Ayco, A Goldman Sachs Company Employee Reviews

Good energy
Level II Intern (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYAugust 6, 2017
Good atmosphere, not a lot of room for advancement. Pay is heavily unbalanced towards account managers and almost everyone on the company is fighting for that position.
Great company
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 31, 2017
Your work environment can vary greatly based on the communication and flexibility of your team. Most teams work well together and the company (in most cases) will reorganize teams to increase productivity and cooperation.
Overall
Senior Financial Planner (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 29, 2017
Company provides great training for those looking to gain experience in the wealth management industry. The targeted market is corporate executives at fortune 1000 companies.
Operations analyst
Operations analyst (Former Employee) –  Latham, NYApril 26, 2017
This is easily the worst company I've ever worked for. Management is very unorganized and pulls you in different directions. And then once mistakes are made, it falls back on the lowest person in line. I was in the insurance division, definitely stay away from that. The other divisions like new accounts or annuities is alright. Less distinction by management.
Pros
Relaxed work environment
Cons
Management, pay, benefits, lack of direction
Honest review
Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYFebruary 22, 2017
To start the culture of Ayco is awesome. The environment is laid back, and not stressful (most of the time). I worked in policy services in the operations department. The job started great. The people were friendly, and there was a lot of information to learn. Around my fourth month, the mood started to change. The managers started picking out the mistakes I would make. However, the mistakes were all inevitable because there is NO training, whatsoever. The training is done on a "fly by the seat of your pants" basis. It seemed like everything anyone did, if it was done wrong, somehow fell back on me. The managers hold no responsibility for their own actions, they simply take advantage of the analysts and once they've gotten enough out of you they let you go. 6 people were in my position in the past 2 years... thats a terrible employee turnover rate. To conclude, the company is nice, but the policy services department, and operations as a whole should be avoided. Don't expect to be with the company for a long time. I ended up quitting before I could be fired. There was no opportunity for advancement, and the position was not as it was described by management and interviewers.
Pros
cafe, busy work makes the time go quick
Cons
management, strict and unclear rules, unfair distribution of work, lack of direction, etc.
Great environment and management
Summer Intern (Project Manager) (Former Employee) –  Menands, NYJanuary 7, 2017
I interned here as a senior in high school, they treated me as I were a full time employee and entrusted me as so. I very much enjoyed my team.
Provided thorough training regarding financial planning.
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYOctober 17, 2016
See review provided above for more details regarding this company and the position itself, including the day-to-day job functions.
Provides detailed training regarding financial planning topics.
Project Manager, Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYOctober 17, 2016
While in the Project Management role, I coordinated with internal and external stakeholders to increase usage for Ayco provided services by creating seminars and communication pieces for employees of Fortune 500 companies.

While in the Senior Analyst and Hybrid Speaker roles, I spoke with IBM employees over the phone to create a thorough financial plan. Additionally, I presented the seminars developed by the Project Management team to employees of Fortune 500 companies.
Ayco

-Available when needed

Co-workers
-Great

Hardest Part
-Multiple deadlines on several projects

Most Enjoyable
-Accomplishment
Pros
Great Company
Cons
Not One
Ayco
A Goldman Sachs Company, Financial Analyst Intern (Current Employee) –  Latham, NYDecember 30, 2015
If you're looking for a wall street type of field in the Capital District this is it! Typical day is different day to day. Learn a lot about investments. Management cares. Co-workers care. Hardest part is the low wage. Enjoy learning about investments.
Good Workplace
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYDecember 14, 2015
Good culture throughout the company with a young group of employees looking to make a mark in the financial industry. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping the clients that you thought you could not help.
Pros
good working enviroment
Cons
Salary, hours
Outstanding Company, Outstanding People
chief information officer (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYNovember 5, 2015
The Ayco Company, a subsidiary of Goldman Sachs, is a fantastic company, which i am proud to be part of. The business provides comprehensive financial planning to Fortune 1000 company executives
Support 4 executives in the Private Wealth Group
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 18, 2015
Even though I wasn't with Ayco for a long period, I knew it wasn't a good fit for me professionally.

I am the type of person that likes to be constantly busy and that wasn't the case at Ayco, also the executives were set in their ways and didn't like me being proactive for certain projects, because when I was proactive, I was told that this could cause harm to relationships that were established with those on the Goldman Sachs side.
A very nice place to work.
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 20, 2015
A very competitive place to work with many hard working tax professionals. Every day new challenges made me work harder for the company.
Only company I would ever consider for working in Wealth Management
Financial Analyst/Planner (Former Employee) –  Latham, NYJanuary 14, 2014
Very stressful and fast-paced environment without much time for a personal life. However, the trade-off is worth it for a young professional because you have access to powerful clients, incredible research and support, and rapid advancement for those who earn it. Compared to typical wealth management jobs, Ayco is unrivaled in the professional benefits and opportunities it gives its employees.
Pros
Tax Work; No Free Time; Occasionally Incompetent AM
Cons
Advancement; Money; Research / Support
Team-oriented professionals
Senior Tax Accountant (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJAugust 19, 2013
Friendly office environment with team-oriented professionals.
Many different avenues in private wealth management
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 22, 2013
As a financial analyst you get exposed to many different avenues in the financial world.
too big of a corporate culture
Quality Control and Training Officer (Former Employee) –  albany, nyNovember 17, 2012
not much room for advancement without having to travel; disliked red tape
Pros
great social environment
Cons
too many layers of executives; pay was awful
Financial Industry
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 1, 2012
Enjoyable environment and fast paced. Long hours during tax season.