BAE Systems
1,180 reviews

BAE Systems Employer Reviews

Test Development Specialist (Former Employee), North Charleston, SCJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: paid well, were flexible with schedules
Cons: lost contract, didn't listen to input on management change considerations.
There was a large work load set from several different platforms. Some of the platforms shared the same or similar equipment therefore shared the same or similar workloads.
Productive and well scheduled
Machinist (Former Employee), Fairfield, OHJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: good equipment, well maintained
Cons: unqualified low level management
Enjoyed the work and liked my coworkers, the work supported our military readiness and I can appreciate that.
It was an exciting place to work.
Executive Secretary (Former Employee), Nashua, NHJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: met wonderful people.
Cons: worked 10 hr days.
I realize that I like working in a busy office where I can utilize my talents and organizational skills.
Productive and fun environment
HELPDESK ANALYST (Current Employee), Crystal City, VAJanuary 18, 2015
Answer calls and guide customers on how to troubleshoot their laptops or desktops.
Bittersweet Work Enivironment
Software Engineer (Current Employee), Binghamton, NYJanuary 17, 2015
This is a great company to start out in. Co-workers are generally helpful and friendly. The ability to set your own hours within reason and every other Friday off policies make working here enjoyable. However, there is a culture of complacency and a general sense of apathy in management of projects. Projects are managed terribly and those with seniority are generally rewarded over those with talent. There's a lot of bad leaders here in positions of authority where they should really just be an integral member of the team. There are no clear pathways to success unless you've spent 10 years doing this and 5 years doing that or 15 years doing another thing. A lot of time is wasted doing things incorrectly or changing them at the last minute.. or perhaps changing them back again a second or third time. Some workers at BAE have tremendous talent and are not used to their full potential nor are given the level of work that they can be motivated to excel at. Interestingly, they are regarded just as well as workers with very little talent. This is a company where you really can't ask for more work or something more challenging. The biggest problem with BAE is that anyone can work there, they don't need exceptional talent in most departments.
Great company to work for
Associate Customer Support Analyst (Buyer) (Former Employee), Herndon, VAJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: great management and co-workers
Cons: laid off due to government budget cuts
My job allowed me to telecommute 100% of the time. It was a very busy and high paced position. I had great co-workers and we worked well together as a team.
Configuration Management Engineer (Former Employee), Northern VAJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: good work environment - management, co-workers.
Cons: average health care. company unable to win new work.
Good management. Team work environment. Would recommend as an employer.
Dynamic, Interesting, Challenging
Field Service Representative (FSR), Senior (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CAJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: highly interesting work, outstanding co-workers, excellent compensation
Cons: large amount of travel, questionable job security
BAE Systems is an exciting place to work. The compensation is excellent. The managers and executives are well above average. I never had a routine day. If you like challenges, if you like traveling around the world, if you like working with excellent people then you will truly enjoy working for BAE Systems.

With the good, come the trade offs. My position required 100 percent travel. I spent an average of 330 days every year in hotels (or on assignment to austere foreign locations). There was no work/life balance because there was no life outside of work. If you are prepared for this, then BAE Systems is a great place to work.

BAE Systems is a defense contractor. Defense cutbacks have resulted in a large reduction in force. I do not think this situation will get any better in the near future.
Great place to intern, lots of opportunity
TECHNICAL INTERN (Former Employee), Manassas, VAJanuary 12, 2015
Members of the team always asked to make sure interns had not only enough to do, but also that they weren't bored with what they were doing.
Contracts
Contract Administrator (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: long term growth, flexible schedule and lots to learn. loyal management.
Cons: the pay is low at first, must work your way up and advocate for your self to get pay increases.
A company where one can grow in all sorts of areas if you want it. Lots to learn through the estimating, proposals, contracts and production cycles. Family atmosphere feel.
Lots to learn at BAE
Assy. Tech Rec. Clerk (Former Employee), Sealy, TXJanuary 7, 2015
This was a very good place to work at. Lots of room for advancement a lot of different depts. to work in and learn new things . Good pay raises all the time. People from all over the world worked there .
Horrible
Material Handler (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: you can absent all the time.
Cons: don't like educated people.
Worst place I've ever worked. Horrible supervisors and upper management.
Horrible
Material Handler (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: you can absent all the time.
Cons: don't like educated people.
Worst place I've ever worked. Horrible supervisors and upper management.
Very good company to work for.
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Hudson, NHJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: co-workers were friendly.
Cons: security was tight.
Closed out open line items on PO’s in Oracle
9-80 work week.
security was tight
Co-workers were friendly
Coworkers work very hard
Analyst (Former Employee), San DiegoJanuary 6, 2015
Though management really did not understand or fail to realize working conditions were not always good, we all got the work done in a timely manner.

Coworkers work very hard for what we do. Everyone is a team player. When a person needs help, someone is always there with a helping hand.They make going to work very enjoyable.
BAE Systems
Contract Sr. Stress Analyst (Former Employee), Mojave, CAJanuary 4, 2015
Good people and good place to work. Excellent management and working environment. I worked well within the structure of the company. I would return if offered a position.
Typical work environment in cubicles
Systems Administrator II (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COJanuary 4, 2015
Decent salary and great benefits but the company's largest client is the Department of Defense; which creates an atmosphere of employees being treated as military. Far to many rules and regulations that are aligned with the military.
Bae Systems
Electrical Engineer II (Former Employee), charleston, scJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: management
The company back when I worked there had great benefits. 401k match fully vested day 1. Good vacation, However local management was unaware of the great opportunity they had in front of them and squander it. They burned bridges that the employees helped build with customers and now are paying for it. Overall the quality of work was on it way down by the time I was heading out. The company is now a shell of what it used to be.
Production
Chief Operator - Green Lines (Former Employee), Radford, VADecember 30, 2014
It was a fun place to work everybody got along and worked together as a team always pulling together to get the job done in safe manner.Upper management was always nice was always wanting to know if there was anything they could do to improve the work place.
Review of daily work load
IT Support (Former Employee), Washington, DCDecember 27, 2014
Pros: always learning and continually being challeged
Cons: looking for more growth opportunities
great place to work with great benefits. always a challenge and love my co-workers

1 2 3 4 5

About BAE Systems

BAE Systems is the premier trans-Atlantic defense and aerospace company, delivering a full range of products and services for – Read more