BAE Systems Employee Reviews

Found 1,562 reviews matching the search
Tough Environment
Talent Acquisition Lead (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAApril 26, 2017
I have worked for BAE for 21 years. I've learned a lot during my years with BAE. The hardest part of my job, was the constant restructuring and reorganizing of the business. When I joined the company it was mission oriented and had a clear vision. I enjoyed working with my internal and external managers supporting there programs, and had great success standing up new programs, and supporting surge recruiting efforts.
Pros
Excellent Company when they business is good.
Cons
Employee Development
Good experience
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAApril 26, 2017
The front office was less likely to maintain good communications with the folks on contract at the off-site location. Some of their policies were in effect just paper - Corp didn't follow through on what was published.
Fast paced
Senior Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDApril 26, 2017
Lot of work but was extremely well managed by the bosses. Most employees were there over twenty five years. Competitive benefits along with a nine day work cycle.
Good place to work. Benefits are good.
Operations Program Manager II (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 24, 2017
Good place to work. Company has good benefits. Management is good. The ethic hotline needs to be revamped. Good work atmosphere. Employees are very friendly.
great place to work
Deisel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 24, 2017
i enjoyed my time working for BAE, if possible i would love to work for them again. great atmosphere easy yet faced paced, in most cases you are setup to excel
Pros
great pay and benefits
Order Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wahiawā, HIApril 21, 2017
Relaxed but making sure that daily tasking is completed. The only personnel that you work with is military personnel. Making sure that all processed document are complete up to company standards
Pros
great work environment
Cons
standards change consistently
Great people to work with.
Operator (Current Employee) –  Kingsport, TNApril 21, 2017
Management allows certain employees run the show for a whole department. Worked a variety of schedules to accommodate another employee who was equal to me. HR condones the actions of the employee. They speak as if they want the employee gone but with given information about discrimination they do nothing about it.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
micromanage
Senior Intelligence Analyst
Watch Floor Manager / Senior Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAApril 21, 2017
Solid company, proud to have worked for. Enough movement through the lower ranks of the company as well as the possibility to move around as needed for a job. Limited again to locations on the east and west coast for most jobs.
You can get lay-off at any time
Department Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDApril 19, 2017
I was very happy to work for them. The only problem is they are government contractor. When they cut their Budget, they have to let you go. They don't even try to find you another position
Hard, long day, but rewarding
Fire Watch (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAApril 17, 2017
The staff was dedicated to their tasks.I felt comfortable working in the enviornment. The coworkers were helpful, and even had a self-started buddy system that helped employees with tranasportation.
Excellent Co. to work for.
Alarm Monitor (Former Employee) –  Keyport, WAApril 17, 2017
Rams Security was in the security business for the government and other high profile businesses and really took care of it's employees. They worked with you and were always there with an answer.
Productive, able to elevate in work area
Fire Watch (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAApril 16, 2017
I believe working here can open doors for you, depending on your career goal in life. It's a place for growth, as well as expanding in an environment such as fixing, helping, an maintaining a safe work place.
An Excellent Defense company
Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 13, 2017
BAE Systems maintain a deep understanding of emerging and game changing technologies so they can identify the areas of investment that will ensure them maintain global leading in military, aerospace, and security capabilities. Partnering with academic and industrial leaders they develop new technologies to support our future product strategies. This enables them to deliver innovative, affordable and effective capabilities to our customers and drive sustainable growth within the business.
nice clean coffee room
Communication Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXApril 12, 2017
perfect eight hour day
cross trained in other areas
management looked out for the employees
diverse culture
pushing out vehicles during short deadlines
having fun pushing out the job
Pros
perfect working hours
Cons
working inside cold vehicles in the winter
BAE Systems is a wonderful company to work for
Laborer/Helper/Firewatch/Holewatch (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 11, 2017
BAE Systems is a wonderful company to work for. Their attitudes towards their employees is amazing. They had safety people around always keeping things in order.
Good company
Accounting Rep IV / International Payroll (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAApril 11, 2017
Overall the company is good to work for. They support a lot of charities and veterans. The atmosphere has definitely changed in the 30 years that I have been with them. It was more of a family feeling company way back in the beginning. Now it is all about the bottom line.
Pros
Free soda and juice in our office. Able to telacommute
Cons
thinks technology is always the best when sometimes you have to go old school.
Thought it would be my final job.
Sr. Designer/Drafter (Former Employee) –  Sealy, TXApril 6, 2017
A good job, while it lasted. Firm was outbid for the follow-on contract with the military. The actual work was creative and my work on a prototype vehicle was challenging and fulfilling. The hardest part was keeping up with the military's ever-changing requirements. The plant was closed and the entire workforce was laid off.
Pros
Benefits and work challenges.
Cons
Plant closure.
Great food truck
Rigger (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 4, 2017
Great place to work for experience in different trades. Such as welding, rigging, pipe fitting, electrical work, painting, carpenting, laboring. Great environment aswell
BAE systems is a great company
SIGINT Analyst (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAApril 4, 2017
My experience is as an employee in Afghanistan. The project managers are great. There is a great level of professionalism. The only drawback to the whole deployment in Afghanistan is that corporate does not understand the limited condition for network access. The want training done with computer videos. But the internet is slow. We don't have scanners and they want things scanned. the little things that prove corporate is out of touch. But, for the most part this company has people that take care of us out here.
A typical work day in Afghanistan is 12 hours a day everyday. We are given 29 days break a year. Transportation to Dubai for international flight is 1000.00 then you pay from there to get home. BAE does not pay for your trip home. The cut cost to win the contract and they passed those cuts on to the employees in Afghanistan. No paid vacation and 401K matching.
Pros
Great people, great benefits for Afghanistan
Cons
No paid leave and no 401 K matching for this contract
Productive and fun workplace
ARMY PROGRAMS TECHNOLOGY DEVELOPMENT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 4, 2017
BAE is a great place to learn good infrastructure. There is excellent leadership and well established mentor program. Staff are treated fairly and there is good support for work life balance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BAE Systems. Our community is ready to answer.