BAE Systems Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,397 reviews matching the search
Good Company to get experience with
GIS Technician (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJAugust 22, 2016
Training and education is very good here. Starting out it gave me a good opportunity to try an assortment of projects and facets of GIS. Much of the work is concentrated on a few individuals who are responsible for cleaning up for the other workers.
Good workplace
Engineering Support Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Groton, CTAugust 21, 2016
Being a remote smaller office for big BAE meant not having the same opportunities one would have at the larger home office or another large office of BAE systems. We were completelyreliant on our own government contracts and funding. This often lead to instability of the work force and the work force not always knowing when funding would come in so that work could be performed.
Good environment to learn and grow.
Senior Principal Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Wayne, NJAugust 20, 2016
Great people to work with. Lots of interesting projects to gain varied levels of experience.
Typical of large companies a lot of growth opportunities also a lot of barriers to achieve them.
Love the work environment
Executive Assistant, I (Former Employee) –  Mark Center AlexandriaAugust 18, 2016
I was located at the Navy Yard then at the Mark Center.I love the work environment. Their managers are very professional . The benefits are good . I was able to purchase additional leave that for snow days . I would have preferred better training opportunities or classes.Their training was geared allot towards IT specialist.
Pros
No micro managers
Laid back
Project Analyst (Current Employee) –  Stafford, VAAugust 16, 2016
Company is laid back and quick to fix any issues you may have. However, as a subcontractor I am stuck in a small office with the prime contractor and cut off from my company almost completely.
Great work schedule
Service Manager \Windows Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 16, 2016
I currently work 3rd shift. I work 3 days on, 3 off and 4 days on, 4 days off. This schedule allows a perfect balance between work and personal life.
Great place 2 work
Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  Summerville, SCAugust 15, 2016
Great work enviorment great people 2 work with travel everywere Installs, inspects, adjusts and certifies assemblies, subassemblies, cable parts for compliance and specifications Practices following blueprints, schematics and inspection manuals using hand tools Troubleshoots malfunctions and perform repairs by adjusting, calibrating and aligning or modifying circuitry and components using power tools Initiates standard tests apparatus and conducts operational tests to evaluate reliability Installs equipment field changes Modifies wires, insulation and connector components using hand and power tools.
Fun work place
HVAC Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Diego Garcia, Naval baseAugust 15, 2016
Good job, co-worker not well trained and difficult to get along. Management was great with 8 hrs workday. Hardest part of job, waiting long time to get parts. Enjoyable part of job, knowing the equipment they trusted me to fix was done right the first time and running fine.
Pros
Good living conditions
Cons
Travel back and forward to workplace
Good Place to work
Manufacturing Methods Engineer (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NHAugust 15, 2016
Good benefits, work / life balance. professional co-workers and management team. Overall an enjoyable experience and for a large company, it has been a good place to work
ManTech
Senior Program Manager (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAAugust 15, 2016
The contract was successful in developing, installing and supporting many IT systems and applications. Descent pay, good benefits, and a good working environment.
A great company
Senior Planner Principle (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NHAugust 14, 2016
I have found BAE to be a great experience and the benefits are incredible. It was a change of pace from previous jobs but it was no less satisfying. I have enjoyed my time there.
Benefits
Cons
Like the green and clean
JM rigger (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 11, 2016
Is a good work place ,and like the safety first also the opportunity of move up ,is very professional and the supervisor always telling in the meaning how to do the jod safe and with quality.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Health care
Excellent Team of engineers
Government Contractor (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAAugust 9, 2016
Very successful contract, customer was very satisfied (outstanding reviews) with our performance.

Additional tasks included the analysis and development of business processes to enhance the customers productivity.
Very relaxed and fun environment
Design Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 7, 2016
Management and co-workers welcome new hires. All were very helpful while learning the BAE processes and procedures. BAE uses the 9/80 work week which is very useful for work/life balance. Would recommend BAE Systems to anyone.
BAE Systems
Senior Designer (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MichiganAugust 5, 2016
Professional, friendly workforce and atmosphere. Challenging and interesting projects. Above average Pro/Engineer setup and implementation.
Terrible place to work; Ethics & morality are non-existent with this company
Operations (Former Employee) –  Norfolk Ship RepairAugust 1, 2016
Management is the worst from Executive level to middle management, my boss boss was a micro-manager and wanted to control everything though she was not qualified; they treat their employees poorly with the exception of Executive management and those who favorites.
Pros
401K for management
Cons
they expect 50 to 60 hours a week and don't want to compensate accordingly
Senior E/M Designer - Creo (Former Employee) –  York, PAAugust 1, 2016
I enjoyed working at BAE Systems. The projects (machines) I helped design were very interesting and the work and fast pace were very challenging.
Productive work environment
Junior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 31, 2016
friendly environment and very dynamic. Company structure is very diverse. However the work can be overloaded depending on the time of the year.
and okay experience
Pipe Fitter and Welder (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJuly 28, 2016
When I work for BAE it was and they had work it was consistent work, decent pay, and okay management but around the holidays they like to lay off
Pros
decent pay, good benefits, and a good environment
Cons
lay off
Good Atmosphere
Configuration Analyst, Senior (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCJuly 28, 2016
Everyone was nice and friendly. Worked at a very fast pace, no room for error. When its comes to building up morale, BAE is all about this effort.