AWS Employee Reviews in United States

Low wages high stress
Employment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Seymour, INFebruary 10, 2016
Insufficient managerial support. Insufficient directions and difficult management. Not a thriving or product work environment.
Not enough training for their clients.
Caregiver - Direct Support (Former Employee) –  Hobart, INOctober 17, 2015
The mentally handicapped clients were capable of far more than the company required. The company let the clients get away with too much lack of discipline.
Pros
The staff led by example. It was an easy job
Cons
There were no benefits, only vacation of one week after a year.
A typical day at work
Insert Operator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 11, 2015
On a daily basis I would set machines and run various jobs throughout the day. This caused me to be more proficient at my job each day.
Pros
Friendly Atmosphere
Cons
Lack of advancement from within
Great place to work with great clients
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INJuly 20, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the clients faces light up when you took them somewhere special or done something they liked to do.
Pros
Working with the clients
Cons
No set lunch break
awesome rewarding job
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Connersville, INMay 11, 2015
best job ive ever had, very rewarding, not the best pay but well worth the happiness you get from working there, not hard labor at all more brain and paperwork than anything
Fun and exciting workplace
Direct Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis MoMarch 4, 2015
Supervise and give physical support care and homemaking services to young adults and teenagers with severe mental health issues. Supervise clients in community while teaching them to be civilized citizens. Contributes and participates in the development of the program, policies and procedures; ensures a safe environment for staff and clients; understands, promotes and demonstrates a commitment to the philosophy of independent living, within the guidelines and operational standards
Pros
pay rate was great, all the overtime you want.
Cons
mandatory meeting every two weeks, clients have bad behaviors.
This company was terrible.
Direct support professional (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INFebruary 26, 2015
The Project Coordinator was very unreliable at taking care of any issues employees had. The shift you work is constantly changing, and you will get called in everyday because someone didn't show up. If you need a day off and find your own coverage, they would be calling to tell you that you need to come in because something is wrong. Most of the employees just sit outside and smoke. Employees make clients do things they don't want to do, and have no concerns for them whatsoever. I had a supervisor tell me to lie to a clients guardian about the meds they had or had not received. I would work 16 hours shifts with 4 wheel chair clients BY MYSELF! Not only is the hard on me, but also on the clients, as I was not able to give them all of the attention they needed. Terrible company. Constant drama.
Cons
everything
Helping Field
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Saint Marys, OHJanuary 27, 2015
If you enjoy being around fun loving clients AWS is the place for you. It is a rewarding job working with people with developmental disabilities. There are great highs and emotional lows. But through everthing it is worth the out come. The hardest part is when you have to move on to another postion or place of employment. Working with people you build a bond and change can be difficult.
Aws
DSP (Direct Support Professional) Supported Living (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INDecember 27, 2014
AWS is a great company to work for. Can be flexible with hours when needed and overall just great people. Working with AWS you learn something new everyday and everyday is something different.
Day program where clients come and receive services including assitance with activities, meals, toileting, and medication.
A.Wayne Administrative Teacher (AWAT) (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INDecember 15, 2014
My mornings consist of helping clients off the transportation vehicles and guiding them into the building. After consumers have gotten situated activities are provided for them. Examples of activities that the clients engage in are card games, crafts, sensory games, movies, and music. Lunch is served and then medicine is administered. Before we wind down staff members make sure that the consumers have been toileted and are ready for home. The last few task of the day are making sure the consumers have all their items to go home and filling out their books stating what they did for the day.
Pros
interaction with clients
Cons
low pay
productive ever changing work enviroment
Team leader/ house manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Marys, OHNovember 21, 2014
working one on one with MR/DD clients kept my daily routine always changing,
most of the staff was dependable,
Pros
room for growth
Cons
mostly eveing and over night hours
Typical Day
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort WayneNovember 17, 2014
Involved a review of previous days work, scheduling the next days activities, and making sure the client was doing alright.
Learning experince
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Creve Coeur, MONovember 15, 2014
helping patients while they where in the hospital receiving behavioral treatment
Excellent
Personal Assistant/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INNovember 5, 2014
Babysitting was an enjoyable experience for me. I had no qualms other than the distance was a a drive.
Pros
good pay for a young student at the time
Cons
not enough hours
I am thankful for the experience
Residential Manager at Group Homes (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INOctober 26, 2014
I enjoy my job and believe in the AWS mission statement. They have high standers for the care of there clients. I enjoy the fun things they do with and for them. The CEO and VP's and Regional directors are very involved in knowing what is going on in the group homes. All of the group homes are beautiful and kept in excellent condition.
Pros
suport of the people you work with
Cons
the on call
Beautiful HR Specialist
Behavior analyst (Current Employee) –  St. Louis MissouriOctober 24, 2014
The company is improving everyday. Lots of room to grow in this company. Administration is fantastic and good looking. Both behavior analyst have a great sense of humor and care about the clients. The PC's put their blood sweat and tears into every day. The direct care staff works as a team and takes feedback terrifically. Did I mention the human resources specialist is a goddess?
Pros
lots of room for growth
Cons
small refrigerator in the office
aws
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 15, 2014
this is a dead end job no raises , no hoilday pay , benfits are very high , management have a power trip
Pros
co workers
Cons
managment team sucks
House team Leader Anthony Wayne Services (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 10, 2014
I worked as a team leader of seven to eight individual, to co-ordinate care for a home. I scheduled, managed, and planned events. Attend leadership meeting, submit monthly report and evaluations.
help with disabled with special needs
member of team (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INSeptember 4, 2014
Direct Support Professional, AWS; South Bend, IN 11/2013 – Current
*Provide direct care to clients for their successful completion of daily activities *Administer medication to ensure client health and welfare *Perform as a member of team to prepare meals according to menu and help maintain upkeep of group home, including housekeeping duties & cleaning *Complete written documentation for presentations to peers and superiors *Communicate effectively to help clients out in the community *Lead clients to establish and achieve client goals
Pros
thriving with clients
Cons
down time
great work place
esnght (Current Employee) –  Columbus, INSeptember 2, 2014
a day at work is talking with clients , helping them out coping with everyday living skills , teaching them how to do things like cook , crafts . I have learned how to deal with stress , my manager is awesome to work with. there is really no hard part of my job. I enjoy interacting with people .
Pros
being around great people
Cons
health care

2.9