The position will join a high-performing Product Development team working in a fast paced environment. This position will work closely with product mgmt, architects, software engineers, Ops & QA personnel.
In this role, the responsibilities will include the following:
*Provides day to day production support of Hadoop infrastructure including: Implement new Hadoop hardware infrastructure, Cluster maintenance, HDFS support and maintenance, Adding and removing cluster nodes, Backup and restores, Troubleshooting MapReduce Jobs as required, Cluster Monitoring and Troubleshooting, Manage and review Hadoop log file, and Filesystem management and monitoring.
- Hadoop Cluster capacity planning
- Provide support and troubleshooting for BI issues associated with Hadoop
- Work with the project and application development teams to implement new business initiatives as they relate to Hadoop
- Works with application teams to install operating system and Hadoop updates, patches, version upgrades as required. * Setup and maintain documentation and standards. * Owns the long term vision and evolution of the production database environment, and translates the database architect’s strategic direction, into the strategy for their domain
- Maintain a proactive attitude towards all database related work, improve existing processes, with emphasis on innovation
- Hands on experience with the Hadoop stack (MapReduce, Sqoop, Pig, Hive, Flume, Hbase)
- Qualified candidates will also express complex technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing. * Excellent written and verbal communication skills. * Proven ability to develop, design and implement architectures with high availability, operations supportability and scalability to support evolving IT organization. * Ability to work comfortably in highly varying levels of abstraction from business strategy to product strategy to high level technical design to detailed technical design to implementation. * Proven strong innovative and analytical skill with extensive implementation skills. * Ability to constantly uptake new technologies, experiment with them and implement them for the benefit of the development organization. * Working experience with Oracle Database, MS SQL and MySQL are strong plus
*Working experience with Cassandra, VoltDB and NoSQL are strong plus
*Experience with build management and continuous integration tools (Bamboo, Cruise Control, Continuum, Jenkins)
Minimum Qualifications: * Strong experience in performance analysis and improvement, capacity management, and automated monitoring. * Experience in being part of an agile software development organization * Experience working with high volume customer-facing products * Strong analytical and problem solving abilities * Team player with strong inter-personal skills