BHI General Contracting is looking for qualified candidates for a Superintendent/Field Supervisor position in the Cincinnati area. Please check out our website (www.bhi-gc.com) for more information about us.
- Primarily responsible for on-site field planning, scheduling and supervising.
- Ensure successful completion of projects to meet time and cost objectives with respect to self performed and subcontracted trade work.
- Ensure that safety measures meet and exceed the safety policy.
- Implement quality control policies at the job site.
- Should be willing and able to self perform some portions of work as required.
- Assist Project Management to develop an initial project schedule and communicate sequence and schedule updates to all subcontractors and vendors.
- Develop, maintain, and enforce a project site logistics plan and temporary facilities plan.
- Demonstrated success in managing small and large construction projects.
- Actively participate and/or lead post-bid, Owner/Architect/Contractor, coordination, lead team, subcontractor, staff, scheduling, and progress meetings.
- Develop, implement, maintain, and enforce a project specific quality assurance and workmanship program to include all subcontractors.
- Participate with the Project Manager in issuance of weekly progress report.
- Perform and monitor all jobsite control reporting measures including daily reports, payroll, quantity reporting, accident and incident reports, and timesheets.
- Working knowledge of all project plans, specifications, contract with Owner, subcontracts, purchase orders, daily correspondence, shop drawings, submittals, and all other project related documents, and maintain a complete and accurate set of as-builts.
- Ensure timely project completion through project scheduling, expediting of material deliveries and the management of material and document submittals/approvals.
- Understand all trade contractor's means and methods in accordance with project contract documents.
- Must have strong communication, organization and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated mastery in the skills of field supervision, cost control, subcontractor management, interpersonal skills, safety, ability to communicate, both written and oral.
- Demonstrated ability to train others and monitor their work for quality and completeness.
- Familiar with all policies and processes as it relates to this position.
- Proactively identify and solve problems to minimize risk.
- Develop and mentor subordinates towards a successful career with the company.
- Promote the growth and development of client, subcontractor and vendor relationships.
- Identify new work opportunities and potential projects with current clients.
- Five+ years of experience in commercial construction.
- Proficient with personal computer based scheduling software, and specifically spreadsheet applications.
- Demonstrated mastery of skills in these areas: managing site activity, labor relations, anticipating and resolving field related issues, establishing and enforcing site schedule requirements, managing site safety and insurance risks, interpersonal skills, and ability to communicate both written and oral, and leadership.
- Proven staff training abilities on technical issues as well as company policies, processes and quality
- Must be willing to work on a contract basis.
- Must have dependable transportation and have a valid drivers license.
- Must be willing and able to travel within the Tri-State area.
Indeed - 13 months ago