Aztec Employee Reviews

no comment
Maintenance Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 8, 2017
no comment . I learned a lot of information on how to supervise employees.. I learned how to complete tasks, and work with a very divers group of people.
good workplace to be
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 11, 2017
Good employer no question about that..ive been with them for almost 2 yrs and still going..they are the best non profit employer..they have 33 group home in glendale, peoria nd phoenix..we do care for those people with special needs, most of them they go to daily activities in the day..
Horrible management .
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 8, 2017
A typical days work consisted of dispensary of medcation, meal preparation, cleaning , documentation such as activity log, sleep log, MARs medications sheets, daily food in take.
Pros
Over time .
Cons
Issues with payment and checks reapeatedly had to go into front office, just to not be helped.
Emoitional Stress
Residential Service Aide (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 6, 2017
To much favoritism, put downs and cover ups from the state. A lot of bullying from upper management, a lot of disrespect and disregard to the employee.
Pros
The individuals are awesome
Cons
Favoritism and abuse, work bullying
Lovely clients
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 14, 2016
The clients are great, staff sucks need better comunations skills. Pretty easy work environment hours are fair . Take clients on outings so that's a plus great overtime hours. Great job for single mom's and college students. Can be a little over worked.
It was fun working with individuals that have special needs.
Residential Instructor (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZSeptember 19, 2016
We would show our clients to be dependable for themselves and we would take them on outings like bowling or to the movies thing like that and teach them how to be in public.
safe and productive environment.
Welder (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXJune 28, 2016
A typical day at work requires me to be there and half an hour earlier at the job site and to participate in a job safety analysis (JSA). As per job scope analysis i must identify the best course of action to complete a task in a safely and accurate manner. Following instructions as per safety guidelines. Use and handle tools appropriately. I learned to work accordingly with my peers and supervisors. Completing the project with zero incidents and rework.
Hard but fun job
Warehouse/Tear Down/Set Up (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXMay 19, 2016
I loved working here, it was hard work. Got to go a lot of places I wouldn't normally get to just to go, for setting up or tearing down. Only thing was you didn't always have work or if it was raining it was few hours in warehouse then home.
Pros
Learning new skills, people, going to places
Cons
Hours, benefits, pay
Great Data Center Solutions and Services experience, Wide range of client provide rich experiment of various end user environment.
System Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 16, 2016
- Comfortable Daily work environment.
- Great experience with a lot to learn in explore.
- Bad management and lack of staff support.
- Nice team to work with.
- Dealing with 150 + client different environment is a dilemma.
- Learning new technologies and skills was fun.
- Working in the Data Center was technically very rich experience.
- Office environment was really boring.
Pros
Innovation, Microsoft partnership and variety of working environment.
Cons
Mismanagement, lack of support and teamwork.
great work place interactive culturely balanced
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Peoria, AZMay 10, 2016
A typical day insist of watching disabled clients in their own homes. Learned to be more patient, more eyeopening on the disadvantages of being disabled. Co workers are amazing and exciting to work with very helpful when needed. hardest part of the job would be having to go home when it's time to clock out i mean you just want to stay as long as possible. most enjoyable part is walking through the front doors knowing that you are wanted b these clients....
Pros
free down time
Cons
long shifts
Fun workplace
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZSeptember 18, 2015
Aztec was a nice place to work. Fairly peaceful, yet they don't pay much. My job was to oversee and care for mentally disabled individuals at their residence. I assisted clients in addressing everyday personal needs. While also providing companionship on a daily basis by lending a ear or shoulder to lean on.
Pros
Staff Appreciation
Cons
Low Pay
good work environment
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNSeptember 18, 2015
good environment, a few long time workers slack and responsibilities get shirked, overall great company. recommend taking the opportunity if it is offered,
Opportunity to work with disabled individuals with a sincere desire to maintain daily living skills.
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 14, 2015
Observing individuals with disabilities to assist improvement on daily living skills. Learning styles are obtain differently with each individual. To create a style of learning for each individual.
Pros
Individual seeks more goals.
Cons
Attention span and to appy to your benefit when individual is receptive.
Lots of experience
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Romulus, MIMay 9, 2015
i enjoyed workig at this plant as well i was working through the temp agency and was sent for temporary work i wanted to be hired in the company
Janitorial at it's worst
Day Porter (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXFebruary 19, 2015
I wouldn't train my dog to do this job. Janitorial work is tough enough when involving office spaces or personal homes, but in an industrial environment, it becomes the 9th circle of Hades. Customers were constantly tracking mud/dirt into an area you already cleaned, would invade the restrooms while you were trying to clean them (ignoring barricades), then complain to your manager that the facility wasn't getting cleaned. Management would then grovel to the customer instead of standing up for us followed by a phenomenal tongue lashing.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Only if I Absolutely Had To
housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Oil and gas company in mont belviewFebruary 4, 2015
I worked there from dec 22 to feb 3 and the company is nothing to brag about. The pay sux, they hire you in for a specific shift and then later decide to cut hours on the team by making everyone take off one day a week and added weekends and cut out overtime. They limit the supplies you can use and then we get the blame for anything that is not done. Not Impressed with this company.
Pros
I worked with an awesome group of ladies.
Cons
everything else about the job
Aztec is a good company to work for...
HOUSEKEEPING (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXJanuary 25, 2015
The managerment was good and understanding ...And they will help you when needed..
Pros
Good company to work for
Cons
The pay is not that great...
Instructional Aide
Behavioral Health Instructor (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJanuary 9, 2015
My typical day at work consists with morning activities and daily assembling items for companies. My co-workers were hard workers. The hardest part of my job was lifting and carrying boxes from one side of the room to the other. The most enjoyable day was seeing the clients smiling faces.
This company no longer exisits
Support Services Manager- HCBS (Former Employee) –  Show Low, AZDecember 18, 2014
Company no longer exists. They are still in the valley but not associated with company that purchase them 10 years ago. I do not know if they are still in business in the valley but when they were here in the white mountains, I enjoyed working with the DD people, not so much with management
Its not a good place to work
Assisting individual (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZJuly 14, 2014
I learned that your co- worker can make up a store about you and the management will just take you out of work.