Fast growing digital music company is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team as a: Content Processing Manager. We are a high-volume independent digital distributor of audio and audio-video content with a very strong reputation in the digital music industry. Our clients include hundreds of independent labels in addition to leading digital services like iTunes, Amazon, Spotify, Rhapsody, eMusic, Youtube and others. Our work environment is fun and supportive but we do not compromise on productivity.
The successful candidate will truly care about music and enjoy being in the music industry. This position will work closely with other departments, label clients and outside agencies. Must work well in a team environment with a positive attitude.
This is a full-time job at our offices in Los Angeles. Salary is commensurate with experience level. Health insurance and other benefits are provided after 90 days. Employee health insurance is fully paid by employer.
- Encoding/Transcoding Audio Files
- Preparing metadata for audio products
- Create XML packages
- Data entry for online database
- Occasional graphic design work
- Uploading content to a variety of delivery partners
- Customer service relations for select digital music services
- Management of RAID storage drives
- Quality control
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Extremely thorough and attention to details a must
- Highly developed organizational skills to manage multiple projects
- MS Excel skills (testing will be part of the interview process)
- Filemaker Pro skills (scripting skills a plus)
- Experience with asset management and RAID storage systems
- Experience with audio and video format conversions
- Hands on experience on Mac OS
- Music industry experience required
- Please indicate all relevant software experience
- Must have experience working with metadata and large quantities of spreadsheets
- This position does not involve audio-engineering, graphic design, social media marketing or video editing skills. Resumes that focus primarily on these areas will not be considered.
IMPORTANT: ALL SUBMISSIONS MUST BE EITHER AS A WORD DOC OR PDF FILE. DO NOT PASTE RESUME INTO THE BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Please send your resume, cover letter and salary history. Submissions that do not follow ALL of the above criteria will not be considered.