Axalta Coating Systems Employee Reviews

center city location
EA, Business Strategy and OEM Light Vehicles (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 24, 2016
this was not a nice place to work if you were not with the right manager. They were never clear in their requests so they were never satisfied. Some of my coworkers were nice.
Pros
the location was clean
Cons
then need a better management code of ethics
Great company to work for
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHAugust 28, 2016
I worked at the Toledo plant which was great. It was through a recruiting firm. They used to be DuPont and the plant I was at was basically a retirement home. The guys were awesome to work with. They all made great money, but me being through a recruiter made about a third of what they were making with no chance of being hired in and zero overtime. Other than that, if you can get your foot in the door with the company itself, it's definitely a place you can call a career and retire from
Pros
Relaxed work environment
Cons
No chance for advancement and no overtime
They need to weed out those that cannot change
Exempt (Current Employee) –  Front Royal, VAAugust 26, 2016
Management is pretty much a bunch of "good 'ol boys" from the DuPont era - probably why they are for sale now too. The new managers are trying to make it better but don't stand a chance against the "club". Sad part is we are losing good people.

We may have made it 35 years but at this rate maybe only another 8-10 at best.

Pay and benefits are good but the overall work atmosphere is terrible, full of bias and shooting from the hip rather than using any kind of data to make change or improvements. Plant Management tells you to go work at WalMart if you do not like it.

Avoid unless you have to or just until you can get out of this sight - although that is hard as advancement is few and far between.
Pros
good benefits and pay
Cons
terrible top plant management
Death camp atmosphere
Technician (Current Employee) –  Front Royal, VAAugust 21, 2016
Clueless management.
Good old boy mentality.
Stuck in the 80s
Treat shop floor employees like they are trash.
Human resource manager is a uncompassionate stiff.pkant manager tells employees go to Walmart and work if you don't like it.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management, backstabbers fake people
Upper management= Na zis
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Front Royal, VAAugust 18, 2016
The pay is decent but the constant rotating of shifts, the forced overtime, and the fact that employees must know their role and shut their mouths and bow down to upper management in all things makes this the worst place within 100 miles of Winchester to work at. There are "clique's" in each department and if you arent a part then silence is golden. If you respect yourself at all, stay far away.
Pros
Benefits, pay
Cons
Everything else especially the lazy upper management
Beware
HSE Specialist (Former Employee) –  Front Royal, VAJune 30, 2016
Great when still DuPont, now run a la 1950s style management, which goes well with their 1980s it management. Great pay and benefits, but employees are only incentivized on a personal level and make poor choices related to the good of the business, or staying ahead of the game. Every category of anything has its own manager and they don't talk to each other. They are also not afraid to turn employees to scape goats. Some good departments, but senior management a good ol boys club that glosses over real issues.
Pros
money, lower level employees, on site cafeteria.
Cons
Everything else, especially work life balance.
Tough work environment
Credit Manager (Current Employee) –  Glen Mills, PAJuly 28, 2015
A huge red tape company. The amount of politics that I see daily is sickening. Pays well but not worth the mental and emotional stress.
Nice work environment, users are friendly.
IT Desktop Support II / Desktop Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Mount Clemens, MIJuly 21, 2015
The work environment is really good and all peoples are friendly in this plant or facility. My co-worker are helpful because we do team work and help each other when not busy. Learned new software and so many things.
Dynamic and Productive Company
Senior Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMay 11, 2015
Paint, Coatings, Spray paint formulations in the Spray booth using a 1.2 tip Sata Jet spray paint gun, Measure viscosity of paint formulations loaded in lab, test the paint sprayed on panels after sprayed in booth for humidity resisitance, salt resistance, adhesion and various other testing applications
Has potential
Everyday worker (Current Employee) –  PAFebruary 16, 2015
Culture is changing from the old DuPont mindset - but more bottom up then top down. There are many very talented people throughout the company who make it a special place to work in everyday.
Pros
nice office environment
Cons
new talent will be restricted by old fashioned views
Was an interesting place to work and fun.
Quality Control Supervisor (Current Employee) –  HoustonJanuary 14, 2015
On a typical day, there was always something to do dealing with production problems and customer complaints. Time consuming with entering results dealing with the product. Most workers would assist coworkers.
Pros
safety recognitions of employees
Cons
overtime needed on short notice.
Well rounded place to work
Distribution Manager (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJanuary 6, 2015
Axalta is a huge company.

- Great people to work with.
- Might get a little repetitive.
- Growth is limited.
- Job security is a plus.
- Company is growing quickly!
Exciting Place to work. Wonderful people.
R&D Lab Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 28, 2014
I have been working at Axalta Coating Systems for 11 years in the Research & Development Dept. We are like one big happy family. I work with Safety, Regulatory, MSDS's, Color Matching. There is really no hard part of the job. I am always doing so many different things, that my day is very interesting. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with such wonderful people.
Dynamic place to work
Senior Program Management Consultant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 16, 2014
For the first year we worked towards cutting over all IT systems from DuPont which was a harrowing but fun experience. Now life has transitioned to more of a traditional IT shop and the focus is to get process and applications to maturity to support growing business.
Axalta Coating Systems
Production Coordinator (Former Employee) –  9800 Genard Rd. Houston Tx. 77041August 26, 2014
Days go by fast always busy
I learned very much since I started, I learned how to plot formulas in Excel and how to work under pressure.
Managers and Supervisors are very linnet
Co-workers are very friendly everyone in the Company gets along very well.
Enjoyable part its that we all work as a team.
Pros
bonus
Cons
short breaks
Many opportunities for new grads
Purchasing Associate (Current Employee) –  Glen Mills, PAAugust 4, 2014
Challenging workplace with many opportunities created a stimulating environment daily.
Working at Dupont (eventually Axalta) has given me the opportunity to grow and develop professionally.
Strategic Market Analyst (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MIMarch 17, 2014
Axalta has been a good place to work, there are great people and lots of challenges.
Pros
ability to grow and develop
Cons
short term focus now.
Fast-paced and positive work environment with work experience advancement
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 8, 2014
Everyday is a new learning experience
Safety is made top priority
Friendly co-workers and supervisors
Tons of opportunities for employees' to expand their working experience
A place with potential, but in flux
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Exton, PAFebruary 12, 2014
Company is newly spun-off, and the old, crusty-yet-reassuring culture is fading and being replaced by a very bottom-line-focused management. This is good and bad--job feels more vibrant, but benefits have been cut and it's become much more cut-throat. With the changes in accountability, one hopes it will continue to improve.
I am an asset everywhere that I go, because I never stop learning
Receiving / Senior Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 2, 2014
I learned to be laid back, that things are going to happen, just be safe and try to find a solution. Good employees are the most valuable part to any successful company.
Pros
good place to work
Cons
having to leave

2.7