Avon Employee Reviews

Found 1,318 reviews matching the search
Providing wonderful products
Customer Service Rep, Sales (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, COMarch 29, 2017
I make my own schedule and the level of sales that I choose. Meet new people everyday. Guide new representatives to their own level of sales and beyond.
Pros
Be my own boss
Cons
non
High expectations to perform
District Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  OHMarch 28, 2017
The District Sales Manager Position is a very high energy position that required 50-60 hours per week. It is a flexible work day so you have to be self motivated and have high ambitions to be successful.
Pros
flexible, bonus opportunities
Cons
always fun to see new products
Avon Representative (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMarch 28, 2017
You can set your own hours and time of operation. The name of the company sells itself since it's been around over 50 years. Avon pretty much has anything you would need.
Easy and Fun
Independent Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  TexasMarch 28, 2017
I am able to create my own work hours. I can work as much or as little as I want to earn the money that I want. They have amazing demos and your team lead helps a lot.
Competitive
Representative (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMarch 27, 2017
I was rushed to meet requirements of my peers to be compensated by commissions only. I was informed of a based salary and did not receive adequate pay for my services.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
No truth in company policy
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAMarch 27, 2017
It was self employment so a typical day all depends if your taking orders or delivering.I learned a lot on dealing with customers.There wasn't really anything hard about the job. The most enjoyable part was getting to meet new people all the time and being able to make your own schedule.
Productive and fun
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Bainbridge, GAMarch 23, 2017
I worked at my own pace, created my own set goals to make sure I had something to work towards each campaign. Created a work environment that was fun and social. Met new people each and every day through friends and getting out and advertising.
Very self afficent job experience. Sales representive at its peek.
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  East Orange, NJMarch 23, 2017
Very competive experience, very self abbreviated self earned each penny each earnings. Was a place of growth on a high scale due too ones effort infact was very intense very educational experience.
Avon
Avon Independent Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCMarch 21, 2017
To be able to communicate to customers about product information and educate customers on the health and wellness benefits of Avon products. Also if person interest in career Avon you get process started by showing the way get started.
Pros
Do own time that fit into schedule
Cons
Dont make much money if people dont want to buy.
Avon
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, ARMarch 21, 2017
Avon is a good at home job. I love it. Its good for all kinds of people. It gives me the opportunity to meet new people. And help get what they want for a good price.
Great commuication job
Independent Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Crockett, TXMarch 19, 2017
It was fun way to get to know people in the neighborhood, on the job and in church. Being able to go out and see the things that people feel are good for them at a good price to make the a happy customer.
Company
District Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Old Bridge, NJMarch 18, 2017
Company is upside down as far as their financials. The company is down sizing the number of employees. The company doubled up your district, because of a hiring freeze.
Pros
Ability to create your schedule
Cons
the work load is doubled because there is a hiring freeze.
the company has changed greatly from th etime I worked there
Senior Design Manager, Home and Kids Divisions (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 14, 2017
When I worked there is was an energetic, forward moving company with high ambitions.
I made many great friends there and in retrospect learned a great deal about the industry, management and product development.
One of the great things Avon did was hire great people!
They also have a strong management development program
Pros
great people, creative enviroment, greta travel opportunity
Cons
culture has drasticaly changed since I was there
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 14, 2017
Selling beauty products, Recruiting and meeting new candidates was the best experience ever. Lots of womens who like to get pretty and being a District Sales Manager for the Company, made a huge impact on my latina women of today. I really enjoy it
Pros
meet new ppl every day
Cons
sometimes you cant achieve the NUMBERS.
great complany to work for
Application Dev Lead/ Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Rye, NYMarch 11, 2017
It is a very nice place to work. People are very nice. Very satisfying work environment with flexible hours.Great Benefits. Nice and helping people, Employees get discount at site store,Good cafeteria
Pros
Great Culture
Cons
Something different every day......
Machine Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Morton Grove, ILMarch 11, 2017
At Avon it was different every day; sometimes I ran the machines, sometimes they broke down and I had to troubleshoot and repair them. Some days were busy, some days there was little or nothing going on. During my 30 years at Avon, I worked all three shifts, 3rd shift being the longest. The most enjoyable part of the job was the variety, and having been in the same place for so many years, having gotten to know so many people.
Pros
Incentive programs, gain sharing, and they did alot for the employees
Cons
I worked off shift hours for 10 years
Your own boss and fun
Representative (Current Employee) –  Canoga Park, CAMarch 9, 2017
A typical day is posting your life away on social media to sell products to customers. I guess the marketing life isn't for me since I need to know more people which happens with time. I loved it though no matter what, but I can't grow this business and still have money for a full load at college. I just can't put all of myself into it. The best part is interacting with new people.

I was put on possibly the best team ever. Compared to other marketing jobs I have done, this is by far the best because it is the most rewarding.
Pros
experience, meet new people, social
Cons
takes a long time to build your network
motivation
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCMarch 8, 2017
its a self starter work place
be your own boss
take control
think quick and take responsibility
think ahead
and great customer service satisfaction
Pros
great pay
Cons
great starter
If you love to work indepednetly and like to set your own hours, Avon is a really good company to work for. Join today!
Independent Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 8, 2017
I love working independently and setting my own hours. I like to educate women about makeup products and what their use for and new techniques. its so fun and as you go along you learn more about products and yourself. its great. Avon is not just about makeup, Avon goes as far as Jewelry, clothes, shoes, hair products, kids toys and home essentials etc.. Avon is always up to date with trends. Love it
Pros
Discounts on products
Cons
Getting Customers. (The more customers, the more sales) Dont be shy!
reliable and wonderful line of work,the people are great to work with.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Corry, PAMarch 7, 2017
You pretty much make your own hours,management is well on top of there game,there is specific dates you will have to have your campaign order in to make more money faster. There's nothing really hard about it. The most enjoyable part is that I get to be home with me my love an my son missing no time to see my baby grow.!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avon. Our community is ready to answer.