Avon Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,067 reviews matching the search
incredible job
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMay 5, 2016
interact with customers, tell them about the product and provide them with the best knowledge about the product,in this company i learned how to earn money,manage and distribute and go out there and talk to customers on how much they like the product and what was the problems with the product.
Pros
flexible time, great products, earn money, stress free
Cons
sometimes things go missing, product in bad condition
The salary was based on Commission
Avon Representative (Former Employee) –  Goshen, INFebruary 10, 2016
I liked working Independently. Looking for potential sales; friends neighbors, church. Often times went to door to door. Calling customers and receiving calls. Entering orders on-ling. When I received products delivered them to customers and received payments. Handed customer the next Avon book for more sales. The hardest part of job is parking in one spot then going door to door then had to go back to where I had the car parked
Pros
Doing my own job and pleasing the customer
Cons
Sometimes walking long distances
Great Job
Manager Assistant (Current Employee) –  Caguas, PRFebruary 12, 2016
Overall a nice place to work at, and usually a fun time. Nice coworkers, and understanding management who work around your schedule. The best part of the job is how great the employees and managers are.
Pros
Very flexible work schedual, Many excelent events in differents Hotel and Great Places
Cons
Monthly contract offer
Fun work to do
To offer the best customer service to my customers (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VA 23455April 3, 2016
As an AVON rep, I am an independent beauty consultant. I work my own hours and I seek out my customers. The pay varies upon sales, which include but are not limited to customer purchases. I learned how to open up towards strangers more. I enjoy meeting new people and telling them about AVON products and prices.
Pros
You are your own boss
Cons
Your pay depends on your willingness to do the footwork.
Avon Products
Senior IT Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMarch 6, 2016
Avon was a great company to work for, however it was a business model that did not keep up with the times. I loved my coworkers and still converse with them frequently. Keeping the plant running was quite the challenge however working closely with the engineering department was beneficial and kept things running smoothly.
Pros
The company treated their employees well.
Cons
Company business plan was outdated, as well as their hardware.
A nice company to work for.
Salesperson (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 27, 2016
I love being an Avon Representative, although I didn't have much time to sell one on one with my customers due to my extensive class schedule. It is an awesome business to work for and I love the products and conversing with various customers.
Pros
Free samples, products, and sometimes lunches at the Representative meetings.
Cons
Sometimes items may be out of stock.
Fun
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDApril 21, 2016
This is a good job to work if you are looking to advance in your entrepreneur skills and you like working for your self and with customers. This is commission based and does require you to go and get sales.
Pros
Working for yourself, meeting other sales consultations, awards, recruiting new people
Cons
This is not a stable payed position, you have to give a certain percentage of your sales to Avon.
At Avon, it is all about the Representative!
Senior Manager, Sales Operations and Analytics (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 2, 2015
Though challenging these past several years, the core business and purpose remains the same, support women's independence, empower them to own their own business and be their own boss! There has always been great camaraderie among co-workers and one mission- driving toward the success of our Representatives. One of the most enjoyable moments is attending a recognition event where these individuals are brought on stage and tell their story of how their lives have been changed by this company and their own efforts!
Pros
womens empowerment & philanthropic efforts
Cons
outsourced call center for representatives and benefits center for associates
Great representative
Independent Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Nashville, ARMay 20, 2016
I love being a sales representative. I meet new people all the time that needed a Avon sales people that is kind and try very hard to please them. Always have to have a smile on your face because who wants to buy products from a angry person.
Pros
Love talking about their products and i use the products myself
Cons
no cons
Very friendly place to work
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 25, 2016
I was able to learn everything about direct sales and leadership.The most fulfilling part of the job was to give the representatives the opportunity to grow and be financial secure .You always can count on your superiors to guide you.Hardest part the long hours on the field
Pros
Great Incentives
Cons
Fun, great group of people
Unified Partner (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTMay 19, 2016
Working with adults to become more independent and making healthy choices. I've learned to work in a team and encourage adults with special needs to do the same. Its hard to help and give each athlete individual attention, but we work as a team and get it done.
Pros
Fun group to work with
Cons
hard to give individual attention
Avon
Avon Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNJune 20, 2015
really great just so hard to get it started at first and costs a lot when first starting out. Really great people meeting and products just way to hard to start a business at the time. Do not do unless you have some money saved up.
Pros
flexable hours, very people orientated, so on.
Cons
no benefits, expensive
Great job!
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 17, 2016
Awesome pay, great values. Pretty routine work day to day. Business model can be difficult to understand. Work life balance is ideal - 9-5 is all that is expected!!
Stress free environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 27, 2016
Handle customer requests and inquiries of products. Handle all matters regarding any back orders of products customers order. The hardest part of the job was finding the right clientele. the most enjoyable part of the job was the freedom to work when I wanted to.
Pros
Discounts on products
Cons
No health coverage
An extraordinary place to create dreams.
Avon Representative/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  7201 W. Linvale Place, Denver , Co 80227November 22, 2015
Showing clients product catalogs, samples, doing facials and just having fun. I learned to be more of a people person and open up. This job gave me my voice to not just be the salesperson but to be the buyer,m and sample samples along with my clients that became more like family.
Managing was possible and learned how to be an listening supervisor and find solutions to problems that arose.

The hardest part of the job was setting boundaries for my self and when to say , "no" and when to say, "yes'.
Receiving your pay is one of the best things within this company but seeing little kids receive presents is always one of the most enjoyable and fascinating gifts of all.

I may not be Santa, but I was just a smidgen close to being, and that's what I call , " some kinda wonderful".
Pros
Ordering everything for less, Buying Samples
Cons
Not enough time in the day
review
Avon Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 10, 2016
This job is only beneficial for those who are into commission-based work. I personally did not care for the job cuz i was looking for non-comission work. I soon quit for that reason and found other work. It is good for the right sales person though
Pros
good for a sales person
Cons
bad if you dont like commission
Flexible hours and comfortable work environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Rye, NYApril 18, 2016
This was a great company to work for. Empowered women and great products. Opportunity to also earn additional income by selling the Avon brand. Also gained continuous product knowledge.
Pros
Great products. Location was very convenient to home
Cons
This location was closing in the future
Changing Environment
Division Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 6, 2016
The history of this company 130 years in business in 100+ countries is what attracted me to the opportunity. The last 10 years the North America Business has been downsizing and had a revolving door at the top.
Pros
Historically a leader in the industry
Cons
Struggling to reinvent business processes and regain market share
Independent Consultant
Avon Independent Consultant (Current Employee) –  Loogootee, INJune 7, 2016
Working for Avon is purely amazing. You get to make your own schedule and never leave home if you don't want to! You have the opportunity to meet many others who share the same passion as you. You build relationships with customers and the earning potential is unlimited.
cool work experience
Global Sourcing Analyst (Temp) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 27, 2016
ex time, family oriented, match 401k, must take vacation, remote work/work from home, equipment and hardware upgraded frequently, free lectures and education, access to gym, awesome health care, easy quick expense reimbursement, birthday off
Pros
free bagels
Cons
salaried hourly

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avon. Our community is ready to answer.