AZUSA PACIFIC UNIVERSITY

AZUSA PACIFIC UNIVERSITY Employer Reviews

APU
Graduate Student / Intern (Former Employee), Orange County, CAApril 1, 2014
Pros: graduate degree
Cons: devote 110% of your time to school life
Great school of Clinical Psychology - MA. Additionally, I did an internship with Outreach Concern, Inc. in which i counseled kids in the Huntington Beach Community.
Great people to work with
Supervisor/Data Processor (Current Employee), Azusa, CANovember 11, 2013
Pros: tuition discount
Cons: pay
Does not pay enough. But it has an amazing work life balance and environment.
Productive with keeping records up-to-date and accurate
Graduate Admissions Processing Manager (Current Employee), Azusa, CAOctober 23, 2013
Pros: tuition discounts, and quarterly activities
Cons: pay is low
The most enjoyable part of the job is the employees. I enjoy everyone I work with. I have learned 3 things from my position at APU. First, make everyone feel important, whether that is greeting them and keeping abreast to their lives. Second, seek to understand instead of accuse others. Thirdly, keep private things private. I also have learned a lot – more... about myself in my job for example I love to get things done and train. – less
APASO (Asian Pacific American Student Organization) emphasizes cultural awareness, diversity, and social justice
President of APASO (Current Employee), Azusa, CAOctober 11, 2013
Being a part of leadership at Azusa Pacific University has truly enhanced my leadership capabilities and has been both a rewarding and challenging experience.

As president of the Asian American club on campus (100% volunteer position), I have had the honor and privilege to work alongside a dedicated leadership team that promotes fellowship and community – more... among all members of the club. Our club is open to all students on campus, but we specifically emphasize issues regarding Asian American identity and aim to spread diverse cultural awareness throughout campus.

Every year our club hosts a campus-wide event filled with song, dance, and spoken word to celebrate the diverse and unique talents of individual students both within and outside our organization with the purpose of celebrating Asian American diversity. – less
Great campus to work on!
Chapel Accountability Administrator (Former Employee), Azusa, CAAugust 20, 2013
Pros: working with students.
Cons: salaries are not competitive.
I held a few different positions at APU. I enjoyed the managers I worked for and the interaction with students was a big benefit. The energy from college aged students is infectious and makes for a great work environment. It also makes for a noisy work environment! :-) I loved it. I grew professionally.
Great School!
Primary Stage Manager (Former Employee), Azusa, CAJune 3, 2013
Pros: great people and good times
Cons: late hours of work
APU has provided me a safe environment that challenged me to use skills I didn't even know I had! I learned a lot and am now better equipped for whats ahead!
A year you will never forget
Resident Advisor (Former Employee), Azusa, CAJune 2, 2013
My time as a resident advisor was one of the best years of my life so far. The support staff is encouraging and amazing. I learned so much about being a leader, learning how to work with others, when to step up, when to step down and to just live in the moment.
Good place with good values
Nursing Instructor (Current Employee), San Bernardino, CAJune 2, 2013
A place dedicated to helping students find their future. Flexible work arrangement for me as a nursing instructor
Great job on campus
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Azusa, CAMay 21, 2013
Pros: office was by classrooms
Cons: able to make money while attending university
Work with other staff and students. Excellent management to assist me with learning new jobs. Adjusted my work schedule to my class schedule.
I represented the university at marketing events. Organized confidential information into excel. Assisted faculty and staff.
Administrative Assistant - Temporary Full Time (Former Employee), Murrieta, CAMay 20, 2013
Typical day - open the center check all classrooms, unlock all offices and confidential files and retrieve phone messages and route to appropriate person or if you can handle the answer call prospective students with an answer. Organize your desk, check and answer emails. Be able to multitask and I was always asked to do research through the internet.
It – more... is very important to become a team player.
Overall I have enjoyed working with students and regardless if it directing them over the phone I direct them to appropriate resources.
I was always courteous to everyone. – less
Colleagues are more than workers.
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee), Murrieta, CAFebruary 26, 2013
Pros: continued to challenge my mind and time management.
Cons: learning new systems requirements on the fly.
Like any job,what you put into it is what you get out of it.
Lots of ways to prove your talents within this organization.
Supervisors are always there to support and lend a guiding hand.
Hardest part is balancing the amount of effort and family time.
Teaching here forces you to keep up with the latest technological resources available to the general – more... public. – less
Great Working environment
Student Safe Guard (Current Employee), Azusa, CaFebruary 19, 2013
Open and Lock up campus
Perimeter patrols 2 hours at a time
Interact with supervisors to give them feed back on what we see on the inside
The hardest part of the Job is the Standing for long periods of time. some times we will have to stand in one spot for 4 hours.
The most enjoyable part is the being around people on our campus. they really appriciate – more... what we do and we as employees enjoy a pat on the back every now and then. – less
Wonderful learning and teaching environment
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Azusa, CAFebruary 9, 2013
Pros: clinically based research taught and practiced on volunteer patients
Cons: non
Professional management and teaching of traditional and modern theories and skill sets.
Productive and fun workplace
Educational Mentor/Teacher Assistant (Former Employee), Azusa, CAOctober 18, 2012
• Assist faculty with student instruction, i.e. skills supervision, NCLEX review, health assessments and modeling professional nursing behaviors
• Emphasize relevance of course content and direct students to additional resources
• Stimulate interest, enthusiasm, and encourage student initiative
• Participate in 1:1 and group mentoring/tutoring
Productive, well-paced workplace
University Relations Graphic Design Intern (Former Employee), Azusa, CAJuly 18, 2012
This internship helped me get a hands-on learning experience with out-going print material. The office was small enough and offered a lot of one-on-one time with co-workers and supervisors. My one issue with this job was how short my internship term lasted.
A christian environment to grow
I used to work here (Current Employee), Azusa, CAJuly 5, 2012
Pros: the benefits are out of this world and july is half fridays
Cons: thepay can be better when you are at the bottom of totem pole, but they make it up in benefits
This is a great place to work, and being a christian private school, they only hire christians. Being a christian it was a delight. They really know how to cater to your spiritual needs.

As far the business side is concerned, definitely laced with Christian cultures and values. We try to help out students at the same time while upholding the letter – more... of the law. – less
Beginning of an IT Career
Manager of Student Services (Current Employee), Azusa, CAJune 18, 2012
Azusa Pacific University is most enjoyable because of the friendly people that you get to meet and work with. People are on the same page and adhere to the University's motto ("God First") as a collective.
Residence Director (Former Employee), Azusa, CAJune 18, 2012
Pros: community, staff tuition discount for grad school
Cons: well it's in azusa
I really enjoyed working here. Good people and a great community.
Not Too Good
Professor (Former Employee), AzusaJune 13, 2012
Pros: some wonderful co-workers
Cons: not a christian environment to work in
Money-driven. Talks about a Christian life, but doesn't live it. It it a very political environment. Advancement based on neighbors and school chums of the upper management.
fun workplace
Food Service Worker (Former Employee), Azusa, CAApril 3, 2012
Pros: free meal with each shift worked
Cons: depends on the shift you have to work, depends on which area you are assigned to
I enjoyed working here and found the staff treats the student workers very well.