BAE Systems

BAE Systems Employer Reviews

Great people, fantastic mission!!!
Warranty Administrator (Former Employee), Sealy, TXMay 13, 2014
A great place to work because of the attitude of your co-workers. This job was enjoyable because of our mission to the U. S. Soldier. Our job was to protect those who protect us...how much better can than be? Taking care of the those that allow us the freedoms we enjoy in this great country!
Gain experience
TECHNICAL WRITER/ EDITOR (Current Employee), Washington, DCMay 12, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: pay
This was a good job oppurtunity to gain experience and develope a management style.
Great Company to pursue a career
Project Financial Analyst II (Former Employee), Ontario, CAMay 9, 2014
Pros: supportive management style and ability to value all employees
Cons: reduced defense spending often affects business and can lead to layoffs and plant closures
Started as a data clerk and grew into my final position as a Project Financial Analyst II. Developed my computer skills and learned timecard auditing which assisted in developing a Labor Performance Reporting System used to develop factors applied in proposal development. Eventually I learned budgeting, cost analysis, EAC development, manpower forecasting, – more... as well as Proposal development and presentation. Good teamwork and co-workers were always ready to jump in and share ideas for process improvement. Most of Management seemed to really value employees and there was open communication through weekly staff meetings, or quarterly all hands meetings. The company supported schooling and offered extensive training for all employees. – less
Fun place to work, great comrades to work with.
CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT (Former Employee), Washington, DCMay 9, 2014
Pros: great people to work with, fun environment
Cons: managers need to be trained better
BAESystems is a great company to work for but, they need to train their manager better.
Excellent Corporate Culture
Contracts, Finance and Accounting (Current Employee), Reston VAMay 9, 2014
Excellent culture and many opportunities for advancement.
Fabrication, Wire Harness & Receiving Inspector (Former Employee), Mojave, CAMay 8, 2014
Great people to work with. Comfortable working conditions. Well managed.
Really enjoyed the people I worked with. Very few politics.
Laboratory Analyst/Explosives Operator (Former Employee), Kingsport, Tn.May 8, 2014
Pros: the people i worked with. great hard working and laid back.
Cons: rotating shifts.
Started out as an explosives operator. In the van on the way to packaging buildings at 6 am sharp then left at 6:30 pm. Not going to kid, the work was physically demanding. Hot conditions and a wide open work pace, but worked with great people so it went by fast. Moved to lab as an analyst, also another great job. Very laid back people and environment. – more... Only downside was rotating shift work. Done it for 2 years plus and my body never got used to the switching back and forth. Left for another job at a local chemical company and regret it to this day. Management generally stayed out of the day to day things, so nice. – less
Proud of what we produced
Supply Chain Analyst (Former Employee), York, PAMay 7, 2014
Pros: great pay
As a defense contrator, our mission was "We protect those who protect us", meaning our soldiers. The fact that we had a small part in protecting them gave me and many others pride in what we did at BAE from the production line to those of us in the office.
Very interesting work
Electronics Technician (Former Employee), Manassas, VAMay 6, 2014
enjoyable place to work,i had very good co-workers.
The most enjoyable thing about working for BAE was the work we did for the military.
Coworkers were friendly and always willing to help a fellow coworker
Stockroom Clerk (Former Employee), Fort Walton Beach, FLMay 6, 2014
Pros: coworkers were helpful to new employees and made them feel comfortable.
Cons: small amount of advancement opportunities.
A typical day would involve receiving, transferring and issuing material. Inventoring items as requested by the Supervisor, Unloading trucks with a Forklift. Checking material in that was shipped back from a Radar Site for refurbishment. Creating Work Orders for the refurbishment of these items. Closing the Work Orders and physically locating these – more... items into a stock location. I learned the Production Control function at this company but it was done manually and not with a MRP system. Management was very friendly and appreciative of the people who worked there. My coworkers worked hard in less then desirable conditions as the warehouse did not have air conditioning. The hardest part of the job was the heat we worked in. Paperwork would either be blown away by big Hurricane Fans used to help alleviate some of the heat or the paperwork would stick to your arms if you happen to lay them on the paperwork to process other paperwork. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning the Production Control function. – less
Eh
Instructor (Former Employee), PARMay 5, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: just about everything else
Lots of Divisions so it really depends. Mainly everyone is trying to get ahead. Good for down time for personal issues, good benefits, but nobody advances.
My longest job
Computer Operator Asst (Former Employee), York PAMay 4, 2014
Great company just down sized the IT dept. Worked in a data center.
Very Safe and productive work place
Safety Technician III (Current Employee), San Diego, CAMay 1, 2014
Pros: safety attitude is great
Cons: long hours
Very happy place to work with good leadership in place to provide good direction for all.
Would rate it 1/2 star if I could
HR (Former Employee), Arlington, VAApril 30, 2014
Pros: croneyism, nepotism
Discriminatory hiring and retention practices - why I left. Too many good people not making it through the filter, or getting forced to leave due to the filter. This is a great place to work if you are former military, male, married, and the right skin color. Heads up: less than perfect credit scores will (a) not be hired (b) if you find yourself in – more... this situation once hired, you will be shamed until forced to quit or fired, regardless of the situation that put you there (divorce, medical bills, etc). Good luck! – less
Job is Great
Sr. Field Service Rep. (Current Employee), CAApril 29, 2014
The work means something supporting the soldier. The management does not care if you are selling business or how good you are at your job. Tell them no one time and you are through.
Huge company with exersize room and restaurant.
Electronics Technician (Former Employee), Fridley, MNApril 28, 2014
It was a great place to work with very good benefits.
Management was well informed of what needed to be accomplished and very well versed on explaining instructions to us.
Co-workers did what was necessary and nothing more. (Union)
I made sure I did more than that, by volunteering for other jobs that would benefit the company. CPR, First responder.
The – more... hardest and most enjoyable part of the job was being challenged by getting the job done in the time allotted. – less
Enjoy working for the company
GIS Analyst II (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 25, 2014
Cons: short breaks and the pay is more suitable for a 2 year degree instead of a 4 year degree.
I have enjoyed working for the company since I was hired. They have an alright benefits package with the state of the health care industry.
good production everyday
Machinist (Former Employee), fairfield ohioApril 25, 2014
It was an good job and enjoyable place to work. production was at a high hours was all you wanted. I like that you was able to cross train and transfer to new places.
Very Much appreciated the camaraderie
Senior Engineering Manager (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 24, 2014
Pros: team support, flexibility, willingness to listen
Cons: work/life could be difficult at times, campus morale during and after layoffs occurred from a major program being awarded to a competitor
The location where I worked took a large hit in staffing after not being awarded a critical program. Significant layoffs occurred and morale around the campus was lower than any place I'd worked before.
Great Company
Senior Software Developer (Former Employee), Springfield, VAApril 24, 2014

About BAE Systems

BAE Systems is the premier trans-Atlantic defense and aerospace company, delivering a full range of products and services for – Read more