Successful candidates will likely have at least 5 years of experience in a professional capacity and a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field. This role may be based out of New York, Saint Paul or Alpharetta.
- Five (+) years of experience as a developer (lead developer would be a plus).
- Three (+) years of experience with C#/VB.NET with VB6 and VBA a plus.
- Five (+) years working with SQL Server (2008 R2/2012 preferred).
- Solid understanding of Relational and Dimensional databases.
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming (OOP) and computer science foundations, such as memory management and low-level algorithm performance.
- Deep knowledge of the .NET 4.x Framework, including Visual Studio 2010/2012, VB.NET, TFS 2010/2012.
- Strong knowledge of software implementation best practices.
- Strong experience designing and working with n-tier architectures along with some experience with service-oriented architectures (SOA).
- Ability to design and optimize SQL Server 2008/2012 stored procedures.
- Ability to adapt quickly to an existing, complex environment.
- Ability to quickly learn new concepts and software is necessary.
- Candidate should be a self-motivated, independent, detail oriented, responsible team-player and exhibit exceptional relationship management skills.
Preferable but not essential:
Knowledge of basic actuarial techniques/concepts
Experience working with ResQ software
- Manage the data flows between the Segment Data Marts to ResQ, including:
o Understanding, documenting, and supporting the Segments ResQ Import Tool (RIT) code (vb.net)
o Understanding, documenting, and supporting the inflow of data from Segments Data Mart into ResQ and outflow of ResQ to Group and Segment reporting databases.
- Implement IT best practice standards (connection strings, security, etc) for the RIT
- Enhance the underlying Segment reserve database/datamart schema supporting the RIT.
- Understand/Document all procedures running in the Segment Actuarial Sandbox including mappings and calculation of treaty level accruals
- Support Group Actuarial in build of Group Reporting Database
- Build and maintain a Group Reserving Documentation Database
- Liaise with Group and Segment IT on Reserving Framework Project and other future actuarial related IT projects.
- Utilize established development tools, guidelines and conventions including but not limited to Visual Studio, SQL Server and C#/VB.NET.
- Design, code and test new Windows and web software applications
- Enhance existing systems by analyzing business objectives, preparing an action plan and identifying areas for modification and improvement
- Maintain existing software systems by identifying and correcting software defects
- Investigate and develop skills in new technologies
- Create technical specifications and test plans
- Create new and extend existing operational documentation
- Consult colleagues concerning maintenance and performance of software systems
- Implement new software
Indeed - 15 months ago
copy to clipboard