BAE Systems Employee Reviews

Found 1,627 reviews matching the search
Excellent place to work.
Assembly Technician I (Former Employee) –  Anniston, ALJune 22, 2017
I absolutely loved working for Bae Systems. It is an awesome place to work. Great people. Friendly atmosphere. Learned so much working here. Great place.
Pros
Friendly people. Great atmosphere.
Cons
None.
Worked hard to move up in company/department
Coordinator I (Former Employee) –  Endicott, NYJune 21, 2017
Good company, but certain departments are difficult to work for. High turnover. Oracle system is very complex and the work arounds are very time consuming. Worked with others in different departments to ensure system was flowing properly,.
Pros
Fun coworkers
Cons
Difficult management; challenge to work for
not a promising career opportunity
welder (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 21, 2017
BAE was the worst job experience I have ever had. They do not care about you or your family. They will stressfully work you and consistently threaten your job.
Pros
pay FINALLY is witjin market
Cons
poor management
Poorly managed
Yacht Lead Refinisher (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 20, 2017
Very poorly managed. Very unsafe place to work. Unpredictable schedule you can never plan anything with your family because they will change your days off in a moments notice. Only time you can plan anything is with outing your vacation in for approval. Then it can be denied. Low morale in workforce. I wouldn't recommend anyone working at the BAE I worked at.
BAE does not try to manage from above
Senior Principal Database Design Analyst (Former Employee) –  Newington, VAJune 20, 2017
BAE was an interesting company to work for. They managed from a distance and the position was extremely fun to work in with all the other BAE employees.
Pros
Working Environment and Team Members
Cons
Not I can thinl about
Personal experience varies greatly depending on location
Sr. Principal Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 20, 2017
Personal experience varies greatly depending on location (east vs west coast)
Good technical work opportunities on some programs
Flexible work schedule
Good salary
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Springfield, VAJune 18, 2017
My experience with BAE has been very positive. Because I work at a customer site, I've had very little experience or knowledge of "employee life" at the company headquarters.
I'd work for them again
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VAJune 15, 2017
teams worked well together
productive days
focusing during meetings
last minute changes in directions
culture in the workplace was easy to deal with, because of the people
Nice place to work
Travel and Expense Processor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 15, 2017
As a contracted employee, they are friendly, the atmosphere is very quiet and busy, but as long as you do your job, you will be part of the team. The workplace is very diversified and they focus on satisfying their customers.
Inventory Specailist
Asset Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJJune 14, 2017
In this position you are searching and scanning all the assets in both buildings they own. It goes by fast in the beginning but as you get closer and closer to finding all the assets the days start to drag on.
People Make The Job
Warehouse Support (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 14, 2017
The hours were long and I always kept busy, but this place was wonderful.

My direct manager was attentive and easy going.
Even during stressful deadlines, he never made the team feel off balance or stressed.

His boss, one of the best men with whom I've had the pleasure of working.

Almost all entry level positions are temporary through a third party, but once you're in, you are part of the family.

That's really the only downside. When it's slow season, temps go home, but they are almost always contacted and brought back on board when new contracts arrive.
Pros
Healthy Work Environment, Great People
Cons
Temporary to start. Benefits are pricey, but available.
work load is reduce
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJune 14, 2017
just got laid off due to reduce work force but the supervisors are great to work for. only work 40 hours a week. weekends off
they due travel sometimes to
Pros
good money
Cons
lay offs
Contract position
Consultant / Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAJune 12, 2017
Its been a long time since this position and I really don't remember much to say referencing it. Coworkers were great and I learned a lot about Fire Services .
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
fun workplace
Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  Summerville, SCJune 12, 2017
great people and safe environment to work in, it is a very great choice of employment to start a family, other than waking up at 4:30 every morning I really can say that I enjoy waking up every morning to go to work
awesome job
GIS Analyst (Former Employee) –  Langley, VAJune 12, 2017
hard working individuals that all worked together to create a betterment for the overall team. Shift work was a must but created a bond among coworkers.
Producticve Company
Assembly Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Sealy, TX 77474June 12, 2017
I have always like working with the military. Building Military trucks to be sent overseas was a challenge for me. I was putting harness on the engines as came through the production line.
Excellent Company
Intelligence Analyst (Watch listing) (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAJune 11, 2017
Company is geared towards the successfully completing the mission and employee satisfaction. Excellent work place very good stepping stone for juniors.
Great Place to wok
SR Estimator (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 9, 2017
Work is steady, engaging and a joy to show up to each day. All of the managers and leads I have worked for have been a pleasure to be around. The same goes for most of the employees.
BAE was good until the layoff
Team Leader - Assembler/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 9, 2017
I was a part of the layoff so it I really don't have as much of an opinion as other people. I worked there for quite a while and it was good to me while I was there.
Excellent company to work for!
Principle Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJune 8, 2017
I didn't work at a BAE Systems office, so I can't comment on direct experience with BAE's workplace culture. I worked at a remote site on an IT support sub-contract under a primary contractor, so it was really the primary's culture that was in play. If there were any negatives it was because there were some shortcomings with the prime contractor's on-site management, but that didn't have anything to do with BAE Systems.
BAE Systems provided great HR support and there were great benefits and a competitive salary. The systems management work I performed was challenging at times, but not because of anything that BAE Systems was doing. My relationships and experiences with the BAE managers I interacted with were excellent. I always felt I had their support and could communicate with them freely.
Pros
Benefits, Paid Time Off, Salary
Cons
None that I noticed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BAE Systems. Our community is ready to answer.