The Senior Sales Manager role is a fast paced, challenging position that offers lots of variety, mobility and competitive drive to get things done. We are seeking a candidate that is independent, likes challenges, performance based, self motivated and ambitious. Your personal growth will depend on you and your success in the role.
The Role: The Senior Sales Position will oversee 2 full service hotels, the Crown Plaza National and the Holiday Inn National.
This individual is responsible for selling the total hotels and conference centers in active support in the rooms and catering yield efforts. Focus on championing customer and owner objectives in support of Our Quality Pledge and Standards of Service and the hotels Mission Statement is of paramount importance. This position requires active participation in the direct sales effort with focus on market priorities under the guidance and supervision of the Regional Director of Sales. The Regional Sr. Sales Manager is expected to have direct involvement with clients. This position requires an active, aggressive, and self-motivated individual.
1. Generate maximum revenue in the rooms and/or catering departments through achievement of specific revenue booking goal levels in support of the hotels established yield strategies.
2. Actively support the Aggressive Revenue Growth element of the properties and company Mission Statements by championing assigned market segments and priorities.
3. Provide proactive client service and timely follow up that meets or exceeds company standards.
4. Achieve the Human Resources goals for the Regional Sales departments.
5. Contribute toward the maintenance of a professional and ethical image for the Regional Sales Office of the hotel.
6. Function as a key member of the Regional Sales Office.
The effectiveness of the Regional Sr. Sales Manager will be measured by the achievement of the following goals:
1. The individual revenue sales call booking goal and overall hotel revenue performance.
2. Operational professionalism and effectiveness as measured by achievement of individual revenue booking and contribution to client satisfaction.
3. The timely achievement of revenue and sales call bookings goals.
4. Timely achievement of specific action plans detailed in the annual business plan and quad goal planning process.
5. Active support of rate and yield strategies.
Experience: A track record of success in direct sales in the hotel with 3-5 years experience, ability to be a team leader.
Education: College Education (2 years)
1. Demonstrated sales ability
2. "Do it now and yes I can approach.
3. "Guest first" approach
4. Outgoing inquisitive personality
5. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
6. Goal oriented
7. Demonstrated closing skills.
1. Direct sales experience in a full service hotel of a comparable (or upscale) brand, market position, average rate level and appropriate hands on market segment experience.
2. Bachelor degree in Hotel/Restaurant Management.
3. Operational/service background or orientation.
4. Knowledge of DMPE – sales & catering automation system.