Avon Employee Reviews

Found 1,323 reviews matching the search
Good workplace
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 8, 2017
Very fast paced working on lines at plant.different lines everyday so it was interesting.management was very helpful .training was quick and explained well
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Short breaks
Terrible Company to Work For
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 6, 2017
I have been an Avon Rep for a year. Things were going fine until recently when I received a notice that I have $59 on my account that needs to be payed off. This was quite interesting to me since I have not placed any orders, but I payed it since it was a debt collector who contacted me about it, and I didn't want to mess up my credit. When doing research on how to cancel my account I learned from other reps that having mysterious charges placed on your account is actually quite common. Their representative support team is also awful and not at all helpful. Would not recommend working here to anyone.
Cons
They steal from their reps
Great atmospher and a great place to work
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Morton Grove, ILFebruary 6, 2017
I started there in 1994 and of course over the years things change and with each new supervisor they bring different ideas as to how the company should be run but overall I would still recommend it as a great place to work
Pros
The allow you to be independent, noone looks o er your shoulder
Cons
Not many raise hikes
it was online
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 4, 2017
if you like commission based jobs , its all for you,i personally liked it however i suggest having another job lined up just in case this isn't enough
Pros
the product
Cons
making the sale
Not for me
Avon Representative (Former Employee) –  Middleburg, FLFebruary 4, 2017
I am sure Avon is great. My mother sold avon and so did my grandmother.Just was not for me. The customer service department is really hepful when you call.The person who is above you was nice.Just not my thing.
Pros
work from home
Cons
hard to sell
Work from home, meet new people, advancement
Independent Sales Representative & Unit Leader (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLFebruary 3, 2017
Its great that you can set your own work schedule. You can sell to everyone everywhere! Always meeting new people, either new customers, recruits or other sales representatives. To advance its pretty simple but you have to be consistent and love to sell and deal with people
After 12 years with Avon they are restructuring again
District Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Redding, CAFebruary 2, 2017
Hardest part of the job is knowing now you are just a number and will be gone at anytime

Love working with the Representatives will miss helping them to grow their business'
Pros
great to help others
Cons
untable
Avon
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDFebruary 1, 2017
Was a great job! Worked my own hours and built my customer base quickly and easily. Avon sells itself. Easy job and very rewarding. Had fun activities.
Pros
Self Employment
Cons
Flexible hours and make your own shedule
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Crossett, ARJanuary 31, 2017
You'll have to do a lot of driving to advertise and give out brochures. You'll have to pay for the samples and brochures yourself. You will make a percentage off of what the customer pay for once the order is completed. If a customer order something and doesn't pay for it when it returns,just send it back, but you make no money off that sale either.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
no hourly pay
Great culture and great people
COE Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 31, 2017
The company and people are great at Avon! There's a real sense of camaraderie at this company. However, job security is a cons as the company stocks have been plummeting.
Pros
Free bagels
Cons
Company-wide layoffs
A great job to sell products for the whole family and others
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Swansea, SCJanuary 30, 2017
What I learned about the company it takes money to make money you had by products out of your own pocket this worked for some people
and not for others I learned the highs and lows in the selling market
Pros
free lunches meetings
Cons
not making enough money to survive on
great culture
Senior Financial Analyst - FP&A (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 30, 2017
culture at avon is great, however with company going through restructure job security is a problem, coworkers are nice and it is a great friendly culture.
Fun and inependant
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 28, 2017
Great company with great products. I love being my own boss and the flexibility it gives me. You also get to meet like minded people that have an entrepreneurial spirit!
Good company, self-sufficient
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Chehalis, WAJanuary 25, 2017
It is a fun company to work for if your not looking for a big huge job commitment. It is also nice to work from home. You get to meet and work with a lot of cool clients.
great way to learn customer skills
Independent Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Cairnbrook, PAJanuary 24, 2017
hand out books to people you know, friend and family. collect orders and submit to Avon, Avon send it to you and you give out the orders and collect the money from the customers and pay Avon. Also you can provide samples for certain items that you are selling,
Best Direct Selling Company
Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 23, 2017
Empowering woman each day by supporting them to be successful business owners.
Coaching, developing and partnership for success.
Sharing the opportunity for business success.
Avon Mentor/ Trainer & Independant Rep (Current Employee) –  Pulaski, VAJanuary 23, 2017
With Avon Your Future is Pretty Much All in your Hands
Make sales Promote Reach You goals
You Will Be set With Compensation & Bonuses
Avon has Connection with discounts on Business Supplies as well
and have wonder team support
Pros
be your own boss, Work at your Own Pace
Fast Pace High Energy
Sales and Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Home based officeJanuary 22, 2017
Prospected through warm leads and cold calling, appointed those Leads, Trained and developed New Avon Representatives.with different Sales Strategies
Sales and Sales management are two very different positions,
Lots of management changes including the Company being sold to an outside management group has changed the culture of Avon completely
hardest part of the job is constant changing of priorities
the most enjoyable part of the job is when I saw the results of supporting a Representatives and knowing that I made a real difference in their life
Pros
Relationship built
Cons
Continuous change in priorities
Very assertive
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Claremore, OKJanuary 22, 2017
I learned about how to handle your own business. I went around to the local shops and restaurants to build my customer base. I helped customers with orders online. Inventory check and went to different conventions.
Pros
The ability to work at my own pace
Cons
The amount of income
Not that good
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOJanuary 21, 2017
Avon really sucks because no one wants to buy and u buy some of the product to show and then u r stuck with it or someone says they want to buy it and they don't have the money and so u buy it for them and they don't come up with the money so u r stuck with it
Pros
I like thier stuff
Cons
Too expensive

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avon. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval