Avon Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,063 reviews matching the search
Productive and great benfits
Industrial Electrician / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Springdale, OHNovember 12, 2015
Management was very supportive with ideas for improving safety and productivity. Was permitted to present alternate methods for saving production downtime and cost saving processes.
Pros
Provided training and education.
Cons
Living the commissioned life...
Independent Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GANovember 9, 2015
Working for Avon, like any other job, has its benefits and its disadvantages. With this job, there were no set hours (unless I set them myself), and typically no quotas to meet. However, you truly need to have an eye for sales and keep at it. Starting out, I loved working for Avon. My mother was a sales rep for Avon, and we were both avid customers before working for them. I was trained to be a very decent sales person, and for a little while, I was in Leadership and had two people working under me. But I was never able to recruit enough people to earn a salary check, so everything was commission (my pay depended solely on my sales). Most of the time I struggled financially, but not because of my sales... but because the company began taking more and more than what was intended. I couldn't even eat off my pay, and it was every two weeks. The hardest part was the randomness: every campaign yielded varying results, customer-wise. The most enjoyable had to be getting to demo the products, the discount, and occasionally traveling.
Pros
10% discount, demo items
Cons
Commission pay, varying customer flow, stolen funds
selling products
REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 9, 2015
I don't really recommend to someone who wants hourly pay. "helpers" dont really help at all. the sales you made where more for them than for me. I hate it.
Avon Rep.
Independent Avon Representative (Current Employee) –  Burns Harbor, INNovember 8, 2015
This was my own business. Work hard to build it up and expand my customers. I keep track of my own inventory and accounting.
I was honored to be an Independent Avon Representative
Independent Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 6, 2015
I absolutely love Avon products. They are made in the USA and I must say I cannot wait until I can become an Avon Rep again or at least find a Rep in my local area. A typical day became a bit hectic. My days would be a little hard to plan at times once my client list became extensive. At times I would be at a meeting, the phone would be ringing with an order coming in and my time management would suddenly be off track because I always wanted my clients to come first. None of these factors ever created an issue. I decided to take an "Avon" break when I decided to participate more with my children's school volunteer organizations. I would absolutely recommend Avon to others.
Pros
Amazing products and wonderful clients to chat with.
Cons
My days were extremely hard to plan.
good job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Paterson, NJNovember 5, 2015
I liked the avon products and decided to sell avon to have an extra income,I say my experience in customer was excellent.
Great company
Independent Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 5, 2015
Good company for extra part time income. You own your own business. A typical day with Avon is the pleasure of meeting new people and distributing current brochures. Meeting with my customers on certain days to collect orders and payments.

The most enjoyable part of job is getting to talk to men and women about Avon products and opportunities.
Pros
I create my own hours.
Avon provides all of the tools to run your own business effectively
Business Owner (Former Employee) –  Illinois City, ILNovember 1, 2015
Personal accountability. You only get out - what you put in.
You create the environment you would like to work in. Great part time job or can turn it into a full time responsibility.
Pros
Great opportunity to make additional cash
Cons
Back orders
salesperson
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 1, 2015
I had to help sale Avon products. I had to interact with costumers all day long. its easy and fun. everyone had a good attitude.
Self Employment
Worked From Home (Former Employee) –  Stafford, VAOctober 31, 2015
There is really not much to say about Avon, its a self Employment type of business. You either can do it, or you can't. If I was more active with it, I'm sure I could have made it work. Buts not my thing.
Pros
Self Employment
I liked my job as a cashier
Retail Cashier (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 27, 2015
I have great respect for the managers and supervisors. I did not agree with the pay, but that's just my opinion. I did like the fact that they a good discount for there employees.
Excellent company to work for.
Inventory / Cost Accountant (Former Employee) –  Las Piedras, PROctober 22, 2015
I will say this is the first manufacturing company to work. The culture environment is professional and I have learned a lot in working in this company. It provided tools to be able to get on top of new changes in technologies and continues education to ensure to improve my job as expected to the desire results.
Pros
Excellent co-workers and working as a team to get the desire results.
Cons
No comments
Fun
Independent Sales Rep/ Unit Leader (Former Employee) –  Union City, TNOctober 20, 2015
Fun for a self employment job. Compensation is based on sales. When sales is booming you can make good money but if you struggle to get sales, your profit will not be good.
intense and pure commission
Unit leader (Former Employee) –  Brandenburg, KYOctober 19, 2015
Avon is a great company if there are good leaders that take the time to show you how to work smarter not harder. It is purely a commission job and pretty much sells itself. I enjoyed being a until leader to show my down line how to work smarter not harder and to be supportive as much as I can. The customer service and returns is a nightmare though.
Pros
work on your own schedule
Cons
bad customer service and returns department
Life at AVON
Independent Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Laurelton, NYOctober 19, 2015
Typical work day is that of approaching customers and sharing about bestselling and latest products, and building rapport. There were also weekly meetings held which would help to motivate the consultants and people of other status within the company when it came to driving sales.
Pros
Encouragement, family oriented, motivational
Cons
Commission based
Be a top recruiter or seller to turn a profit
Advanced Unit Leader (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WAOctober 13, 2015
otherwise you are simply lucky to break even. I quit with a team of over 300 recruits because I felt that I was "tricking them" into making money, that wouldn't happen. High stress, phone rang off the hook constantly, tax season was a nightmare, cost almost $700 to file.
Pros
making new friends
Cons
high mileage on vehicle, commissions only
Never be a Sales Representative.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Paterson, NJOctober 11, 2015
At first it seems fun till you owe them money for items that where out stock when you order them. This job is a pyramid scheme covered in glitter and perfume. Just buy the products never sell them lesson learn.
Pros
some money
Cons
you have to pay for everything, and items are always out of stock
liked working there i would still be there if the job was still there
Supplier Operator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 10, 2015
this is a big company I wish it was still in ohio but it not . worked with a lot of good people at that place I miss it a lot. I wished I could have worked to I retired but they moved out of the U,S.
Pros
got free lunches and breaks
Cons
good health care miss that
Easy making money selling items.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Claymont, DEOctober 9, 2015
You meeting different people, making friends. Meeting other sales representatives. Learning about face and body health issues. Showing what is in the new books and all the sale items. Getting to buy things on a discount.
Pros
Making your own hours.
Cons
Getting stuck with merchandise that a customer could not pay for.
Vendedora
Representante (Former Employee) –  Collado Villalba, MDOctober 9, 2015
Vendiendo productos de belleza, y ropa. en el cual vendia en distintas parte de mi pueblo. Estuve vendiendo estos productos mientras estuve estudiando para ayudarme mas economicamente
Pros
Conoses mucha gente
Cons
en ocasiones tenias perdidas