Our client, a leading software technology company in the Bay Area, is seeking a Data Warehouse / Big Data Architect for its Business Intelligence / Data Management organization.
This role is a long-term contract (12 month+) position, based onsite at our client's location in Mountain View, CA.
8+ years as an Architect in a data warehouse environment is required. The person in this role will provide strategic recommendations to the Chief Data Officer and the team.
Technical architect for a mixed-mode (analytical and operational) data warehouse and data mart environment. The perfect candidate would have experience in integrating/optimizing multiple heterogeneous data sources on a mix of Teradata, Oracle and Hadoop platforms. Strong data modeling skills are a must, with professional consulting experience a real plus.
- Provide technical leadership over major aspects of BI project deliverables, including data architecture, data modeling, database layer design (Transactional, DW, data mart), data integration strategy, and data delivery through various BI tools and platforms.
- Play strong influencer role in technology evaluation and selection based on delivery requirements and compatibility with our existing BI technology stack (SQL server, Oracle, Teradata, Informatica, IDQ, Business Objects, Tableau and Qlikview).
- Interact with our business community to understand business problems, create architectural concepts and approaches, and obtain buy-in. Work with various internal IT teams to lead the solution design and support implementation.
- Create necessary documentations such as architectural diagrams, technical design, etc. needed to convey the solution architecture.
- 10+ years of experience in the Business Intelligence/Data Warehousing space, with at least 3-4 years as a BI Architect. Must possess an end-to-end solution approach.
- Solid understanding of data warehouse, data mart, and operational systems concepts and methodologies. Knowledge of traditional DB platforms, particularly Oracle, SQL Server, and Teradata.
- Familiarity and accurate understanding of various non-relational DB and data platforms such as MongoDB and Hadoop.
- Advanced SQL knowledge. Familiarity with various coding languages and data structures typically related to BI work.
- Familiarity with various BI delivery tools, particularly Business Objects, Qlikview, and Tableau.
- Effective inter-personal skills.... must possess the ability to effectively communicate with business and IT influencers.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in Computer Science/Engineering/Math or related fields.
- Prior consulting experience a real plus.