Avon
2,119 reviews

Avon Employee Reviews

Great Family Company
Manager - Product Development & Sourcing (Current Employee), NJFebruary 27, 2015
Great Family Company, holds true to their family ethics. The people were great to work with, treated you like part of the family.
Negative work enviroment
District Sales Manager (Current Employee), Seattle/Tacoma areaFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: car and gas both professionally and personally
Cons: micro management
Currently Avon is in the process of restructuring its work force.
What that means is field associates are being laid off.
Nice and convenient job.
Sales Representative and Customer Service (Former Employee), TexasFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: work at your own convenience
Being an Avon Representative requires good communication and marketing skills. It is an online job so it gives you time for your personal life.
overall great experience
Independent Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Rockford, ILFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: not very lucrative earnings
It was a great experience. I serviced a wide variety of personalities and gained friendships. I gained a lot of experience in my customer service skills.
Once thriving company now struggling
Manager - US Supply Chain Finance (Current Employee), NY, NYFebruary 17, 2015
Cons: the company for women doesn't live up to its name anymore
Typically work 10+ hours a day (mix of office & home) work/life balance isn't there anymore

I have learned a great deal about the direct selling business throughout my various roles

Most of my co-workers are AMAZING, helpful and such team players. As with any place there are some bad seeds.

Hardest part of the job is watching the company struggle, especially when you have worked and seen the good times.
productive workplace with in house caffeteria
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: two week break for christmas and new years.
Cons: having a 30 minute lunch, and not knowing when i would be able to leave work.
My typical day working for Avon, was spent loading transportation trailers with merchandise to be shipped to residential and commercial facilities. In addition, I also spent time preparing pallets for shipment, as well as picking and packing customer orders. The management team at Avon was approachable. Being a contract worker for Avon, I was not able to build too many working relationships with my co-workers, many of whom found employment elsewhere in a short period of time. The Avon associates, both warehouse and sales, were friendly and helpful.The most difficult part of my job, was not knowing what time I would end my day. I would start at either 1,2,3 or 5 pm, but, I never knew when I would be heading home. Sometimes we would work an 8 hour day, other times we would work 12 hours, and none of if was voluntary. The most enjoyable part of my day there, was hearing the announcement that we picked and packed our quota for the day, so we would be able to go home withing the hour. My overall experience at Avon was satisfactory. I needed more work experience and I needed work immediately, and Avon provided me with both. I will always be thankful to them for giving me an opportunity to work.
I sold their product and spent more myself than what i made.
Independent Sales Representative (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GAFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: i had fun buying their products.
Cons: i didn't feel like i made any money.
I would order their expensive booklets and whatever to boost sales only to put ALOT of wear and tear on my car and use ALOT of gas. I was doing ALOT of order placing for them but just didn't seem like I was making anything. I also found it hard to NOT buy anything for myself. It just wasn't worth working for them.
Flexible Schedule
Independent Sales Representative (Current Employee), home businessFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: flexible
Selling Avon allows me to work a full-time job and have Avon as a part-time job. I make my own schedule and determine how much I am going to make based on my sales. I enjoy providing excellent customer service to my customers.
Best part of the job was coaching the representatives.
District Sales Manager and Career Coach (Former Employee), Fargo, NDFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: company car until virtual assignment, coaching the representatives and watching them grow.
Cons: poor upper management that seemed confused on what to do next.
Many activities with the representatives, long days with travel but enjoyable. Enjoyed coaching and seeing success and growth. Unskilled DVM's and always changing to different ones.
Very productive oriented company that strived for perfect orders. Expected hard work and long hours during busy seasons. A lot of room for advancement
Dock Unloader (Former Employee), Newark, DEFebruary 11, 2015
Very productive oriented company that strived for perfect orders. They valued their employers and rewarded them for a good job.Expected hard work and long hours during busy seasons and co-workers worked well together for the most part. A lot of room for advancement.
You get what you put into this position.
Independent Sales Representative (Current Employee), Pueblo, ColoradoFebruary 9, 2015
This company allows you to work at your own pace and offers a very flexible schedule. This position allowed me to work around my education schedule perfectly without interrupting study or class times.
High stress
District Sales Manager (Current Employee), Rye, NYFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: company car
Very over worked and unappreciated, upper management has proven to be very unethical and unfair to very good reliable managers. No job security, very high stress position. Best part of the job is trying to help others achieve a better life through their sales, dreams and goals.
I was an Independent Contractor
Independent Contractor (Former Employee), CTFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: being my own boss
Cons: compensation was not great.
Avon Products provides an opportunity for the individual to create the job that fits their schedule. My success relied on my own motivation. I set my own schedule and hours. My District Manager was terrific and worked hard to support all of her Sales Representatives. I loved Avon and the products.
Good Job
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Newburgh, INFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: very flexible hours.
Cons: product inventory.
Working for Avon was wonderful. Getting the products in the mail, getting it organized, taking inventory, sorting into individual orders, making a receipt, bagging products, and delivering to customers was an average day. I learned more about sales and how to run a small business. The hardest part was placing an order and having every item shipped. A lot of items were placed on hold and shipped later if it ever came at all. The most enjoyable part of the job was selling and up-selling.
productive place to work
Sales Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: great management, they care.
Cons: not any i can think off
a typical day at work includes getting sales quota from representatives, checking their progress (sales) if anyone need help to improve their numbers in processing new sales representatives, making sure they receive their new orientation & training my computer skills has gotten very good I love my co workers hard working and a great sense of humor a great place to work.
review of being Independent Sales Rep
independent sales rep (Former Employee), CaliforniaJanuary 28, 2015
I have spent more getting orders to customers than I have made. AVON expects you to collect all order money up front now which is a really bad way to do business. Every time I place an order I am expected to pay in full. The bigger the order the larger the payment and Avon will hold the order til you pay. There's absolutely no way to get ahead.
Brochures are a bit pricey and samples always have to be purchased. This company does not help new reps to be successful. Even manager would not give me a couple extra brochures.
Thrift stores and yard sales sell the products way below brochure prices so that makes it even more difficult to male sales.
I do not recommend getting involved in sales with Avon as an independent rep. It will only put you in debt
Independent Sales
Recruitment & Sales Leadership (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 28, 2015
While working as a sales person with Avon, I learned how to become an entrepreneur. I learned how to manage others. A typical work day consisted of me working independently. I would hand out brochures, do some up selling on products as well as recruit prospects. The most enjoyable part of the job was being recognized the hard work and dedication it took to grow a business. The hardest part was working off of residual income and not know sells would be.
Great business opportunity
Independent Sales Representative (Current Employee), Rochester, NYJanuary 27, 2015
This is a great company to work for, especially if you are a stay at home parent who loves to have the flexibility of being able to balance both a personal and professional life.
Fun place to work especially if you are a people person
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Southfield, MIJanuary 25, 2015
Open up in the mornings. Check voice mail messages. Return calls and call and schedule appointments for the week.Appointed new representatives. Run reports. Order supplies. Keep stockroom organized. Set up for monthly meetings.
The hardest part of the job was when we had to meet a certain quota with our sales and calling representatives did not go well.
The most enjoyable part was meeting and helping the new representatives.
Ensured outstanding Customer Service
CSR (Former Employee), Cleveland, OhioJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: getting people to trust and order products from me
Cons: if the customers did'nt have all their money for their products
passing out Avon books to friends church members and people on my job.
I learned how to speak to people.
Management was ok. they were fair when people order was not right.
I didn't have a co-worker. I worked alone
the hardest part of this job was if my customers products did not come back on time or not in stock anymore and I had to tell them.
Most enjoyable part of the job was when my customer products were all in and on time

About Avon

Everyday, Avon brings beauty to the lives of women all over the world. At Avon, beauty means finding the right lipstick shade – Read more

Avon Salaries