Axis Insurance

Axis Insurance Employee Reviews in United States

Computer Geek
Tableau Developer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 16, 2015
Indeed can get their own review, Working here is okay. My co-workers are smart and pretty good teammates. Most enjoyable part of the job is gaining expertise on my toolset, and work-life balance.
Pros
Good team that I work with
Cons
Contractor only
Fast Pace and Staffing Issues
Casualty Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMarch 27, 2015
A typical day at AXIS is hectic and fast paced. The hardest part of the job is we currently need at least two adjusters to properly handle the workload. The most enjoyable part of the job are my co-workers.
Disciplined underwriting company in a very soft market
Vice President of Casualty Underwriting (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 26, 2015
Professional culture within a flat reporting structure. Management is straight talking and with high leadership qualities. Very little field underwriting authority however, decision making is fast and the casualty underrwriters work as a team
Pros
flat company directline of communication to sr. underwriting leadership
Cons
recent merger with partner re leads to uncertainty regarding focus on p&c division
Good Company
Writer (Former Employee) –  Los AngelesSeptember 10, 2014
You can't go past fantastic value for money, easy applications, and great customer service. I had more cover than I thought I had and they were very attentive and polite when I needed them most.
Pros
attentive staff.
Excellent
Business Admin (Former Employee) –  Brussels, BelguimSeptember 7, 2014
It is a company that provides excellent service, great prices and people are very helpful. Consistently cheaper than other companies.
consistent and reliable
company accountant (Former Employee) –  Bay Road AXIS HouseSeptember 3, 2014
Axis Capital Group, Bermuda insurer is consistent and reliable; they follow through with their promises. I have had two claims and both were handled quickly and professionally with post-claim follow up.
Good benefits, good company overall
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJune 20, 2014
AXIS has great benefits, average management and good pay.
Job growth can be somewhat limited depending on the department you work in. Co-workers are good to work with.
The hardest part of the job is the expectation to work overtime with little, if any notice.
Pros
good benefits.
Cons
not much growth potential.
Axis is a good company to work for. The company has excellent salary and benefits.
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJuly 7, 2013
The co-workers are all friendly and enjoyable to work with. Management is also friendly and communicates to the employees on a regular basis.
Sound Financial Company, Management Stifling
BSA (Former Employee) –  AtlantaSeptember 25, 2012
Whilst company is quite sound, management is stifling. Most often no personal communication top down.
Pros
good money
Cons
management stifles creativity
Fun place to work
Office Administrator/ Customer Service Temp (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAApril 24, 2012
A day at Axis typically starts with filing and data entry. The good thing is that it was a steady routine daily. I learned the ends and outs of the company dealing with corporate insurance. The management is typically laid back and approachable. They are hard working people who expect nothing less than that in return from their employees. There was no hard part. The enjoyable part of the job was working with friendly people that felt like family.
Pros
fun friendly people
Cons
no benefits if you were a contract worker