Avon
2,107 reviews

Avon Employee Reviews

Independent Sales Representative/Unit Leader (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 15, 2015
A typical day includes cold calling, door to door sales and marketing, recruiting, interviewing, and training new representatives. I have learned that you have to set goals and be dedicated and consistent daily. If you do this you can advance in title. I have a remarkable manager. She is committed to assisting all representatives achieve theirs goals. My co-workers are responsible, leaders who are committed to recruiting, training, and assisting others. The hardest part of the job is convincing others that Avon is a wonderful platform to gain hands on experience and to learn what it takes to be a new business owner. The most attractive and enjoyable feature of the job is the flexibility and the rewards along the way. I can work from anywhere: home, an off-site location, or the office.
Excellent Opportunity
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Kingsland GAJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: president club offers a fixed 40% earnings no matter your order size
Cons: avon is always changing and for some that is difficult, many changes have taken place since i started with the company in 2009
This position is for someone who is willing to work in sales. You have to establish clients and treat your business as a full-time job. Customers like personal attention and exceptional service. Avon provides lots of free online training to learn about the products and how to run the business. It takes effort and willingness to keep on going when things are slow.
Love the products and working with people
Avon Independent Representative (Former Employee), West Haven, CTJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: avon products
Cons: don't make alot of money
Like Avon products and selling to the customers
Like when people order online, and it gets
delivered right to them.
Time consuming is what is the hardest part, because
the delivery of books, then the delivery of the products,
plus collection of the money.
fun
Avon Sales Representative (Current Employee), Elizabeth, NJJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: you make your schedule
Cons: commission is small
working for avon is great because your schedule is flexible.
High Paced
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: provided teamwork
Cons: constantly on one post. little rotation
Deals with a lot of team work and repetition. Working on an assembly line.
The challenges you face could be difficult, but the relationships are very rewarding.
Sales Repr and District Manager Assistant (Former Employee), home basedJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: flexiblity work hours and building new relationships
Cons: benefits and changing the overall persona of avon products
Avon is a self based business you grow from sales of cosmetics, skin care, clothing, jewelry, colognes and various home based products for the entire family.

I enjoy versatility in a work environment and this job had it all.

Each day could include communicating by: phone, email, mailings, outside meeting or social media to: clients, new prospects, manager and the home office. My primary tasks for the district manager included: recruiting, encouraging sales growth and providing information to other representatives in our district (via phone and/or email) scheduling, recording information gathered and continuously monitoring this data. Many days required juggling all the above areas plus continually growing and maintaining my client base.

The most challenging part for me was keeping new recruits motivated and focused. I found many individuals want immediate results over a very short period of time.
I manage myself, enjoy helping others.
Independent Represenatative (Current Employee), Reedley, CAJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: extra money to spend on my son
Cons: not having certain items available after customer has waited
A typical day at work I hand our brochures, ask if any of my clients is searching for a certain item, if so, I assist them with finding the best product that works best for them and their budget.
I learned how to handle money and get things paid on time, and to not exceed the end date.
I manage myself, I control when I work and how often I need to remind the clients about the upcoming date to send in their order.
The harderst part of my job was to start off, to meet and greet people that I wasn't sure would be interested, overtime I overcame that aspect and now I have no problem gaining new clients. More clients equals a bigger business.
The most enjoyabe part of my job is when I give my clients their order on time and complete.
Working with AVON
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARJanuary 6, 2015
Working with AVON was fun and sometimes scary. I was able to meet a lot of nice people.
Independant, exciting and challenging
Sales Representative (Former Employee), New Carlisle, OHJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: working at my own pace, doing it my way!!
Cons: no set weekly pay, self-employment taxes, lack of benefits health or otherwise
A typical day in this business consisted of talking with customers, and potential customers. Taking orders, placing orders and fulfilling orders. Customer service was a big part. Keeping the customer happy always the most important.
Also a lot of book keeping to be done. Keeping records of all clients and what they typically order and when. Basically the purchasing and return habits of my customers.
I learned a lot about "People Skills" during my years as an Avon Representative. How to get on a personal level with the client, yet keeping it professional. How to recognize a potential client over someone just playing.
I already knew basic management skills with running a household and family. I drew a lot of insight into business management, through trial an error in this business. A lot of direction was afforded to me by our district manager.
This was my personal business, I did not engage others to sell for me so there was really no co-workers.
The hardest part of the business I would say was establishing new customers once I had been selling for multiple years, and my area had been canvased many times. Other than that, I would say making my deliveries during bad weather was difficult at times.
The most enjoyable part of my business was the friendships that I made through my customers that have extended through the years. And connecting with them on a regular basis.
Everyday is a fun day when you sell Avon!
Independent Avon Representative (Current Employee), Ashkum, ILJanuary 4, 2015
A typical day at work as an Avon Representative for me is a combination of contacting customers, taking orders, delivering orders, attending group meetings or conference calls. I have learned how to work independently or in group, how to coach a team and have become unit leader. I do have to say that district 5111 as a whole is a great team to work with! The hardest part of the job is deciding if I want to work from home that day or out in the field. The most enjoyable part of this job is being able to help each customer with his or her unique needs.
Sales Representative
Sales Associate (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 3, 2015
I enjoyed being self-employed with Avon and the many tasks it offers,such as customer service,taking orders from customers,distribution of products,making phone calls and follow-up with clients. Posting payments and handling returns of merchandise that was incorrect.
independent work
sales rep (Former Employee), bronx, new yorkDecember 30, 2014
Pros: a lot of free tim
Cons: salary not satisfied
Is a good place to invest if you have the all the money. I was not always available with the amount of money you need for the investment to sell the products.
Hard work pays off
Independent Sales Representative (Former Employee), Augusta, GADecember 30, 2014
You benefit from the efforts you invest in independent commission based sales
Good
Avon Representative (Former Employee), Lompoc, CADecember 30, 2014
Pros: work at home
Cons: low profit
The great thing about Avon is you work whenever you want. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone though because the profit is not worth it.
Avon is a wonderful company to work for .
Customer sales Representative (Former Employee), Ny,New YorkDecember 28, 2014
Pros: great place to works
Cons: i need more advancement with great pay .
I love being a Avon Representative first of all because they support a lot of good causes to help others in the community .I also has great sells products and customer service .Avon is an all together place .I love ya Avon.
Avon Beauty Products
Unit Leader/National Recruiter/President Club (Current Employee), MarylandDecember 23, 2014
Managing personal and Unit sales, hiring and training new representatives.
I just got started but I am confident it will be a successful business.
Avon Representative (Current Employee), North Brunswick, NJDecember 17, 2014
Pros: entrepreneur
Cons: there are no real cons it is just a matter of learning the ropes of the business
I think it is a great company, and I just got started so I am more in training right now. I am just learning the products and taking training materials on their site to build my business. I am also attending meetings to learn from other Avon representatives. I have a lot of skills in customer service and sales so it is being applied and used as well as learning new strategies for this specific business.
Worked from home but traveled daily throughout my district. Put many miles on my company car.
District Sales Manager (Former Employee), Kansas City, MODecember 13, 2014
I was a District Sales Manager for almost 15 years. I had several different districts in Kansas and Missouri during that time.
I earned the Circle of Excellence twice being within the top 10% of sales increases of managers nationally. Also was number # 1 sales increases in State of Kansas 4 different years. Went on many International trips for achievements. Received many electronic products, etc for achievements not only Avon products.
Opportunity to experience management at its highest levels
Director Global Security (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 12, 2014
Pros: excellent place to work and enjoy a positive image
Cons: too large of an area for one person to cover effectively
I am in touch with a company Security Designee in each location worldwide thru whom I manage and control job-related company security directives.
Learned to deal with various individuals at different levels in their security development.
Management of personnel is basic to any operation; its the type of product manufactured and the end result of the product that varies.
Good results in dealing with co-workers.
The hardest part of this job was communication and delivery of service over thousands of miles apart.
Most enjoyable part of the job dealt with the reduction of losses in the millions dollar range.
At Avon Products
merchandise operation (Former Employee), Pasadena, CADecember 9, 2014
Pros: free lunches when hit a good number of orders
Cons: they closed the cafeteria
A Typical day at Avon: sometimes filling in for people that are absent.

What I learn at Avon: is a fast pace job to get orders on time for shipments

Management: Always on the go and always had there door open for
employees

Co-workers: Always willing to help you out.

Hardest part of the job was to make sure merchandise was ready for orders for pickers.

The most enjoyable part of Avon : I was on the safety committee and Pac Team, to make a Safer place to work,and also to raised money for breast cancer.

About Avon

Everyday, Avon brings beauty to the lives of women all over the world. At Avon, beauty means finding the right lipstick shade – Read more

Avon Salaries