Pharmacy Technician I
This role offers you the opportunity to play an influential and visible role as our company continues to grow!
AxelaCare Health Solutions is searching for individuals who have a drive to help patients and forward medicine through cutting edge outcomes technology and a patient-centric focus. In this role, you will need to be able to adjust to change and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills in order to succeed in our employee-focused company culture. Every employee is empowered to do whatever it takes to get the job done and at the center of our core values are our patients.
We have an outstanding opportunity to work for a fast-growing infusion therapy / specialty pharmacy organization, and are seeking a patient-focused Pharmacy Technician I with recent experience performing designated technical and clerical tasks associated with the preparation, labeling and dispensing of medications, including sterile admixtures and prepackaged or unit dose drugs; as well as tasks regarding pharmacy quality control, management of pharmacy records, inventory control and preparation of orders for drugs.
*The successful candidate will be able to*:
- Assist pharmacists in coordinating/scheduling preparation of sterile admixtures.
- Organize assigned work load to facilitate its accomplishment.
- Complete batch records and other pharmacy records as indicated.
- Verify completed batch records against the computer record.
- Prepare labels for sterile admixture and place with the respective batch record.
- Answer the telephone and take messages as indicated.
- Participate in department QA activities as requested.
- Perform other tasks or duties as requested.
What Else You'll Bring to the Table
In addition to the competencies detailed above, you'll need:
- High School diploma.
- Successful completion of an approved/accredited pharmacy technician training program desirable.
- Knowledge of basic drug terminology, pharmaceutical calculations, drug use and aseptic technique.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Possess good organizational and time-management skills.
- Proficient in data entry and use of a computer.
- Possess the ability and initiative to plan for and complete daily activities with minimal direction.
- Dependable in attendance and job performance.
- Ability to meet attendance, overtime, on-call, and other reliability requirements of the job.
What's in It for You
Great work environment -- we understand the importance of investing in the right people, infrastructure, and culture. We take pride in fostering a positive employee environment with employee growth and development a priority.
Work/life balance -- we are committed to helping you balance work with the other commitments in your life, and we'll make sure your workload is realistic. At the same time, we'll look to you to remain flexible when the situation calls for it.
We are very proud of the fact that AxelaCare employees are so engaged in our model of compassionate care that they have recommended friends & previous coworkers to join the AxelaCare team. Balancing your life and work at AxelaCare is fully realistic… it isn’t simply a slogan.
Excellent compensation -- in order to attract and retain top talent, we're proud to offer competitive
pay and generous benefits.
More About Your Role
To be sure we're providing a complete picture, here are some additional details about your role.
To excel in this role you will have the ability to combine business insights with technical expertise. You also will need to take a hands-on approach and contribute beyond your job description, as everyone at AxelaCare does. In addition, in order to be an outstanding Pharmacy Technician I, you will:
- Provide input regarding strategic direction as well as tactical solutions for how we best serve our patients.
- Employ excellent project management skills, including the ability to manage expectations.
- Communicate effectively with strategic business units and their staff, both one-on-one and in group settings.
- Embrace the AxelaCare vision and mission; we believe you will be in a position to influence our company for years to come.
If this sounds like the right mix of challenge and opportunity for you, and you meet the minimum qualifications, we want to hear from you!
Criminal / background investigation is required. Qualified individuals with a disability and veterans are encouraged to apply. EOE/AA.