BAE Systems Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,397 reviews matching the search
fun place to work at!got along with everyone and was a pleasure to do my job there.
Site Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJune 26, 2016
Loved working there client ,employees,contractors all great people to work with.did daily reports,alarms test every month,handed out badges to employees and contractors,bag and badge inspections daily also,camera checks and checking out facility everyday to..
CAD Standards, Assist in Design and Concept Development
Senior Engineering (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 24, 2016
Company first introduction of Pro/Engineer, Objective is to establish Process, Procedures and Standards.

On-site PTC application support. Top-Level Assembly Manager, FF&F Checker, Drafting Checker. Mechanical Design: Concept Design of structure for Future Combat System Common Crew Station Simulator environments. Managed design interfaces, utilizing “Top-Down Design Theology” and “Design for Manufacturing”. Applied: MIL/SAE Standards, and GD&T.

Reported directly to division management and Design Counsel for implementation for training and implementation.

Hardest part was the introduction of Art to Part CAD Design.
Pros
Reduced System Developement time.
Great Place to Work!
Lead Developer (Former Employee) –  VirginiaJune 23, 2016
Interesting work and flexible management.
Typical day is very busy from start to finish.
We all learned from each other.
Pros
Interesting Work, Interesting People
Cons
Corporate Web-Site Tools are Broken
Well taking Care of in Iraq
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NHJune 22, 2016
The hardest part of my job was being away from family and friends. Many rocket attacks at night. I learned how to build night vision devices and work on Jamming systems.
fun and challenging
General Foreman (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 22, 2016
Read specifications on each item of each project.

Learned to coordinate with customers and personnels of the ship and shipyard crew to better run the job.

Management were supportive with planning and coordination of the project.

Co-workers were fun to work with and dependable.

Hardest part of the job was the commute.

Most enjoyable part of the job is knowing the accomplishments were met every after project is over.
Pros
bbq's raffle prizes. Great health benefits
Good Job
Financial Analyst I (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 17, 2016
It is a typical 8-5. I learned a lot about analytical accounts payable work and how to resolve and locate issues. Additionally, management is very nice and they will work with you as long as you are willing to do the work.
Great company to work for
Lab Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHJune 15, 2016
Great benefits.
401k 6% match
Always something new to learn/ do.
Great environment
People are friendly and helpful.
Commute from Massachusetts was atrocious.
Productive and fun place
Procurement Analyst (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDJune 14, 2016
Hard worker each day. I have the best team and we work as a team. I have learned things that I would have never imagined knowing. My management staff is always on duty and willing to help.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
n/a
a decent company to work for
Financial Analyst Principle (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJune 8, 2016
BAE is a decent company to work for, however, it is easy to be capped at your current location. Room for advancement unless you are an FLDP (future leader development program for those directly out of school) advancement is stifled before the management level. Employees at my site are placed on a high potential list which means nothing as being on that list doesn't mean you will be presented with any additional opportunities or benefits just given more work when the company lets someone go or has a special project. I think the company is a good company and I have been able to build my skills but there is no clear path to the next level. There still seems to be a culture of rewarding those who are not the best workers but instead have been fortunate enough to advance to the next level and find some up and comer who can do their work for them. I would recommend the company for those coming out of school and looking to build their career and gain experience.
Pros
lower levels can develop and gain experience
Cons
Advancement beyond the principle level (level above senior staff) is stiffled and very hard to find
Fun, fast-paced environment
Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  VirginiaJune 7, 2016
BAE Systems is a great place for anyone looking to be apart of a strong security program. There are lots of opportunities for career advancement and growth.
productive and a great work invorment
Mig Welder (Former Employee) –  Graniteville, SCJune 7, 2016
It is a great company and I enjoyed all the blessings that they provided me they also had a great staff and they are wonderful people to work with.
Pros
great insurance and great pay
Cons
i have nothing negitive to say
Terrible Place to Work
superintendent (Former Employee) –  Pearl Harbor, HIJune 1, 2016
Management seems to range from inefficient to incompetent. Meetings are run so poorly that no minutes or action items result, therefore no one is held accountable for anything they say in a meeting, so managements response is to simply have another meeting, run the same way, with the same people.

The place is staffed with people who have any type of military experience, relevant or not, even if they were fired from the military. No training at all, including where to go to log hours!

The "rules" are written clearly but treated as if they are subjective so it's hard to say when they apply or when they will be enforced.
Pros
insurance
Cons
management
BAE Systems Review
Quality Control Inspector/ forklift (Former Employee) –  Sealy, TXMay 31, 2016
Great place to work. as an employee you learn a lot by being crossed trained. very strict on being late and coming to work. the organization had lots of overtime.
Pros
great employees
Cons
no A/C
Productive work place
Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  tyson corner vaMay 27, 2016
I was given a task and they let me perform it. Learning a new application. revised program code. I was junior so I learned a lot about coding and procedures, Management was supportive. I enjoyed my co-workers. Learning a complicated application. Finding fixes to issues
Pros
work environment
Cons
Poor Management and blatant waste of resources
Design Validation Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MI 48312May 26, 2016
Can anything good be said about a military contractor? They suffer from lack of drive and motivation and thrive on just getting by and never meeting the government's deadlines.
Pros
Flex Time
Cons
No chance of direct hire or long contract hire
Great people
Business Operations Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Hill AFB, UTMay 26, 2016
Typical day is fairly busy, striving to do the best for our customers. Management is fantastic if you're used to a particular style (mine is all prior military).
I get to work with alot of good people
Principal Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  MarylandMay 25, 2016
I look forward to coming to work.
Management lets you do your job.
Work with people that care
I like my job
Benefits are changing from year to year
Pros
people
Cons
Goverment control
Great opportunity give back to the fighting men and women
Engineering Technician II (Current Employee) –  Jedburg, SCMay 24, 2016
BAE Systems is a good place to work. It is a good opportunity to give back to the warfighter in making sure that the work the I do will save lives.
Very productive workplace.
WELDER HELPER (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 24, 2016
BAE SYSTEMS was a very productive workplace that allowed me to put most of my training from welding school to use right away.
Cartographer II (Current Employee) –  Springfield, VAMay 23, 2016
Flexible and very nice people work here. Anytime I need help with something or need accommodations met, they are there to help me out.