Great opportunity to join a leading high-tech company in Mountain View, CA as a Data Modeler!
The person selected for this role will be hired as our consultant (W2 employee of BIS Consulting, Inc.) and will work onsite at our client's location in Mountain View. This is a long-term (12 month+) role.
The Data Modeler will be involved in all aspects of data architecture and creating and maintaining the logical and physical data model of various enterprise database and data warehouse systems. The scope includes analyzing associated business rules and process models, analyzing legacy and other related logical and physical models and collaborating with subject matter experts. The individual will liaise with business sponsors and ensure that the design solution satisfies their requirements. In this position, you will develop and implement OLTP and OLAP designs and BI analytical and reporting models to meet Client needs. You will conduct reviews, undertake mapping and scripting, aggregation, standardization and documentation, work with the DBA to implement the model, capture and record metadata, and ensure that the data model conforms to the SDLC guidelines and meets corporate standards.
The data architect/modeler will have deep expertise around industry best practices in Data Warehouse and Data Mart Design, Reports Design, BI technology trends, have subject matter expertise in one or more of Finance, Sales & Services, Marketing, New Product Development and such functions, and strategic thinking and solution orientation to implement key BI strategies.
- Work closely with business to determine requirements and develop robust functional design
and data model.
- Define end-to-end architectural design and data model in the Teradata/Oracle environment for small to large databases and data warehouses.
- Map the current state, identify gaps and evolve the future definition.
- Help the BAs with the discovery process.
- Analyze source system data to understand data structures, definitions and anomalies.
- Develop and publish enterprise subject area diagrams and conceptual, logical and physical
- Define the overall data warehouse architecture.
- Carry out data profiling/cleansing and participate in data governance.
- Regularly interact with the Business on data definition and data classification information, and research and document these for the relevant subject areas and primary data sets supporting business applications.
- Conduct data classification, defining data taxonomy and data ontology for key subject areas, data structures and solutions.
- Participate in projects to support development staff in their implementation of the model.
- Integrate newly sourced data into a common data model.
- Develop professional grade data management documentation for communication to the
Business stakeholders and other partners.
- Contribute to the development of standards, guidelines, design patterns and common data
model frameworks & components, and drive towards data normalization.
- Create repeatable processes and reusable components.