BAE Systems Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,398 reviews matching the search
Good opportunity for advancement
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 7, 2016
We work the 4/10 shift, Mon-Thurs

Our products protect our soldiers, which is gratifying

BAE has given me an opportunity to advance within the company. Hard work and fast learning paid off for me.

I am currently looking for Fri-Sat-Sun and some evening work for extra income, and possible future full time employment.
Pros
4/10 Work shift
Cons
Uncertainty of government contracts
Best job ever
Project Administrator II (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAApril 22, 2016
Love my position at BAE Systems especially while in Reston. Supported employees with covering their travel, expenses, reports, conferences with clients, setting up International Events and then designing the booth, purchasing give away items, meeting the public.

Co-workers were excellent. It was a 4 hours commute (2 hours each way) but I loved the people I worked for and the job I was doing it didn't matter.

Was given many opportunities for self improvement.

Departed due to Reduction In Force.
Pros
Travel, learning new things, senior administrative duties from CEO/President on down.
Cons
Leaving
Productive working safe environment just hot during the summer time need to stay fluild at all time out in that yard
Insulator (Former Employee) –  Mobile AlJuly 5, 2016
My review abt the situation is they push you to hard trying to get the job done fast and sometime stuffget mess up are the person.Always take your time in what you doing believe me it make take a lil longer but its was done safely.
Great start but no growth
Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAMay 10, 2016
BAE Systems offered a great starting place for a soldier transitioning out of the military. However, after a year of working for them as a contractor within the IC I peaked in performance and growth potential. I attempted to move within the company but was met with a lack of care for existing employees.
Pros
Health Benefits, 401K
Cons
Low Growth Potential
Excellent learning experience in a hands on, safe environment
Project Intern (Current Employee) –  Radford Army Ammunition Plant, VAApril 22, 2016
I enjoyed learning about some of the various parts of the Radford Arsenal as I interned there for a senior design capstone project. We learned multiple processes for energetic materials and how to reduce the amount of rejects in their proprietary systems.
Pros
Close to home, strong workplace ethics
Cons
Difficult entry, few facilities for employees
Very much enjoyed working for BAE
Site Lead/Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  OCONUSJuly 24, 2016
I worked for BAE, as a sub-contractor, while deployed in support of Operation Enduring Freedom for two years. The support and culture of the company was great the whole time. The work was hard, and the hours were long, but we never had to worry about much outside of the mission.
Productive work place
Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  tyson corner vaMay 27, 2016
I was given a task and they let me perform it. Learning a new application. revised program code. I was junior so I learned a lot about coding and procedures, Management was supportive. I enjoyed my co-workers. Learning a complicated application. Finding fixes to issues
Pros
work environment
Cons
Good Company to get experience with
GIS Technician (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJAugust 22, 2016
Training and education is very good here. Starting out it gave me a good opportunity to try an assortment of projects and facets of GIS. Much of the work is concentrated on a few individuals who are responsible for cleaning up for the other workers.
Company Hates Diversity
Principal Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  California, MDApril 20, 2016
Company has a serious problem with promoting diverse candidates even when they have more experience, education, and certifications than their white counterparts. Promotions are not made based on merit; they are based solely on who in management is your friend.
Pros
Good work life balance.
Cons
No advancement.
IT Management not good
IT Support Analyst Tier (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 29, 2016
The manager at the IT service desk doesnt communicate well with his employees. Not job advancement. They leave employees on the IT service desk as contractors for years and dont convert them over.
Pros
Good co workers
Cons
Management dont communicate well
Counter productive workplace
Buyer/Planner Sr. (Current Employee) –  Manassas, VAMarch 7, 2016
More people, ideas and obstacles are put in place here for you to do your daily job that any place I have worked before. Asked to be a forward thinker but you are always placed in a box. Told to think outside the box but when you do you get slapped on the wrist. The management plays favorites and there's a hierarchy to who is next in line for promotions so no need to keep the resume up to date other than to get out.
Pros
Every other Friday off to get out of here
Cons
Terrible health care benefits
Poor Management and blatant waste of resources
Design Validation Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MI 48312May 26, 2016
Can anything good be said about a military contractor? They suffer from lack of drive and motivation and thrive on just getting by and never meeting the government's deadlines.
Pros
Flex Time
Cons
No chance of direct hire or long contract hire
BAE Systems Is an Interesting Place to Work
Contracts Assistant, Hawaii Ship Repair (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMay 13, 2016
I feel that BAE Systems is an interesting place to work because you get to know how ships get repaired and what goes into planning and paying the salaries of the people who work on those ships.
Pros
finish earlier
Cons
short breaks, limited parking
Excellent work environment
Senior Network Systems Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 15, 2016
I'm proud to have worked with such a great company. The company allowed me to enhance my skill level on a daily basis. They provided me with the opportunity to grow and succeed at a natural pace. They offered stability and loyalty. They provided every resource necessary for me to accomplish my goals.
Pros
Advance training
Cons
No job placement at end of contract
Very relaxed and fun environment
Design Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 7, 2016
Management and co-workers welcome new hires. All were very helpful while learning the BAE processes and procedures. BAE uses the 9/80 work week which is very useful for work/life balance. Would recommend BAE Systems to anyone.
Good Compensation / Frustrating Work Culture
Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NHApril 27, 2016
If you have never worked in Defense, you may find the work culture and environment very frustrating. You will find that the management is preoccupied with low level book keeping (ensuring task codes are opened / closed on time, making sure that hours are used up before the task code expires) instead of ensuring work is being completed in an efficient manner, providing technical leadership / vision, or communicating important changes to the team. You will find that there is an abundance of middle-management, many of whom do not have the leadership skills or technical competence to lead with any efficacy.

On the other hand, if you are less concerned with progressing your career and are mainly looking for a stable place to work, where the pay is good, and the benefits (401k match, medical, vacation) are good, then this could be a match for you.
Pros
compensation
Cons
management, work culture
A great place to work a new challenge everyday.
Pipe Fitter (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAApril 14, 2016
BAE is a great place to work. The work is always challenging and serious. Quality is a main goal. They always hooked me up with a lot of the emergency repair work at NOB. If it wasn't a election year and the big military reduction and stationing are ships overseas we would have more job security.
Excellent workplace
Director, Advanced Systems Technologies (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 29, 2016
I was very fortunate to head-up a department filled with extraordinary talented engineers and scientists. My position allowed a wonderful balance between helping others technically, mentoring younger people, and serving as their department head to promote their talents. It was difficult to leave after a year to tend to my business (Fiber Optic Designs).
challenging environment on US MIL Base
Cultural Advisor Deployment Training (Former Employee) –  Fort Leavenworth, KSMarch 1, 2016
8-10 hours of classroom work for the most part for 5/7s
culture of US MIL and environment in both IRAQ and AFGH
well managed by ex-US MIL officers
all coworkers were dedicated to successful mission
completing all class and homework on a very short time-frame
finishing the class and completing the mission
Pros
long weekends
Cons
long work weeks
Good environment to learn and grow.
Senior Principal Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Wayne, NJAugust 20, 2016
Great people to work with. Lots of interesting projects to gain varied levels of experience.
Typical of large companies a lot of growth opportunities also a lot of barriers to achieve them.