BAE Systems Employee Reviews

Found 1,449 reviews matching the search
Needs to turn around their culture
Senior Principal Engineer (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NHDecember 2, 2016
The company has a great legacy and terrific potential, but management needs acknowledge several of the elephants in the room and work with all the employees to address them.
Pros
Opportunities to work on challenging problems, schedule flexibility (depending on manager)
Cons
Management actions and words often disagree.
harsh work enviorment
Rigger/Operator (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALNovember 30, 2016
Long dirty hours in harsh enviroment. There was nothing enjoyable about this job. Would not recemmend for long term employment.
Pros
good co workers
Cons
poor management
Bae
Systems Administrator (Macintosh Lead) (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 27, 2016
It is an excellent company to work for. They have great benefits and the company is very large and they can place you on another contract, if the one yo are on expires in most cases.
Beautiful location, with cafeteria on the first floor with awesome food selections.
Senior Import/Export Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 27, 2016
Experienced a hostile work environment with my co-worker, who felt I had "oversold" my skills and experience and was therefore not worth the air I was breathing in our small office. Management felt otherwise. Funny, that co-worker no longer works for BAE... karma strikes again.
Pros
Free lunch and birthday party for all in our month.
Cons
Hostile work environment from 1 co-worker, who is no longer with the company after I resigned.
Great Benefits and pay
Operations Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INNovember 26, 2016
Great job for people who love working in an industrial environment. 8-12 hour workdays. Multiple shifts can work basically from a typical work day to weekends only. Beautiful new building, nice healthy lunch room. Company has an employee fitness center. offers overtime and its not mandatory
interesting workplace
Electician helper (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 20, 2016
well it was soso when there was work i was great but when there wasnt it was pretty hard the days were average i was able to learn a little co-workers were odd
its a good company
Journeyman shipfitter (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 18, 2016
Its allowed me to get rehired a couple times so I really don't have bad things to say. it was a good environment. about the only issue I had and did not agree with was on the 11/08/16 we had a meeting between HR and my head of dept. and we agreed that I was going to be allowed to return to on 11/09/16 wich I deed and at 12:30 I was called to the office and got terminated for missing days after I was told to take time for the passing of my mom who had dementia so I was somewhat disappointed for going back on what was said on the meeting other than that its a great place to work
Bae
System (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 17, 2016
BAE is extremely fast paced with requirements changing daily. Employees are willing to adapt and think quickly in order to reach the end objectives through the difficult periods.
Great
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 15, 2016
A typical day is great something different everyday. Work is not to hard but very satisfying knowing that you are detrimental to the whole weapon system process of ship building.
Great Place to Work
Contracts Administration Staff Sr (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CANovember 12, 2016
I worked at the Land & Armaments group in Santa Clara, CA for 6 years. Unfortunately, the location was closed and the capability moved to Michigan. But while I was there it was a great place to work. Healthy work environment - no good-ol-boy network, nepotism or discrimination - a truly enlightened management who treated people fairly and with genuine respect. Good work/life balance, ethical business practices and friendly and supportive peers.
Pros
See above
Great Company
Heavy Wheel Mechanic (Full-Time Employee) (Former Employee) –  Sealy, TXNovember 11, 2016
I enjoyed working here. I performed automotive assembly work which was great. We often worked ten to twelve hour days so we made a lot of money from overtime.
Pros
Good pay and insurance. On site cafeteria.
Cons
Long hours on some sites.
Good paying job, with good co workers and great work environment.
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MINovember 10, 2016
BAE systems was a good work environment. It was pretty organized already, so all you had to do was keep everything in order.
I admit that it could be a bit tiring, but once you have the routine down, it got easier.
adf
Logistics Lead (Current Employee) –  Summerville, SCNovember 10, 2016
aboeing is fun you just work a ton of hours if your a contractor
they say that there is no prejudice towards contractors or Direct hires but that is false....they will treat you like dirt
Great work environment that focuses on meeting deadlines and is task oriented.
Technical Intern (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDNovember 7, 2016
A great company that values their employees. I would typically work on different projects mainly assisting other employees who need certain files from the repository. I enjoyed being able to complete the tasks assigned to me and helping other employees by keeping the entire repository database organized and accessible by anyone with access.
we work hard and long hrs. not fun but i hard to make a living
Server (Former Employee) –  Sealy, TXNovember 7, 2016
all of us works helping each outher with no one getting hurt to get the jobs done faster and right the fist time if you get the job done right the fist time it well get to the job on time
good place to work for contract work
Automotive Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXNovember 2, 2016
love working for BAE, the people are great and the management is always available to help. The only downfall is that its contract work. never know when your last day .
Overall good place to have worked
SYSTEMS ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Reston, VANovember 1, 2016
Software coding on a long term project for the Court system
Good Management
Had Great Benefits
Learned a lot of Computer Technology from UNIX to Windows and Networking protocols
Pros
long term project
Cons
was on a short production schedule
fast paced contract work
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Schofield Barracks, HINovember 1, 2016
BAE Systems is big. I wish they had more ground maintenance programs like the one they had in Hawaii. Repairing and servicing government vehicles meant work was almost guaranteed. co workers who looked forward to work (for the most part) made it a fun place to be.
Pros
good pay and hours
Cons
hard to find job
had alot of employee functions
Sr. Production Control Planner (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHOctober 31, 2016
I had worked at BAE for many years and the experience was great. They are a Government Contractor and as the contracts end there are Lay Offs as I was caught up in.
Pros
great employee benifts and functions
Cons
Slow down when contracts ended
Great Company
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAOctober 31, 2016
BAE Systems is an outstanding company that annually requires Ethics training. There is a tremendous amount of online training available and multiple contract opportunities.