Temp to Permanent Position
Axiem International is a Preferred Engineering Consulting Firm, with over 14 years of experience in placing top Engineering, IT and Operational Professionals at Fortune 500 Companies World-Wide. Axiem will offer the following opportunity to the right qualified candidate:
The SQA Test Automation Engineer is a technical role that will jointly develop the Test Automation Strategies and code to provide maintainable, reusable and efficient test automation contributing to seamless, predictable, and accurate delivery of IT Services. They will ensure this automation is in compliance to governance of the SQA COE validation and testing processes, standards and methodologies. As this role will interact with various levels of technical, and business members communication, collaboration, and team work is essential for success. In addition, the ability to understand and communicate technical architecture and infrastructure is key.
SQA Automation plays a key role in a fast-paced development environment to facilitate quality and efficient product development via test automation. The candidate must be experienced with the open source technology and tools for test automation such as HP QTP, Silk Boreland, and SoapUI. This is an opportunity to be part of a team that builds highly interactive business applications that is used by many fortune 500 companies.
SQA Automation Engineer will perform complex analysis and programming activities, which may require extensive research.
- Create, extend, and refactor client's tests and automation.
- Identify the most appropriate implementation approach to testing according to the need of the project.
- Configure and run tests using the appropriate tool according to project / client.
- Examine the results of implementation and if necessary make the appropriate corrections.
- Configure and run the tests to verify the performance and record results.
- Develop customizations average complexity in implementation framework.
- Document test cases following SQA standards and practices
- Write, execute, and monitor automated tests during the development process.
- Analyze and decompose software systems and design appropriate test strategies.
- Discuss requirements/designs and participate in development meetings with an emphasis on requirement/designs completeness and test automation strategy.
- Coordinate with other SQA automation team members to ensure minimal duplication of efforts through maximum reuse of defined solutions
- Understand product architecture and align the design for the framework
- Responsible for compliance to defined architectural and development standards
- Proficient at decomposing requirements and developing test automation for projects of simple to high complexity
- Practices automation development efficiency, maintainability and reusability
- Continually manage and improve the coding standards
- Develops scripts according to the coding standards
- Provides accurate implementation level estimates and delivers on them
- Comprehends and contributes to high level requirements and designs
- Understands software quality best practices, test strategy and planning, test case development, test case deployment and execution, test data, defect tracking, and test automation; actively participates in process improvements
- Recognizes issues (e.g. with requirements, design, implementation, etc.) and works with appropriate resources to address and resolve.
Required Technical Skills:
- BS in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent industry experience.
- 5+ years of experience in the design of QA framework high-traffic, mission critical, applications.
- Basic coding expertise in an Object Oriented language (strong preference for C# but will consider C++ or Java).
- Minimum of 2 - 3 years of experience working with automation frameworks
- Must understand OO design concepts.
- Extensive automation experience with functional, regression, and performance testing tools.
- Experience with Robot Automation Framework
- Ability to comprehend complex system architectures and find creative approaches to testing them.
- Ability to write effective and reliable test automation scripts from requirement specifications.
- Experience with performance and scalability testing, latency testing a plus.
- Knowledge of basic methodology Processes Test Factory.
- Knowledge of the approaches and testing techniques.
- Debugging skills, diagnosis and adjustments to the code.
- Working knowledge with open source and with the open source community
- Strong familiarity with agile development methodologies and SDLC processes
- Strong QA fundamentals (both white- and black-box testing, agile process)
- Strong technical vision.
- Strong understanding of Linux, Databases, Rest API's, Client libraries using different platform (PHP, JAVA, Ruby on Rails, SQL Server, .NET, VBA, Access)
- Experience with Mainframe and Tandem a plus.
- Experience with Continuous Integration System is a plus
- Experience with Agile and/or SCRUM a plus
- Experience in end to end solution testing a plus
- Proficient in English - Basic Understanding of Spanish desirable
Indeed - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard