AXIS Insurance seeks an experienced underwriting professional at the Underwriter or Senior Underwriter level to join its Design Professional & Environmental (DP&E) team to market its Contractors Professional and Pollution Liability and Owner and Developer Protective Professional Indemnity insurance coverages.
As a member of the DP&E team, this position will work out of our downtown Los Angeles office and actively market, analyze, review, evaluate and monitor new and renewal accounts; exercise independent judgment in the processing of accounts; and manage underwriting activities. Specific responsibilities for our Professional Liability Underwriter include:
- Participates in prospecting through the identification of new business targets and opportunities, works closely with the producer/agent to ensure the department receives an opportunity to offer a proposal. Makes strategy recommendations to supervisor.
- Reviews and evaluates new and renewal business based upon company underwriting guidelines, competition and geographic focus. Develops strategy and makes recommendations.
- Reviews coverage requests provided by agent and determines department’s position relating to such requests within individual authority granted. Presents those outside authority to immediate supervisor for approval or guidance.
- Analyzes and underwrites individual risks. Develops appropriate limit structure, retention, pricing and endorsements within authority granted. Refers to supervisor for approval if outside authority.
- Manages personal book of business with regards to new lines, renewals and cross marketing of product lines within the department.
- Meets all divisional servicing objectives including but not limited to quote turnaround, policy issuance, phone management, file maintenance and documentation, etc. Maintains data integrity for underwriting system.
- Performs required marketing calls through regular broker visits on timely and frequent basis. Solicits new accounts, gathers market intelligence and provides up-to-date department information relating to products and services. Manages select agency relationships to ensure objectives are achieved.
- Performs all necessary travel as required for marketing calls as well as client meetings.
- Continues to develop and update product and underwriting knowledge.
- Maintains up-to-date familiarity with economic and legal factors comparing department’s lines of business and insurance industry.
- Participates in projects and performs other related work as required.
- Coordinates with regional marketing representatives and profit center representatives to allow for cross marketing.
The ideal candidate will possess a Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience, 3+ years of experience underwriting Contractors Professional Liability and Contractors Pollution Liability. Design Professional (A&E) underwriting experience would be considered a plus. Undewriters with commensurate experience as an E&O underwriter will also be considered.
Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills, a strong basis of financial analysis, proficiency in Microsoft Office suite applications, proven success in establishing broker relationships within the region (Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco, Portland, Seattle, Denver, Salt Lake City and Phoenix) and experience as a strong team player.
AXIS offers a very competitve benefits and compensation package and free parking.
Indeed - 13 months ago
AXIS Capital is the Bermuda-based holding company of the AXIS group of companies. AXIS Capital provides specialty insurance and reinsurance...