BAE Systems
1,298 reviews

BAE Systems Employee Reviews

Enjoyable
Disassembly/ Cutter Driller (Former Employee), Anniston, ALMarch 22, 2015
I was a leader in the service and repair shop. My management team was very helpful and resourceful. I enjoyed my co-workers and every aspect of the job.
Good benefits
Principal Software Engineer / Supervisor (Current Employee), ColoradoMarch 19, 2015
Pros: great training opportunties, leadership is in tune with employee needs.
BAE is a very good company to work for if you live on either coast, but there is not a lot of presence in the middle of the country.
great place to work
Field Service Technician (Contractor) (Former Employee), new hampshireMarch 18, 2015
Pros: teamwork, room to grow
Cons: all it staff are contractors
where i was the other members of the team were very helpful, always willing to help each other. there was always something new to learn.
Global Company in the process of major restructuring
Project Manager II, Quality Assurance (Former Employee), Sealy, TexasMarch 18, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: too many layers of management and systems that were no added value.
Global Defense Supplier with design technology and manufacturing capabilities of in many defense related areas. Multiple changes in management were ongoing due to declining U.S. defense budget.
Great environment to work in
Sewing machine operator (Former Employee), McKee, KYMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Bonuses, payed by performance, I was very good at the job.
Cons: Insurance was expensive.
Manufactured packs and vests for the US Army. Came in and went to assigned machine. Started work and completed baskets that contained 10 items. After sewing/tacking the item, it would be sent to the next job. I was good at it and was very fast. I didn't like the redundancy of the job.
Worked as sysadmin and database admin.
Senior Systems Engineer for Application Group (Former Employee), DIA Washington DCMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Team members, management, and functions performed
Cons: Washington DC traffic
Primary job included database administration for security clearance database. Really enjoyed my job. Secondary job as sysadmin on both Windows and Solaris operating systems. Almost the same team for ten years, really enjoyed knowing all of them. We still stay in touch. Management was ex military as I am. We got along great. The hardest part of my job was the drive to and from work. The most enjoyable part was the team members and the job I performed.
Fun place to work
Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee), Reston, VAMarch 16, 2015
The schedule is very flexible. The building is open 24/7 making it possible to go in at any time during the day or night. Coworkers on my team are great and very down to earth. They keep it professional yet fun at the same time.
my co-workers are nice.
Accounts payable (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 15, 2015
Pros: free coffee, tea, soda and juice
Cons: very clickish
I like my co-workers and I love the building. they provide free drinks and it really clean. They do promote being healthy and living healthy life styles.
Worked for 6 years, advancing very well.
Sr. Electrical Engineer (Current Employee), MDMarch 14, 2015
Technically interesting and challenging, and employs good practices and processes.
Provides good benefits, 401K.
I have worked on contract proposals.
The work culture here is like family
Engineering Assistant (Former Employee), Nashua, NHMarch 13, 2015
Loved working here was a great place to work. training was available
was fast paced family style workplace. the hours were terrific they are on a 9/80 work week schedule.
BAE
Information Systems Security Officer (Former Employee), United StatesMarch 9, 2015
Not a bad place to work. The benefits have gone down hill and the leadership is weak. I would consider working here again but it would not be my first choice.
Gov't Contractor
Personnel Security Analyst (Former Employee), Reston, VAMarch 9, 2015
Typical Gov't Contractor; I enjoyed the flex year schedule. A Gov't schedule and the contractor schedule had different days off. Where every other year you could get a week off for Christmas holidays.
Strinking the right balance
DESIGNER II (Former Employee), Austin, TXMarch 5, 2015
Pros: time management
Cons: few
This company is in Austin TX, it is nestled in an area that resembles a University campus, this lends itself to employees taking time to walk, jog or any other activity to keep the body fit.

In addition the company structures it's time well, allowing employees to take advantage, if they wish to pursue more studies in the evening.
It is a defense contractor and priority is given to veterans when it comes to job placement (or so it seems).

There did not seem to be any cons for the exception of political football among it's management.
Productive work place
Process Tech (Former Employee), Austin, TXMarch 4, 2015
Defense Contact Company, manufacturing and repair of equipment used by the military. Large company based out of Maryland. Employing over 60,000 people world wide
BAE Systems is a very professional company to work for. It has great opportunity to move within the company
Systems Administrator (Former Employee), Herndon, VAMarch 4, 2015
Pros: bic company, lots of opportunity
Cons: it can be very inpersonal at times since it is a large company
It offers a great benefits package, 401 K for example. And has a wealth of welfare plans that are offered cafeteria style
Great training since day one!
Senior Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee), Herndon, VirginiaMarch 4, 2015
Had a great experience training for the mission I am currently on, would love to go through the process again. Hardest part of the job was getting to the site, took a few days but once I got here I was ready to go.
Ok place to work
Security Rep (Former Employee), Nashua, NHMarch 4, 2015
Pros: provide entry level experiance
Cons: management
Within BAE Systems there is not a lot of room for growth. Training is not optimal and well organized. There is a heavy expectation for work unpaid overtime and no goal incentives.
Internship Program is awesome
Communications Intern (Former Employee), York, PAMarch 3, 2015
I interned at BAE Systems for a summer during college and the experience was very valuable! There was an actual program in place that brought all of the interns together every Friday for various team building activities and informative seminars. I was given real work to do and felt as a contributing part of a team. Also, the pay was great!
Full Motion Video Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCMarch 3, 2015
Pros: great pay
Cons: bad annual raises
I thought this place had great potential. If it wasn't for wanting to move out of the area I'd still be there. Salary was great but the annual increases were not so good despite having excellent ratings.
Fun Workplace
Senior Consultant (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLFebruary 28, 2015
Great company, and while it's still changing, requires individuals who are skilled and dedicated in the financial sector. Great international exposure.

About BAE Systems

BAE Systems is the premier trans-Atlantic defense and aerospace company, delivering a full range of products and services for – Read more

BAE Systems Salaries