AVX Corporation

AVX Corporation Employee Reviews

Working at AVX Corporation, was actually, the best job that I ever had. The employees were very happy, and once you were there, you stayed.
Electronics Technician, I (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: everything about working there, was the best.
Cons: i can not think of a single thing, about being employed there, that i did not like. they are awesome.
AVX Corporation, was the place that workers would come to work, and decide to retire from there. Every body liked their jobs, there was plenty of room for advancement, and the workers were happy. I enjoyed going to work, every day. My life has not been the same, since they were forced to lay-off, due to the slump in the electronics market, before the cell phone boom. I have not been able to find that level of employment, anywhere since.
A Waste Of Your Professional Time
Engineer (Former Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: still some talented people at the company
Cons: short sighted management, low pay, no future
Company pays below market salaries, provides no support for training or professional development, uses antiquated technology, is significantly understaffed. Dramatic increase in turnover following the relocation to Greenville. Every day spent working for AVX is a wasted day of your professional life.
Had several differnet jobs over the years there.
Clerical/Lab Technician (Former Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCJuly 28, 2014
Pros: steady job monday through friday
Started as clerical in the Human Relations Department. Moved to Engineering as a Secretary. Started attending school for computer aided design. Promoted to CAD operator/designer. Finally was a lab technician in Research and Development. Enjoyed working many different jobs and people.
ship work to other plants with the company
Line operator (Former Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCMay 22, 2014
Line operator, customer services, Ability to handle a variety of tats
simultaneously, motivating to other,
Very nice place to work, before its closure.
Chemical Engineering Technician (Former Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: paid holidays, no-pressure workload
Cons: sudden closure, many jobs were lost
AVX was a nice corporation to work for, before its closure. The company moved its business overseas about a year after a massive lay-off, which I was included in. The environment was very laid back and everyone had their own assignments to complete, which determined how long or short your day would be.
Mechanical Technician
Mechanical Technician (Former Employee), Conway, SCDecember 21, 2013
Cons: healthcare
I'm more of an outdoors person however I enjoyed working for this company.
Stay away
Sales (Former Employee), Fountain inn, SCNovember 29, 2013
Pros: coworkers
Cons: low wages, lousy benefits, sr mngmt is disconnected
Only if you are desperate for a job. No training, highly stressful, poor management, low wages, poor working environment, employees are not valued. Turnover is like a revolving door. No incentive to perform. Merit reviews are a joke and predetermined. Very good employees receive low rating to keep raise very low. Out of date systems and don't expect a clean safe work environment. Company will do anything to save a penny. No work/life balance.
Operating a machine in a productive and timely manner
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Conway, SCOctober 31, 2013
Pros: enjoy my co- workers
Cons: health care
A production machine operator and was also trained in quality control to make sure that the quality of the work was satisfactory to be shipped to consumers.
Attrition rate was high, lay-off fear constant, otherwise good conditions
Research Technician (Former Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCOctober 22, 2013
Pros: good co-workers, and excellent environment
Cons: poor policies and poor future for workers
Although the work place was an excellent environment to work within, the stress of the every day threat of lay-off was monumental, and it was evident everywhere you looked. In my estimation, it lead to poor efforts in the work force, hampered the precise work that was necessary in that type of work and at times affected poor results in achieving a good product. At times when good results were gained, the product and it's formulation was sent to Japan for final production. It was a slap in the face for those who developed the product. Their reward was a possible lay- off. Out sourcing the demise of the American work force..
The Best Executives and Company
Executive Secretary (Former Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCAugust 9, 2013
Pros: notoriety.
Cons: none.
Typical day was to organize meetings, itineraries, minutes, booklets, answer phones, all equipment, etc... I learned so much I cant even begin to write it all down. Deligation and patience. Very competivie co-workers, they all wanted my job, second to the very top. Hardest part of the job was always striving for perfection. Most enjoyable, knowing I was working for the best of the best.
it was a good job and I enjoyed working there
Screen And Midas Operator (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COJuly 19, 2013
Pros: we had pot-luck
Cons: healthcare was given to all employees
My typical day at work was given a clean smocks every morning because, we worked in an area that was considered a clean room where we made and punched the computer chips. Through the three year's that I've worked there I learned to become better skilled as both Screen and Midas Operator's. Management was good and my co-workers and I were always laughing and cracking jokes just to past the time at work. The hardest part of the job was having to leave because, my husband and I were leaving for Germany. The enjoyable part was having pot-lucks.
Stressful but rewarding place to work
Sr. Engineering Technician (Former Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCJune 18, 2013
As a whole AVX is an okay place to work. One of their drawbacks is that it is top heavy, meaning there are too many layers of management.
I enjoyed my job
Field Sales Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Vancouver, WAApril 16, 2013
There was no typical day and I enjoyed that the most as it gave me a change of pace daily. My co-workers were the best you could find anywhere. The best part was assisting the customers and co-workers alike.
Assembling Testing
Electronic Assembler (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, CODecember 25, 2012
Worked in a clean room and performed various tests on
electronic circuit cards and equipment. Electronic assembler
assembling interface devices requiring wire wrapping and
soldering. Electronic cables requiring splicing, crimping wires
and connectors. Review and understand sediments protocols
and the relationship of procedures to agency guidelines.
-Testing, micro-soldering, and assembling breaker boards,
electronic circuit cards and equipment.
-Great communication skills with external and internal customers.
Only if you are desperate for a job
rather not say (Former Employee), Greenville, SCDecember 17, 2012
Pros: they don't make you supply your own toilet paper
Cons: bad management, lousy benefits, low pay, no advancement
If you are on your last buck, then do it. Otherwise, stay away.
Most political environment I have ever worked. Senior management is clueless and only wants to pad their bank accounts before they retire. Pay and benefits are not competitive. Systems are ancient. Office supplies are scarce. Be prepared to steal pens and paper from hotels when traveling.
Great Company to work for.
Sr. Sales Operation Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCNovember 20, 2012
Great company to work for. Awesome team spirit. Learn a great deal from my co workers.
Great Job
Employee (Former Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCNovember 14, 2012
Mentored me and gained so many skills that have helped build my skill base.
Was very nice place to work with good coworkers & advancement opportunities.
Assistant Credit Manager (Former Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCOctober 18, 2012
This postion had good benefits & a very up to date work culture. In this position I learned good collection & credit rating skills that I have used in other postions.
OK place to work but not technically challenging.
Capacitor Manufacturing Automated Process Tech (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COOctober 16, 2012
AVX was a nice place to work. Work enviroment was pleasant and employees were recognized for a job well done. I personally did not find the work my position was as technically challenging as positions in which I held with other employers.
Sometimes there was no advancement because of the economy
Production Engineering Technician (Former Employee), Conway, SCOctober 15, 2012
Quality and safety come first. This company really didn't take care of their own, ask anybody. They will lay off a dedicated 20+ person, keep a 2 year person just to save a buck.
Headquarters