BAE Systems Employee Reviews

Found 1,739 reviews matching the search
excellent company to work for.
Sen. Subcontracts Administrator/Deck Plate Mgr. (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 4, 2017
Great company, great benefit package, lots of growth options, and relocating options. Company shifting from commercial ship repair to almost stricktly Navy/Government type contracts in Ship Repair.
Pros
All aspects are great.
Cons
Not adjusting well to competitive bid type Military contracting.
Slow paced, and other times a rollercoaster
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLAugust 3, 2017
Receiving and shipping
Learned Costpoint and Cognos
Great to work for
Rollercoaster
Getting all the receiving and shipping done
The joking around we have all day
Pros
Great benefits, time off, relaxing most of the time
Cons
to slow paced
Bae
Helper/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 3, 2017
BAE was a great company to work for, you are constantly on the go, working with your hands and sweating, they care for their employees, all are hard working and always want to insure you are ok and satisfied with how the job is going
Great Place To Work
Logistics Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJAugust 3, 2017
A great company with many opportunities for many in the Tech industry. Great culture of people from diverse backgrounds and technical experiences. Flexible work environment.
Lacking work life balance, management is not trustworthy
Program Management – Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Dulles, VAAugust 3, 2017
Mandatory 60-65 hour work week, management was not supportive of any suggestion, their way was the right way. I was told to consider the rapid fire changes as "hazing" by a program manager. Management was quick to blame others for following their guidance, scapegoating is very common. Customer was a joy to work with, yet they spent a fair amount of time complaining about the PM and staff. Best day was my last day.
Cons
Management, backstabbing, dishonestly
Great company to work for!!
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  MinneapolisAugust 2, 2017
Great place to work and great people to work with! Company values work life balance, has great benefits and good compensation.

Company has many opportunities to move within the organization locally and across country.
Pros
Great people, benefits, 9-80 schedule
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Redstone Arsenal, ALAugust 2, 2017
This company has been great for my career.. The immediate project managers are awesome to work for and with, but I feel the upper management should be more proactive and learn about all its contracts, not just the huge money ones..
a job
Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INAugust 2, 2017
The company was worried to much about budgets and not enough about workers. I enjoyed working with the people but not so much the management. I wrote and maintained the circuit card test equipment
BAE believes in "what did you do for me todsay"
Program Manager/Director of Business Development (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 1, 2017
They change their management teams too quick and forget the folks that got them to competetive positions. One needs to be very careful that you get the credit you deserve.
Pros
Cons
Credit hogs
Worthwhile career minded place to work.
AEGIS Techrep Engineering Support Services (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJJuly 31, 2017
Work is enjoyable while working on the networks which will eventually be part of a warfighting effort for the DON.
Some flexibility in daily schedule needed due to testing and quality assurance involved.
Pros
BAE is a large company with many elements.
Cons
BAE is a large company with many elements.
Could be much better.
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  TXJuly 30, 2017
Company is based out of New Hampshire so all major programs go through there, even though Texas has the capabilities and a lower labor rate. Haven't won any major programs in a while, struggling to find themselves amongst the big boys in America.
Unbalanced
Manager, Information Systems, (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAJuly 29, 2017
Too few resources, unrealistic demands, poor work life balance. High intensity and emotionally charged environment. Back stabbing and cut throat. always need to cover yourself.
Terrible place to work! Low pay, physically demanding job; no respect for the employee and uneducated, rude supervisors
Fitter (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 28, 2017
BAE is a diaster. The pay for the job you do is terrible. They speak a good game about safety, but do not practice it. The heat, physical proximity and difficulty of the job is way above what they compensate you for. Also, they expect you to chop and change your schedule with no notice which creates havoc with family life. They also don't pay extra for weekend/shift work. The pay rate is far below the same job in other parts of the country. The Jax shipyard is a chaotic mess and no one cares about the waste and abuse of government contracts.
Pros
not much
Cons
pay, workplace environment, poor supervisors, stress and no promotions
Very fulfilling place to work
Logistics Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXJuly 28, 2017
Great company with great benefits and great management. I learned a lot about management and work life balance while working at BAE. I would recommend working for BAE to anyone who wants a challenging and fulfilling carreer
Fun work place
Structural Welder (Former Employee) –  Mobile AlabamaJuly 27, 2017
Welded components in flat, vertical, or overhead position. Operated safety equipment, and use safe work habits. Laid out, positioned aligned, and secured parts and assemblies prior to assembly.
Pros
Cons
New health insurance
Awesome pay, awesome people, Great schedule
Facility Maintenance Mechanic II (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 26, 2017
Awesome pay, awesome people, Great schedule. This is one of the best places I have ever worked. The management structure seems to be solid, pay is high, and the 9/80 schedule is amazing
Getting work done on time and enjoying the people I work with
Electronic Engineer III (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, MDJuly 26, 2017
My day at work includes:

safety review before we start work making sure we have on our PPE to do our job. Management is always available to answer our questions and concerns, work place is what it is. Hardest part of the job is going into cabinets todo repairs on cables. The enjoyable part is getting the work out on time every time.
Pros
40 hour work week
Cons
health care
Great Overall!
Sr Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAJuly 25, 2017
Have worked here for a couple of years. Enjoy my management, coworkers, the environment and the work that I do. Very flexible, accommodating and ensure that they reward employees when they do an exceptional job.
Productive and fun place to work except for the low pay towards certain employees
EMA Technician Specialist (Former Employee) –  Totowa, NJJuly 25, 2017
Friendly work environment depending on your work area and the group of people in it. I learned how to work under a microscope assembling tiny parts to circuit boards. Did not have any problem with management at all. The culture was mixed with little to less biasness towards employees except for the pay toward certain workers.The hardest part of the job was being laid-off. I enjoyed going to work and the most enjojable part of the job was the people and the culture.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Pay is too low toward certain employees
Not worth the trouble.
Full Motion Video Analyst (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAJuly 23, 2017
The position is stressful, with long periods of crushing boredom interspersed with bursts of activity. Swinging shift work is very difficult to deal with. Traffic in this area is horrendous. Most of the time you will find that trying to balance work and social life is virtually impossible.

Frankly, the job needs to pay more for the responsibilities involved. The company is okay, but don't ever think they are your friend. They will lie when it benefits them and are out for themselves.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BAE Systems. Our community is ready to answer.