Avon Employee Reviews

Found 1,370 reviews matching the search
Good company
Machine Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILMay 11, 2017
I liked working for Avon ok hour's, nice pace job, good discounts​ when your achieved great production on your line nce employee's wanted to work there long-term .
I would only recommend this company if youre really into beauty.
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMay 11, 2017
It's alright but the paying is not all that well and the communication is a lacking skill in this work place but you would need to get out of your comfort zone to participate in this job.
Pros
Meet new people, more social
Cons
Slow, not good pay
Avon
Avon Independent Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAMay 8, 2017
Work at home in your office at your leisure time. Create your own schedule. Add new team member is option but it ads money to your income! Contact your customers for their order. Pass brochure on biweekly schedule!
Pros
Be your own boss
Cons
Productive and fast paced work environment with plenty of opportunities to grow.
Avon Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Pinnacle, NCMay 6, 2017
I enjoyed working for Avon the time that I did. It was a learning experience for me personally. I was sad to see that it just wasn't something that truly interested me work wise.
Avon ha sido muy bueno
Vendedora (Current Employee) –  Las Piedras, PRMay 4, 2017
No tengo nada que decir al respecto. Solo soy una vendedora de otra vendedora y lo que gano es a comision.
Avon Rep.
Avon Representative (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAMay 3, 2017
Would give out catalogs to potential clients. I would collect orders and monies and process orders and deliver the products. I would inform potential customers about new products and keep track of customers.
Pros
fun, easy
Cons
not too many potential clients
A great way to start you worry free life
Manager/Owner (Former Employee) –  Hopewell, VAMay 2, 2017
I was able to create my own schedule and have time with my family and hold a career at the same time. It was an amazing opportunity to take part in with having children.
Going downhill
Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 1, 2017
Was a great company to work at but with recent management changes has been deteriorating. Hoping it will turnaround and get back to the glory it once was because it is an amazing company, with a wonderful mission and quality products.
fun experience
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 1, 2017
Avon is a good experience to have if your going for bussines major. its a really good work opprotunity if your also really good a t selling to customers, thats how you'll make the most is by trying and selling as hard as you can. because you also make commission hours.
productive and amazing place to work
PICKER (Former Employee) –  Chester, VAApril 28, 2017
you will love it freedom to work at your own pace.my typical work day was about 7am till 5pm.i had study clientele.i have learned hard to see things through.and how to balance home and work through this amazing company.also i was my own manager and i had an amazing time dealing directly with the company if i had problems.i had my home office based in my own home some it was a pretty chill environment.the hardest part is convincing a fidgety customer who likes to try to haggle you .or an person who is not sure if what they are being pitched is good for them.the most enjoyable part more family time and flexible hours.
Pros
great hours and work from anywhere
Cons
if your looking for study employment not for you
Quality products and very personal customer service
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Madison, OHApril 27, 2017
Excellent part time. If you willing to spend 4-5 hours a week making calls and setting monthly meeting and letters this is the job to have, Avon management and representatives are great to work with
self employment
Avon Representative (Former Employee) –  Bluemont, VAApril 25, 2017
Avon allows individuals to be self employed working at their own pace and on their own time. Easy to work around family and another job. You get out what you put into it.
Pros
flexibility of schedule
Cons
lots of driving sometimes
very fun company to work for
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 24, 2017
I really enjoyed being my own boss with Avon. There is no limit on the revenue you can generate with this company. i will surely work as a sales rep for them in the future.
Work at your own pace
Avon Independent Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  UtahApril 23, 2017
It is great to get sales experience and to meet new people. You are up to date on products and you gain a lot of experience with Customer Service Skills.
Pros
New Products
Challenging
DISTRICT SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 21, 2017
Constant changes make it hard to implement and cope. Representatives are getting confuse with the changes and the things that they need to implement in their own individual business.
It was a very pleasant experience working there
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYApril 21, 2017
Working for avon was a pretty fun experience I love working with the employees and the management was awesome threre . Also it was always fun to hearabout the new products that came out of avon I'd even buy myself their products are really good
Avon. Fun Job for extra inome
Independent Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAApril 20, 2017
Selling Avon is a fun job to earn extra income. They do give you discounts, first to buy new items that are coming out at a discount, but you tend to spend more than you earn with them because there deals are so good.
i love the work freedom, not tied to a desk!
Independent Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Alamogordo, NMApril 19, 2017
Great company but there a lot of ins and outs to learn about to make more money and to not spend too much on the materials to run the business! I enjoy working when i want to thou!
Pros
freedom and awesome people to work with and clients too!
Cons
Hard to make much money if you dont go into the leadership side.
Great for stay at home parents!
Independent Consultant (Current Employee) –  Streamwood, ILApril 17, 2017
I sell at presidents club level and I am currently a Silver Ambassador in leadership. I only work 2 to 4 hours a week. I am a stay at home mom so taking care of my 2 1/2 year old daughter is top priority. In December 2016 I received a $2000 leadership bonus which was great for Christmas time. I typically earn between $600 and $1000 a month (not including leadership bonuses). Every campaign I add at least one team member and I give myself a raise. I am happy moving slow and steady, if you put in the hours selling business to business and fundraising you can make a lot of money. If you spend 40 hours a week you will grow your business quickly. I would not have any spending money if it was not for my Avon business. This is also a great business to help save money for college, a dream vacation, and put money away for retirement. I love the boss life :)
For more info visit www.GetYourStarterKit.com
Pros
Work your own hours, great bonuses available to earn, as well as trips and other incentives, free online store, up to 40% commission to start.
Cons
Nothing!! I am very happy!!
Your own Boss.
Avon Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, TNApril 13, 2017
With Avon, you're your own Boss. That can be good or bad depending on the type of person you are. However, you can be on other leaders teams as well. Avon is very competitive and is great for someone who needs flexible hours and can manage time and money well. I wish I would've been able to interact with the company managers more but time is money. Let's face it, we all need money.
Pros
flexible hours and discounts
Cons
finding reliable customers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avon. Our community is ready to answer.