BAE Systems Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,374 reviews matching the search
Productive and safe place to work
Operator (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALJuly 23, 2016
Fishing and hunting is what I like to do most, and spend time with family. Sports I play is softball and tournaments around the area
Productive Work Environment
SW Engineer I (Current Employee) –  Rome, NYJuly 22, 2016
Very productive with freedom to recuperate. Flexible schedule. Luxury of playing ping pong and basketball when a break is needed.
Machinist Journeyman I (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 19, 2016
Not much to say about the day here hard day work stick to yourself and do your job and get things done not long lunch break hot area to work
Pros
No comments
Cons
No comments
a good solid company i would recommend it but watch your back if you are successfull
Operations lead (Former Employee) –  Mass and 3 plants in NHJuly 18, 2016
BAE is a good progressive workplace. The only issues I had with it is the same in most very large companies. There are too many high level positions filled with family members or relatives. Due to this, making major break thru or great successes that helps the company or lands a major contract only tends to paint a target on your back. Very sad but Im sure some major house cleaning would cure this issue.
Pros
Lots of functions and food yum
Cons
Too many Favorites in management, (family) you end up being managed by inept figure heads occationally
Worst company I have worked for in 33 years .
Maintenance Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Cavalier Air Force Station, NDJuly 16, 2016
BAE is not a US based company. As a supposed defense contractor for the U S. They have the worst ever interest in Gov cost savings and performance imaginable .
They also treat their employees is a manor I have never seen in the US.
They are horribly disorganized and employees are a burden to them.
Their ethics are the worst imaginable .
I was proud to serve our government. I was disgusted to serve BAE .
Pros
Great working on US government projects.
Cons
BAE should be banned as a US government contractor per their unethical performance.
Great people to work with.
3RD CLASS ELECTRICIAN (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 14, 2016
A great company to work for. The jobs give a sense of accomplishment and pride. The management needs a little work but otherwise they take care of their employees.
Great job, away from home to much
Field Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKJuly 12, 2016
i love my job, but don't like being away from home so much. Consist of a lot traveling and sometimes at the minute. I love the job and working with our US Army every day.
does not care about it's employees
Material Controller (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJuly 11, 2016
regulars laid off and replaced with contractors. yard management is severely deficient. craft management, in some crafts, is self serving. many supervisors lack proper knowledge of procedure or how to lead. it was a decent place to work about 5 years ago but now i'd advise anyone looking for career to look past BAE.
Pros
it ended at 3:30pm
Cons
many of the procedures were counter productive to profit
Bae
Document Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALJuly 7, 2016
Worked her for six years, worked in Document Control and Export after 20 years in HR was moved to this department because of downsizing.
BAE is a great company. Local employees and management were awesome to work with.
Business Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Gautier, MSJuly 6, 2016
Local management and overall environment were great. Local employees and I were a great team. We all worked together and efficiently to get the job complete. Typical day at work was the day to day operations of running the local office, supporting the site rep.
Pros
Employee Welfare functions
IT Security Specialist II (ISSO) (Current Employee) –  Merrimack, NH 03054July 5, 2016
BAE Systems is a great company to work for. Great people, great work environment, great schedule for the employees.
Productive working safe environment just hot during the summer time need to stay fluild at all time out in that yard
Insulator (Former Employee) –  Mobile AlJuly 5, 2016
My review abt the situation is they push you to hard trying to get the job done fast and sometime stuffget mess up are the person.Always take your time in what you doing believe me it make take a lil longer but its was done safely.
Gooda place to work
Field support Manager (Current Employee) –  MarylandJuly 5, 2016
BAE is a good place to work considering where and what you do. If you work as an SCA Employee there is no advancement unless you are willing to leave your job or the company.
Great company overall
Financial Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 5, 2016
The company is great to work for, but depending on your location, it could be better for the day to day. There is a lot of favoritism in the Resource Center.
While there are many opportunities for training in different areas, there is not a lot of room to move up. It's very rare to receive a promotion. Moving laterally is fully possible, however.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the work is relatively easy, as long as you know everything about your job. Training can be poor at times when there is a mass hire, as people tend to quit in groups.
Pros
9/80 schedule; free coffee and sodas; many events are held; health insurance
Cons
favoritism amoung management and those they have known for a while
Interesting work, if available
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 2, 2016
I've worked in two branches for this company and my overall impression is that, while the work is interesting, management often-times gets in the way. They could improve their organization and be a bit more efficient in making projects available for their workers.
The main draw-back is the slow process of moving up in the ranks and the lack of clear indication of how to do that.
Pros
Interesting topics
Cons
Disorganized, Slow progress
Functional Admin Specialist 1 (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJuly 2, 2016
BAE was a nice place to work, great employees & management. I got to train employees on timecards and how to punch in and out. This helped me a great deal with my fear to talk in front of alot of people. The most enjoyable part was the interaction with the employees.
Pros
Great Employees
Cons
Moved all of finance to North Caroline
IT Management not good
IT Support Analyst Tier (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 29, 2016
The manager at the IT service desk doesnt communicate well with his employees. Not job advancement. They leave employees on the IT service desk as contractors for years and dont convert them over.
Pros
Good co workers
Cons
Management dont communicate well
Good Starter Position
Data Link Analyst (Current Employee) –  Moorestown, NJJune 27, 2016
Work days go by fast.
Everyday you learn something new.
Underpaid compared to other employees.
Flexible work schedule is positive and negative. If you want a typical 8-4, 9-5 job this isn't for you.
fun place to work at!got along with everyone and was a pleasure to do my job there.
Site Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJune 26, 2016
Loved working there client ,employees,contractors all great people to work with.did daily reports,alarms test every month,handed out badges to employees and contractors,bag and badge inspections daily also,camera checks and checking out facility everyday to..
CAD Standards, Assist in Design and Concept Development
Senior Engineering (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 24, 2016
Company first introduction of Pro/Engineer, Objective is to establish Process, Procedures and Standards.

On-site PTC application support. Top-Level Assembly Manager, FF&F Checker, Drafting Checker. Mechanical Design: Concept Design of structure for Future Combat System Common Crew Station Simulator environments. Managed design interfaces, utilizing “Top-Down Design Theology” and “Design for Manufacturing”. Applied: MIL/SAE Standards, and GD&T.

Reported directly to division management and Design Counsel for implementation for training and implementation.

Hardest part was the introduction of Art to Part CAD Design.
Pros
Reduced System Developement time.