BAE Systems
1,254 reviews

BAE Systems Employer Reviews

Government Contracting
Engineer Technician II (Current Employee), Charleston, SCMarch 31, 2015
Work is slowing down, no room for advancement even with my 10+ years of experience. Typical work day includes installing C4I equipment on MRAPS when we have available work. As with all contracting work is never permanent.
Administrative Assistant/ Data Collection (Former Employee), El Paso, TXMarch 30, 2015
I enjoyed my time with BAE Systems. Very male based work environment but I was able to succeed as a female. You need to be able to work long hours and be willing to relocate to climb up the corporate ladder
Great place to get experience
Environmental Specialist (Current Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Job Security
Cons: Pay is not that competitive
It's a great place to work and gain real world experience in a number of areas. BAE has been good to me and my family. There may be little room to grow once you get to a certain level, but what you do with the experience provided is up to you. They promote from within as long as the candidates posses the skills required.
Fights hard to maintain contracts
Java Developer II Contractor (Current Employee), WashingtonMarch 24, 2015
Not much to say about BAE as I work as a contractor. They try hard to maintain contracts, management is great, and the work is extremely enjoyable.
Learning military processing and procedures... Interesting job
Administrative Assistant III (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXMarch 23, 2015
Pros: every other friday off
Cons: not having enough work load
Excellent company to work for.. Adminstrative Assistant III supporting the Global Fighter Program - F-16. Supporting the Business Development, Integrated Supply Chain, and Finance departments... Have acquired much knowledge and friends... will miss supporting the Management and employees... due to facility closure.. I will move on...

I am a people person.... Every person on the other side of my desk is my customer.... I have excellent customer service skills
Enjoyable
Disassembly/ Cutter Driller (Former Employee), Anniston, ALMarch 22, 2015
I was a leader in the service and repair shop. My management team was very helpful and resourceful. I enjoyed my co-workers and every aspect of the job.
Good benefits
Principal Software Engineer / Supervisor (Current Employee), ColoradoMarch 19, 2015
Pros: great training opportunties, leadership is in tune with employee needs.
BAE is a very good company to work for if you live on either coast, but there is not a lot of presence in the middle of the country.
great place to work
Field Service Technician (Contractor) (Former Employee), new hampshireMarch 18, 2015
Pros: teamwork, room to grow
Cons: all it staff are contractors
where i was the other members of the team were very helpful, always willing to help each other. there was always something new to learn.
Global Company in the process of major restructuring
Project Manager II, Quality Assurance (Former Employee), Sealy, TexasMarch 18, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: too many layers of management and systems that were no added value.
Global Defense Supplier with design technology and manufacturing capabilities of in many defense related areas. Multiple changes in management were ongoing due to declining U.S. defense budget.
Fun place to work
Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee), Reston, VAMarch 16, 2015
The schedule is very flexible. The building is open 24/7 making it possible to go in at any time during the day or night. Coworkers on my team are great and very down to earth. They keep it professional yet fun at the same time.
my co-workers are nice.
Accounts payable (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 15, 2015
Pros: free coffee, tea, soda and juice
Cons: very clickish
I like my co-workers and I love the building. they provide free drinks and it really clean. They do promote being healthy and living healthy life styles.
Worked for 6 years, advancing very well.
Sr. Electrical Engineer (Current Employee), MDMarch 14, 2015
Technically interesting and challenging, and employs good practices and processes.
Provides good benefits, 401K.
I have worked on contract proposals.
The work culture here is like family
Engineering Assistant (Former Employee), Nashua, NHMarch 13, 2015
Loved working here was a great place to work. training was available
was fast paced family style workplace. the hours were terrific they are on a 9/80 work week schedule.
BAE
Information Systems Security Officer (Former Employee), United StatesMarch 9, 2015
Not a bad place to work. The benefits have gone down hill and the leadership is weak. I would consider working here again but it would not be my first choice.
Gov't Contractor
Personnel Security Analyst (Former Employee), Reston, VAMarch 9, 2015
Typical Gov't Contractor; I enjoyed the flex year schedule. A Gov't schedule and the contractor schedule had different days off. Where every other year you could get a week off for Christmas holidays.
Strinking the right balance
DESIGNER II (Former Employee), Austin, TXMarch 5, 2015
Pros: time management
Cons: few
This company is in Austin TX, it is nestled in an area that resembles a University campus, this lends itself to employees taking time to walk, jog or any other activity to keep the body fit.

In addition the company structures it's time well, allowing employees to take advantage, if they wish to pursue more studies in the evening.
It is a defense contractor and priority is given to veterans when it comes to job placement (or so it seems).

There did not seem to be any cons for the exception of political football among it's management.
Productive work place
Process Tech (Former Employee), Austin, TXMarch 4, 2015
Defense Contact Company, manufacturing and repair of equipment used by the military. Large company based out of Maryland. Employing over 60,000 people world wide
BAE Systems is a very professional company to work for. It has great opportunity to move within the company
Systems Administrator (Former Employee), Herndon, VAMarch 4, 2015
Pros: bic company, lots of opportunity
Cons: it can be very inpersonal at times since it is a large company
It offers a great benefits package, 401 K for example. And has a wealth of welfare plans that are offered cafeteria style
Great training since day one!
Senior Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee), Herndon, VirginiaMarch 4, 2015
Had a great experience training for the mission I am currently on, would love to go through the process again. Hardest part of the job was getting to the site, took a few days but once I got here I was ready to go.
Ok place to work
Security Rep (Former Employee), Nashua, NHMarch 4, 2015
Pros: provide entry level experiance
Cons: management
Within BAE Systems there is not a lot of room for growth. Training is not optimal and well organized. There is a heavy expectation for work unpaid overtime and no goal incentives.

1 2 3 4 5

About BAE Systems

BAE Systems is the premier trans-Atlantic defense and aerospace company, delivering a full range of products and services for – Read more

BAE Systems Salaries