BAE Systems
1,282 reviews

BAE Systems United States Employee Reviews

Recognized talent and developed it
Technical Instructor NET (Former Employee), Fort Benning, GAMay 3, 2015
Close net working environment designed to provide subject matter experts on company products with quality customer service to military personnel worldwide. Working with and without a training team. Hardest part of the job was seeing it come to an end. Most enjoyable was the cohesion developed with fellow peers and superiors.
Good if you are British
Engineer (Former Employee), California, MDApril 29, 2015
Pros: Standard benefits package
Cons: Limited opportunities
Since BAe US is a subsidiary of the UK parent company, advancement and opportunities are limited. Expect your career to stall of dissolve if the UK company has contract issues. Bae UK will fill any US position it can with UK employees over US employees. You know you are a second class citizen with this company. If you are a senior level US employee don't expect to keep your position for very long as the company always seems to cut costs at those positions. The problem then arises as junior employees are tasked with handling their duties as well as those of their former manager.
great place
UT/RT Level II Inspector (Former Employee), Radford, VAApril 29, 2015
great place to work good company great team environment, stayed motivated to help company meet its goals always felt good about working there
Was a great place - now closed
Engineering Manager (Former Employee), Sealy, TXApril 29, 2015
The best job so far of my career. Lots of exciting work and development of military vehicles impacted by downturn in defense spend.
fast pace but fun to work there.
Lead Tech this year (Former Employee), Berthoud, COApril 28, 2015
I liked working for BAE. The sold my devision and the company went down hill from there. I was eventually laid off after 8 years
BAE review
Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALApril 28, 2015
Pros: Pay, environment for learning, doing.
Cons: medical benefits
I migrated data from Sybase to SQL Server. It was a great learning experience. The contract was suspended by the USAF. They laid us all off. My only complaint about BAE was the medical coverage. Otherwise, it was a fantastic experience. The manager for our site was great. He really made us feel like we were a part of BAE, even though we were hundreds of miles away.
Fun job, long hours
Deputy Program Manager (PM) (Former Employee), McLean, VAApril 27, 2015
I was promoted several times without accompanying pay raises. The yearly raise was minimal. Still, not a bad company overall.
Extremely productive and talented shipyard.
Blacksmith 1/c (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAApril 24, 2015
Pros: Pay and benifits, break times, challenges.
Cons: Yearly health insurance increases, mgt forgot they were where we are at one time, upper mgt judgemental.
My hours were from 7:15am - 4:00pm and the work for the most part was steady. We did not have a lot of layoffs and we pretty much had a lot of work. I learned a lot about Blacksmithing and Shipfitting. For the most part management was good and fair. My co-workers were very knowledgeable and worked hard. The hardest part of the job was when we had to heat steel to be shaped. Always seemed to happen when the weather was hot out and rarely during the winter. the most enjoyable part was the pay and benefits along with the overtime. made a lot of good people.
Maintenance Assistant (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 22, 2015
BAE Systems provided great leadership from management. I enjoyed learning new tasks and responsibilities alongside my coworkers.
Good first job coming out of the military
Asst. Team Leader/ Senior Instructor (Former Employee), Killeen, TXApril 15, 2015
Pros: Traveling, working with soldiers
Cons: Too much internal conflicts that went unresolved
Training was lackadaisical with unqualified and uncertified instructors. Lots of type A personalities that weren't very motivating. Great benefits if you were prime, but subs didn't fare so well.
Comapany cares for its employees
Senior Buyer (Current Employee), Jefferson City, TNApril 14, 2015
BAE Systems was a top notch employer that expected best in class from its employees. I would still be working there if the locations in TN had not closed.
Short description of daily routine
Project Mgmt Systems Analyst II (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAApril 13, 2015
Show up. Log in and go through email. Participate in meetings or teleconference with customer. Work on the project. Lunch. Work on project. Training. Time sheet. Go home.

Travel an/or authorization travel for project team members.
Learned a lot From BAE Systems
Product Process Engineer II (Current Employee), Fort Wayne, INApril 13, 2015
BAE systems is a fast paced environment where I gained a lot of experience in Manufacturing. With the manufacture of aerospace products, quality and delivery has to be 100%.
busy environment
Deputy Program Manager II (Current Employee), North Charleston, SCApril 11, 2015
This is a challenging work culture. busy busy environment. did get a LOT of travel in. the team workers are great. It was close to where I lived and the CEO was open to discussion after work hours.
Challenging and rewarding
Business Finance Manager (Current Employee), Charleston, SCApril 10, 2015
I learned a lot while working here about government contracts, team work and management. I made a lot of long lasting connections and friendships while working here.
started in assembly , worked my way up, family mentality
Senior Planner (Current Employee), Sealy, TXApril 9, 2015
i started in assembly and worked my way up to supervisor level in 17 years, we became a big family out there and no matter what the stresses came, we always moved past it and worked well together for the military providing the army trucks. best feeling of accomplishment i have had, knowing what we did mattered and helped our troops
Engineering Technician II (Current Employee), Middletown, RIApril 9, 2015
4 star, It's a job, just another day,good people, typical bosses,young people don't listen,stay healthy,retirement is just around the corner
Great Company to work for
Sr. Quality Engineer (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 8, 2015
I would have stayed with this company for the rest of my life if they did not close it due to the loss of the contract with the government. I've learned from this company and co-workers here, I even made some friends.
Demanding but Rewarding Internship
Technical Intern (Former Employee), Nashua, NHApril 4, 2015
I only worked as an intern at BAE but felt like I learned quite a bit about a professional environment while I was there.

BAE uses a 9 day 80 hour work schedule, so you have to work 40 hours in a shorter amount of time than typical (4.5 days) but it means that every other Friday is off.

The expectation is that every employee arrives at about 8am and leaves around 5pm. You are expected to track your hours, but what BAE really wants is for you to clock a minimum of 40 hours every week, so if you show up a few minutes late in the morning you can just stay a little later at the end of the day to make up for it.

Accurately clocking your hours is especially important because you are essentially working for the government and therefore under more scrutiny than usual. For example, lunch does not count and only about 15 minutes of break time every 4 hours counts.

In my internship I was given overtime if I clocked more than 40 hours a week, which is quite generous. If you get the same opportunity I suggest taking advantage of it.

Mostly I learned that communication with your co-workers and bosses is key towards finishing tasks. Coordinating on the job is usually easy using e-mail or the instant messaging software, although there were some wifi problems in the winter that really affected my productivity.

The management that I interacted with was great, they gave me and the other interns good advice, they listened to our ideas, and were very respectful.

One annoying but understandable part of the job is access limitations to things like software due to security, for – more... example me and the other interns had to use Internet Explorer to browse the web.

I really enjoyed feeling like I was necessary to the project. Of course there were tedious tasks that the management handed to me and the other interns, but the tasks were never "busywork" they always accomplished something that the project simply could not continue without.

I would say my only disappointment is that I did not really use any software development skills, otherwise I had a great time working for BAE.

If me and my family weren't moving to another part of the country I would definitely want to work for them; though I will try and see if they offer jobs in that area.

I don't know anything about BAE's CEO so take that rating with a grain of salt. – less
Positive, friendly, team work eviroment
Electronic Assemble Specialist/Group Leader (Former Employee), Manchester, NHApril 3, 2015
Pros: Great co-workers, great management
Cons: To many meetings.
I learned a lot at BAE, I had the opportunity to multi task and do different types of work. I was an electronic assembler and I had to build the product from scratch, do paper work, inspect it, pack it and ship it.
Once the company started growing, I was promoted to group leader position, training coworkers, making sure we have the right parts and enough in stock to meet the goals of the week, attending to daily meetings, and maintaining the government high standards requirements.

1 2 3 4 5

About BAE Systems

BAE Systems is the premier trans-Atlantic defense and aerospace company, delivering a full range of products and services for – Read more

BAE Systems Salaries