BAE Systems
1,223 reviews

BAE Systems Employer Reviews

Assembler 1 (Former Employee), York, PAFebruary 23, 2015
I have been given many opportunities to learn a lot of new things in this company. My typical day would be to test many components on the Bradley Fighting Vehicle. I had great co workers that were always there to help. There was great satisfaction in building vehicles to protect our soldiers.
Family oriented, business like
Security Specialist I (Former Employee), Dahlgren, VAFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: working environment was great
Cons: health benefits needed improvemnets
BAE was a very good place of employment. Everyone there became apart of your family. The work experience was one that excelled you to a higher learning experience. After being laid off due to reduction in work was the hardest part of the job, knowing I didn't or wouldn't be going to work.
Lead Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Tysons Corner, VAFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: free lunches, promotions, and recognitions
Cons: short breaks, healthcare
Attend to customers, creating accounts, and trouble shooting. Being productive and pleasing to the customer. The management should appreciate employees work and keep morale up. Work along with co-workers and be mindful of others. The hardest part of the job is pleasing everyone. The most enjoyable part is when everyone gets along.
Productive workplace, High paced, never a dull moment.
Support Specialist IV (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CAFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: free lunches with lunch meetings, great benefits, independent workplace
Cons: no cons
A typical day included but not limited to: Archiving Subcontracts, Maintaining and updating the DCAA report, Maintaining the parts status report, Creating and maintaing Inter Company Work orders, Shipping and Receiving of Parts, Tracking Parts, Ordering and Invoicing Lunches for the Engineer's, Setting up Conferences and maintaing the meetings calendar for the Engineer's and management. What I learned from this position was that when you put your mind to it you can do anything. Management was great, they gave you an assignment, told you who can help if you had questions, and let you go and work it out. This was a great way to learn how to use your own skills to complete an assignment. The hardest part of the job was also that. Sometimes you would run into an assignment and not know how to finish it. This was difficult at times but I always worked the problem out and finished each and every last assignment. The most enjoyable part of the job was the freedom to complete your assignments. When completing an assignment on your own and by the book, the feeling is of amazing accomplishment!
Systems Engineering Manager for several programs
Systems Engineering Manager (Former Employee), San Jose,CaFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: provided opportunities to work in numerous program
Cons: coordination across multiple facilities, but accepted as part of the job.
I was a Systems Engineering Manager across several programs including several programs including PIM, MRAP, JLTV, FCS. Descriptions provided in submitted resume. Originally worked in San Jose, CA. Transferred to Sterling Heights,MI in 2009
Good Work Place
FINANCIAL SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCFebruary 19, 2015
Great place to work. Opportunity to grow. Co-workers are fun. I enjoyed serving and enjoyed being able to work from home.
A wonderful place to work.
Inventory Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Sealy, TXFebruary 19, 2015
This was the most rewarding job I have had. We built Medium Tactical Vehicles for the United States Military, including armored vehicles. The management staff was amazingly supportive of all personnel.
Cares for Employees
Project Manager - Mission Systems (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXFebruary 19, 2015
I was part of a start-up business that could have been a $3B market for the company. Due to a change in the USG strategy the main program was cancelled and the business fell apart.

Rather than cutting their losses and getting rid of people as quickly as possible the company paid each employee for several months of pay, held them within the company while they tried to find jobs internally and paid for out-placement services.

If I am ever in a position to influence a business award for BAE or work for them in some capacity again I will do so because of their integrity.
New type of environment. Government and Engineering
Word Processor/Jr. Logistician (Former Employee), North Charleston, SCFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: hours and skills i learned
Cons: the pay was average
This was the start of my Contractor career. It was a great place to start. Pleae were great and I learned alot from the Engineers.
Very productive work environment
Instructor (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: very satisfying job
Cons: always away from home
Constantly learning new programs and continuously either certifying or recertifying classes. Pay was excellent but benefits for contractor's was not as well as it should be. Excellent Co workers, the hardest thing about the job was being away from home for months at a time.
Excellent company to work
Safety & Facility Manager (Former Employee), North Charleston, SCFebruary 16, 2015
BAE Systems is a well established company with a wonderful group of people with a excellent growth potential. The people are wonderful to work with.
productive
Carpenter and Ship Fitter (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLFebruary 14, 2015
BAE Systems is a great place to work
I've gotten the opportunity to get certified in a few things and have gotten great benefits.
NA
ELECTRICIAN II (Former Employee), Sealy, TXFebruary 12, 2015
Pay was good. Overtime available. Fast-paced, friendly working environment. Benefits and 401K were great! Great employer!
Productive and fun workplace
Machinist (Former Employee), Fairfield, OhioFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: 15 minute breaks and having every friday off
Cons: nothing negative to say
I would be pulling multiple door pads and other interior and exterior car parts throughout the day. Also liked working with the people I worked with.
Important job with very good work conditions.
Assembler (Former Employee), Bradley Assembly, testing, and garage.February 11, 2015
Pros: work conditions, job satisfaction.
Cons: too many college youngsters!
A great place to work. Very good working conditions. Building military equipment is an important job.
The only shortcoming is that it is based on military contracts. It wouldn't hurt if they would listen to some of the experienced assemblers more than some of the young college people.
Professional
Lead Test and Evaluation Analyst (Former Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 11, 2015
Learned a lot when I left the Navy. They made it a very easy transition. Jim Cutlip showed me the way. Supporting TASC was also easy. Professional Organization.
Great work environment / Poor communication
Acquisitions Analyst I (Former Employee), MacDill AFB, FLFebruary 9, 2015
The facilities were great, my co-workers were amazing, the government and military personnel were - without question - fantastic. However, there was a disconnect in the communication between the program managers, field managers and support personnel, which made the day-to-day sometimes difficult.
Lead Test Verification Engineer
Quality Control Engineer/Tester (Former Employee), McLean, VAFebruary 7, 2015
Setup and Configuration of Server/Workstations via Microsoft Active Directory and Testing processes, Tier III SRS/Remedy Help-Desk support team, Team Lead Test Engineer for multiple Customer field applications supporting cost, schedule, risk analysis, requirements verification traceability matrix (RVTM), Status and Test Verification Reporting
Excellent Job
Material Handler (Current Employee), Fort Wayne, INFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: disgruntled union members
From day start to day finish you are constantly working and feel fullfilled. I learned the in and out of a aircraft software company developer. Management is well organized and keep tabs on everything that is going on in a positive manner.
Large business, ethical and good to work for.
OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee), Dayton, OHFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: good compensation
Cons: as with any large business, sometimes the administrative processes and procedures are a little tiresome.
BAE Systems is a large business with many product lines, both commercial and military. This diverse company is ethically grounded. The benefits are first class and for the most part, the employees are highly qualified.

1 2 3 4 5

About BAE Systems

BAE Systems is the premier trans-Atlantic defense and aerospace company, delivering a full range of products and services for – Read more