AWS

AWS Employer Reviews

help with disabled with special needs
member of team (Current Employee), South Bend, INSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: thriving with clients
Cons: down time
Direct Support Professional, AWS; South Bend, IN 11/2013 – Current
*Provide direct care to clients for their successful completion of daily activities *Administer medication to ensure client health and welfare *Perform as a member of team to prepare meals according to menu and help maintain upkeep of group home, including housekeeping duties & cleaning – more... *Complete written documentation for presentations to peers and superiors *Communicate effectively to help clients out in the community *Lead clients to establish and achieve client goals – less
great work place
esnght (Current Employee), Columbus, INSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: being around great people
Cons: health care
a day at work is talking with clients , helping them out coping with everyday living skills , teaching them how to do things like cook , crafts . I have learned how to deal with stress , my manager is awesome to work with. there is really no hard part of my job. I enjoy interacting with people .
Fun place to work
PDS (Current Employee), Columbus, INJuly 28, 2014
Pros: flexible scheduling
The supervisors are very flexible with scheduling and are very nice. It's a fun environment.
Great company
Employment Specialist (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJuly 27, 2014
Pros: travel
I loved AWS. They were Christian based and helped people improve their lives. That matched my goal for my job and in my personal life. I loved it there. Grew a lot, traveled, met great co workers and clients. I would work there again.
All I can say is really and upper management lazy
Dsp (Former Employee), Marion,INJuly 26, 2014
Pros: clients
Cons: management that are heartless
I loved the clients, management not so much they are controlling of the clients and dsps in marion indiana. Clients can't even make their own menus, have phone calls, or plan thei weekends when they have the right to. Dsps when off they call you ask you to come in then if you say NO that you have plans try try to make you and make you feel guilty. Old – more... management worked in dsps spots if they couldn't find coverage with no problems. New management parties together come in hungover and has not respect for anyone. It's ran by all female management that have a hatred for male staff. I feel for them. I hand to get out of there couldn't take the stress because I have better work ethics then that – less
working with clients with some kind of disability.
Homecare Caregiver (Current Employee), cincinnatiJuly 25, 2014
You are helping your clients with every day to day tasks. Such as house work, preparing meals, some clients need help with med's, and the clients to place they need or want to go.
A awarding job working with people with different disabilities
Team Leader (Former Employee), Marion, INJuly 23, 2014
: A typical day at work would to follow be to follow a schedule. Assit clients with ADL's. Look over daily documentation. Give scheduled time meds. Document daily. Keep overall management of client homes.
:I learned to keep on a schedule and to multi task.
:Most of the co-workers I had were good to work with and were trained appropriately for their – more... job.
:The hardest part of my job was to learn to react in a fast manner to a crisis situation when a client was having a behavior.
:The job overall was enjoyable and rewarding knowing that I was helping others and trying to help people to live as independently as possible. – less
Helping People
Personal Assistant (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJune 13, 2014
Pros: going places
Cons: breaking up fights
I worked in a group home setting and the home had about five ladies that lived there and they were all very different and from different backgrounds. They got along for the most part but when they didn't there would be fight, we would take the ladies banking and shopping and teach them how to cook also some of the ladies had jobs. 'so I really enjoyed – more... teaching the ladies life skills and it taught me how to manage others and to be a leader .The management made sure we kept up to date on our skills and sent the staff to plenty of work shops and training seminars – less
I had enjoyed AWS
Personal Assistant (Former Employee), South Bend, INJune 6, 2014
I enjoyed AWS at the time because I was going to school and their where flexible with me and that made it possible for me to concentrate on work without failing to do my duties while still going to school.
productive day at my work place
team leader (Current Employee), richmond indianaMay 19, 2014
A productive day at my job is when I come in I make sure the work area is clean and tidy. I make sure the floors are swept. I make sure all the walk ways are clear. I make sure all the work that is already done is put in the correct place to be shipped out. I manage all the clients to make sure the have work so the can make extra money for them selves. – more... I make sure all appointments are followed and they get there in a timely manner. I also have to know where all my clients are at all times.

I have learned a lot of things from this job. I have learned about different facilities as in factory's around the area and when they make and how they operate. I have learned how to supervise in especially in high stressed situations.

My co-workers are so great. we work as a team at all times. working in a place like this is essential. We all buckle down together and make sure we get our orders out in a timely manor.

The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the excitement in my clients when they get their pay checks. It is awesome that they have a place like this to help get them jobs out in the community and get them working and just for them to have something to do. coming to work for some is the high light of there day. – less
Easy Job
Team Leader (Former Employee), Columbus, INMay 14, 2014
Pros: easy job, breaks whenever you want, like being at home
Cons: poor communication
I loved my clients. Management did not seem to know what they are doing. Poor communication.
Productive and fun.
DSP (Former Employee), Saint Marys, OHMarch 3, 2014
Working with people to help them live as independently as possible. Always a good time with my clients, never a dull moment.
The job is pretty good
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: pretty good compensation and i love to help people
Cons: low hours
I have been working there for four years and have not had a raise or promotion. Sometimes you don't get all your hours.
catty
Direct Care Professional (Former Employee), Columbus, OHFebruary 3, 2014
Cons: everything
too many women with attitudes and too many selfish prideful individuals calling them selves supervisor
horrible management skills
Direct (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 2, 2014
Pros: the pay rate
Cons: no raises dead end job
No over time ,no Holiday pay , poo management skills this person saying this and the someone else is saying that to much confusing going on with in the company
All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy....
Regional Director (Former Employee), Santa FeOctober 28, 2013
Pros: good management structure
Cons: no respect for time off
Sell your soul and work for these guys
12 hour days
no sense of loyalty
Rewarding job with large, impersonal company
Program Coordinator (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INSeptember 25, 2013
Pros: rewarding work with people with special needs
Cons: low pay, long hours
This was a challenging job, but made easier if reliable and well trained staff could be attained. On-call 24 hours a day 7 days a week was expected and usually used by staff for unnecessary reasons if not properly trained to deal with their own jobs and challenges properly. No additional compensation was offered for on-call duties. Salary was only reflective – more... of working a 40 hour a week job, when in reality it was often a 50 or 60 hour week because of phone calls and covering shifts staff did not show up for.
Management and directors focused little on the needs of staff. Pay increases and bonuses were difficult to achieve. – less
Great entry level job
Direct Service Professional (Former Employee), Richmond, INSeptember 10, 2013
Pros: clients
Cons: short breaks
working in direct care takes quite a bit of patience. At AWS I had enjoyable time. The clients make the pay worth it.
I like working with the clients
DSP (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOAugust 13, 2013
Pros: the clients
Cons: no break are lunch for a 8 hour shift
My clients are why i stayed here they need someone to care.and my co-workers are wonderful. Management most of them do not even now who you are&sometime do not even speak to you.that's the hardest part of the job.I enjoy when a client do something good and i praze them for it and i see the light in ther eyes now that's why i do what i do.
worst job ever
direct support (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOAugust 5, 2013
Pros: decent pay
Cons: everything else
I worked for aws for about 4 months the supervisor there was young and inexperienced.the pay was 11.75 an hour and overtime was always available. the clients were truly crazy!

1 2 3