BAE Systems Employee Reviews

Excellent productive team members and management!!
Engineering Technologist II (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJanuary 15, 2018
Typical day at work is reviewing emails in reference to the tasks at hand and responding or taking appropriate action.
I better learned use of MS Access, interpretation of ship drawings and applicable specifications.
The workplace culture is great and provides a great place to work and interact with customers and team members.
The hardest part is travel for long periods of time away from my home base and family.
The most enjoyable part of my job is researching, learning and providing that knowledge to team members. Having been in the Navy for nearly 24 years, it is still years later a significant aspect of my being and I enjoy continuing to assist the Navy and Navy personnel as a civilian going on nearly 14 years.
Pros
Team concept and interaction
Cons
Extended travel away from home base.
Senior Chemical Operator (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNJanuary 15, 2018
Good place to work with friendly people, plenty of hours, and excellent benefits. I worked a 12 hour swing shift which allowed for plenty of time off in addition to vacation. Safety and security was a priority. There was good communication between management and the workforce.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Worked short-handed sometimes
One of the best jobs I ever had
Director of Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJJanuary 11, 2018
I worked for a very progressive and exceptional boss. He set a tone of collaboration, professionalism and motivation. Had it not been for the aerospace environment in 2010 I would never had left. Great staff. Loved this job.
sheetmetal fitter
Journyman- Sheet Metal Fitter (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 10, 2018
good place to start working in various new trades can be stressfull high volume of workers and noise managment wasnt always the best on comunicating with eachother alot of re work and miscomunication
productive yet educational and fun in one workplace
CTR Group Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJanuary 9, 2018
A high productivity workplace with lots of employees working together to meet one common goal. A typical work day may consist of anything repairing a large vessel to a full overhaul on a small vessel. Its a good place to work.
Pros
several places to eat lunch
Cons
limited parking
Fun and great work
Assembler II (Former Employee) –  Sealy, TXJanuary 8, 2018
This was a fun place to work at. Everyone got along and there was always over time to those who wanted and needed it. Unfortunate, company was relocated.
Great Company/ Horrible Management
Government Property Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 8, 2018
My title pretty much sums it up. I love my company but the management ruins it for me. Management is hired from outside, trained by those of us who work day to day, and its a train wreck waiting to happen. Some management that has been hired in recently takes the word POWER to the extreme. Its never the company who runs people away, but those trusted to manage do.

The work/family life balance is great for the most part, but that has more to do with the company then it does with the immediate management.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Underpaid
Good place to learn
Rigger (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJanuary 7, 2018
Good place to work for never had a problem with no one.Wish I couldve stayed.Everybody was friendly we all help each other out just a nice we got the job done
ammunition site
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXJanuary 7, 2018
Worked on a military installation at an ammunition site. 95% of the day you are outside depending on the weather. Management was strict and by the book. Issued/received munitions to 3rd parties on a daily basis.
I found that working with BAE, there was availability for advancement
System Administrator II (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 6, 2018
I found that working with BAE, there was availability for advancement. Especially I while being deployed. I was also prepared medically for deplyment.
Pros
With help with advacement
Cons
Deployed a lot
Productive and fun workplace
Community Relations/Communications/Event Planning (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 3, 2018
Productive and fun workplace with a 9/80 work schedule that allows for three-day weekends every other Friday. Overall benefits package and salaries are competitive within the industry.
Pros
9/80 work schedule
Cons
Very east coast centric
Loved working at this company!
Web/Domino Developer (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAJanuary 2, 2018
BAE Systems was like a family oriented company. I loved working here! They tend to recognize talent but also neglected to see employees lacking talent which proved costly.
Temporary position
Accounting Clerk IV (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDJanuary 2, 2018
The Accounts Payable department was relaxed but professional. The staff members got along very well with management and we were well informed. Management was knowledgeable and very engaged with their staff.
Pros
Very nice company
Cons
Hired with the knowledge that my position was temporary
Good Company
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Springfield, VAJanuary 2, 2018
It is a good company. Like many defense contracts if you don't have a program you don't have a job. You have a government customer so you are at the mercy of that mission and the budget associated with it.
Pros
pay is good
Cons
security is not
A lot of people working in a small area
1st Class Pipe Welder (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 1, 2018
it was a lot of welding pipe and structural beams really confined spaces and it was really hot in the summer time had to learn to mirror weld and a lot of position welds
Pros
right on the st johns river
Cons
very dirty work environment
Challenging environment
Material Planner (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VADecember 29, 2017
A typical day at BAE is stressless. I'm learning new things everyday. The leadership is awesome and they like to get things right. My environment is comfortable. The hardest part of the job is not coming to work giving BAE all that i have everyday. To sum this job up, i would have to say, it's a peaceful and harmony job.
Pros
Oppertunities
Cons
Mentorship
wornderfull work environment!!
CM Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 29, 2017
BAE is one of the TOP 5 companies I ever worked for, organized, awesome 401K plan, metro accessible, teleworking available, professional environment.
Gov Contract
Cost Monitor Analyst (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 28, 2017
Well established Governmental Agency new position was created I was the first in this business role, well put together by myself promoted into the Management evaluation Dept still with no salary increase others around me (doing less work) making almost doubling my salary, layoff was unexpected neither Management was aware of layoff
Great Workplace
Systems Integration Analyst/ Senior Level (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 26, 2017
BAE Systems is a fast paced
Network,Security,Engineering training was provided
Team building and collaborative workplace
Easygoing job
Great people with beautiful personalities
Pros
Free Weekly luncheons; comfortable networking culture.
Cons
Best place to work.
Not bad
Field Engineer/ Tester (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCDecember 26, 2017
This was a great company to work for until they started hiring managers who had not people skills or know how to run their projects. Do be warn this is a cut-throat company when it comes to promotions.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BAE Systems. Our community is ready to answer.