BAE Systems

BAE Systems Employer Reviews

All the work was a Classified nature.
Sr.Principal System Engineer at the DIAC (Former Employee), McLean, VAJuly 19, 2014
Pros: self supervised
Electrical Power Network Studies and Power World distribution model CIP to Sudden Capitol
Meeting new people around the world
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INJuly 18, 2014
Pros: challenging and relationship building
Cons: not many advancement opportunities
BAE Systems opens you up to meeting people around the world and building relationships. Great Company to work for!
Great company to work for
Senior Lead Subcontracts Administrator (Current Employee), Reston, VAJuly 17, 2014
Pros: great company to work for
Great place to start yur career.

The company onvest in their employees

Work environment is great in every aspect
Semi-professional atmospere and military friendly company.
Full Motion Video (FMV) Analyst (Former Employee), McLean, VAJuly 16, 2014
Pros: great job location
Cons: no lunch breaks, short bathroom breaks, very fast pace sometimes too fast paced.
It was a fun and interesting job with chances for moving up I the management field but no room for advancement within the intelligence field.
Project Manager (Former Employee), Jacksonville,FL.July 16, 2014
Good employees that knew their craft, enjoyed almost everyone.
good company, but poor management
Safety (Current Employee), San Francisco, CaJuly 15, 2014
Pros: free lunches, casual enviroment
Cons: concerns and problems are not heard, favoritism, lack of work, managers do not "manage", it's all political
its what you would expect from a shipyard.

department managers are great, they do what they can to support you.
good group of people
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CAJuly 14, 2014
Pros: good benfits good people
Cons: not enought work got laided off.
Yep, good group of people, the work was always changing and no typical day.
Limited advancement potential
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJuly 13, 2014
Limited advancement potential and discouraged career growth.
Really good company!
Project Team Member (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 11, 2014
Pros: great culture and work-life balance
Cons: not much room for growth within hr
Looking back, this was a good company to work for overall. My direct manager afforded me many opportunities to participate in projects above my level and encouraged out-of-the-box thinking! The culture was great at the time and I loved going to work!
Many experiences available
Chief Engineer (Current Employee), Reston, VAJuly 10, 2014
Pros: plenty to keep you busy
Cons: hard to juggle work and family
Love working there. The third largest company in the world with many different types of jobs and opportunities.
i loved working here
Sewing machine operator/pack out (Former Employee), McKee, KYJuly 10, 2014
Pros: i made alot of friends that i will miss
Cons: it shut down
I loved working here, It was a fast paced working environment that I was really good at.
Enjoyed working at this facility for 20 years - multiple owners.
Pricing/Program Finance Manager (Former Employee), Sealy, TXJuly 8, 2014
Started in Sealy, TX, facility in 1994 with Stewart & Stevenson Services then was purchased by Armor Holdings in 2006 and BAE Systems in 2007. I enjoyed the over all experience in Sealy. Work culture was great and with BAE Systems the compensation and benefits improved greatly.
Colorful coworkers always having something to talk about
Mechanical/Microwave Assembly Intern (Former Employee), Nashua, NHJuly 5, 2014
Pros: company benifits, job security, good pay
Cons: dirty workplaces, difficult to apply and get a job
A good company to work for, great company benefits offering to pay off school tuition continue their education. Flexible skills that can be applied to many areas of the company.
A Free Spirited Place with a lot of restriction
Cleaner (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAJuly 3, 2014
Pros: very laid back, the pay was amazing
Cons: no cell phones, termination for use of cell phones
BAE is a very free spirited place to work at, but the supervisors do not take any slacking, and they most definitely do not tolerate the use of cell phones.
Fun and challenging work environment
SCA Engineering Technician III (Former Employee), California, MDJuly 3, 2014
A typical work day consisted of reviewing, understanding, and performing tasks through provided work instructions and technical drawings.
I gained a ton of knowledge about the production aspect of contractor world. Everything from work procedures to client interaction.
Every coworker has been a blast to work with.
hopefully just a bad branch
Engineering Technician IV (Current Employee), MDJuly 2, 2014
Pros: can pretty much guarantee i could continue working here until i die.
Cons: everything else.
I am going to keep this simple. every year, they take away more incentives to stay here, no one that I work with has been given a raise in over 5 years, and the only reason we are still here is because of lack of jobs elsewhere. management either tries to micromanage or has no clue what is going on, and the people who do work, have to pick the slack – more... for all the others that don't want to work. there continues to be more and more work and travel, with fewer and fewer people, and no new people in sight. I do, for the most part, enjoy my co-workers.

Also, the Four-Star for Job Security/Advancement is strictly for job security, there is a complete lack of upward mobility here. – less
Information Technology Specialist (Former Employee), Washington, DCJuly 2, 2014
Managed the procurement, tracking, and monitoring of IT equipment for the Defense Intelligence Agency’s Capitol Equipment Replacement Program.
I already submitted a review for BAE Systems
Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee), Herndon, VAJuly 1, 2014
Pros: great company great location great benefits
Cons: i got laid-off under sequestration
I already submitted a review for them. Why is your system asking me to do this again?
stupid function management system
Sr. Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee), Sterling Heights, MIJuly 1, 2014
BAE Systems land and Armament sector has a stupid engineering function management system to increase the company cost and reduce the work efficiency. In the lowest function group, engineers and their supervisor locate different sites in different states. Supervisor could not play a true role in management function except sign weekly time card online. – more... Supervisor is not responsible for arranging employees' tasks because he has no responsibility of how to complete programs. If supervisor does not join a program as a lead working with other employees, he has no idea of the employee's capability and performance, especially the employee in different site. As a bottom line supervisor he could not travel national wide to meet his group members in a few years. Supervisor is a stranger to employee.
In this company there are two management systems. One is function VP and function managers and supervisors. Other is program VP and program managers. Function side controls the labors and program side handles the project money. The conflict could not make the company as a great work place. The system was built by former CEO in 2007. The previous VP did cut off 60% managers and supervisors to reduce cost but he could not change the system. New CEO is also unable to change the situation. – less
Productive, proactive, employee sensitive, great place to work.
Logistics Analyst / Administrative (Former Employee), Sealy, TXJune 30, 2014
Pros: great benefits, 401k, individual training, college courses, raffles, barbecues
Cons: sometimes long hours upon completion of a project.
We started as Stewart & Stevenson on Harrisburg Blvd in Houston, Texas. We were awarded a multi million dollar contract to begin buidling army vehicles in 1992: we relocated to Sealy, Texas. We started with approximately 35 employees. By 2002 we began building armored vehicles and then we were bought by BAE Systems. Employment grew to over 3,000 employees. – more... We had frequent family activities and barbecue's for milestones met on time. We had great camaraderie between the management and employees; we worked hard together and played hard together; we were like a family.

The hardest part of the job was losing the last big contract ; plus, the budget cuts for military contracts. The most enjoyable part of the job was all of the great people (from all over the world) bringing their inspirations, dedication and laughter.

Management taught me that perseverance meant progress and personal growth. A typical day was when everyone worked hard at their desk or area, helped others and were happy at anyone's success. An employees success always means success for the company.

I would still be a proud employee for BAE Systems today if the plant would not have closed. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About BAE Systems

BAE Systems is the premier trans-Atlantic defense and aerospace company, delivering a full range of products and services for – Read more