Axion Logistics Employee Reviews

Poor management. No care or concern for employees safety or well being
Project & Turnaround Warehouse Lead (Former Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXJuly 21, 2017
Typical day at work warehouse environment, shipping, receiving, forklift operator, communicating with vendors and refinery personnel.
I learned most of my job on my own. Not much on the job training from Axion. Employees worked together to help each other out.
Management is a joke. No warehouse experience at all. Cant rely on management to do whats best in any given situation. They only care about the contract they have with the refinery.
The workplace was great because of the people I worked with excluding Axion management.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with Axions incompetence.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the family I gained in my fellow co workers. What a great team we had until Axion management came in and destroyed for the sake of their contract.
Pros
9/80 Schedule
Cons
Terrible benefits
experience
tool room attendant (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 21, 2017
it was okay, had a problem with supervisor separation so quickly and u had learn a lot on ur own or figure it out. but it was ok. wish it had lasted a little longer on the job
Productive place to wrok
Receiving Clerk/Small Parts Attendant (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 11, 2017
The hours worked was exactly what I was looking for to better my living situation. I was able to move up fast in the company and enjoyed working with my coworkers due to the structure and order they had.
Pros
They rewarded us with gift cards
Just Say No
Delivery Technician (Current Employee) –  FreeportApril 27, 2017
Don't plan on making this your life career. You will get no where with this place. If you do choose to apply here, please have something else you're working towards. Something you can actually be proud of.
Pros
Cowokers are nice
Cons
No advancement, Management is terrible, pay is very low, you're on your own, No one is organized
Amateur hour
Warehouse Manager, warehouse receiving (Former Employee) –  MotivaMarch 30, 2017
Pay was a joke..... Insurance was equal to a house payment a month for family. Not employee friendly unless you have the good ole boy mentality. 2014 was when I was let go for a petty reason. Worked with other contractors at the same plant since 2008 with no problems. Good riddance to this poor excuse of a company.
Pros
Cons
Read review for just a taste of what a Mickey mouse company is like
Company does not follow through on what they say very poor management
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMarch 2, 2017
Concerns or issues go unresolved, leaders have very little to no experience. Very unorganized and non caring company.
Pros
Not much
Typical contract company
Corporate Safety Manager of Louisiana Operations (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LA 70816February 15, 2017
Nothing any different here as any of the other companies that I have reviewed. Senior management here did not keep there word regarding my contract which was nothing new.
The job is great
Trailer Technician (Former Employee) –  TxOctober 19, 2016
The pay rate is very good and they management is very well. And they are very understanding and the company is just great all the way around.
Horrible place to work
Bin Tech (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 7, 2016
I worked at this place going on 3 years at the office in Baton rouge, LA. Management is horrible if you're not in good or pets of the president and owner of the company your screwed. Everyone in management at the Baton Rouge office is very unprofessional. Most of the supervisors come out of a bar.
Pros
nothing good about this company
Cons
nothing
okay
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 27, 2016
Company is not consistent with available work. Friendly environment, pay is acceptable, and working turnarounds are motivating. I obtain very good work experience. However, I am seeking more stability with an growing, reputable company.
Material Handler 4
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Geismar, LAMay 31, 2016
This company is full is bull manure!!! They don't fall through with their promises, you cannot get a direct answer from ANYONE in management or administration, about anything. Hard work for this company does not and will not pay off but kissing behind does. They are very unorganized and have no structure..... I do not want to work for them again!
Productive and enjoyable workplace
Shipping and Receiving (Current Employee) –  Deer Park, TXApril 27, 2016
My workday consisted of 7am start, inspect the vehicles.
-Pull items requested for customers around the plant..
-inventory warehouse stock as needed.
-Ship and receive warehouse stock.

I learned to use the SAP inventory and receiving program.
Warehouse management is excellent, very helpful and create an excellent work environment.

My co workers are a joy to work with.

Hardest part of the job would be constant flow of incoming warehouse stock at times

The teamwork exhibited.
Pros
Constant Work
Cons
Pay
Good place to gain experience
material coordinator (Former Employee) –  Deer parkApril 5, 2016
Everything about this place is fine only thing is that the pay could be better. I come from the outside work environment and i like the people here and my job is much easier
Pros
inside warehouse
Cons
benefits suck
Nice place to work with good people
Material Controller (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXMarch 27, 2016
Running around helping customers, and co-workers.
Management is willing to help out where they can.
Co-workers are nice and fun to work with
The most enjoyable about the day is knowing you worked a good hard day, and helped someone's day become that much easier.
Pros
Job security
Cons
No advancement or raises
Axion
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 15, 2016
A lot of long hours will be expected for not much compensation. It is a good place to be when times are good, because you can work all over the gulf coast.
Great people/Great management
Material Handler @ BASF (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJanuary 26, 2016
Really enjoyed the people i worked with. Very relaxed atmosphere as long as you were doing your job. Great manager. Was able to take lunch without worrying about taking 30 second's too long as i have experienced with other companies.
Pros
Great employees, good work culture, good management
Cons
Very unorganized
Do not take a chance with this company, you will regret it.
material handler (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 14, 2016
This is an immature company at best. They have no integrity in the leadership. Do not trust anything they tell you and protect yourself if you decide to work for them.
Pros
Cons
Poor leadership, no integrity
Great Job, Bad Management and Office Personnel
Bin tech (Former Employee) –  Freeport, TXJanuary 6, 2016
Great Job but too many issues between Bin Techs, office personnel, and management. Someone always having to pick up certain people's job responsibilities with management not addressing the person. There is way too much personal life discussions rather than work with certain employees.
Pros
Great Hours
Cons
Office Personnel, Management
Good employment
material handler (Former Employee) –  Motiva Port ArthurJanuary 5, 2016
I had a good experience when i was working for them. They had a good working atmosphere and very safe. They always handled there saftey issues in a timely manner. The pay was low and benefits where high but management was working on changing that before i left. If i needed another job i would loon here first.
No room for advancement, shady actions from management.
HSE (Former Employee) –  TexasDecember 7, 2015
Worked there, management was shady, never kept their word. Safety is a joke, no real issues or hazard analysis are dealt with. Benefits and pay are low.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Bad benefits, no room to advanced, poor management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Axion Logistics. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5