Axion

Axion Employee Reviews

Good Temp Agency
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 18, 2015
Always had me working in various location of New York. Worked in different types of environment and adapted quickly. Learned a lot.
Axion is a temporary agency that usually help you find a job and provide your weekly pay, however I found the job myself.
Grant Accountant/Fiscal Monitor (Former Employee), Newark, NJJanuary 20, 2015
A typical day at work was very busy and fast pace. Over the past five years I've had as many as 22 agencies that need to be processed for payment. Reviewing the documentation for the correct back-up, checking the reports for accuracy and performance with procedures and regulations. Review operating budget to analyze trends affecting budget needs. Compile and analyze accounting records and other data to determine financial resources required to implement the program. Summarize budgets and submit recommendations for the approval or dis-approval of funds requested. Review forms for completeness, accuracy and file forms. Administer the non-compliance procedures. Enter and update contractual data in system. Process monthly expenditure reports and make sure back-up matches expenses. Process Purchase Orders for payment I learned how to schedule my day in order to get as much done in a day in order to help as many agencies with funds as possible. My co-workers were a great group of people to work with. Team work is very important, you get a lot more accomplish when you work together as well as communicate. The hardest part of my job is getting information need from the agencies in order to keep the process running smoothly. Most of the time I'm waiting on important information before I can request a PO for payment, however they are in need of the funds to pay their clients rent. The most important part of my job was to reimburse funds to the agencies in order for them to pay rent assistance for their clients on a timely basis, while keeping inline with the rules and regulations set by HUD.
My favorite temp agency
Legal File Clerk (Former Employee), New York CityOctober 17, 2014
Pros: friendly staff and very professional
Excellent staff and very professional, always had an assignment available. My first assignment was at a hospital which later hired me.
great food and people
Sales and Service (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 8, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: no breaks
food service, great people to work with
boss was great
liked being in heart of Chicago
the hostess was not very nice
cooks were great
Productive and active
Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYAugust 5, 2014
Working for axion is a good job to have. Beside the constant job placements, you get to learn different companies and different people. The hardest part of this job is going from place to place everyday not knowing where your going to work that day. The best park is the overall experience of different offices, people, companies etc.
I enjoy working in healthcare
House Manager (Current Employee), Conshohocken, PAAugust 5, 2014
Pros: every day is different
Cons: not always appreciated
There was never a dull moment always something new each day.
Stay away from parts dept
File Clerk & Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 28, 2014
Pros: work through lunch time
Cons: overworked
Great owner and supervisors management on the other hand is a little weird
A company that puts it's owner ahead of it's customers.
Field Technical Representative (Former Employee), Cranston, RIFebruary 8, 2014
Pros: a great in house technician.
Cons: technicians are forced to cheat thier customers in order to keep their jobs.
A company that cheats it's customers by forceing it's employees to do sub standard work.

December 16, 2014

As a former technician they failed to provide training to older technicians and cheated their customers on the contracts they sold. They often sold non brand supplys that created problrm in the equipment so that management could penalize the technicians. No pay increase after 8 years for anyone not in management.

Overall a good place to work.
Bin Tech (Former Employee), Midland, MIJanuary 14, 2014
The day consisted of delivering products to Dow Chemical. Management was good, just looking for advancement. I enjoyed my co workers. Heavy lifting was probably the most difficult part of my job. Was able to work independently
Good overall
Director, Operations (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 12, 2014
Pros: friendly people
Cons: environment
Good people. Lots of long term employees. People work very hard, very long hours and are very dedicated to what they do. People have good ownership of their quality of work.
Very unprofessional company
Healthcare Recruiter (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 19, 2013
I worked at Axion for about 6 months. Very unprofessional atmosphere! I would see people get let go everyday. I wouldn't recommend this agency to anyone!
I had lovely co-workers but that's about it.
I'm actually surprised this company is still in business, more than once we our paychecks not deposited into our accounts on payday! What a joke! How do they still have clients?
Autonomous Vehicle Development
Chief Engineer (Former Employee), San Diego, CANovember 6, 2013
Pros: cutting edge research
Cons: company no longer active
Great group of people with some impressive skills. This company build a vehicle that drove itself.
Recreation, attending lunch, movies, shopping mall
residential counselor (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 21, 2013
Pros: paid breaks, hands on, recreation
Cons: part time
Axion is an Agency that places employees in different locations with different companies which I worked at several. The sites that I was placed had great atmostpheres and I got along with all fellow co-workers. The most enjoyable part of the job was the time spent with each client and all the fun I had the pleasure of having with them. One of the hardest parts of the job was staying busy.
Unreachable expectations
Account Executive (Former Employee), Cranston, RIOctober 17, 2013
Pros: experience within sales
Cons: compensation, expectations and trust
The company was very small and a lot was expected from the sales reps but only one of the sales reps really had the trust of the company. Customers were expected to follow what the company wanted and training was very limited and not fully given.
I would recommend to the company for them to treat their employees better, their customers better and represent the product better.
Temp Agency
Administrative Assistant - St. Barnabas Hospital (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 28, 2013
Theres always more expectations from an agency . I was looking for a permanent job that did not come through . However, there assignments were okay & the pay was good. Needed the experience so I wont complain.
Great Managers
LPN (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 11, 2013
Pros: everybody is friendly and there is a real team feel.
Cons: time in between assignments is lengthy
I love the atmosphere and transparency of this company.
The professionalism can't be beat.
The company offers a great deal of support.
Do NOT work for this company
I would rather not say (Former Employee), HomeApril 15, 2013
Cons: emperor's new clothes
The staff hires you to do bogus work and conducts training online that tells you why you are doing what you are doing but not HOW.
I won't go into detail, but I believe that they fraudulently bill the clients for hours and also "pad" the hours or encourage the employees to.
Time sheets for us were excell spread sheets that are unsigned, so you can see the potential for a staff member at axion to turn in timesheets for work not actually done.
Do not work for them unless you want a legal hassle and to have to consult an attorney for advice about what I mentioned above.
I did not even rate management one star.
Looking for a job in local area.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Winchester, VASeptember 29, 2012
Pros: i have a job
Cons: hours, dont like late day shifts (different hours ea day.)
I am taking orders all day. The job is ok, but need more to keep busy. Would like to have other tasks to do then just be on phones all day. Wanted to work with accounting, payables or receivables, or clerical position.
great people, people really work hard there to get you employed
TEMPORARY STAFFING CONTRACTOR (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 3, 2012
They sent me to great places to work at
Great compensation
Friendly recruiters
No problems whatsoever
Fun Administrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Edison, NJJuly 15, 2012
The work enviroment was great. The job was very easy for me and work always got done inspite of everyone having a good time working as a team

About Axion

Established in 1983, AXION, has grown from a local sales center to a competitive consumer electronics (CE) importer & distributor – Read more

Axion Salaries