Azusa Pacific University Employee Reviews

Excxellent School
Online Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  onlineSeptember 6, 2017
The curriculum is excellent and administration is dedicated to educational excellence. I enjoy the courses, the students and the other faculty members.
Mexico OutReach
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Baja CaliforniaSeptember 5, 2017
As a volunteer with Mexico Outreach, you will encounter something that many people may never see. You will interact with the nicest children and see how God can move in even the most poor of places.
Pros
Built great friendships, got to work with kids
The most enriching experience I've ever had
Azusa Pacific University, Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  Azusa, CAAugust 20, 2017
A typical day as a resident advisor at APU included conversations with residents and staff alike, relationship-building and community events. I learned how to plan for surprises and include others in the celebrations of daily life. Management was fantastic. Workplace culture was loving, kind and steadfast. The hardest part of the job was maintaining a strong rapport with every single resident and balancing being a student at the same time. The most enjoyable part of the job was being rewarded by the relationships that were built.
Pros
Good friendships
Cons
Limited employment season
good working environment
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 18, 2017
Good working environment: can work at home, work at my own pace, honest time card system, no stress, highly recommended to be a TA at APU, nice staff over all, very healthy work culture
Great co-workers and management
MEDIA & TECHNOLOGY TEAM LEAD (Former Employee) –  Azusa, CAAugust 14, 2017
Working part time was a great experience. Your hours are designed around your class schedule so work/life balance is great.

great but lazy co workers

boss is great, upper management is friendly and treats you well.
Pros
people
Cons
low pay
Its Work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Azusa, CAJuly 29, 2017
The Kids keep you going. Direct manager is smart and has a clear direction on where he want to go. Upper management is inconsistent and not willing to listen to what is working. They haven't experienced the position that we are in they just make ideas and theories that should fit but don't.
Awesome Company!
Great hours
Great benefits
Great city
Great local eateries
Great community from los angeles or inland empire
Discrimination , homophobic, hypocriate ,
Services (Current Employee) –  West campusJuly 3, 2017
Unethical, and double standards , favoritism, discrimination, and harassment ! Management covered up problems , conflict of interest overall managment was unprofessional and misconduct which was covered up. Micromanagement was the hardest part of the job . Enjoyed the customers.
Benefits
Cons
Do not say or speak if you see something it backfires
Got to build a state of the art imaging lab
Professor of Biology, EM Lab Technologist (Former Employee) –  Azusa, CAJune 30, 2017
The department allowed me to purchase and install 3 electron microscopes

The department had me teaching one on one microscope and thin sectioning to a variety of students

The department gave me 7 teaching contracts for undergraduate biology courses as an adjunct professor
Pros
good pay - fun work
Cons
late students!
Friendly and encouraging environment
2017 Scholarly Undergraduate Research Award (SURE) (Current Employee) –  Azusa, CAJune 14, 2017
The management is wonderful with many people who are supporting each other and ready to work with your own schedule. You get to do what you love with great people.
A lot of great people
IMTSS - Systems Manager (Former Employee) –  Azusa, CAJune 7, 2017
They do not hide their Christianity and embrace what that means even while in the work force. The management truly seems to care about their subordinates which creates a great atmosphere to work in.
Fun and friendly
Card Monitor (Former Employee) –  Azusa, CAMay 24, 2017
The job was great and the environment was caring. The leads were always understanding and worked with you. The director always gave encouraging words before every shift.
Azusa
Edit Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Azusa, CAApril 23, 2017
Great Place to work. I am a student worker. It is a pretty good life I like it. I would recommend this to someone else if they are looking for a great place to work.
Pros
Jesus
Cons
This was an adjunct position, teaching nursing to BSN students.
Adjunct Professor of Nursing (Former Employee) –  Azusa, CAApril 5, 2017
My day varied according to what was needed for that day. On some of the days, there was a lecture and then skills lab. I either listened to the lecture or gave the lecture. Then, I accompanied the students in the skills lab. In the lab, we taught how to give an injection, how to do a complete history and physical. We went over new procedures: for an example, how to put in a foley catheter. I also took 10 students to the hospital for their clinical rotations. I had to assign each student a patient and then help them as they became comfortable working with a hospitalized patient.
Pros
I enjoyed working with the students.
Cons
From semester to semester, you did not know what your next assignment would be. I found this difficult and ultimately, this was the biggest reason for my leaving this position.
Fun and productive work place. Great people and environment
Event services (Current Employee) –  Azusa, CAMarch 29, 2017
This is a great place to work. It not only helps you provide for your family, but you know that you are working at s place that is changing the world.
Perfect work for a student
Audio Technician (Former Employee) –  Azusa, CAMarch 14, 2017
I worked for Azusa Pacific University's IMT branch for the entirety of my student life. I started my second semester of my freshman year. I worked as an Audio Technician.

I worked as a Audio Assistant for my first few semesters. I would set up and tear down audio equipment we used every M/W/F. I was in charge of microphone placement, cable management, vast knowledge of audio equipment and music theory.

I loved my bosses. They were willing to help every student with navigating their class schedule. It is hard enough being a student and they understood that. There was one particular boss who was really difficult to work with but I learned how to respect his position and work with him.

The teamwork mentality really made this job what it was. This job was incredibly fun. I loved arriving to work where my friends and I had a common goal and worked together through the think and thin. This job allowed me to use my strengths while also working with some incredible people to solve any problem and do it quickly and accurately.

Hardest part of the job was learning all about sound and how it works. EQ, Compression, Phase, and the types of microphones just to name a few.

Best part were the coworkers and the people we were able to serve.
Pros
Knowledge of sound equipment, teamwork, communication, advancement in company
Cons
long hours, a lot of manual labor
Working at teh University
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Azusa, CAMarch 1, 2017
• Supervised the computer center in absence of faculty staff
• Tutored and assisted students with their class assignments in various computer subjects.
• Assisted professors with developing and writing custom business applications in Cobol and Basic
Pros
Helping and assisting
Cons
Working and studying at the same time
Im a student first
Campus Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Azusa, CAFebruary 19, 2017
I did not enjoy my time working for Campus safety at Azusa Pacific University. You can only work in four or eight hour shifts and they do not take your schooling into consideration
Pros
Best pay at school
Cons
everything else
Great place to work at for students
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Azusa, CAFebruary 16, 2017
Depending on who you work for, hours are flexible. Staff is excellent. Perks of working at APU include free CEU courses, depending on who you work for, free food sometimes, opportunity to advance education. Starting pay is minimum wage but increases substantially with advanced degree.
A great place to work and learn
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Azusa, CAJanuary 25, 2017
The workplace culture is amazing. People support and celebrate one another. Constructive feedback is always welcomed there.