BAE Systems Employee Reviews

Found 1,416 reviews matching the search
Navy shipyards always wanted to be a sailor and be in a movie
Fire Watch (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 25, 2016
Worked on the battle ships and cruisers. Navy boats have seen over 40 years of service and needed some over needed repairs. As a contract laborer it was my honer to have helped my fellow country men and women to fix the Navy boats in San Diego California.
Pros
7 day work weeks I love graveyard shifts.
Cons
a bit to foggy out there.
Bae
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Reston, VA 20190September 21, 2016
Working for BAE has given me the opportunity to gain experience in a different atmosphere. BAE is a huge company but they still manage to take care of their employees.
Hot summers
Shipfitter (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALSeptember 21, 2016
The job itself wasn't bad. We had a good amount of hours and our supervisor was very friendly and communicative.y only complaint about this job is the heat and humidity in alabama
Overall a good place to work
Financial Analyst / Contract Administrator (Former Employee) –  McLean, VASeptember 20, 2016
The benefits were great, the management was great, but the pay was not very good. I would go back to work for them again assuming my pay would now reflect my experience.
productive and fun workplace at bae system
pipewelder/journeyman (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 17, 2016
supervisor are kind and if you need help their there for you,i learned a lot there , its company that you'll want to work at,i enjoy working at continental maritime
Hard to Work here
Electrical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Summerville, SCSeptember 17, 2016
It has been a very disappointed experience to work with BAE. There is a contract work system where the employee has work to do if there is a contract. If there is not contract, the employee is sent home using the PTO or without salary, until any contract is open and accepted and , then they will call you to work. I had to beg for work in other dependencies. But it is too much pressure trying to justify your production hour for hour in projects all the time.

Besides that, it looks there is not evaluation of the managers or superiors: they don't' analyze that situation and allow people without manners to be who is your boss.

I am looking for a job desperately.......I had been with this company for 5 months and I only worked 2. I am really afraid they can laid me off at any time. It is impossible working under that situation.
Pros
close home, schedule
Cons
it is not safe to keep this job; work depends on contracts: no contracts, no work to do.
A mild good place to work if work load is busy.
Assisting journeyman (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 15, 2016
A decent place to work if the work load is busy. But not something to depend on if you're looking for long term work. Once slow times start laid off occur ALL THE TIME even if employee is really good.
Pros
Work for US navel ships
Cons
Very short breaks, Use half of your break just to get to break area.
Temporary Work only
Temporary File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 15, 2016
I was only at BAE systems for a couple of short weeks to help with implementing a new filing system when a new supervisor was promoted. This was a very temporary placement that did not give me much insight into the company.
Good Company to work for
Technical Instructor (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXSeptember 14, 2016
This company allowed me to continue to teach and mentored Soldiers after I retired from the military. The hardest part of the job was leaving the family behind while teaching in different military bases from 30 days to 180 days.
Productive place to work
Pipe Supervisor/Foreman (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALSeptember 12, 2016
Oversee fabrication, installation, testing, inspecting and providing systems as design specifications demand. Supervised construction of new boats. Provided employee quarterly evaluations. Assign work for crew leaders. Attend production meetings and give updates on work progress.
Pros
Steady income with great benefits
Cool and Calm Workplace
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Wayne, NJSeptember 12, 2016
Everyone is friendly and helps you whenever needed. Casual dress attire with a great benefits package. The lunches are good and you have many options. Plus it is interesting going to work knowing you are creating systems for the military
Very stressful and undrewarding job
Weld Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALSeptember 11, 2016
This is a very difficult company to work for. I gave many unrewarding years to this company and never felt satisfied or appreciated for the job I did.
Pros
Salary and Benefits
Cons
Poor Management
I really enjoyed working for Bae System
Laborer (Former Employee) –  York, PASeptember 11, 2016
I really thank Bae for a great opportunity working for there company. I was respectfully honored to be apart of the team. There is so much opportunity in this company. Setting up for important people to come in and walk through was very nice. Having families come and tour the plant was awesome. Bae System has a lot of great opportunity and is a very nice family oriented work place to work.

Pros
The banquets were fun
Cons
The breaks were short, the benefits were good.
Intern Experience
Technical Intern 3 (Illustration) (Former Employee) –  York, PASeptember 6, 2016
A typical day consisted of coming in to work whenever I wanted to start my day. I was assigned a 9-80 schedule so I would work one week with four 9 hour days and one 8 hours day. The second week would only be four 9 hours days with Friday off. I had my designated assignments at my desk and sat around helpful mentors. I learned how to use new software and work to company and contract standards.
Deputy Intergrated Product Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Endicott, NYSeptember 6, 2016
BAE Systems Endicott NY is an enjoyable place to work. Large and vibrant company with opportunities for growth and movement around the country. Many engineering disciplines.
Busy and very productive
Fire Watch (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 1, 2016
typical day at work was easy going.. I learned about ship repairs.. Management was always a big help, without them we wouldn't know what to do. Co-workers were a big part of getting the job done. the hardest part was not having enough time to finish fun but big projects.. the most enjoyable part work being there every single day with my co-workers
Pros
Learning new things every single day
Cons
short lunches
Male centric culture with little opportunites for females
Systems Analyst/Knowledge Manager (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDSeptember 1, 2016
Very poor communication within management. No change management processes.
Semi flexible hours.
No unusual benefits. Below par with comparable companies.
Salaries are below comparable companies.
listen up
mechanical assembly 2 (Former Employee) –  Sealy, TXAugust 31, 2016
What company did these jokers work for? Not one word about trading promotions for acsess to fallen women and then demoting and firing them when tired of them. Management enabled this culture.
normal contracting company.
Task Lead/ Imagery Analyst (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAAugust 31, 2016
normal contracting company.

- average pay ( for the feild)
- good benefits
- competitive contracts
- management is so so
- work life balance depends on contracts
Good Company to get experience with
GIS Technician (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJAugust 22, 2016
Training and education is very good here. Starting out it gave me a good opportunity to try an assortment of projects and facets of GIS. Much of the work is concentrated on a few individuals who are responsible for cleaning up for the other workers.