Avon Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,085 reviews matching the search
Avon Products
Senior IT Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMarch 6, 2016
Avon was a great company to work for, however it was a business model that did not keep up with the times. I loved my coworkers and still converse with them frequently. Keeping the plant running was quite the challenge however working closely with the engineering department was beneficial and kept things running smoothly.
Pros
The company treated their employees well.
Cons
Company business plan was outdated, as well as their hardware.
Relaxed atmosphere, Bosses let you actually work.
Plumber/Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Morton Grove, ILMarch 1, 2016
Overall it's a very nice place to work. There are too many managers per department. High turnover rate with managers as well.
Extra Cash and flexible schedule
Advanced Unit Leader (Current Employee) –  Meridian, MSFebruary 29, 2016
I have been selling Avon for years and love it as a way to meet people and make extra money every two weeks. The company has been around 130 years and I totally believe in the products.
Pros
discounts
Cons
pay for supplies and shipping
Great place to work, great people, but dying company
COE Sourcing Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 23, 2016
Avon Products has a great job culture and work life balance, however, the compensation and benefits are really low and job security is questionable.
Good products but really hard to build clientele
Independent Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Chaska, MNFebruary 19, 2016
Avon is a wonderful and has wonderful products but trying to build a good clientele is challenge. I really like the fact I can work right from home. I have learned a lot more about beauty products.
Pros
Get to work from home
Cons
Hard to make a decent income
Great job!
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 17, 2016
Awesome pay, great values. Pretty routine work day to day. Business model can be difficult to understand. Work life balance is ideal - 9-5 is all that is expected!!
Productive and nice place to work
Financial Senior Analyst, Regional FP&A, LATAM (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 17, 2016
-High exposure to top management;
-Good environment to work;
-ownership and accountability of your responsibilities;
-Challenges;
Pros
Healthcare, environment, benefits
Cons
small office
Good products
Self-Employed / Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 15, 2016
Great products and more. I have used them for years as well as sell them to my family and friends. I will continue using them for as long as possible.
Great Job
Manager Assistant (Current Employee) –  Caguas, PRFebruary 12, 2016
Overall a nice place to work at, and usually a fun time. Nice coworkers, and understanding management who work around your schedule. The best part of the job is how great the employees and managers are.
Pros
Very flexible work schedual, Many excelent events in differents Hotel and Great Places
Cons
Monthly contract offer
Great Job
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 11, 2016
This position was a new challenge every day! No two days were the same when you are responsible for over 700 people. It was exciting, always changing, challenging, and most of all fun!
Pros
The ability to make your own schedule, the Company was the winner on this as I rarely had a full day off!
Cons
None really
Avon is a great company to work with.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Lanham, MDFebruary 11, 2016
I love avon as a business. I find it to be a great way to meet new people and open up your communication. I love the staff with Avon the staff is wonderful successful
Love my avon
Independent Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Rogersville, TNFebruary 11, 2016
Avon is an amazing company. I think they could give reps more. Just the small things like pendants and such for accomplishments.
Pros
people
Cons
dont make enough
The salary was based on Commission
Avon Representative (Former Employee) –  Goshen, INFebruary 10, 2016
I liked working Independently. Looking for potential sales; friends neighbors, church. Often times went to door to door. Calling customers and receiving calls. Entering orders on-ling. When I received products delivered them to customers and received payments. Handed customer the next Avon book for more sales. The hardest part of job is parking in one spot then going door to door then had to go back to where I had the car parked
Pros
Doing my own job and pleasing the customer
Cons
Sometimes walking long distances
Avon inc
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 9, 2016
Avon inc is a great company to work at, being able to pick your own hours was a really great thing. Working alone and running your own business could get pretty hectic. Thankfully i know how to operate a computer because that helped me submit orders for customers. I learned that it takes hard work and dedication to get the job done.
great
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Turlock, CAFebruary 8, 2016
Great company to work on your own and to meet new people. great products and lots of information. sales are normally really easy to make.
Buena compania,pocas posibilidad de ascenso
Customer Service Leader (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 3, 2016
No estoy contratada por Avon directamente,por eso no disfruto de sus beneficios,una compania de inyectarsele dinero en cambio de imagen y concepto
Pros
buen ambiente de trabajo
Cons
pocas posibilidades de ascender
I enjoy what i do.
Independent Beauty & SkinCare Expert Consultant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 1, 2016
Beauty comes in all shapes and sizes. And true beauty is more than skin deep. I love helping others to find their own beauty.
Pros
Latest treading makeup and skin supplies
Avon
Avon Representative (Current Employee) –  Secor ILJanuary 29, 2016
Job was so uncertain from day to day, on hours and pay. Some times very slow on sales, and customer returns. Sale items come in broken or damaged, therefor having to send items back.
Some items are cheaply made, and shows to the customer that is paying for the item that this is what AVON's is all about.
Pros
salws
Cons
not enough customers buying
Un dia tipico en la compañia
Asociada de ventas (Former Employee) –  Ponce, PRJanuary 29, 2016
Como asociada de ventas me encargaba de que todo estuviera en orden y que el cliente saliera satisfecho con todo los productos mostrados porque un cliente satisfecho siempre vuelve
Very flexible, yet there are limitations.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WIJanuary 27, 2016
The only thing I don't care for are the limitations on the salespeople when advertising. Avon advertises everywhere and can get sales (which competes with the salespeople, of course).