Avon
2,054 reviews

Avon United States Employee Reviews

Very fulfilling after building a customer base.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Lancaster, CADecember 3, 2014
Pros: demo's, discounts, meeting new people
Cons: hard to start, hard to make a profit, time consuming, expensive, all in all difficult
It's very hard to get started with this company, since you are running your own business. I don't find that to be a bad thing, and in the end, I did not come out as successful as I had hoped. But still being a high school student while looking for a full-time/part-time job AND trying to keep up with a business was just weighing on me too much. And I was spending money that I didn't have.

The concept of the company is great, and like I said, can be very fulfilling. But you have to be prepared before you start, and you have to be patient. Otherwise, you'll give up like I had. My overall experience was decent.
Being in business with AVON was great.
Independent Sales representative (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCDecember 3, 2014
Avon gives you the opportunity to be in business for yourself but not by yourself. there are opportunities to promote your business and gain clientele.
Hard working with good compensation
Undisclosed (Current Employee), Rye, NYDecember 2, 2014
Hard work, many times not recognized by direct management. But the compensation is good and benefits are good. They support training and encourage it. Co-workers are great socially.
Customer Service
Customer Care (Former Employee), Morton Grove, ILDecember 1, 2014
Pros: customer was out sourced to india
Cons: just the best company you could ever work for.
Avon is a wonderful company. I have learned and I was able to grow with the company. It is a well know company. Answered calls, processed price adjustments, and tracked orders.
Excellent diverse team
Avon Rep./ District Assistant (Former Employee), Lenexa, KSNovember 23, 2014
Pros: traveling meeting new people
Cons: temporary assignment
Always something new to look forward to. A new challenge everyday.
I learned how work the new systems that Avon had, learning new skills in management. As the Assistant to the DSM it was very exciting to meet new people daily and building healthy relationship with them, learning the new products and sales tips. The hardest part of the job was doing majority of my work from home, the most enjoyable aspects of the job was being able to travel and do more hands on techniques.
excelent
District Sales Manager (Former Employee), Caguas, PRNovember 21, 2014
It is a very good company here grew as a professional and all the tools and knowledge that I carry with me was because of the opportunity it gave me professional crecimeinto Avon. No complaints, the reason for which it was allow me to move to live in Florida.
very nice co-workers. flexible work schedule
Sr. Inventory/ Financial Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 21, 2014
Enjoy the lunch time together and company parties were fun and free sample of beauty products.
Productive and fun workplace which allowed alot of opportunity for growth.
Career Representative 1 (Former Employee), Springdale, OHNovember 19, 2014
Pros: closed christmas and new year's eve and christmas and new year's days
Cons: short breaks
A typical work day for me at Avon for me was great. I got along with my Supervisors and Co-workers which always made the work day go well. Unfortunaley, I was effected by a downsizing in the company which affected the department that I was in . However, I learned alot of good valuable things and skills with Avon in which I feel will be very helpful in whatever new job position that I attain. The most enjoyable part of my job was when I was able to work from home and become a virtual agent. Although, I loved working around my peers, being able to become virtual made if less stressful for me to have to come in during times when there was bad weather. I enjoyed working for the company but am excited about a new opportunity to work and learn new skills from another company.
Part time work at home
Customer Service Representative/Sales Associate (Former Employee), WORK FROM HOMENovember 19, 2014
Pros: no pressure and work at home
Cons: no training
I did this part time from home and frankly did not put much effort into the work.
Not a good fit for me
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Lancaster, CANovember 18, 2014
It just wasn't a job for me. I liked being my own boss, but at the same time it was hard to meet up with the quotas by myself. I was buying more than I was selling and I was younger than so I didn't have the mindset I do now.
Avon isn't for me
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Hammond, INNovember 18, 2014
Cons: not a lot of people buying.
I realized that I am not a sales person. I did not build me clientele. It was a waste of time.
Ability to create long-lasting business contacts
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Hampton RoadsNovember 15, 2014
I am able to network and create many different business opportunities promoting and using these wonderful products.
avon reps
Sale Rep (Former Employee), Oakdale, CANovember 15, 2014
Pros: you get to know your surroundings and people around better
Cons: the comission hurts when you cant pay the bills
Us men and women want to have the best but not the price of target or macys. Avon helps with now lower priced make up clothes we even have kids stuff from 0-5years old. we make deals to better help u stock up. Your a door to door sales but you also call around to see if your clients need more products or help finding gifts for your love ones
basketball court
Bin Filler (Former Employee), Pasadena, CANovember 14, 2014
The management does not support everybody just certain employees , is very hot in there they don't like to turn on the air conditioner is spending too much money to them. The company wages are good, but the work could be challenging sometimes
be your own boss
Avon Sales Representative (Current Employee), Cohocton nyNovember 13, 2014
Pros: work your own hours and you are your own boss
Cons: pay is comission base only if you dont make high sales you dont make much money
its a job secondary job but if you dont make high sales you dont earn alot of money
The environment
Sales Rep (Former Employee), La Puente, CANovember 12, 2014
A day at work for this job employment was a tough one,Because i first i really wasn't into dealing with door to door sales or even approaching people, but once you get the hang of the job, it turns out awesome at the end of the day,you get to meet new faces daily! That was the best part of my job!
Avon is welly-rounded for your schedule
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), Homestead, FLNovember 11, 2014
Pros: great products/cosmetics
Cons: getting customers to buy your products
It is a great experience working for Avon. I was perfect for me because it fit perfectly with my schedule. The products were of good quality.
HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO MEET A LOT PEOPLE
Representative (Former Employee), EL PASO, TXNovember 10, 2014
Pros: work my own hours
Cons: needed a fix income
I HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO SPEND QUALITY TIME WITH MY FAMILY. NEEDED TO EARN MORE TO SUPPORT MY FAMILY
great products
Independent Sales Representative (Current Employee), Tucson, AZNovember 10, 2014
Pros: my own schedule
Cons: not making enough, takes a lot of time
not making the money I would like. I have a lot of customers and do better around the holidays. Am also attending school.
productive and fun
Independent Consultant (Current Employee), chicago ilNovember 9, 2014
Pros: work at your own pace
Cons: inventory quanity
Its a ok job. You work at your own pace. I have many avon customers that love there products and makes my job easier. they even call me the avon lady. i've met many new people threw this job and it has made me a more of a social person

About Avon

Everyday, Avon brings beauty to the lives of women all over the world. At Avon, beauty means finding the right lipstick shade – Read more

Avon Salaries