BAE Systems
1,334 reviews

BAE Systems Employee Reviews

The most talented group of engineers to work with.
System Test Engineer, Global Fighter Programs (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJuly 4, 2015
The company was focused on their employees well being. Management communicated very well when issues occurred.
Again, many engineers from different programs and locations from my past were now assembled together to support this unique program.
A really great work enviornment with easy access to the supervisor if problems existed.
Instructional Systems Design Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Benning, GAJuly 3, 2015
Pros: Excellent pay, great working conditions.
Cons: Not able to have a 401k plan.
My work day started at 8 am and ended at 5pm. During the course of the day my duties included studying classes that I had to present to the students. Once I studied the class then I had to certify the class by having a board with my peers for certification. I learned that In order to teach someone you must know and understand the class and the systems that you are teaching and presenting. My management – more... was outstanding. if there was something that I didn't know or understand, my supervisor or second in charge was there to help me out. Co-workers, we were a team of brothers that took care of one another. We worked close to one other to ensure we were putting out the correct information. The hardest part of the job was learning the computer system FBCB2. But once I learned the system I was able to navigate through it and teach the soldiers. The enjoyable part of the job. The soldiers. Being around the soldiers and being able to instruct them on the equipment they would be utilizing. – less
Great experience on new age comm tech
Electronics Technician I (Current Employee), Charleston, SCJuly 1, 2015
I enjoy the work, atmosphere, and people that I work with. I wake up very early to start work on-time, but it pays off huge by having every Friday off in addition to the weekend.
EMPLOYEES ARE LIKE FAMILY
Provided Executive Assistance (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJune 30, 2015
MANAGEMENT ARE EXCELLENT AND EVERYONE IS LIKE A FAMILY MEMBER.

EMPLOYEES WORK INDEPENDENTLY WHICH IS VERY GOOD BECAUSE IT MEANS THAT MANAGEMENT TRUST EMPLOYEES
N/A
Senior Test Analyst/Software Test Engineer (Lead) (Current Employee), McLean, VAJune 30, 2015
With BAE for many years and they have been good to me. Unfortunately they are making changes and will no longer be supporting the customer I would like to work for.
NA
Intelligence Analyst (2013-2014) (Former Employee), VirginiaJune 27, 2015
I will always be grateful for opportunities given at this company. Working in this field was rewarding and an invaluable experience; however, I do not desire to advance in this particular field.
Outstanding Company
Master Planner (Former Employee), Totowa NJJune 26, 2015
Pros: free lunches excellent benefits
Cons: laid off due to budget cuts
• Maintain six program resource loaded schedules and support two major programs on an as need basis.
• Critically analyze referenced programs for schedule slippages, float degradation, and improper Cost Account Manager Statusing.
• Recognize and assess potential problems in program schedules prior to their import into the Cobra Earned Value Management System.
• Interface with Cost Account Managers – more... to collect weekly and monthly program task status updates and input them into master program schedule while analyzing and resolving any discrepancies resulting from the import.
• Work with members of technical staff to facilitate process improvements and consistently evaluate tasks for areas of improvement
• Became Cobra Certified in December 2007. Obtained Cobra Certification after attending a 40 hour training class. – less
Hardwork means promotion.
Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Jessup, PAJune 25, 2015
Pros: Salary
Cons: Job required 2 supervisors per shift, I managed both jobs.
Responsible for total shift production supervision and production output. Overseen inventory requirements and quality measures.
Kept production levels at peak levels without waste. Monitored working conditions of all automated production equipment.
Yikes. No job security and scared management
Systems Administrator (Former Employee), McLean, VAJune 23, 2015
Pros: Initial Compensation is competitive
Cons: Management, below average pay raises, micro-management
Weasels for management. So scared to lose their jobs, that they won't protect your job. They put spineless people in management positions in order to reduce conflict.
Very busy workplace with great people to work around
Special Admin II (Former Employee), Norfolk, VirginiaJune 23, 2015
A typical day involves me starting to put in budgets for US Naval Ships while processing Mileage Reports for employees.

Approving sub reqs and processing items in IMS that were approved by NSSA.

I barely needed to be managed and usually stayed in my cubicle plugging away at work. I love keeping busy.

My co-workers included people not in my department, mainly super superintendents , but we – more... all got along very well and it was pretty fun to work with all of them including my manager.

I actually found nothing very hard or challenging about this job except for maybe the few times I'd pull three 12 hour shifts in a row but I liked the money so I never refused.

The most enjoyable part of it was constantly keeping busy and the people, I usually keep to myself but they were a fun bunch. – less
Productive, Challenging
Full Motion Video (FMV) Analyst (Current Employee), Virginia, Tyson's cornerJune 19, 2015
Pros: Unique, dynamic ever-changing, work environment
Cons: Shift work is exhausting on the mind, body and family.
Good employer who cares more for their employees more than they overtly demonstrate. Working with this company can be very rewarding and educational. Very professional staff at their corporate head quarters and the hardest part of working for this company is not the work itself but being disconnected and not being able to participate in the many events they host. (I worked deployed & shift work)
workplace with life/work balance
Software Engineer (Current Employee), Washington, DCJune 19, 2015
Pros: competitive benefits and salaries, good resources of training, good management people and HR people
Cons: working on Government contracts and if the contract is lost, they probably cannot provide you with another job immediately
pros: competitive benefits and salaries, good resources of training, good management people and HR people
cons: working on Government contracts and if the contract is lost, they probably cannot provide you with another job immediately
Enjoyable co-workers and able to express concerns openly
Quality Assurance Inspector Level IV (Current Employee), Pearl Harbor, HIJune 16, 2015
Pros: Each day is different.
Cons: Can have long work days.
Great position for a self motivated individual. Within the department, we all enjoy each others company and are all motivated to excel. We help each other. I am able to learn many aspects of the ship building industry.
fun and effective workplace
cable puller (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAJune 15, 2015
learned how to use to lock out tag out method and learned different parts of the ship from top to bottom. I learned how to run power cables through the ship to set up for electricity
Great work place
Assembly Mechanic (Former Employee), Sealy, TXJune 14, 2015
Pros: good work environment
Cons: temp job
Organized- the work day was planned. The tools and hardware was available. Management was peaceful and respectful. Everyone got along with each other
Good with fails.
Engineering Contractor (Current Employee), MobileJune 13, 2015
Pros: Employees
Cons: Communications
Great company but middle management lacks upper management connectivity and understanding of big picture to complete the vision of corporate interface construct to achieve desired goals.
good experience
Sheet Metal Worker (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJune 13, 2015
working for navy was a good experience a lot of good people just a good place to work but not for everyone long hours hard work harsh working conditions and a rush to get the job done
Satisfactory large company
Master Trainer (Current Employee), DC Metro AreaJune 11, 2015
Pros: Pay, benefits, perks/deals with businesses
Cons: Employee care
BAE Systems is a large company, and despite its size, does fairly well as far as compensation, employee benefits and customer service. It does; however, come with the quirks of being a large company, in that there are little to no exceptions for "rules/standards" in events of personal crisis. In other words, they're going to look out first and foremost for the company. The needs of employees is grossly disregarded. In short, they don't care.
It's a surreal place
Software Engineer (Former Employee), Endicott, NYJune 11, 2015
Pros: Everything
Cons: Contract only
Working at BAE feels like a strange dream. Everyone is so nice, the supervisors are straight forward and would help you if they see you struggling. Everything works in synergy and I feels great!
Descent place to work with many retired military
Property Control Lead (Current Employee), Temple, TXJune 10, 2015
Pros: Mangement is willing to work with employees in regards to VA and other doctor appointments
Cons: contract company so work is heavy when contract is ongoing, but slow when contract winds down
BAE Systems is an overall good place to work that is military heavy. Many of the employees have served in the Armed Forces, so the culture and environment would be very familiar to an individual just leaving the service.

1 2 3 4 5

About BAE Systems

BAE Systems is the premier trans-Atlantic defense and aerospace company, delivering a full range of products and services for – Read more

BAE Systems Salaries