BAE Systems
1,190 reviews

BAE Systems Employer Reviews

Excellent place to work
Manufacturing Project Manager I (Former Employee), Uniontown, Pa.January 27, 2015
If you have the opportunity to work for BAE Systems, jump on it. The best company to work for in my entire career.
A great place to have worked
Assembler II (Former Employee), York, PAJanuary 27, 2015
It was a great experience to have worked there making heavy equipment for the Military and just knowing that you were a part of something that saved soldiers lives and really made a difference in the world with something you were a part of building It was a place where team work really was important!
Very nice place
Rigger (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAJanuary 26, 2015
I really liked working with the patience and helping them with their needs. A typical day I would go around the building to each room and look for any problems or concerns.
Started in tool room finished in management
Field Service Representative (Former Employee), Anniston, AlabamaJanuary 26, 2015
Great place to work building transit buses for different cities throughout the United States.
Senior Test Engineer (Former Employee), Sealy, TXJanuary 25, 2015
Interesting, relevant work interfacing with military in a great climate.
I have been working at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
SR Test Technician (Former Employee), NASHUA NHJanuary 24, 2015
Too much politics around roles and promotions
-Lack of proper direction from senior management
-Business rules are applied inconsistently (e.g. between promotion candidates, expectations of what a job role should do vs what is stated)
-Lots of red tape that is difficult to wade through, even for small tasks
-Attrition is high, with a lot of the good people leaving
-The direction of the company has changed from a small, high end consultancy competing through quality
N/A
Field Service Engineer (Current Employee), Sealy, TXJanuary 23, 2015
.Great company. Management is great, most co workers are prior military and great to work around with.
Test Development Specialist (Former Employee), North Charleston, SCJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: paid well, were flexible with schedules
Cons: lost contract, didn't listen to input on management change considerations.
There was a large work load set from several different platforms. Some of the platforms shared the same or similar equipment therefore shared the same or similar workloads.
Productive and well scheduled
Machinist (Former Employee), Fairfield, OHJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: good equipment, well maintained
Cons: unqualified low level management
Enjoyed the work and liked my coworkers, the work supported our military readiness and I can appreciate that.
It was an exciting place to work.
Executive Secretary (Former Employee), Nashua, NHJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: met wonderful people.
Cons: worked 10 hr days.
I realize that I like working in a busy office where I can utilize my talents and organizational skills.
Productive and fun environment
HELPDESK ANALYST (Current Employee), Crystal City, VAJanuary 18, 2015
Answer calls and guide customers on how to troubleshoot their laptops or desktops.
Bittersweet Work Enivironment
Software Engineer (Current Employee), Binghamton, NYJanuary 17, 2015
This is a great company to start out in. Co-workers are generally helpful and friendly. The ability to set your own hours within reason and every other Friday off policies make working here enjoyable. However, there is a culture of complacency and a general sense of apathy in management of projects. Projects are managed terribly and those with seniority are generally rewarded over those with talent. There's a lot of bad leaders here in positions of authority where they should really just be an integral member of the team. There are no clear pathways to success unless you've spent 10 years doing this and 5 years doing that or 15 years doing another thing. A lot of time is wasted doing things incorrectly or changing them at the last minute.. or perhaps changing them back again a second or third time. Some workers at BAE have tremendous talent and are not used to their full potential nor are given the level of work that they can be motivated to excel at. Interestingly, they are regarded just as well as workers with very little talent. This is a company where you really can't ask for more work or something more challenging. The biggest problem with BAE is that anyone can work there, they don't need exceptional talent in most departments.
Great company to work for
Associate Customer Support Analyst (Buyer) (Former Employee), Herndon, VAJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: great management and co-workers
Cons: laid off due to government budget cuts
My job allowed me to telecommute 100% of the time. It was a very busy and high paced position. I had great co-workers and we worked well together as a team.
Configuration Management Engineer (Former Employee), Northern VAJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: good work environment - management, co-workers.
Cons: average health care. company unable to win new work.
Good management. Team work environment. Would recommend as an employer.
Dynamic, Interesting, Challenging
Field Service Representative (FSR), Senior (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CAJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: highly interesting work, outstanding co-workers, excellent compensation
Cons: large amount of travel, questionable job security
BAE Systems is an exciting place to work. The compensation is excellent. The managers and executives are well above average. I never had a routine day. If you like challenges, if you like traveling around the world, if you like working with excellent people then you will truly enjoy working for BAE Systems.

With the good, come the trade offs. My position required 100 percent travel. I spent an average of 330 days every year in hotels (or on assignment to austere foreign locations). There was no work/life balance because there was no life outside of work. If you are prepared for this, then BAE Systems is a great place to work.

BAE Systems is a defense contractor. Defense cutbacks have resulted in a large reduction in force. I do not think this situation will get any better in the near future.
Great place to intern, lots of opportunity
TECHNICAL INTERN (Former Employee), Manassas, VAJanuary 12, 2015
Members of the team always asked to make sure interns had not only enough to do, but also that they weren't bored with what they were doing.
Contracts
Contract Administrator (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: long term growth, flexible schedule and lots to learn. loyal management.
Cons: the pay is low at first, must work your way up and advocate for your self to get pay increases.
A company where one can grow in all sorts of areas if you want it. Lots to learn through the estimating, proposals, contracts and production cycles. Family atmosphere feel.
Lots to learn at BAE
Assy. Tech Rec. Clerk (Former Employee), Sealy, TXJanuary 7, 2015
This was a very good place to work at. Lots of room for advancement a lot of different depts. to work in and learn new things . Good pay raises all the time. People from all over the world worked there .
Horrible
Material Handler (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: you can absent all the time.
Cons: don't like educated people.
Worst place I've ever worked. Horrible supervisors and upper management.
Horrible
Material Handler (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: you can absent all the time.
Cons: don't like educated people.
Worst place I've ever worked. Horrible supervisors and upper management.

1 2 3 4 5

About BAE Systems

BAE Systems is the premier trans-Atlantic defense and aerospace company, delivering a full range of products and services for – Read more