BAE Systems

BAE Systems Employer Reviews

Production Process Engineer (Current Employee), Fort Wayne, INJuly 24, 2014
PPE co-workers are phenomenal talented engineers that make it fun
to work there. We have the same goals of delivering quality product to the customer.
Pretty good place
LEAD RESEARCH ANALYST (Former Employee), McLean, VAJuly 23, 2014
Pros: good management, valued employees
Cons: paid time off!
The benefits have eroded a little over the years, but they had started out better than most other companies in the business when I started with it. They are still above average now for companies of this size in this business. They are significantly better than anything offered in the public sector on a cost versus benefit basis in terms of medical and – more... dental - going from coverage of a government employee to private sector employee with this company saw an amazing increase in coverage and a decrease in costs. Leave time is on par with anything a public sector employee with less than 3 years' experience can expect (bad), but the company is generally flexible on making up hours if one must take unexpected leave when a customer site is closed due to weather or other issues. Paid time off is on par with other companies in this sector if not better.

Management quality in my experience is overall in the good to excellent range. Overall I've love my management. I am certain there are "bad apples" within any company this size, but the folks who were promoted to management positions while I was with it were both well-deserving and good fits for the most part. The company seemed to regard those who want to take the management track and those who preferred the "doer" track with equal regard while I was in multiple positions, which tells me this is a company-wide policy. As somebody who preferred to be a "doer" (no disrespect to management, you do management work versus doing tasks work), the company is/was good to me. For somebody who wants to be a life-long analyst versus a manager, this is not a bad place in my experience. When there was a reduction in force at one government customer, the company did a good job at finding the GREATEST fit for me with another and paid me while waiting.

I have complaints about the company from a personal point of view, but they are nothing different than I would complain about any company that pays me a salary for the work I do. I want more time off. I want more money. I want...a company car and credit card. Surely my annual salary should have been in the millions and BAE did not realize that, but overall it was pretty realistic with what I should experience in the real world. It does a good job promoting managers and giving opportunities to the "doers" to become managers and valuing its doers who aren’t interested in management. I would suggest working there if you get the chance. – less
clean warehouse offere all the tools for the job great equpiment
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee), Hamilton, OHJuly 23, 2014
come in at 10.00 pm work until 6.30am long nights no breaks besides lunch.. management was fine and so was co workers just hard work but great pay and benefits
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee), Lexington Park, MDJuly 23, 2014
Complied, sorted, and verified accuracy of data to be entered.
• Recorded, edited, stored and revised correspondence, memos, reports, forms, and document using word processing software.
• Scanned documents for program management.
• Created spreadsheets for program management personnel.
• Provided administrative support to program managers.
• Download – more... time tickets for BAE personnel.
• Processed weekly overtime reports and maintained supply for BAE facilities. – less
BAE systems is a good place to work with good benefits and good location
Accounting manager/Reporting and consolidation (Current Employee), Rockville, MDJuly 21, 2014
Pros: good management-perfect location
Cons: insecurity
A typical day of work is managing my staff and day to day transactions.
I learned to work independently
My co-workers are professional and team workers
The hardest part of the job is constant change in management
All the work was a Classified nature.
Sr.Principal System Engineer at the DIAC (Former Employee), McLean, VAJuly 19, 2014
Pros: self supervised
Electrical Power Network Studies and Power World distribution model CIP to Sudden Capitol
Meeting new people around the world
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INJuly 18, 2014
Pros: challenging and relationship building
Cons: not many advancement opportunities
BAE Systems opens you up to meeting people around the world and building relationships. Great Company to work for!
Great company to work for
Senior Lead Subcontracts Administrator (Current Employee), Reston, VAJuly 17, 2014
Pros: great company to work for
Great place to start yur career.

The company onvest in their employees

Work environment is great in every aspect
Big company with many opportunities
IT Service Delivery Executive (Current Employee), Herndon, VAJuly 16, 2014
Pros: large, diverse workforce, variety of projects and experiences
Cons: big company!
Very fast moving company. Cost conscience. IT customers concerned with receiving best value for their IT dollars
Semi-professional atmospere and military friendly company.
Full Motion Video (FMV) Analyst (Former Employee), McLean, VAJuly 16, 2014
Pros: great job location
Cons: no lunch breaks, short bathroom breaks, very fast pace sometimes too fast paced.
It was a fun and interesting job with chances for moving up I the management field but no room for advancement within the intelligence field.
Project Manager (Former Employee), Jacksonville,FL.July 16, 2014
Good employees that knew their craft, enjoyed almost everyone.
good company, but poor management
Safety (Current Employee), San Francisco, CaJuly 15, 2014
Pros: free lunches, casual enviroment
Cons: concerns and problems are not heard, favoritism, lack of work, managers do not "manage", it's all political
its what you would expect from a shipyard.

department managers are great, they do what they can to support you.
good group of people
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CAJuly 14, 2014
Pros: good benfits good people
Cons: not enought work got laided off.
Yep, good group of people, the work was always changing and no typical day.
Limited advancement potential
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJuly 13, 2014
Limited advancement potential and discouraged career growth.
Really good company!
Project Team Member (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 11, 2014
Pros: great culture and work-life balance
Cons: not much room for growth within hr
Looking back, this was a good company to work for overall. My direct manager afforded me many opportunities to participate in projects above my level and encouraged out-of-the-box thinking! The culture was great at the time and I loved going to work!
Many experiences available
Chief Engineer (Current Employee), Reston, VAJuly 10, 2014
Pros: plenty to keep you busy
Cons: hard to juggle work and family
Love working there. The third largest company in the world with many different types of jobs and opportunities.
i loved working here
Sewing machine operator/pack out (Former Employee), McKee, KYJuly 10, 2014
Pros: i made alot of friends that i will miss
Cons: it shut down
I loved working here, It was a fast paced working environment that I was really good at.
Enjoyed working at this facility for 20 years - multiple owners.
Pricing/Program Finance Manager (Former Employee), Sealy, TXJuly 8, 2014
Started in Sealy, TX, facility in 1994 with Stewart & Stevenson Services then was purchased by Armor Holdings in 2006 and BAE Systems in 2007. I enjoyed the over all experience in Sealy. Work culture was great and with BAE Systems the compensation and benefits improved greatly.
Colorful coworkers always having something to talk about
Mechanical/Microwave Assembly Intern (Former Employee), Nashua, NHJuly 5, 2014
Pros: company benifits, job security, good pay
Cons: dirty workplaces, difficult to apply and get a job
A good company to work for, great company benefits offering to pay off school tuition continue their education. Flexible skills that can be applied to many areas of the company.
A Free Spirited Place with a lot of restriction
Cleaner (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAJuly 3, 2014
Pros: very laid back, the pay was amazing
Cons: no cell phones, termination for use of cell phones
BAE is a very free spirited place to work at, but the supervisors do not take any slacking, and they most definitely do not tolerate the use of cell phones.

1 2 3 4 5

About BAE Systems

BAE Systems is the premier trans-Atlantic defense and aerospace company, delivering a full range of products and services for – Read more