BAE Systems Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,358 reviews matching the search
Best Company I have ever worked for
Service Delivery Executive (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAMay 15, 2015
Provides overall business management for IT services for approximately 50 thousand internal customers, located in 230 sites across the US. Ensure that agreed upon business solutions, goals and objectives are met by ensuring the delivery of necessary IT products, services and applications. Works with C-Level and Senior Executives, to develop and improve business strategies. Senior Director responsible for selling, delivering and improving IT infrastructure support services, as well as application development and support services across multiple technology towers in the enterprise. Responsible for $250M budget, accountable for identifying cost reduction efforts of 10%. Lead the Customer Relationship Management team in building strong business partner relationships. Directly responsible for compliance with contract service levels and customer satisfaction. Responsible for performance management and the enhancement of the culture and work environment that now attracts, trains, and retains an extremely high caliber team of professionals that has helped position BAE Systems-IT as a recognized industry leader.
Pros
Work life balance. Pay, Management
Cons
Great start but no growth
Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAMay 10, 2016
BAE Systems offered a great starting place for a soldier transitioning out of the military. However, after a year of working for them as a contractor within the IC I peaked in performance and growth potential. I attempted to move within the company but was met with a lack of care for existing employees.
Pros
Health Benefits, 401K
Cons
Low Growth Potential
Excellent work / life balance; Hunkering down for the short term
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  New England AreaSeptember 28, 2015
BAE is a lovely place to work and the organization is sincerely committed to ensuring it's employee's enjoy a healthy work life balance. With the Defense sector broadly contracting, the senior leadership is, rightly, focused on protecting its base with a diminished risk appetite.
Pros
Reasonable work week, healthy work life balance, pride in what they do
Cons
Low growth, highly process driven, too many "lifers" not enough diversity of thinking
Excellent
Senior Contracts Administrator (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 25, 2015
Excellent place to work as a Contracts Administrator. The work requires the ability to handle changes with minimal time to complete. Ship Repair contracting for the Navy is different than most contract administration. We work with multiple disciplines such as Production Management, Ship Fitters, Pipe Fitters, Welders , Painters, and Machinists. We subcontract to many small businesses on the waterfront and our own intercompany work at our other shipyards.
Pros
Team work with a very positive attitude overall
Cons
Average 45 to 50 hours Monday thru Friday
Great Company!!!
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  York, PAJanuary 10, 2016
Enjoyed my time with BAE Systems York, PA. Had great leadership within my department. Flexible hours for the most part, compensation and benefits were above average.
BAE Systems
Subcontracts Administrator I (Former Employee) –  san diego,cASeptember 18, 2015
Very knowledgable staff and opportunity to grow. My coworkers were easy to get along with. Management was professional.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
long hours when contracts are due
Excellent workplace
Director, Advanced Systems Technologies (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 29, 2016
I was very fortunate to head-up a department filled with extraordinary talented engineers and scientists. My position allowed a wonderful balance between helping others technically, mentoring younger people, and serving as their department head to promote their talents. It was difficult to leave after a year to tend to my business (Fiber Optic Designs).
fun place to work at!got along with everyone and was a pleasure to do my job there.
Site Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJune 26, 2016
Loved working there client ,employees,contractors all great people to work with.did daily reports,alarms test every month,handed out badges to employees and contractors,bag and badge inspections daily also,camera checks and checking out facility everyday to..
Lacks experienced managers
Contracts Administrator (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAMay 19, 2015
This company lacks experienced managers and promotes based on length of time with company as opposed to ability to manage effectively and efficiently. The benefits have decreased to
Pros
Multiple work locations, internal training university
Cons
Ineffective management, lack of work life balance and does not adhere to its own ethical principles
Good benefits big company suffers from short term vision
Principal Semiconductor Engineer (Current Employee) –  New HampshireFebruary 27, 2015
BAE SYSTEMS has treated me very well overall. Regular raises and promotions were consistent. was disappointed when they ended pension plan but it is common in the industry. That's their constant refrain: "to remain competitive we must move from 7 health plan choices to 1. We must lay off people and have you do the job of 2 or 3. We must end the pension plan and have you pay for all of your doctor visits except as required by law. Still I would consider it a good place to work.
Pros
big, fairly dependable company
Cons
short sighted when it comes to investing in r&d
Company Hates Diversity
Principal Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  California, MDApril 20, 2016
Company has a serious problem with promoting diverse candidates even when they have more experience, education, and certifications than their white counterparts. Promotions are not made based on merit; they are based solely on who in management is your friend.
Pros
Good work life balance.
Cons
No advancement.
Good and bad here
Senior Principal Engineer (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJDecember 1, 2015
The work we did on FCS was very interesting and I learned a great deal about antenna technology and Link analysis from my colleagues
Pros
learning new subjects like antenna design and link analysis
Cons
Management not listening to engineering, poor decision making
cooperative and efficient team work with a fun enjoyable environment
Business Administrator (Former Employee) –  Al-Shaheen / MOD KSA.July 27, 2015
Amazing working environment with a satisfactory salary and benefits. It needs full dedications from employees even if work requires relocating to a near by associate entities. Worked overtime sometimes while it was possible to push it to the next day.
Pros
Family environemnt
Cons
Management.
BAE embraces employees as valuable assets and encourages learning and growth
Windows Desktop Engineer, Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 11, 2015
Performance evaluations are used to set goals and to motivate employees to pursue additional training and company culture is very receptive to employees requesting to take advantage of their top-notch training reimbursement programs.
Pros
Investing in employee professional development.
Cons
Economic downturn eliminated the epically awesome year-end holiday party, which did hurt morale, but a smaller scale site party helped boost employee espirit de corpes.
Good Company
Property Administrator (Former Employee) –  Mojave, CASeptember 9, 2015
Good company to work for, good benefits. Excellent management and people to work with. Always looking for good qualified employees.
Productive work place
Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  tyson corner vaMay 27, 2016
I was given a task and they let me perform it. Learning a new application. revised program code. I was junior so I learned a lot about coding and procedures, Management was supportive. I enjoyed my co-workers. Learning a complicated application. Finding fixes to issues
Pros
work environment
Cons
A great place to work a new challenge everyday.
Pipe Fitter (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAApril 14, 2016
BAE is a great place to work. The work is always challenging and serious. Quality is a main goal. They always hooked me up with a lot of the emergency repair work at NOB. If it wasn't a election year and the big military reduction and stationing are ships overseas we would have more job security.
Great opportunity
Warehouse Specialist ASP (Former Employee) –  Wahiawā, HIOctober 29, 2015
Learn and handled a lot of positions and training, rating was 5 Stars and worked there for almost 10 plus years and learned everything management had me assigned to. If I was still there would be taking on assignments and more duties.
Pros
A lot of Cross training
Cons
more communication
Extremely productive and talented shipyard.
Blacksmith 1/c (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAApril 24, 2015
My hours were from 7:15am - 4:00pm and the work for the most part was steady. We did not have a lot of layoffs and we pretty much had a lot of work. I learned a lot about Blacksmithing and Shipfitting. For the most part management was good and fair. My co-workers were very knowledgeable and worked hard. The hardest part of the job was when we had to heat steel to be shaped. Always seemed to happen when the weather was hot out and rarely during the winter. the most enjoyable part was the pay and benefits along with the overtime. made a lot of good people.
Pros
Pay and benifits, break times, challenges.
Cons
Yearly health insurance increases, mgt forgot they were where we are at one time, upper mgt judgemental.
BAE Systems Is an Interesting Place to Work
Contracts Assistant, Hawaii Ship Repair (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMay 13, 2016
I feel that BAE Systems is an interesting place to work because you get to know how ships get repaired and what goes into planning and paying the salaries of the people who work on those ships.
Pros
finish earlier
Cons
short breaks, limited parking