
Nothing!! I am very happy!!
Your own Boss.
Avon Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, TNApril 13, 2017
With Avon, you're your own Boss. That can be good or bad depending on the type of person you are. However, you can be on other leaders teams as well. Avon is very competitive and is great for someone who needs flexible hours and can manage time and money well. I wish I would've been able to interact with the company managers more but time is money. Let's face it, we all need money.
Pros
flexible hours and discounts
Cons
finding reliable customers
meet good people
Independent Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSApril 13, 2017
You can make AVON what you want. You must be able to put alot of time into it to make good money. The time is the hard part the book will sell itself.
Pros
Meeting People
Cons
Not getting any orders
Nice job if you can afford to live without it.
Independent Sales (Former Employee) –  Monroe, GAApril 13, 2017
I loved working my own hours but truly couldn't make ends meet off of the commission alone. I seemed to spend more than I made, which is obviously not the point of employment.
Avon
Independent Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Moody, TXApril 12, 2017
Making calls daily through referrals, family & friends, and established customers. Product demos, sales and delivery bi-weekly or as needed by customers. This was a self management job that required me to step out of myself and really get to know and serve others.
Productive and supportive place to work with awesome people
Operations Supervisor- Supply Chain (Former Employee) –  Springdale, OHApril 12, 2017
I acquired a vast amount of knowledge in my career at Avon. I was given opportunity for growth with mentor ship from current Supervisors /Managers which has provided me with the tools I have today. I learned leadership, development, production, customer service, quality, analytics, and logistics. The hardest part of my job with leaving all the great Associates and the most enjoyable part of the job was the hands on experience I received as well as all of the opportunities that were provided to me.
Pros
Flexibility, opportunities for growth
Cons
Job Elimination
fun environment
Quality Assurance Manager (Former Employee) –  Morton Grove, ILApril 11, 2017
flexible hours with a lot going. Dynamic environment. Friendly people. Travel is fun to different countries and you learn a lot. fun atmosphere and growth opportunities.
Pros
flexible
It's a good company when you put forth the effort.
Independant Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Fountain Inn, SCApril 10, 2017
It is a good company for someone who wants to put a lot of time and effort into it. The benefits that you gain are guaranteed by how hard you work at it and how far you move up in sales. I enjoyed the time I worked for them.
Pros
create your own schedule, work from home, good products
Cons
it's a lot of work, marketing can take a lot of time
diverse community of business oriented personnel
Sales, Representative (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAApril 9, 2017
A typical day consisted of finding new clients and advertising along with working with current clients and assisting them with their orders and needs.
You run your own business
Avon Independent Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  West Union, SCApril 7, 2017
You are your own boss and you go around and try to sell Avon products to people that may be interested in makeup and etc. No rules, nothing. Choose your own hours, your own boss, get to try out Avon products, 40% discount
Pros
You are your own boss, make your own hours, 40% discount
Cons
Dont make enough money to live off of for sure
Good people, good purpose, but issues at the leadership level keep it from progressing
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 6, 2017
People are nice and the company has a great purpose and mission. It is very dynamic and there are many projects to be involved with. There were a lot of enjoyable aspects to working there.
That said, the company is very inward looking, so its strategy is shortsighted and more importantly, management does not establish a clear set of priorities (including providing clarity on what the company is not going to do or not going to invest in). Also, given the constant cost cutting there was very little for career advancement and development.
Pros
Nice people, interesting projects, great purposeful company
Cons
Leadership is rarely aligned; making it unclear what is the direction of the company.
avon
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 6, 2017
avon was ok at least I thought but it wasn't the job for me to many people was selling avon around the area. I sold a lot of products but not enough to make a stable income
Pros
Products
Cons
not a stable income
customer service
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 5, 2017
working with Avon taught me responsibility and customer service skills. Customer service is very important in every work setting . Meeting new people, getting great products, learning about and showing off new items we sell are all part of having great customer service skills .
i love to work for avon company.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYApril 3, 2017
Avon company is a good choose to work and have some experience with customers and work together as a group i love to be part of avon family and try there products.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avon. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval