BAE Systems Employee Reviews

Found 1,511 reviews matching the search
Management is not willing to train
Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 15, 2017
I worked there as a contractor for about 2 months after the 3rd week management was demanding we increase our work productivity when there was not enough training to complete the work. If you're not who they like they will make you out to be the worst employee. They will only "train" you if you keep making the same errors when it could have been explained correctly the first time. And permanent employees are not willing to help you.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Everyone is out for themselves
Fast Paced Mission
Full-Motion Video Analyst (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAJanuary 27, 2017
The position was in the middle of the Metro-DC area. There was a ton of traffic (daily), rude drivers, daily accidents, parking lots are nightmares and you always get some kind of ding on your car no matter what you do. The positions was a fulfilling one, fast paced, and exciting but the schedule was so bad that the employees had to print out the schedule for the entire yearly just to know when to show up to work and the schedule flipped from days to nights every other month.
Good Job Security, No Upward Movement
SCA WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  ‘Ewa Beach, HIJanuary 17, 2017
Good job as far as security but no upward movement. This is the type of job in which individuals stay their whole career. The management tends to micro manage the day to day operations but the manager has been there for 30 years. So as long as you're patient, it's not a bad place to work. High turnover rate though due to micro management.
Pros
Very good working relationship with people who actually care about each other
Cons
Management micro manages on a constant basis. If you're patient, you'll be fine.
Overworked Disorganized
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  York, PAFebruary 17, 2017
BAE recently cutting employee vacation and benefits. Lack of holidays.

Long hours typically 80 hour weeks. Uneducated leadership in finance only promote FDLPs that do not have the basic qualifications to be a level 1 analyst let alone high level manager. Constant scrutiny from customer and audit failures. Tools super outdated creating manual processes. High stress and lack of educated leadership creates hostile work environment constant arguing over path forwards. Typically choosing the wrong path.

Low raises. Do not work here.
Cons
Long hours, no profit sharing, accured PTO, terrible tools and processes
It was interesting, I thoroughly enjoyed what I was doing for work.
FULL MOTION VIDEO ANALYST (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAJanuary 26, 2017
I worked in a watch floor environment, while multi-tasking doing high activity work. I learned that everyone learns differently and that you need to make something happen if you want it. Where I was located and the way it was managed, could use a lot of work. The standards are not in place as they should and everyone is not help to the same expectations. The hardest part of the job was finding "your own rhythm" while everyone around you has something negative to say about the way you are doing things. The most enjoyable part was the mission itself and being apart of it.
Horrible Company
Forensic Investigator (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 12, 2017
Worked for this company 10 year seen management, hr, senior level management cover up time fraud. Their benefits have really gone down over the years, Healthcare is horrible for such a multi billion dollar company. Seen co workers stab each other in the back instead of working as a team. Management prefers this kind of performance.
Seen people put in positions that they are not qualified for just so they don't have to put the effort in to hiring someone outside the company.
Pros
Cons
healthcare, management
As a subcontractor for BAE I was treated very professionally and fair!
Site Lead & Senior Instructor Camp Brown AFG (Former Employee) –  Spring Lake, NCJanuary 5, 2017
The typical day at work consisted of training on new equipment and having very close and direct professional oversight. For the most part the management was very fair and professional, but there were time that were taxing, but that is with any job. The hardest part of the job was being a subcontractor for BAE and not having a definite job after current contract was complete. The most enjoyable part of my job was the people that i did work with, a bunch professionals and good individuals.
Pros
leadership, co-workers, pay
Cons
after contract no guaranteed job
The shipyard
Welding Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJanuary 30, 2017
I came here right after high school and started as a welding apprentice. I have been given opportunities to earn money that allowed me to buy my home. This job has also allowed me to travel to California, Hawaii, and Florida for work. But with every rose that has its thorns, this shipyard has a few of its own.
Pros
Good pay, friendly employees
Cons
Union has spoiled people, hard working people still work hard while laziness has no repercussion
Busy for now
Senior Supply Chain Analyst (Current Employee) –  York, PADecember 30, 2016
Like many defense contractors, BAE has it's business peaks and valleys. I was laid off during a valley and rehired during an upswing. I came back at a lower grade level in a different department than before making much less money.

I work under a 9/80 work schedule meaning we get every other Friday off, which is very nice. Not all departments do (such as manufacturing), so be aware of that. Other benefits are pretty good, especially BAE's 401(k) marching contribution. Overall, it is a good place to work.
Stable Contracting Firm
Programmer Analyst IV (Former Employee) –  Lanham MDDecember 30, 2016
Contractor for Internal Revenue Service. Knowledge and experience are the keys to carrying out the Treasury mission. Treasury offers on-the-job training, supervisory and management training, executive development and specialized training. These developmental opportunities provide you with unprecedented opportunities to gain expert knowledge, develop your career, and stay a step ahead of changing technology and industry.
Pros
Stable Contracts
Cons
very productive fun work place
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Sealy, TXFebruary 11, 2017
we assembled part for trucks for iraq we built trucks from ground up i was a trainer i learned how to teach and train employees how to do there job efficiently and sucessly management was awsome very strick but was very great on helping us acheive the goal of the day the hardest part of job was criteria and timming very fast paced the funnest part of job is driving them off track withh commplishment and accuracy
Great place to work in!
Software Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Endicott, NYDecember 19, 2016
It's the company that gave me my first programming job and although the contract was short-lived. The supervisors there were all very helpful and they guide you on how to do your job. However, because it's a motley crew of temp workers, it's a dog-eat-dog environment and everyone is our for themselves so they can become a permanent employee. It's basically "Survivor" in the IT department.
Pros
Wonderful cubicles, friendly and helpful supervisors
Cons
There are too many sharks in the water.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  FiltonJanuary 28, 2017
As a US ex-pat I was well respected and was able to easily integrate with my colleagues at British Aerospace. Management was very supportive. The workplace culture was all business, as expected but, the team also knew how to have fun. Everyone took ownership of their assigned workload and delivered on time.
Pros
Travel allowance for ex-pats
Cons
Post-contract support was not delivered as promised
Very productive on any task. Work well with others. Never had a problem with any other personel on any tasks.
SCA Engineering Tech II (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJanuary 29, 2017
Been with BAE for 6 years and have not advanced and several others there have maxxed out their advancement due to company doesnt look at skilled work. Rather see a person with a degree and no background in what ever it maybe in have a management position.
Pros
Full time job
Cons
Healthcare no advancement
Great company and benefits. Defense contract centric.
Provisioning / Sr. Logistics Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sealy, TXJanuary 6, 2017
Wonderful thriving company with unlimited potential for employees, if contract is stable. Loss of contract led to massive layoffs and eventual plant closure (in Texas). Did not appreciate Management providing false hope and Plant Manager vacating early.
Benefits
Cons
Job Stability too volatile (limited Government contract(s)).
Beautiful location, with cafeteria on the first floor with awesome food selections.
Senior Import/Export Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 27, 2016
Experienced a hostile work environment with my co-worker, who felt I had "oversold" my skills and experience and was therefore not worth the air I was breathing in our small office. Management felt otherwise. Funny, that co-worker no longer works for BAE... karma strikes again.
Pros
Free lunch and birthday party for all in our month.
Cons
Hostile work environment from 1 co-worker, who is no longer with the company after I resigned.
productive teamwork accountable
Logistic Specialist (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXDecember 6, 2016
the morning we would complete order supply, package it up shipment and receive shipments that were order inventory to make for everything is right and give the equipment to our teams> inventory kits to make there are no flaws in the kits. also turn-in unserviceable tools to the governament also. Put all the information on a spreadsheet to show what is done on a daily bases.
its a good company
Journeyman shipfitter (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 18, 2016
Its allowed me to get rehired a couple times so I really don't have bad things to say. it was a good environment. about the only issue I had and did not agree with was on the 11/08/16 we had a meeting between HR and my head of dept. and we agreed that I was going to be allowed to return to on 11/09/16 wich I deed and at 12:30 I was called to the office and got terminated for missing days after I was told to take time for the passing of my mom who had dementia so I was somewhat disappointed for going back on what was said on the meeting other than that its a great place to work
Excellent Company
Information System Security Officer (ISSO) (Current Employee) –  Lexington, MADecember 22, 2016
BAE is very supportive for their employees. They are always ready to assist, guide, educate, and treat their employees as family. They have lots of group training events, that usually consist of a lunch or dinner. They do family gatherings. They are a excellent and competitive company to work for. They want to keep their employees happy, and employed.
Stable work but little communication from superiors
Engineering Technologist (Current Employee) –  Washington StateJanuary 5, 2017
As a contrator, I do little directly with BAE, as my day to day involves working with DoD personnel. I do not feel that the company cares as much for contract employees other than how the contract applies and brings in profits.
Pros
Extremely Flexible Schedule
Cons
Poor Communication from above, poor feedback for promotion

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BAE Systems. Our community is ready to answer.