6-12 Month Position with the possibility of extension
Axiem International is a Preferred Engineering Consulting Firm, with over 14 years of experience in placing top quality engineers, designers, and operational professionals at Fortune 500 Companies World-wide.
The Ideal Candidate for this Mechanical Engineering opportunity should have a background in mechanical design, specifically with pressure vessels or boilers. Design manipulation using Solidworks is required and any additional skills with FEA would be added value.
Provide Nuclear Engineering support to F&PT, Nuclear Engineering team. Engineer responsibilities include supporting further development of the nuclear program in Avon, along with supporting valve and parts fulfillment for nuclear customers.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Be able to perform FEA as well as Seismic and Weak Link analyses
- Experience with: Solidworks, ANSYS, MathCad
- Candidate must have the ability to manage time and work on multiple projects with little supervision in a fast-paced environment.
- Must also be able to work as a close team and collaborate with other writer(s).
- Must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder
Desired Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in control valve or valve design (Desired).
- Knowledge of: 10 CFR Part 50B, 10 CFR Part 21, Commercial Grade Dedication
- Experience with ASME Boiler & Pressure Vessel code Section III and Section IId, ASME QME-1
- Experience in nuclear industry - in engineering product design or procedure development for NRC compliance.