BAE Systems Employee Reviews

ETAM
Enterprise Technical Account Manager (Former Employee), Denver, COAugust 27, 2015
Good company. Lots of opportunity for growth. Needs some managerial help. More investment in hardware would be nice. Some performance issues.
Very Experienced Workforce, Working outside of NH headquarters can limit carrer path
Senior Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee), Totowa, NJAugust 20, 2015
Pros: Very interesting and challenging work
Cons: Seems like benefits are reduced on a yearly basis
Great place to work with highly experienced senior engineering staff who are a pleasure to work with. Plenty of interesting projects and challenging engineering work to be done, but working outside of the main engineering headquarters in Nashua, NH can sometimes be a culture shock and can limit a young engineer's career path since the majority of the work is staffed with the engineers at HQ before being offered to the work force remote sites.
Don't Go Here
Planner (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAAugust 19, 2015
It's still a good ole boy environment and advance opportunities are few and far between unless you are a favorite. The benefits are really good though and for the most part make up for a poor work environment.
Supervisor pipe fitting jobs
Craft Manager Supervisor (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAAugust 13, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Analyze charts, work orders, production schedules, reports to determine production requirements and to evaluate current production estimated outputs.
• Coordinate operations and activities within 10 departments.
• Planned work schedules, assignments, and production sequences to meet production goals.
• Initiate and reviews Condition Found Reports and Modifications for content.
• Monitor production operations and government inspections to ensure conformance to specifications and make or order necessary process.
• Review specifications, Navsea blueprints, Process Control Procedures, Welding Inspection and Documentation of P-1 & P-LT weld job.
• Supervise process of procedures for Level 1 jobs.
• Assist in conducting over 300 required inspection check points with USCG inspector, Mid-Atlantic Regional Maintenance Center Quality insurance inspectors, and American Bureau of Shipping Surveyors.
• Supervise 110 employees of complying with company, OSHA, and Navy Safety regulations.
• Planned pipe system layout, installation, ripouts and repairs according to Navsea approved Ship Alts. Blueprints.
Productive and inviting environment
Computer Operations Coordinator (Current Employee), Herndon, VAAugust 12, 2015
A typical day at work involves maintaining and analyzing current operations and providing customer service. Management is inviting and thorough.
Review Summary
JR Engineer (Current Employee), Mount Laurel, NJAugust 12, 2015
Present Computer Program Changes to chief panel members and Navy soldiers at Configuration Control Board meetings, Engineering Test and Evaluation sessions , data analysis, and the testing of software and hardware to be implemented on Navy combat systems Increase quality of program procedures by conducting engineering driven internal reviews. Assumed Leadership role and coordinated scheduling during internal product re-architecture effort, Supported the Mission Planner (MP) element for program Multi-Element formal customer selloff events (engagement demos, and large scale data analysis).
Normal Contracting company
Full-motion Video Imagery Analyst (Former Employee), Springfield, VAAugust 12, 2015
Like most contracting companies there are good points and bad points. It is all about management here. Good place to work.
Good learning experience
Recruiting Coordinator (Former Employee), Reston, VAAugust 12, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedule
Cons: Poor Communication from Leadership
Flexible work week, learned a lot about process of recruiting, management does not communicate. Co-workers okay, hardest part was trying to communicate with leadership. Most enjoyable part of day was usually a very fast paced environment.
Loved it!
Sr. Staff Reliability Engineer (Former Employee), Sealy, TXAugust 11, 2015
Worked six wonderful years there and enjoyed working at the facility until the contracts ended. Warm feeling in being able to say we were able to save lives during troops who serve and protect with our tactical vehicles designed and manufactured.
Cool Products, Dry Environment
Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee), Nashua, NHAugust 11, 2015
Overall the technologies that I have worked on have been incredibly technically oriented but it is not the most fun work environment.
Excellent Employer
Inventory Support Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Carson, COAugust 10, 2015
Very good benefits, Pays well and good work ethics. My work hours are reasonable and flexible. This job has made me more proficient at MS Excel and Outlook. The hardest part of this job is the traveling from site to site.
Defense Contractor
Instructor, Training Developer (Former Employee), WorldwideAugust 8, 2015
Pros: Compensation
Cons: Full time travel
Bae was an all in type employment that required travel full time and no room for anything but the job. The compensation was top notch.
BAE is a great place but it needs to establish more job security.
Tile Fabricator III (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 7, 2015
BAE Systems allowed me to use past experiences to advance within the company for which I will always be great full for, it was hard to leave.
If you need a Job they are a OK company to work for.
Engineering Tech IV (Former Employee), St Inigoes, Md.August 7, 2015
Pros: employment
Cons: pay
Professional, productive, cost affective workforce. Will work their work force to their highest ability. Low end management looks after their employees. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting your customer time schedules.
not a good place to work, workers are under paid
Outside Machinist (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 6, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: none
not a good place to work,workers are under paid compare to the associated BAE Systems in the continental United States, not good
Assembly line/ Forklift
Assembly Mechanic (Former Employee), Sealy, TXAugust 6, 2015
I built army trucks and Forklift operator at BAE Systems.I started out at $17 per hour. I was working on an Assembly-line for the time I worked there. Due to me being on the assembly line every job was required to move at a fast pace. I enjoyed the environment when it came to all my co-workers because we all worked as a team. I have also done maintenance and sanitation work as well.
Home feel
Finance Intern (Former Employee), Nashua, NHAugust 6, 2015
Pros: food
Cons: unpaid break
very home feel, good enviorment, learning enviorment, enriching, easy employees, great food, free ice cream, out of work activities and clubs
Fun place to work
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Fort Bliss, TXAugust 5, 2015
This company is a great company to work for and especially if you are prior military like myself they are ready to hire you. Just about everyone I worked with or around had some kind of military experience.
Good Company
Multi-Media Specialist / Video Production (Current Employee), Multimedia ProducerAugust 3, 2015
Good people and company. I would recommend people to seek employment with BAE Systems. I am just looking for a more challenging job opportunity.
Production and Fun Work Place
Associate Geospatial Researcher (Former Employee), Springfield, VAAugust 1, 2015
Pros: Flex time and plenty of work
Cons: Short staff
A typical day at work I am a results-driven individual with exceptional customer support capabilities in many areas. I have learned the ability to experience innovative operational solutions to many challenges. I am a team player; therefore, my co-workers and I offer a level of versatility that can make a real difference to our company’s bottom line.

The hardest part of the job is knowing when to stop.
Headquarters