BEST Life has been providing affordable medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance products to small and large employers in 39 states. Headquartered in Southern California, BEST Life is a fully-insured carrier specializing in group insurance and employee benefits. BEST Life is currently in search for the following:
Job Title: Data Entry Specialist/Underwriting Support
FLSA Category: Non-Exempt
Hourly Rate: $13.50 - $16.00 (DOE)
Job Purpose: Compiles and processes day-to-day insurance eligibility changes for employer groups in accordance with BEST LIFE guidelines. Provides customer service to both internal and external customers. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Education and experience required:
- At least 1 year clerical/administrative support role
- At least 1 year health or life insurance industry experience (preferred)
- At least 2 years customer service experience (preferred)
- Working knowledge of computers and related software applications.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Fast and accurate data entry and typing skills.
- Detail-oriented and able to multi-task.
- Ability to work under pressure in high volume area, and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to think critically and to provide suggestions or solutions.
- Ability to work independently with great sense of urgency.
- Data entry skills will be tested.
- Must have high school diploma.
- Process all forms submitted on a daily basis, related to employee status changes, additions and terminations and input data into our systems daily.
- Verifies entered data by reviewing, correcting, or reentering data; combine data from various systems when information is incomplete.
- Knowledge of insurance products, functions, service policies and procedures.
- Research and request further information when documents are deemed incomplete.
- Has the ability to interact with other company team members and external customers.
- Responsible for meeting the needs of the broker/client via phone or email within 48 hours of receipt.
- Must comply with privacy guidelines, and protect privacy of customer information.
- Assists and backs up other areas of the department as needed.
BEST Life offers the following benefits to Full time Regular Employees:
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life and long term disability benefits and an employee assistance program
- 3 Weeks of Accrued Paid Time Off per year
- 10 company-paid holidays plus one floating holiday
- 401(k) and ROTH
- Tuition reimbursement
- Discounts on Hartville Pet Insurance, Jenny Craig, EyeMed Vision Care, QualSight LASIK, Avis, Sears Commercial and HealthScreen
If you think, you are the candidate we are looking for, please send your resume along with salary history and cover letter. Only applications with salary history will be entertained.
BEST Life and Health Insurance Company is an equal opportunity employer (M/F/D/V)