BAE Systems Employee Reviews

Found 1,593 reviews matching the search
Rapidly Changing Environment
H.R. Business Partner - Principle (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAFebruary 26, 2017
Declining benefits, culture, adverse impact on camaraderie, perceptions of future with company and current standing.
Pros
work life balance
benefits
Middle Management Will Strangle this Company
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NHFebruary 26, 2017
The people who work here and the mission are amazing, however the middle management of this company will be it's demise. Career underachievers are promoted into low-level supervision jobs and stifle any innovative and original thought.
great job
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Sealy, TXFebruary 23, 2017
great assembly work job but it closed ;( 3000 jobs lost amazing benefits and amazing pay loved it wish it were still around ;) muahahahha
horrible
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  North Highlands, CAFebruary 19, 2017
I hated working here. You are walk for eight hours a day for more then half of those doors to get slammed in your face. Not to mention their client already had a bad reputation.
decent place to work minus whats said below
Nitration Operator (Current Employee) –  Kingsport, TNFebruary 18, 2017
Ever been incarcerated? This is the closest thing to it, except you're free to go home after you pull your 12 hours for the government. Maybe get 4 to 5 hours of sleep (if you're one of those guys with other responsibilities at home.) Get in a department with the right sheriff in town.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Overworked Disorganized
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  York, PAFebruary 17, 2017
BAE recently cutting employee vacation and benefits. Lack of holidays.

Long hours typically 80 hour weeks. Uneducated leadership in finance only promote FDLPs that do not have the basic qualifications to be a level 1 analyst let alone high level manager. Constant scrutiny from customer and audit failures. Tools super outdated creating manual processes. High stress and lack of educated leadership creates hostile work environment constant arguing over path forwards. Typically choosing the wrong path.

Low raises. Do not work here.
Cons
Long hours, no profit sharing, accured PTO, terrible tools and processes
Management is not willing to train
Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 15, 2017
I worked there as a contractor for about 2 months after the 3rd week management was demanding we increase our work productivity when there was not enough training to complete the work. If you're not who they like they will make you out to be the worst employee. They will only "train" you if you keep making the same errors when it could have been explained correctly the first time. And permanent employees are not willing to help you.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Everyone is out for themselves
Amazing work/life balance and good compensation
GEOSPATIAL RESEARCHER (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 14, 2017
I've worked for BAE for 5 years and have been happy with the company. Their benefits are great, our work schedule is extremely flexible, and the compensation is fantastic. Overall, I've had a positive experience at this company.
Pros
flexible schedule, good benefits, good compensation
all aspects of electronics manufacturing engineeringw
Electronics Process Engineer (contract) (Former Employee) –  Merrimack, NHFebruary 12, 2017
A senior engineer/technician with extensive hands-on experience in all aspects of electronics manufacturing engineering, test engineering and quality assurance, with related programming experience. Substantial experience
very productive fun work place
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Sealy, TXFebruary 11, 2017
we assembled part for trucks for iraq we built trucks from ground up i was a trainer i learned how to teach and train employees how to do there job efficiently and sucessly management was awsome very strick but was very great on helping us acheive the goal of the day the hardest part of job was criteria and timming very fast paced the funnest part of job is driving them off track withh commplishment and accuracy

Want to know more about BAE Systems?

Ask a question
Wonderful Company
Heavy equipment Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXFebruary 11, 2017
Great company to work for the mangers always look out for people if you have concern about something they do listen and if its not right they fix it not in a month or two within a matter of days
Great managements
Facilities Electrician (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 10, 2017
Great people I work with. Very cohesiveness team and driven. Communications with upper managements feels like family and the trust is strong. Just a great yard to work for.
Pros
Troubleshooting
Cons
sometimes it can be slow
Large Company with many diversified products and services
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALFebruary 8, 2017
The FP&A department was very advanced. My direct superior was very intelligent and able to figure out any problem. I learned a decent amount from him in regards to data analysis.
Pros
Decent Benefits
Cons
Subject to Government Compliance - sequestration
Nice place to work with good schedule and decent pay
Operating Tech/Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Lemont Furnace, PAFebruary 1, 2017
I would still be at this job if they didn't move operations to another area to save money. Great atmosphere with hard working employees and management was fair and interacted very much with employees. Good money and great schedule.
The shipyard
Welding Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJanuary 30, 2017
I came here right after high school and started as a welding apprentice. I have been given opportunities to earn money that allowed me to buy my home. This job has also allowed me to travel to California, Hawaii, and Florida for work. But with every rose that has its thorns, this shipyard has a few of its own.
Pros
Good pay, friendly employees
Cons
Union has spoiled people, hard working people still work hard while laziness has no repercussion
Clean, organized
Paralyne Operator- Operation (Former Employee) –  Ft. Wayne, INJanuary 29, 2017
BAE is a great place to work. People are friendly. Great atmosphere, people do not mind coming to work. They care about the quality of their product.
Pros
Great place to workl
Cons
It's work.
Very productive on any task. Work well with others. Never had a problem with any other personel on any tasks.
SCA Engineering Tech II (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJanuary 29, 2017
Been with BAE for 6 years and have not advanced and several others there have maxxed out their advancement due to company doesnt look at skilled work. Rather see a person with a degree and no background in what ever it maybe in have a management position.
Pros
Full time job
Cons
Healthcare no advancement
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  FiltonJanuary 28, 2017
As a US ex-pat I was well respected and was able to easily integrate with my colleagues at British Aerospace. Management was very supportive. The workplace culture was all business, as expected but, the team also knew how to have fun. Everyone took ownership of their assigned workload and delivered on time.
Pros
Travel allowance for ex-pats
Cons
Post-contract support was not delivered as promised
Ok place to work
Contracts Administrator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 28, 2017
Very competitive place to work. I did not like the way the company treated the lower paid employees. I did not enjoy working there.
Fast Paced Mission
Full-Motion Video Analyst (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAJanuary 27, 2017
The position was in the middle of the Metro-DC area. There was a ton of traffic (daily), rude drivers, daily accidents, parking lots are nightmares and you always get some kind of ding on your car no matter what you do. The positions was a fulfilling one, fast paced, and exciting but the schedule was so bad that the employees had to print out the schedule for the entire yearly just to know when to show up to work and the schedule flipped from days to nights every other month.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BAE Systems. Our community is ready to answer.