Axon Energy Products Employee Reviews

Good company...
Electrical Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 10, 2016
I had a very nice and good work environment get along well with all my coworkers... all of them hard workers.
I just did not appreciate the long trips away from home... working 7 weeks on for 10 days off its a perfect recipe for divorce and kids going the wrong direction...
Pros
Great people
Cons
Long periods away from home
Great people to work with.
Receptionist & Switchboard (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 9, 2016
Axon is the kind of place you don't mind waking up and going to each work day.I learned that in the right kind of job, it can be a pleasure to work.
All of those in management were kind and pleasant people to work among. In the event that someone in the management was hard to get alone with, they were not there for long.
Most co-workers were very friendly.
The hardest part of this job was during lay-offs, having to say goodbye to such great people!
I could really be myself, let my personality shine.
Pros
Company sponsored events and occasional free lunches
Cons
Raises could have been a bit more.
Great working atmosphere, everyone friendly
Senior Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 18, 2016
I liked my job when I was there. Freedom to do your job, no one looking over your shoulder. You knew your job- did it no problem. When work was available ,plenty to do. Creative environment for continuous improvement. Safe shop. Everyone worked together.
Pros
help if needed, open door policy-work was good when we had it
Cons
no work
Axon EP
Customer Property Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 7, 2015
I enjoyed my time at Axon. Just like any job there were ups and downs.But overall I would recommend anyone to apply at Axon EP
Blow Out Preventers and Valve Assembly Production
Master Scheduler / Process Flow Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 26, 2015
Company is young but has potential.
Was my pleasure to work together with Engineering and Manufacturing to improve the processes, production, quality, and safety throughout the facility.
Pros
Manufacturing and Engineering are strong
Cons
Organization
Horrible place that does not give raises
CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXMay 10, 2015
This company doesn't care about your problems or your life. You get a cost of living raise every two years which at 17 a hour was 27 cents. My production was the top 10 in the shop even though I had only 3 years machining, still didn't get nothing. Guy next to me was so fat he could hardly stand up and made twice as much as me. Your just a number at this company,. nothing more. Also was wrongfully fired from this job but the twc came in and saved me. Thanks TWC.
Pros
none.
Cons
short breAks, cant smoke, short lunch, . 6 12 hour day weeks
Productive but Stressful Enviroment
Procurement Manger Axon Pressure Products (Former Employee) –  September 2011 through February 2015February 26, 2015
Arrive early, deal with emails from previous day, run MRP scheduled buys per buyer, sort and send to them. Review Buyers PO's sign and approve, if PO's were above my signature level, send to next level and follow-up. Work with Engineering on new product development and sales with new and ongoing orders. Continual Training on Procedures and adding new suppliers to and maintaining Approved Vendor List.

While working at Axon my knowledge was expanded with the BOP's and how important the product is to the drilling aspect of Exploration and Production Wells.

My co-workers were all very knowledgeable of their responsibilities and were pleasurable to work with. If there were problems, most all would work closely to correct these issues.

The hardest part of the job was keeping up wit the amount of emails received on a daily basis and stay on schedule with other daily activities, received in access of 100 emails on a daily basis.

The most enjoyable part of the day was communicating with the buyers, planners in resolving issues and problems. At the end of the day leaving the office feeling accomplishment.
Pros
Knowledgeable Employees
Cons
Not enough work force causing longer daily hours and weekend work
Poor company to work for
Admin (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 15, 2015
Co-workers are great to work with, but management is poor. Annual layoffs and minimal benefits with no raises or bonuses. Only two weeks paid time off per year, no sick time. Company finds every excuse they can to not pay you. Working conditions are horrible.
Blank on purpose
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 10, 2014
This is confidential and while I work at this company I will not comment.
I work with good co-workers and my job is very fast pace and exciting.
Waiting for them to crumble
QHSE Document Controller (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 7, 2014
I have nothing good to say about Axon. They have terrible leadership. This company will eventually be disbanded or sold.
Shoddy
Electrical Designer (Former Employee) –  Houston, txAugust 3, 2014
I worked as the electrical designer and found that the electrical engineers are clueless as to the requirements of Axon's industry. Over sizing wire and indecisive product utilization. And absolutely no management to speak of. As the designer, I had to manage myself. Being just a designer, I was privy to no information. Very frustrating
Pros
Great, friendly co-workers
Cons
Poor leadership
good company
Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 11, 2014
Good company for young enginneer, but lock some project management ablity.
Company is very clueless
Document Control Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston TxJanuary 17, 2014
Not sure if it is just my facility or all. but this company has alot of mistakes i worked in the documentation group and we never received the correct in formation to go into Databook. Customers were getting wrong information into their books because the shop men does not know what they are doing. If you ask around no one can give you an answer. I have never worked at a company that is so clueless about what is going on. They pay REALLY good. But the stress is not worth it.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Short lunch, No one knows anything.
Small Company Feel
Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 12, 2013
My experience so far with Axon has been an overall good one. The benefits are comparable to the most industries. The premiums are somewhate elevated but in this day and age this is the norm. The work is somewhat challenging but innovation is lacking but this the norm as well when dealing with the industry.
Pros
small company feel
Cons
benefits and technological innovation
Up and coming
Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Houston TXMay 1, 2012
The organization needs work but for an up-start in O&G of creating their own projects things look promising.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
organization

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Axon Energy Products. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9