Ayrshire Electronics Employee Reviews

Job 4
Electronics Dept. Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, KY 40769May 22, 2017
One of the best jobs I worked for. This was the first job I had when coming out of high school. The pay was low but the job was pretty good. Made some good friends. Management promised more that they could actually provide. We couldn't keep parts for the contracts we did have.
Pros
Good people to work with. Great machines.
Cons
low pay low benefits
Company bought and is now something else
Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARApril 17, 2017
Poster child for mismanagement. Often worked Saturdays only to have nothing to do on Monday. Managers were idiots and we thus had several mass layoffs. Pay was decent in some positions, and sweatshop wages in others. No raises really while I was there.
They had this idea of negotiating stupid contracts where we essentially paid the customer to do the work by dropping the customer's cost by so much every so months with the intent of "making it up in volume." It does not take a genius to realize with finite resources you will never make more product that a certain maximum. Another ridiculous notion was assigning "daily dollars" to each assembly line, so they were responsible for making so many dollars' worth of product each day, which lead to frantic switching around and other time-wasting. Some lines would pass incomplete assemblies down the line to claim (and sometime ship) them and leaving the next group holding the bag. More often than not, they products would end up reworked the next day (along with a production hit to their daily dollars). Repair costs were often more than the product price! Turnover was ridiculous. I remember above 90% in production at one time.
Pros
Occasionally, the owner would buy us lunch.
Cons
See above.
Long Term Career
Soldering Technician (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARSeptember 13, 2016
Normal day just inspecting parts and soldering This is a 12hr Shift

Learned to further my soldering skills, communication skills work in small groups and little to no supervision

Coworkers are Long term veterans work there for 10+ yrs great work environment

Hardest part is trying to stay up for 12 hours for three days straight
this was my first 12 hr job

Everything is about the job was great except the long 1 1/2 hour drive to work, and this was highway drive time drove from one state to another
Not an employee friendly company
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARAugust 10, 2016
Management pushes employees, compensation does not meet work demands. Company has been bought out by new company, do not know what is going to happen
I worked there 13 years so it was a good place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  742 Hwy 264 Springdale Ar 72764July 18, 2016
I would probably still be there if I hadn't got layed off. I had a lot of friends there. There's a lot of things you don't always agree with but you live with them a specially in a factory.
Pros
Had a hour for lunch. Had a great boss
Cons
I don't have any cons.
Decent
Hand solder (Current Employee) –  Oakdale, MNJanuary 20, 2016
Decent place to work for, but pays less than most. Close to the cities. Need to raise better. Overall okay, but still need work. A more fair to all employees would be good.
operations
Surface Mount Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Oakdale, MNApril 30, 2015
the training isnt very informational and often you run into problems on the line that you were never trained in to begin with. its things your expected to know.
Pros
Cons
all time off comes form pto (not limited to appointments)
Great place to work!!!
Senior production planner (Former Employee) –  Oakdale, MNAugust 28, 2014
Maybe with the new ownership that some of the leaders will be changed out!!! The workers are great there, They just need someone direction from management. Overall great business and with great customers with great products. Just lack of leadership.
Pros
it was close to home
Cons
lack of leadership
prodctive
Material handler (Former Employee) –  Oakdale, MNJune 9, 2014
data enrty, stocking, fort lifting
I learned how to train with the supervisor.The hardest thing about my job was finding parts, and the most enjoyable thing about my job was picking.
Pros
insereunce
Cons
finding parts
Fun place to work with focus on employee
Product Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARApril 27, 2014
Fun place to work with focus on the employee. Upper management did not defend employees against other members of management when employee was proven to be in the right
Pros
Fun place to work with focus on the employee.
Cons
Did not defend employeeswhen they were in the right
Factory work
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, KYApril 18, 2014
My days consisted of working directly with customers, setting up shipments with trucking companies and completing purchase orders.
Ayrshire was a nice place to work
Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Harrodsburg, KYMarch 4, 2014
This is a good company and has good managers and good employees which turn out a solid product and I was honored to have worked there. However, as with most companies I have worked with higher management knows very little of what actually happens on the floor and accepts things as fact when they are not true at all.
All employee BINGO Game
Electronic Assembler (Current Employee) –  Oakdale, MNFebruary 19, 2014
Learn how to do a good job at work and stay productive.
Management is some what fair to everyone else.
I get along with all my co-workers and Leads and Mannagers
Never had a hardest part of being at this job.
The most enjoyable part of this job is all employee picnics and the fun activities they do once in a while like holiday lunches and drawings.
Pros
Free Coffee, and Free Bread, Jelly and peanut butter
Cons
Benefits are going up. No Raises for potential duties.
Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  Corinth, MSDecember 8, 2013
I really enjoyed working there. There was a great group of people working there. I learned how to solder with an iron and heat gun. The toughest part was soldering very tiny components. The most enjoyable part was the satisfaction I got out of a tough days work.
Pros
Getting to work with a great group of people.
Cons
Not very many benefits
Everyday workplace with close relations to fellow workers.
Electronic Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Harrodsburg, KYNovember 5, 2013
Repetitive work environment from the start of the day till the end. Small work areas and used equipment. Co-workers can varry from being talkitive or hostile depending on the person and if they enjoy being there. I learned how to fix alot of equipment that varied from old to new.
Contract Electronics Manufacturer
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, AROctober 24, 2013
Basic high volume manufacturer environment and culture. Great team of people.
Pros
Interesting work
Cons
same challenges every day, negative enviroment
Ayrshire
Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARAugust 27, 2013
Small company, and ran like a small company. Company philosophy is general forward thinking, yet there's a glaring gap in investment, therefore stuck in the late 80's.
Well-established company with high employee morale and a fun atmosphere
Electronics Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Corinth, MSJuly 9, 2013
A typical day at work for me consisted of producing work instructions for employees on the floor, performing quality checks on the products assembled, assisting employees with their needs and concerns, and working with other engineers to better improve daily operations. Management was both easy-going and fun to work for. My co-workers were always enthusiastic and up-beat about their jobs. The hardest part of my job was trying to balance several projects daily in addition to making sure my co-workers were taken care of promptly. My most enjoyable part of my job was the ability to learn more about the career field that I had chosen.
Pros
1 hour lunches, excellent pay and benefits, flexibility during work hours, on-site gym
Cons
Interesting and varied work environment
Information Technologist (Current Employee) –  Oakdale, MNJanuary 16, 2013
Varied work day. Mostly coding, but also solving issues others might have getting their jobs done. Rarely any schedule activity other than an occasional meeting. The variety keeps me from getting bored.
Pros
freedom to schedule my activities to accomplish my responsibilities.
Cons
health care is barely adequate, vacation time minimal.
good place to work for
Line worker (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg KYDecember 12, 2012
Ayrshire Electronics was a good place to work for. Unfortunately they went out of business but overall it was a good place to work.