BAE Systems Employee Reviews

Found 1,738 reviews matching the search
Great Company to Work For
Engineer Senior Principal II (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXSeptember 15, 2017
I really enjoyed working for BAE. The workplace was relaxed and the managers and employees were very knowledgeable and friendly. Work/life balance values were greatly supported.
Pros
Offers good compensation/benefits
Productive and fun place to work with exercise facilities.
Material Handler I (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 15, 2017
A good company in which I learned Oracle and stockroom and warehousing duties as a Material Handler and a Warehousing Associate. Learned the PSD (Process semsistive device Process).
Pros
Holiday parties, and dinners.
Cons
Fast paced constanly changing workplace.
Been gone to long to remember
System Engineer (Former Employee) –  McLean, VASeptember 14, 2017
Have not been there is so long I can't recall what is good or bad with the exception that the workforce is only as good as the leadership that is in place.
Routine
Engineering Techincian / Tubing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mojave, CASeptember 14, 2017
Because is was research, development and mock-up alongside final production and assembly it was quite active, busy, at times exhausting. A typical work day including all phases as mentioned above depending upon assignment. Job was not hard whatsoever being I have over 25-years experience. The tuff part was training new hires who had little experience in a particularly hard trade of forming tubing. The most enjoyable part was great coworkers throughout.
Pros
every other Friday was furlough, three day weekend. Or OT if worked.
Cons
Customer engineering was non existent, work was constantly repeated
A good place to work dispite a fee problems
Sr. Operations Associate (Former Employee) –  Endicott, NYSeptember 14, 2017
Was a great place until the flood forced us out of the building and we needed to relocate. Still a good job but some things changed for the worst. I guess it would have a lot to do with the amount of money it to keep us afloat
Pros
Laid back working conditions
Cons
Management is somewhat lacking
excellant place to work
OA1, LEAD OPERATOR, MILITARY FINAL INSPECTOR (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INSeptember 13, 2017
I like the pace of work. working in the defence field is rewarding. also the pay is fair or even on the high side. we have bbq free lunches and gift cards are normal.
good place
Shift Coordinator and Level II Welder (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 13, 2017
one big family everyone helped everyone and the ones that didn't would get weeded out eventually. the work you were doing was saving lives so what you did mattered in a big way
Unity well managed
Pipefitter Journeyman 3 (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 13, 2017
An adult playground great co-workers great leadership, every day task fun. Got to travel several places , meet people with their own set of skills, i met the country and met the island,cities beautiful things I ever seen.
Low
Senior Logistics Analysts (Current Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MISeptember 12, 2017
Poor management and lack of vision for "doing it right the first time. Lack of a standard process for doing the job(s) required under contract(s) with the government.
Fantastic Company
Telecommunications Engineer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 11, 2017
I enjoyed my time at the company. Employees accrue leave very quickly. They paid a competitive wage, had epic holiday parties and caring managers. I don't have a bad thing to say about BAE as a company.
Pros
A lot of PTO
Cons
Lack of advancement opportunity
good place to work
Member (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 11, 2017
Good place to work. Logs opportunities to learn new technologies.Good management. There is growth in your salary. There is good teamwork and culture.
Great Company to work for.
Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Cavalier, NDSeptember 10, 2017
BAE Systems is a great company to work for. They offer great benefits, flexible hours, paid time off, sick leave, vacation time, and 401k. I got along great with my coworkers. They are very concerned with employees safety and well-being.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
None.
it was a decent place to work
Mechanical Technician (Former Employee) –  New HampshireSeptember 10, 2017
decent place to work. management in some areas are better then others. pay was good. hours were good. very stressful at times. must be willing to not take actions when trying to do the right thing.
great place to work
Sewing Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Bean Station, TNSeptember 9, 2017
was one of the best jobs I ever had love what I did there was up set when they closed down but would work for them anytime if they started new co willing to go anywhere to work for them again
Pros
loved what i did making things for military
Cons
it closed down
Majority of job duties was to assure compliance with Environmental Regulations
Environmental Specialist (Former Employee) –  Radford, VASeptember 9, 2017
Plan shipments of Hazardous Waste applying previously learned DOT regulations.

I learned and was certified in how to read air emissions to determine compliance with regulations. I learned and was a certified in Hazardous Materials Management

Management aggressively kept employees informed via weekly meetings and also impromptu-to meetings if needed

Culture in the workplace was a constant synergistic effort

Hardest part of the job was preparing for audits and inspections

Enjoyable part of the job was providing environmental education to the employees in the production areas
Pros
Offerings of free job related training, Also opportunities for recertifications of existing certifications
Cons
May need more people to assure that all media regulations are monitored
Lead Ship Superintendent III (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALSeptember 7, 2017
A lot of great relationships were made. Learned a lot of new job details. Very heavy customer contact that created future work. Hot and cold workplace environment in the shipyard
Pros
Quarterly employee cookouts
Pleasant company
sand blaster (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VASeptember 6, 2017
Work was always steady the environment was peaceful nondrama. Management was ok not the best but they were pleasant enough to work with. Overall my experience at BAE was a good one because I was able to master my skills and learn new skills as well.
Bae
Maritime Painter (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VASeptember 6, 2017
It's a nice job to have , until it's time to lay off , which range from 3-6 months . The enverioment is calm and work at your pace . As long as the job gets completed .
Very well managed and a good place to learn a maritime trade.
Sheetmetal Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VASeptember 6, 2017
The work environment was very serious but the people were skilled and kept each-other safe. I learned almost all of my sheetmetal journeyman skills there. The management took notice of who was doing what and made sure they compensated the tradesmen that deserved to be promoted or acknowledged. The people were very helpful and well learned in there trades which made it easy to communicate and mobilize around the shipyard. It was only hard because I was an apprentice and had to work long hours then attend trade theory classes and academic classes. The most enjoyable part was that it seemed like I was always learning.
Pros
It was also a great location for me with regards to where I live.
Cons
The shop wasn't as technically advanced as places I went afterwards.
Not bad if you are part of the Union
Medical Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VASeptember 5, 2017
Two different companies fighting over the same job. 1. Corporate 2. Union. Total division between the two entities. Constant layoffs as well as leaping nepotism.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BAE Systems. Our community is ready to answer.