BEST Life has been providing affordable medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance products to small and large employers in 39 states. Headquartered in Southern California (Irvine), BEST Life is a fully-insured carrier specializing in group insurance and employee benefits. BEST Life is currently in search for the following:
JOB TITLE: Data and Financial Analyst
FLSA CATEGORY: Exempt
SALARY RANGE: $60,000 - $65,000 (DOE)
Work with Actuary to develop and utilize actuarial models, analyze cost and utilization data, complete actuarial calculations, and implement software solutions by applying quantitative skills and analytical methods to well defined projects. Set own priorities within pre-established overall deadlines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implement data models and data access
- Develop and support database activities, such as data loading and unloading
- Designing and running complex data programs
- Performing quantitative analysis of financial, utilization and costs data
- Works with less structured, more complex issues
- Interfaces with multiple internal departments and external entities
- Produces ad hoc health care reports
- Responds to report requests with analysis and presentation of results
- Serves as a resource to others
- Working knowledge of database/statistical analysis language (SQL)
- Excellent communication skills
- Willingness and aptitude for detail work
- Worked as Actuarian Analyst with at least 2 years experience
- Experience in small group pricing
- Previous experience in managed care, finance, or data analysis desirable
- Previous health care contract and services rate administration experience is a plus
- Experience with Microsoft® Excel, SQL and Access
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience (Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Finance, Statistics, Economics or related field preferred)
- Knowledge of statistical and computer information systems (proficient in Excel and Access; programming knowledge of VB, SAS and/or SQL preferred)
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills is required
BEST Life offers the following benefits to Full time Regular Employees:
- Group Basic Term Life and AD&D: No cost to the employee.
- Medical Insurance coverage HMO: Premium is 100% paid by the Company for employee and eligible dependents. Other PPO coverage plan is available for a nominal monthly charge and payroll deduction.
- Dental and Vision coverage: Premium is 100% paid by the Company for employee and eligible dependents.
- The company provides long Term Disability after one year of continuous employment at no cost to the employee.
- Additional, Voluntary, Portable Life coverage is also available for a monthly charge and payroll deducted.
- The Company also offers 401(k) and ROTH account
- In addition, the Company offers 10 (ten) company paid holidays and 1 (one) personal/floating holiday, and 3 (three) weeks of Paid Time Off (PTO) per year based on accrual, which starts on the first day with the Company.
- Tuition reimbursement
- Discounts on Hartville Pet Insurance, Jenny Craig, EyeMed Vision Care, QualSight LASIK, Avis, Sears Commercial and HealthScreen
If you think, you are the candidate we are looking for, please send your resume along with salary history and cover letter. Only applications with salary history will be entertained.
BEST Life and Health Insurance Company is an equal opportunity employer (M/F/D/V)