Aya Healthcare Employee Reviews

great travel company
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kilmarnock, VAAugust 27, 2017
I have had 2 travel assignments with AYA, both with 2-3 extensions. My housing has been excellent, no pay issues, recruiter very interactive and available. I have no intentions of leaving AYA, even though some companies may offer slightly more money, the peace of mind with AYA while I am traveling is worth the loss.
Pros
Recruiter available, pay accurate and on time, housing excellent
Cons
slightly lower pay that some packages (I take insurance and housing though)
Great travel company
RN (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 25, 2017
For any nurse looking for a travel assignment, Aya is great. They will find you the assignment that best fits your life and work with you until you are happy.
Friendly professional staff
RN Travel Nurse (Current Employee) –  Ft. Worth, TXAugust 11, 2017
Supportive, friendly, staff, work hard to place you on assignments to meet your needs. Very adaptable to changes made often without hindering your relationship with your assigned recruiter.
Pros
ability to travel extensively
Cons
must be flexible
Professional Team
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 14, 2017
AYA was a great company to work for during my very first job after military retirement.
They were supportive and always friendly.
I miss working with the team.
above avg
OR Circulator/Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 13, 2017
Good company to work for with recruiters which try to suit the work location to personal preference. Enjoyed the opportunity to travel and see other cities and states.
Pros
travel
Cons
lengthy employment process
Would recommend Aya
RN (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAJuly 6, 2017
Honest and upfront recruiter, have never had issues with pay, communication or reimbursements. I would highly recommend travel nurses take the time to contact an Aya recruiter.
AYA is Great
Staff Agency Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 26, 2017
My recruiter was the best, and the support staff is very helpful! I really like the benefits, and they are always surprising us with little treats. Thanks AYA!
Great Place to Be!
Credentialing Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 30, 2017
Aya is an ideal place to work. There are free benefits and truly the teams at Aya are supportive and wonderful. This is a positive environment and fun!
Pros
Free benefits
June 5, 2017

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a reveiw and we are happy to have you on board!

loved my recruiter
Agency Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 22, 2017
I felt like my recruiter really listened to me and made things happen that I wanted. She heard my values and nonnegotiables and worked with me to design the best scenario for me. I would definitely work with this company in the future.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
longer assignments
May 30, 2017

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed working with your recruiter and we appreciate your review. We offer assignments of varying length, so if you are looking for something shorter please let us know!

Advancement
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 18, 2017
Only opportunity that Aya would have is to provide advancement opportunities for their employees instead of lateral moves. For example, provide career development guidance, and reviews to ensure that your employees are being promoted and provided with growth, instead of moved into lateral roles, or transitioned from role to role.
Pros
Everything.
Cons
Advancement, not communicating with employees
June 5, 2017

Thank you for your review. Taking the advice and suggestions from employees like you into account, we have instituted leadership training as well as provided software for employees to develop new skills. Everything from Excel training to a beginners course in Photoshop to management courses are available through this comprehensive software. We hire ambitious people who seek to advance their careers with Aya, and as we grow as a company we plan to continue to provide additional tools for them to do so. We also encourage employees to bring any ideas or concerns to their managers and to always feel comfortable approaching management to discuss career growth opportunities.

Great company
Travel nurse (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 25, 2017
Great company to work for. The hiring process was very smooth my recruiter and recruitment team were amazing and getting me settled in. Amazing travel opportunities along with great pay.
May 10, 2017

Thank you for your review! It makes us happy to know that you were happy traveling with us!

Great work environment - free healthy breakfast, lunch, work life balance
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 16, 2017
Aya is a great company that saw success in work life balance. They provided healthy organic food for all employees (breakfast, lunch, snacks). Everyone, including management had "the open door" policy. Management treated all employees with love and respect, which created a sense of loyalty. I would say the hardest part of this company was the growing pains. I came from the largest agency in the field that is very established however, Aya was getting there, which made it difficult to quickly move forward.
Pros
Free helathy meals, recognization, free trips
Cons
Growing pains from going to small to medium size
May 10, 2017

We appreciate your review and are gratified to know that you enjoyed working at Aya.

Awesome team work and great-coworkers
Psychiatric Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Northport, ALMarch 9, 2017
My recruiter at AYA was AWESOME!!! She was right on top of things and got things done in a timely and courteous manner. The compensation package was excellent!
May 10, 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to acknowledge your recruiter. Our recruiters work hard for their nurses and we appreciate your shout out!

Good company to work for
RN- NICU Travel (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 9, 2017
Great travel company. Honest with assignment and pay. Housing was safe. Recruiter was helpful and available. I would recommend this company to travelers.
May 10, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We are dedicated to creating exceptional experiences for our nurses and it is nice to hear that you enjoyed working with us. Happy travels!

Great location for work
Travel RN (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 12, 2016
New York University Langone Medical Center is a magnet hospital. They have been recognized as magnet I think three times and the only hospital yet to be recognized as magnet three times.
Aya Healthcare- Recruiter
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 10, 2016
Identifying and recruiting qualified nurses for nationwide positions by utilizing our industry leading technology.

Making outbound calls to potential and existing candidates by telephone and e-mail to qualify them for potential job opportunities.

Educating prospective candidates on the benefits of Travel and/or Per Diem nursing.

Generating candidate leads through planning and persistence.

Building and maintaining candidate relationships.
Pros
Full Benefits and Great Fun work environment.
Cons
Monotonous tasks
November 30, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to provide this summary or your duties. We are glad to hear that you are happy at Aya!

Great travel company!
Travel RN (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 30, 2016
Incredible recruiters that care for you as an employee and also as a person! Good pay and quick reimbursements. My recruiter always checks on me and in always available.
Pros
Personal service
Cons
Needs benefits above industry standard.
November 30, 2016

Thank you so much for your review! We are glad to have you with us.

Fast paced hospital with large amounts of sick patients.
Emergency room nurse (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 14, 2016
A typical day at the current hospital is a high paced, large acuity clientele that is cared for with the best nursing evidence based care. I work with a good team that is able to handle large traumas in a short period of time and transfer specialized patients to a higher level of care.
Pros
good team
Cons
unsafe neighborhood
November 30, 2016

We appreciate you taking the time to review your current facility. We hope you continue to enjoy this assignment and look forward to helping you find your next destination!

Travel Nursing
Travel Nurse Assignment in Arizona (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 11, 2016
This was my first assignment with Aya they made me feel comfortable and were available for me to ask questions. I would highly recommend this company to others.
November 30, 2016

Thank you! It's good to hear your first assignment was such a success!

Wonderful staffing agency.
RN Staff (Current Employee) –  MAOctober 3, 2016
Very friendly and compromising working experience, just minimal jobs available. Management does work very hard to find positions and calls frequently to check employment status,great group of people.
October 10, 2016

Thank you so much for your positive feedback. If there is anything more we can do regarding finding a job for you, please feel free to reach out. At the moment we have 10,000+ jobs available, so we should be able to help you find something amazing!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aya Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2