BAE Systems Employee Reviews

Found 1,699 reviews matching the search
kept me busy
Painter/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAAugust 19, 2017
I liked the Shipyard because, I always kept busy. It was always something for me to learn and also always something for me to do. I had most of my great experiences there.
Pros
great pay, good team work
Cons
lays off
Productive and always busy
Senior Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Elgin, OKAugust 17, 2017
Great place to work. I have grown a lot in this company. Very challenging work but very rewarding. The experience and opportunities I have had with this company have been very satisfying.
Pros
Flexible
productive fun workplace
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, TNAugust 17, 2017
I learned communication skills. Management was always around to help or answer questions if needed. Workplace was fun, some stress like any job. Hardest part was getting shipments ready.
Pros
attendance bonus and health insurance
Cons
alot of training in alot of environment stuff
Great place to work.
Shop Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Springrove Pa.August 17, 2017
I loved working at BAE . The pay check was great. I worked on a computer all day. Had no stress and had a wonderful manager. You learn a lot about computers.
Pros
Great place to work.
Cons
Layoffs alot
Remote location
Satellite Communications Technician (Former Employee) –  GreenlandAugust 16, 2017
I worked in a remote location for BAE, although I don't think the company is bad, just the management at that remote location. I did my time and got out because of the very unprofessional behavior and threatening of our jobs on a daily basis.
Pros
OFF for a month after 10 weeks
Cons
too many
good place to work
Intelligence Analyst II/Task officer (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAAugust 15, 2017
Great company to work for. I would recommend this company to anyone. The only draw is the pay could be better for the area, and the benefits could be cheaper.
Fire Watch (Former Employee) –  Daphne, ALAugust 15, 2017
Very good job it's pretty hot watching off for fires if I see a fire I ring a bell great team members outstanding mangment the job was just seasonal.
Decent
Imagery Analyst (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 14, 2017
There was no real room to move up in the company from my position. The contract where I was threaten to end unless you became government and left BAE. The culture at that specific government location had major issues and three lawsuits against them. Overall BAE did a good job.
Busy company with lots of opportunities
Operations Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAAugust 14, 2017
This company, like most in the defense contracting industry, has a wide variety of workers all over. So it's hard for one review to capture the real feel of a place. But I enjoyed my time there and liked my boss and my work.
Good Company
Network Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 13, 2017
Great company to work for. They are a lot like all the other defense contractors, but in the positon I was in there was no room for growth. So as I branched out the opportunity here opened up avenues for others.
Going downhill
Payroll Analyst (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 11, 2017
The Resource Center was the best place I'd ever worked when I started five years ago....the management was focused not only on the services provided, but also on the employees. However, once the senior leadership changed hands, the focus on the employees shifted. We're now treated like machines, with the only concern being on the bottom line. Can't wait to get out.
Good company - great benefits
Cyber Engineer, Senior Principle II (Current Employee) –  Hill AFB, UTAugust 10, 2017
Good company - great benefits. Good management. I have enjoyed my time at BAE. Flex time is nice and most awesome...finally working in a building with windows!!
production clerk
GCSS-Army ERPs Clerk (Current Employee) –  Fort Riley, KS 66442August 10, 2017
poor leadership. first starting out work was okay but when we got our new project manager the morale just went down. do not keep us informed. did not have any benefits
Interesting work.
ENGINEERING SUPPORT INTERN (Former Employee) –  Clearfield, UTAugust 8, 2017
Working at BAE systems is very unique because you have to become used to the defense contract work lifestyle. People are brought in to do work, until the contract is up. At that point you are looking for another job 9/10 times.
Fast paced and good culture
Ship fitter (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALAugust 7, 2017
BAE was a very good place to work. They always placed a very high emphasis on employee safety and all employees knew that if they were to feel unsafe, they were able to stoop the work. Received top quality on the job training in fabrication and metal repair
Sandblaster
Sand Blasting (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OHAugust 7, 2017
was a new experience learning how to use a sandblaster and the people you met doing it side by side with them. Would go back to doing that if i had the chance to.
Horrible place to work
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Camp, ARAugust 6, 2017
I worked for this company in the middle east in Kuwait. It lost the government contract and the job in Kuwait no longer exists.
I learned about Bradley Fighting Vehicles.
Workplace culture was a bunch of bad apples.
Pros
non
Cons
workplace, people, working conditions.
bae systems
Welder (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 5, 2017
Ready to work in sometimes extreme conditions but always keep your patience. Right next to the bay great breeze and great weather. lead men tend to favor their favorites so just keep to yourself and you'll be fine.
this is a good company to work for
Mechanical Test Engineering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHAugust 5, 2017
BAE has had so much growth lately. But has always fostered a good employee culture.there is always room to expand and this movement is always Encouraged by management.
Pros
employee interaction, rewards
Cons
not much here
Deployed enviornment
Intelligence Analyst Site Lead (Current Employee) –  BagrāmAugust 4, 2017
working as a contractor is often times difficult. If a company loses a contract you are essentially staring at a serious pay cut or lose of employment entirely. The team i have been working with has made it easier by keeping me informed and involved, but the nature of this work might not be for everyone

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BAE Systems. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval