AVX Corporation Employee Reviews

8/9 out of 10
Router/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Fountain Inn, SCDecember 7, 2017
I loved the people and everyone who worked here. Great attitude and some co-workers can be tough and very upfront. Yet, the hours are overwhelming at the end of the months.
I probably would still be working here if the company hadn't closed
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 13, 2017
Great place to work. Management always listened to associates, we were able to work as a real team and problem solve. The company would promote within. Gave reviews very fairly.
Pros
fair woring conditions
Cons
company closed down
See Review
Accounting (Current Employee) –  Simpsonville, SCNovember 11, 2017
 Analyze labor, material, overhead costs
 Control and maintain bill of material (BOM)
 Develop yearly cost standards
 Perform monthly inventory reconciliations
 Support plant controller
My Best Job Ever!
Machine Operator 3 (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WANovember 9, 2017
I worked at AVX Corporation for over five years, most of them as a Machine Operator baking chemical paste onto ceramic capacitor (micro) chips. I was proud of my work and finished product. Management there was mostly caring and thoughtful. The Vancouver, Washington plant that I worked at closed in December, 2001, otherwise I'd still be working there.
Pros
Everything about the job.
Cons
None that I recall.
Avx
Product Marketing Manager - North America Ceramics (Former Employee) –  Fountain Inn, SCSeptember 3, 2017
Stable company, but very stressful environment. Not enough support to handle daily business responsibilities. Long hours required to keep up with daily activities, and 50%+ travel throughout North America and world wide.
Pros
Good pay
Only if you must
Technician (Former Employee) –  Fountain Inn, SCAugust 20, 2017
Working at AVX is nothing but a stress-inducing eye-rolling mess. There is absolutely no leadership skill in any management. The management is virtually non-existent, and completely out of touch with the floor work force. They are completely lacking in common sense or problem solving abilities. Management has a tendency to ignore problem areas and departments until people start walking out or finding better employment, and then do a lackluster job of trying to address problems. The turnover rate is high, and they cannot retain good people, which means the workload gets pushed onto the people left. The pay is low, and there is no chance of advancement. On the upside, the benefits, specifically the health insurance, is very good, and your contribution to it is very low.
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
Poor leadership, poor management, poor pay
Plant that I worked no longer there
Production Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 5, 2017
Day started with reviewing the pervious shift issues on the equipment if any make the necessary repairs to bring equipment up to operating standards. If equipment is operating proceed to rebuilt spare parts to equipment.
Pros
relaxed atmosphere
Cons
unsure of continued employment
Fun workplaces
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJuly 30, 2017
This is the best job I ever had . The pay was wonderful. The teamwork was wonderful. The communication was on point. The management was on time with everything. Job security was great. I love that place.
Pros
Fun place
Cons
Healthcare
It was a decent workplace. Although the pay kind of sucked.
Shipping Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 19, 2017
I enjoyed most of my years workiing for this company. The other part of the time there was too much drama and favoritism. In the almost 10 years I was there I went from $9/hour to $12.50/hour so the pay raises were very slow.
muy buen ambiente de trabajo
Packer (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 17, 2017
es excelente, se trabaja en un ambiente bueno y agradable, mucho companerismo.
Pros
incentivan mucho a los empleados

Want to know more about AVX Corporation?

Ask a question
Average
Payroll Admin/Tax Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fountain Inn, SCJune 5, 2017
AVX Corporation is a good employer. There are opportunities to grow a solid career. Co-workers are great overall, with only typical exceptions you expect within a Corporate facility.
Unorganized
Operator (Current Employee) –  Fountain Inn, SCApril 6, 2017
The management needs to be reviewed and maybe even replaced. A lot of good employees leave due to the management and pay. They should considered regrouping as a whole.
n/a
CMAP MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCFebruary 4, 2017
Would not recommend emp. at AVX. Sending all of there work over seas, and after 30years with the company all I was sent home with was just paperwork. .
Avx
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCFebruary 3, 2017
The best day at work was my last day. I worked a weekend shift - 12 hours days and that was a rough schedule being stuck in a manufacturing room with no windows. Plus I hated wearing the clean room uniforms. Most coworkers were closed minded.
AVX has (had) lot of great and talented people, they keep going away as a result of horible management
Engineer (Former Employee) –  otherFebruary 3, 2017
Working at AVX is definitely interesting, one can learn a lot. There are areas where the company develops and produces technology which is leading among competition.
Given the low investment policy, low salary policy and bully type of management, one wonders how is this great circus still keeps running. There is a number of totally incompetent people working in the top management making decisions which lead to total collapse.
Pros
Great technology
Cons
Low salaries, no advancements, no hope
starting out or fresh start
Casting operator, Casting Technician, and Trainer (Current Employee) –  Fountain Inn, SCJanuary 28, 2017
this is a good company with a lot of potential if they push forward they could be a really great company. would recommend for people who are looking for a fresh start or trying to get on their feet.
Pros
off weekends
Cons
short breaks, favortism of higher positions through out plant.
Not a bad place to work. Pay is low.
Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  Conway, SCDecember 12, 2016
Over 17.5 years at AVX. The last 8 years I was there,I had no pay increase at all. None of the factory.employees had either. Theyre consolidating their manufacturing.lines,which.led to.my.being laid off.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
No pay increases
Horrible place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCSeptember 14, 2016
Constant harassment and threats by coworkers protected by management. Extremely high turn over and no opportunities for advancement or incentives for efficient workers. Suffers from bootlicker syndrome if you do a good job coworkers will spread nasty rumors and create problems for you with a managment too lazy to look into the issue past the fact that someone is complaining. Several shot out windows from gunfire in the administration building visible from 385. Do not work here if you can help it plenty of other jobs In the area.
Pros
Good company benefits
Cons
Everything else
AP Clerk
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fountain Inn, SCSeptember 9, 2016
I worked there almost four years. Turnover is horrible. Pay is extremely bad. Management is completely out of touch. No room for advancement...they let hard working people go...and keep the slackers. Worst company I have ever worked for...Look somewhere else!!!
Cons
poor management, poor pay...high turnover
I feel that it's not what you know but who you know that gets you a better break
Component Operator (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCMay 15, 2016
The pay is lousy for the labors, we need a raise and their is no room for advancement.

Management show favor to some employees.

Some of the employees are bullies and show harassment to their co-workers.

I feel like it is a unsafe place to work, because the workers are getting tired of the unfairness and one day someone is going to snap.

The hardest part of my job is when co-workers come in my area and work overtime and get paid more than me and do less work.

The enjoyable part of the job is pay day and when we do see something happen that is fair for the workers.
Pros
We don't get bounes
Cons
That's what we get short breaks and bad health care rates

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AVX Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8