BAE Systems

1.4K reviews

BAE Systems Employee Reviews

Intense workflow with great means to garner significant experience.
Task Lead/Intelligence Analyst Senior (Current Employee), Washington, DCJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Gret PTO Plan
While with BAE Systems I have been able to learn several new skills that have made me a better candidate to work in the current structure of the Intelligence Community.
BAE Systems
Information System Admin IV (Current Employee), VirginiaJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Big Company
Cons: Selling off Services
Big Company that is selling off Services. Was an excellent company for growth. Looking a hard products to sell and not interested in Services due to small business.
cooperative and efficient team work with a fun enjoyable environment
Business Administrator (Former Employee), Al-Shaheen / MOD KSA.July 27, 2015
Pros: Family environemnt
Cons: Management.
Amazing working environment with a satisfactory salary and benefits. It needs full dedications from employees even if work requires relocating to a near by associate entities. Worked overtime sometimes while it was possible to push it to the next day.
Dedication to the War-Fighter - Is the Mission
IM Data Analyst II (Data Manager Level 2) (Current Employee), Nashua NHJuly 26, 2015
Very Good Company to work for. Dedicated employees who truly enjoy and believe in what they do! Opportunities to move forward in a career.
Finance
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), St. Inigoes, MarylandJuly 26, 2015
Pros: Consolidated Work Schedule Being off every other Friday
Cons: I honestly can't think of any
A typical day is not always typical. Multi-tasking required from doing Risks, dealing with our customer the government can be a lot.
Professional appearance and professional instruction and pride
Instructor (Current Employee), Fort Hood, TXJuly 25, 2015
Pros: Wonderful professional company that have employees that are a joy to work with
Cons: None
I have always enjoyed working with the people employed at BAE systems. The total dedication to provide training to US Military of National guard and Active Army in all aspects of the Bradley Fighting Vehicle. The process begins with Preventive Maintenance Checks and Services with inspections. The professional classes are given in Power Point Presentation, after-which the Soldiers receive hands on application and then are evaluated with a student performances. The ability for the Soldiers to become proficient is when they drive day and night and use Navigation system from point to point. the last phase of Training consist of the Soldier going to Gunnery, as they must qualify on their vehicles.
The people that i work with are incredible professionals within thier trade. The instructors always display pride in all that they do as they care very much for their positions and the instruction that they provide to the Soldiers that they train. The continued qualification of classes ensures that accurate knowledge and understanding is always provided to the clients that we work with. The many awards that are given after a teach proves that that the Soldiers are grateful for all the dedication that i and many other instructor always present and demonstrate during a teach.
Help Desk Analyst (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 23, 2015
BAE Systems has been a good place to be. with the downsizing it has become harder for Contractors to expect to be converted to permanent employee
One of the best defense contractors
Principal Application Developer (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 23, 2015
Great environment in which to work. Many very interesting projects and challenges.
Supportive management. Great benefits.
Numerous opportunities to get involved with business side of the company, just need to let people know.
Job Discription
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee), Charleston, SCJuly 22, 2015
Plan, organize, supervise and participate in daily warehouse operation and activities, including the receipt, documentation, storage, safety and distribution of equipment and supplies and maintenance of inventory.
Hectic
Project/Task Manager (Former Employee), VirginiaJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Nice atmosphere and comfortable surroundings with friendly people
Cons: Constant reorganisation and changing requirements...caution around HR
Over all good culture with good people and benefits. Work is plentiful if your are in the in the favorites environment. Travel varies according to government budgets and which group you're in. Promotion and raises are seldom and rare.
great pay but no benefits
Inventory Support Specialist II (Former Employee), Fort Stewart, GAJuly 22, 2015
I enjoyed working with this organization. They need to offer benefits to employees. They have been in business for a long time.
Pretty good place to work
Software Engineer (Current Employee), Rome, NYJuly 19, 2015
Enjoyed working there. Good culture and friendly people. The office was small so advancement opportunities were sometimes limited. Benefits have taken a beating over the past few years as the company has worked to reduce overhead costs.
BAE Systems is a fine place to work
Senior Software Engineer/Research and Development (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 17, 2015
Pros: The people are great
Cons: Poor work life balance
The campus is nice and located in beautiful Rancho Bernardo. I spend a lot of my day coding in my cube. The rest of the day is spent collaborating with coworkers which I thoroughly enjoy. The employees are driven and very smart people. Unfortunately we are strongly encouraged to work extra hours which seems to be required for career progression. Thankfully the work is challenging and enjoyable.
excellent company
Systems Administrator (Former Employee), Washington, DCJuly 17, 2015
Pros: everything
Cons: none
excellent company to work for. Moved from DC back to Texas otherwise I'd still be with them. Management and advancement excellent.
Rewarding manufacturing life critical components
Manager, Production (IOTV) (Current Employee), Jessup, PAJuly 16, 2015
Pros: Great work schedule, 4x 10 hrs
Cons: Inconsistant work availability for the facility.
I enjoy the challenges and fast paced atmosphere working at BAE. I have gained additional experience and can appreciate working as a contractor for our military. The Senior management lacks communication to their employees. Being transparent with the overall business plan would make BAE a better place to work.
Strong engineering environment, abandoned work culture
Software Engineer (Current Employee), Burlington, MAJuly 14, 2015
Pros: 401k, Location, Low Pressure
Cons: Work / Life Balance
Amazing place to learn the technical skills. Co-workers are generally very intelligent and hold Master's or higher. Culture and social environment is abandoned.
Challenging assignments with high rewards
Senior Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee), Washington, DCJuly 14, 2015
Pros: High level of trust between company and customers
Cons: Contracts ending is always difficult for the team and company
Fast paced work environment governed by a code of ethics that supports the individual, customer, and shareholders. I always felt supported by my management team. I was in three car accidents and the company management made sure I had time to recover and put things in order before I returned to work.
Overall great expereince
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee), Hilo, HIJuly 12, 2015
I had awesome coworkers who made this a great place to work at.

Unfortunately, because of the nature of the work, I cannot provide many details.
Aveage Defense Company
Engineering (Current Employee), Kingsport, TNJuly 11, 2015
Pros: Supporting the Warfighter
Cons: Poor Management
Job Environment lower than larger defense companies. Very little job advancement options at my location. The management team is not very engaged with the employees.
Not enough focus on the needs of employees
Instructional Designer (Current Employee), North CarolinaJuly 6, 2015
Although BAE has given me a lot of opportunity to grow and learn, it has been at great personal sacrifice to my family and home life. As an instructor, it is a given that travel has to be part of the job; however, due to poor management and supervision down in the trenches, I have been stretched thin and spent many unexpected months away from my family and children. Poor planning, along with an unwillingness to provide employees steady work between training events, has led to the decimation of my group either through trainers being let go or just getting tired of the grind and moving on. This has left very few of us to cover a moving and evolving target of events.
I have to add that BAE does not really foster a culture of teamwork, at least from where I sit. I see low performers with terrible results given more opportunities time after time, while good, high-quality employees are left high and dry. It's not a slam, it happens all the time. This gives the overall feeling that the bottom line, not putting out a quality product, is the driving force behind the "corporate value." It looks good on the posters in the halls of the facility, but unless you practice what you preach, it just rings hollow and is easily seen for what it is by any employee who cares and wants to be truly valued.
Headquarters