INTRO to B&D FOODS
B&D manufactures tempura battered fully cooked meat and poultry items for retail, foodservice, and bulk (for further processing) customers. All of our items are whole muscle, premium products used for retail and foodservice meal kits, restaurants, and other applications. We produce primarily for customers in the United States and Canada, under a host of iconic brands.
POSITION – QUALITY CONTROL MANAGER
Responsible for overseeing and ensuring all quality and food safety programs/standards are being adhered to in the plant to include HACCP, SQF, quality monitoring programs and audits for produced products. Responsible for being knowledgeable of all USDA regulations concerning Meat, Poultry, and Labeling and effectively communicating and implementing corrective and preventative measures to stay in compliance. Use SPC to measure effectiveness of the Quality programs.
- Implement and oversee HACCP, SQF, GMP, and other food safety and quality programs for the plant.
- Establish programs using statistical process controls to monitor quality effectiveness.
- Provide leadership developing and directing Food Safety and Quality improvement initiatives for plant products and processes.
- Implement and maintain Quality Assurance programs with a focus on adherence, viability, functionality, and effectiveness
- Perform internal QA audits that are compliant with USDA directives and regulations.
- Conduct risk analysis, verification, and validation activities as applicable.
- Develops and implements new programs to meet the growth and changing needs for the plant.
- Develop, review, and maintain technical documentation, metrics, and quality audits.
- Manage day to day relationship with USDA on product quality matters.
- Liaison with auditors for the plant and ensure corrective actions and preventative measures are implemented.
- Ensure compliance with product specifications, labeling, and regulatory standards set by B&D, USDA and FDA. Establish programs to verify compliance.
- Prepare reports and documentation of inspections, audits, and problems/defects
- Ensure compliance /audit readiness – assist SQF Practitioner in reviewing all SOPs annually
DRIVE CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT
- Demonstrate continuous/quality improvement by developing methodology to improve processes and standards while meeting finished product specifications
- Conduct/monitor the testing and evaluation of new equipment and instructions in terms of meeting product specifications
- Track, report, and review the Quality Performance Indicators on a regular basis to drive continuous improvement.
- Manage cost of quality
- Monitor process capability against specifications and drive improvement utilizing statistical tools
- Conduct Effective Root cause analysis and implement corrective action and preventative action.
CONSUMER COMPLAINTS/QUALITY ISSUES RESOLUTION
- Lead customer/consumer complaint investigation and resolution
- Escalate early warnings of possible quality issues when discovered, and assist in resolving to prevent ongoing problems
- Direct management of quality staff – hire, mentor, and supervision. Supervise employees while maintaining compliance with EEOC and other human resource requirements.
- Develop schedules and resource allocations for QA related projects
- Ability to connect/influence plant management and plant workforce
- Communication of ideas/technical information in a easily understandable way
- Assessment of risk and appropriate/timely communication of risk
- 7-10 years in quality/food safety/manufacturing/sanitation management roles
- Understanding of the cost of quality
- Understanding of manufacturing process
- USDA FSIS Meat experience preferred
- BS Food Science/Engineering/Chemistry other relevant sciences. Experience may be used in place of schooling.
- Food Safety and Regulatory requirements
- Fundamental statistics (DMAIC Process/DFSS/Lean/metrology/MSA/sampling procedures)
- HACCP certified preferred
Indeed - 21 months ago
INTRO to B&D FOODS
B&D manufactures tempura battered fully cooked meat and poultry items for retail, foodservice, and bulk (for...