BAE Systems
1,229 reviews

BAE Systems Employer Reviews

Internship Program is awesome
Communications Intern (Former Employee), York, PAMarch 3, 2015
I interned at BAE Systems for a summer during college and the experience was very valuable! There was an actual program in place that brought all of the interns together every Friday for various team building activities and informative seminars. I was given real work to do and felt as a contributing part of a team. Also, the pay was great!
Full Motion Video Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCMarch 3, 2015
Pros: great pay
Cons: bad annual raises
I thought this place had great potential. If it wasn't for wanting to move out of the area I'd still be there. Salary was great but the annual increases were not so good despite having excellent ratings.
Fun Workplace
Senior Consultant (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLFebruary 28, 2015
Great company, and while it's still changing, requires individuals who are skilled and dedicated in the financial sector. Great international exposure.
Good benefits big company suffers from short term vision
Principal Semiconductor Engineer (Current Employee), New HampshireFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: big, fairly dependable company
Cons: short sighted when it comes to investing in r&d
BAE SYSTEMS has treated me very well overall. Regular raises and promotions were consistent. was disappointed when they ended pension plan but it is common in the industry. That's their constant refrain: "to remain competitive we must move from 7 health plan choices to 1. We must lay off people and have you do the job of 2 or 3. We must end the pension plan and have you pay for all of your doctor visits except as required by law. Still I would consider it a good place to work.
Assembler 1 (Former Employee), York, PAFebruary 23, 2015
I have been given many opportunities to learn a lot of new things in this company. My typical day would be to test many components on the Bradley Fighting Vehicle. I had great co workers that were always there to help. There was great satisfaction in building vehicles to protect our soldiers.
Family oriented, business like
Security Specialist I (Former Employee), Dahlgren, VAFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: working environment was great
Cons: health benefits needed improvemnets
BAE was a very good place of employment. Everyone there became apart of your family. The work experience was one that excelled you to a higher learning experience. After being laid off due to reduction in work was the hardest part of the job, knowing I didn't or wouldn't be going to work.
Lead Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Tysons Corner, VAFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: free lunches, promotions, and recognitions
Cons: short breaks, healthcare
Attend to customers, creating accounts, and trouble shooting. Being productive and pleasing to the customer. The management should appreciate employees work and keep morale up. Work along with co-workers and be mindful of others. The hardest part of the job is pleasing everyone. The most enjoyable part is when everyone gets along.
Productive workplace, High paced, never a dull moment.
Support Specialist IV (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CAFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: free lunches with lunch meetings, great benefits, independent workplace
Cons: no cons
A typical day included but not limited to: Archiving Subcontracts, Maintaining and updating the DCAA report, Maintaining the parts status report, Creating and maintaing Inter Company Work orders, Shipping and Receiving of Parts, Tracking Parts, Ordering and Invoicing Lunches for the Engineer's, Setting up Conferences and maintaing the meetings calendar for the Engineer's and management. What I learned from this position was that when you put your mind to it you can do anything. Management was great, they gave you an assignment, told you who can help if you had questions, and let you go and work it out. This was a great way to learn how to use your own skills to complete an assignment. The hardest part of the job was also that. Sometimes you would run into an assignment and not know how to finish it. This was difficult at times but I always worked the problem out and finished each and every last assignment. The most enjoyable part of the job was the freedom to complete your assignments. When completing an assignment on your own and by the book, the feeling is of amazing accomplishment!
Systems Engineering Manager for several programs
Systems Engineering Manager (Former Employee), San Jose,CaFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: provided opportunities to work in numerous program
Cons: coordination across multiple facilities, but accepted as part of the job.
I was a Systems Engineering Manager across several programs including several programs including PIM, MRAP, JLTV, FCS. Descriptions provided in submitted resume. Originally worked in San Jose, CA. Transferred to Sterling Heights,MI in 2009
Good Work Place
FINANCIAL SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCFebruary 19, 2015
Great place to work. Opportunity to grow. Co-workers are fun. I enjoyed serving and enjoyed being able to work from home.
A wonderful place to work.
Inventory Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Sealy, TXFebruary 19, 2015
This was the most rewarding job I have had. We built Medium Tactical Vehicles for the United States Military, including armored vehicles. The management staff was amazingly supportive of all personnel.
Cares for Employees
Project Manager - Mission Systems (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXFebruary 19, 2015
I was part of a start-up business that could have been a $3B market for the company. Due to a change in the USG strategy the main program was cancelled and the business fell apart.

Rather than cutting their losses and getting rid of people as quickly as possible the company paid each employee for several months of pay, held them within the company while they tried to find jobs internally and paid for out-placement services.

If I am ever in a position to influence a business award for BAE or work for them in some capacity again I will do so because of their integrity.
New type of environment. Government and Engineering
Word Processor/Jr. Logistician (Former Employee), North Charleston, SCFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: hours and skills i learned
Cons: the pay was average
This was the start of my Contractor career. It was a great place to start. Pleae were great and I learned alot from the Engineers.
Very productive work environment
Instructor (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: very satisfying job
Cons: always away from home
Constantly learning new programs and continuously either certifying or recertifying classes. Pay was excellent but benefits for contractor's was not as well as it should be. Excellent Co workers, the hardest thing about the job was being away from home for months at a time.
Excellent company to work
Safety & Facility Manager (Former Employee), North Charleston, SCFebruary 16, 2015
BAE Systems is a well established company with a wonderful group of people with a excellent growth potential. The people are wonderful to work with.
productive
Carpenter and Ship Fitter (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLFebruary 14, 2015
BAE Systems is a great place to work
I've gotten the opportunity to get certified in a few things and have gotten great benefits.
NA
ELECTRICIAN II (Former Employee), Sealy, TXFebruary 12, 2015
Pay was good. Overtime available. Fast-paced, friendly working environment. Benefits and 401K were great! Great employer!
Productive and fun workplace
Machinist (Former Employee), Fairfield, OhioFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: 15 minute breaks and having every friday off
Cons: nothing negative to say
I would be pulling multiple door pads and other interior and exterior car parts throughout the day. Also liked working with the people I worked with.
Important job with very good work conditions.
Assembler (Former Employee), Bradley Assembly, testing, and garage.February 11, 2015
Pros: work conditions, job satisfaction.
Cons: too many college youngsters!
A great place to work. Very good working conditions. Building military equipment is an important job.
The only shortcoming is that it is based on military contracts. It wouldn't hurt if they would listen to some of the experienced assemblers more than some of the young college people.
Professional
Lead Test and Evaluation Analyst (Former Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 11, 2015
Learned a lot when I left the Navy. They made it a very easy transition. Jim Cutlip showed me the way. Supporting TASC was also easy. Professional Organization.

1 2 3 4 5

About BAE Systems

BAE Systems is the premier trans-Atlantic defense and aerospace company, delivering a full range of products and services for – Read more

BAE Systems Salaries