BAE Systems

1.4K reviews

BAE Systems Employee Reviews

It's a surreal place
Software Engineer (Former Employee), Endicott, NYJune 11, 2015
Pros: Everything
Cons: Contract only
Working at BAE feels like a strange dream. Everyone is so nice, the supervisors are straight forward and would help you if they see you struggling. Everything works in synergy and I feels great!
Descent place to work with many retired military
Property Control Lead (Current Employee), Temple, TXJune 10, 2015
Pros: Mangement is willing to work with employees in regards to VA and other doctor appointments
Cons: contract company so work is heavy when contract is ongoing, but slow when contract winds down
BAE Systems is an overall good place to work that is military heavy. Many of the employees have served in the Armed Forces, so the culture and environment would be very familiar to an individual just leaving the service.
Very good place to work.
Project Manager II (Current Employee), Albertville, ALJune 10, 2015
Very good place to work, have no problems here. Prodcutive and good people to work with. Facility is state of the art. Left the compnay and came back in 2014 very good since.
Good Place to work
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee), King George, VAJune 10, 2015
Great place to work flexible schedule, competetive pay. I have learned various administrative skills including making complex travel arrangements to war torn countries. I have also procured delicate items inlcuding PPE for deployment.
Great Intel Co.
Senior Talent Acquisition Consultant (Former Employee), Manassa Park, VAJune 9, 2015
Great large government integrator. Great benefits for FT employees and good place for active cleared positions for former military.
was a ok place to work
rigger (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAJune 6, 2015
Pros: driving a folklifed and helping the crane
Cons: managment
helping the crane to move and helping everybody and the most enjoyable part of the day was lunch and the hardest part of the day was moving the heavy engine parts of the boat motor
Sadly they laid off the people in that division
Mechanical Design Engineer (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 5, 2015
Pros: People
Cons: Layoffs
This is a large overall organization and when I worked there it was great, overall. However, there was a large layoff and subsequent closing of the design center in Los Angeles, so I honestly can't say a lot of about any existing facilities.
Work their Salary employees like dogs
Process Engineer II (Current Employee), Fort Wayne, INJune 1, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Understaffed
Overworked and Underappreciated
Too many part shortages
Workload unrealistic
Hourly have unlimited overtime
Building is dilapidated and ceiling leaks everywhere
Dirty
Routine water problems in building
Good Company to work for
Test Lead/ Frist Line Lead/Manager (Current Employee), Reston, VAMay 28, 2015
Pros: Great people
Cons: none
Good company, great team collaboration. nice work locations. Management provides ways to move ahead in company. Ability to work from home is a big plus. Flexible hours. Excellent leadership.
Fun place to work every day you experience something new
Safety Technician (Current Employee), Mayport FloridaMay 28, 2015
Inspect job sites to ensure employees are in compliance with OSHA and company rules document discrepancies and submitted report South East Regional Maintenance Center.
Good people, highly intelligent workforce
Collections Operation Manager - HUMINT (Former Employee), Reston, VAMay 28, 2015
Great experience overall. This job pushed my limits in developing strategic level products within set time constraints.
A safe people friendly environment. Where everyone treated you as family
Sheet Metal Shop Lead Mechanic (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAMay 26, 2015
Pros: Great pay
Cons: Horrible parking
Each day was started off with a little humor to wake everyone up and get the ball rolling. In the 10 years there I've learned that everyone one has completely different views and opinions about everything and situation, so you must take that into consideration with everything you do and say daily. As a supervisor being younger than the crew i was responsible for I always had a personal bond with the older guys in my crew. They always gave me advice and tips to help me succeed. The hardest part of my job was getting the respect from older supervisors due to my age. But the most enjoyable part of the job is the feeling i get when i complete a ship 100%
Productive and great pay
Field Service Technician (Former Employee), KuwaitMay 25, 2015
Management was unsatisfactory and BAE Systems shows to much favoritism to certain employees. The most enjoyable part of my job was payday.
Buyer/Planner for government contractor
Buyer/Planner Supply Chain (Former Employee), Fridley, MNMay 24, 2015
Pros: Great working environment
Cons: Company no longer in Minnesota
Placed complex purchase orders for government contractor.
Worked as buyer for the U.S.Army and also for the US Navy.
Confidentiality was a must.
NOT A GOOD EXPERIENCE
Intelligence Analyst, SIGINT (Former Employee), VAMay 20, 2015
I DID LIKE THAT THEY PAID WELL FOR MY FIRST CONTRACTING JOB BUT AS FOR ACTUALLY TAKING CARE OF THE WORKER THEY DONT IT WAS NOT A GREAT EXPERIENCE WITH THIS COMPANY AND I WOULD BE ON REAL HARD TIMES IF I TOOK A JOB WITH THEM AGAIN
Lacks experienced managers
Contracts Administrator (Former Employee), Reston, VAMay 19, 2015
Pros: Multiple work locations, internal training university
Cons: Ineffective management, lack of work life balance and does not adhere to its own ethical principles
This company lacks experienced managers and promotes based on length of time with company as opposed to ability to manage effectively and efficiently. The benefits have decreased to
NA
Engineering Lab Coordinator (Former Employee), Nashua, NHMay 15, 2015
Pros: NA
Cons: NA
Corporate, boredom sets in, no change in work assignments. Hard to remain positive in a stagnant environment. Best part of the day is end of workday.
Best Company I have ever worked for
Service Delivery Executive (Former Employee), Herndon, VAMay 15, 2015
Pros: Work life balance. Pay, Management
Cons: None
Provides overall business management for IT services for approximately 50 thousand internal customers, located in 230 sites across the US. Ensure that agreed upon business solutions, goals and objectives are met by ensuring the delivery of necessary IT products, services and applications. Works with C-Level and Senior Executives, to develop and improve business strategies. Senior Director responsible for selling, delivering and improving IT infrastructure support services, as well as application development and support services across multiple technology towers in the enterprise. Responsible for $250M budget, accountable for identifying cost reduction efforts of 10%. Lead the Customer Relationship Management team in building strong business partner relationships. Directly responsible for compliance with contract service levels and customer satisfaction. Responsible for performance management and the enhancement of the culture and work environment that now attracts, trains, and retains an extremely high caliber team of professionals that has helped position BAE Systems-IT as a recognized industry leader.
job environment
LENEL Electronics Technician (Former Employee), Tinker AFB, OklaMay 14, 2015
independent and the company let me do my job. no micro management from supervisor as he knows i do my job as hired to do.
I check system daily to make sure no errors or aslarms on all security devices base wide.
Work's not bad just the people
Operations Management / Field Engineer (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COMay 13, 2015
The good ol' boy network exists very strongly here. Terrible environment constant threats and intimidation to work outside of your area "or else". Very shady management with multiple counts of harassment that went un-dealt with. Many more problems with managers breaking rules, violating security regulations, violating company rules, and trying to steal and take awat from employees.
Headquarters