Avvo.com is looking for a full-time test engineer to help us help people navigate their legal problems.
You might be a good match for us:
- If you thrive in a fast paced challenging environment. . .
- If you want to change the world. . .
- If you are naturally curious and passionate about testing...
- If you are excited about finding issues, and thrilled to find solutions...
- If you are an advocate for the users. . .
- If you are self-motivated, but love to work with a great team..
If you want do dig into data, influence UI, design new tools, and have pride in what we produce. Then come talk to us!
Responsibilities will include:
- Overview / auditing of offshore team
- Ownership of testing in an important business unit
- Review / Edit / Author test plans / specifications
- Triage of new bugs and review of old bugs
- Rapid testing for immediate deployments
- Development of management skills
- Overall software testing experience 3+ years (STE, SDET)
- Experience writing test cases and test plans
- Experience reporting bugs
- Great communication skills - written and verbal
- Basic SQL
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field or equivalent experience
Nice to have:
- Internet/Web industry testing experience
- Advanced SQL
- Some experience writing code (bonus points for Rails / Ruby)
- Experience with test automation frameworks (bonus points for Selenium)
- Experience with performance Testing
- Experience with security Testing
Your past experience is important, but not as important as your motivation and creativity. We will provide the environment and the guidance needed to grow your skill set.
Be a part of a software engineering team in a small funded company that is changing the legal space. Located on the bus tunnel in down town Seattle. Full-time position includes company paid health insurance, stock options, and an ORCA card.
Avvo.com is the web's largest expert-only legal Q&A forum and directory (http://www.avvo.com), connecting hundreds of thousands of consumers and lawyers every month. In Avvo's Q&A forum consumers can get free legal advice 24/7 from more than 125,000 participating lawyers, and Avvo's directory provides comprehensive profiles, client reviews, peer endorsements and the industry-recognized Avvo Rating for more than 95 percent of all lawyers in the U.S. In addition, Avvo helps lawyers grow their business with Avvo Ignite™, a cloud-based client conversion and website solution specifically for attorneys. Founded in 2007, Avvo is privately held with funding from Benchmark Capital, DAG Ventures and Ignition Partners.